Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Modwiz' Musings: Topical Discussion

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    I understood you, bro. But sending you love anyway. Hope you feel better soon.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (4th October 2016), Aragorn (27th September 2016), bsbray (3rd October 2016), Cearna (27th September 2016), Elen (27th September 2016), Gio (3rd October 2016), modwiz (27th September 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    I was being neither grumpy nor pedantic.

I was actually pointing out how easily people fall into the trap of following a (self-proclaimed) leader or deity, whereas there is nothing in this universe that both deserves and demands worship or a following at the same time. And I was doing it in what I perceived as a humorous way.

I may be ill right now but I didn't think my sense of humor had become so unrecognizable.

And neither did I think my sense of humor would not be recognized. lol
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (4th October 2016), Aragorn (27th September 2016), bsbray (3rd October 2016), Cearna (27th September 2016), Dreamtimer (27th September 2016), Elen (27th September 2016), Gio (3rd October 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,969 Times in 20,255 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by modwiz View Post
    And neither did I think my sense of humor would not be recognized. lol
    Well, let's just say that I'm glad that I was never the one who promised you that I'd post a picture of myself in a tuxedo. Damn, now I'm going to have to start a ****ed & Annoyed thread.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (4th October 2016), bsbray (3rd October 2016), Cearna (27th September 2016), Dreamtimer (27th September 2016), Elen (27th September 2016), Gio (3rd October 2016), modwiz (27th September 2016)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    :fisty:

Where's that annoying thread?

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (4th October 2016), Aragorn (27th September 2016), bsbray (3rd October 2016), Cearna (27th September 2016), Elen (27th September 2016), Gio (3rd October 2016), modwiz (27th September 2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    :fisty:

Where's that annoying thread?
    Let's just ignore that thread and really annoy him.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (4th October 2016), Aragorn (27th September 2016), bsbray (3rd October 2016), Cearna (27th September 2016), Dreamtimer (27th September 2016), Elen (27th September 2016), Gio (3rd October 2016)

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,318 Times in 5,067 Posts
    I love you guys...

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (4th October 2016), Aragorn (27th September 2016), bsbray (3rd October 2016), Dreamtimer (27th September 2016), Gio (3rd October 2016), modwiz (27th September 2016)

Thanks
    Please understand what is probably one of the most important stories of our time and it is taking place at Standing Rock Reservation, North Dakota. The Human Race is taking a stand against the parasites. There is a powerful message and spiritual leadership there. Ceremonies are being held day and night. Prayers are lifted all day and chanupas (peace pipes) are being lit and passed around. Peace prevails. It is not a protest, it is a protect of Mother Earth and the kind of Earth of children and grandchildren will inherit.

As a sign of incredible change, this video podcast is from Zerohedge. The person making the video is usually discussing finance. It is apparent both of these men realize that the status quo is not only not working, it is failing. This podcast is a rich discussion and the man being "interviewed" is now involved and making a difference. Please listen to this amazing talk to witness the change happening, even in financial circles, and also to get the spirit of this paradigm shift for humanity.

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (4th October 2016), Aragorn (27th September 2016), Blacklight43 (3rd October 2016), bsbray (3rd October 2016), Dreamtimer (27th September 2016), Elen (27th September 2016), Gio (3rd October 2016), sandy (4th October 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,393 Times in 1,104 Posts
    http://www.moonofalabama.org/2016/10...l-it.html#more

Excellent commentary from the Moon, as always.
    Sometimes God shines his magic light beam from outer space, and it works in mysterious ways.

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to PurpleLama For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (4th October 2016), Aragorn (3rd October 2016), bsbray (3rd October 2016), Elen (3rd October 2016), Gio (3rd October 2016), JRS (3rd October 2016), modwiz (3rd October 2016), sandy (4th October 2016)

Thanks
    How the images that emotionally drive the propaganda of the Western media is featured here. A photo shoot in Europe, supposedly set in war torn Aleppo, Syria. The NGO funded white helmets were the organizers. The absurdity of the photo shoot is shown by perfectly sound building in the backgroundm aaswell as the dress of the people standing behind the "victims" wearing their bombed out make-up. A close look shows the make-up to be poorly rendered and close ups show the make-up does not even go beyond the part of the face showing for the camera.

Notice the buildings and people standing behind the 'victims'.

Above Image: This is not Aleppo, Syria, but rather the streets of Europe where a recent “save Aleppo” protest was staged. Actors posing in fake dust and blood proved just how easy it is for anyone to create “war victims” anytime, anywhere.
    Ckeck how the nake-up ends going towards the ear of the man in the foreground.

In this final picture perspective we see this is staged in an unscathed area of what is a European central area or square of a town/city.

These are the images that substantiate the narrative the lying media regurgitate to a zombified public who feel moved when they see photos like this.

The recent coordinated “save Aleppo” protests held across Europe and North America, perhaps revealed just how transparently fabricated and fictional the “White Helmet’s” work really is. During one protest, photos retweeted by the official “White Helmet’s” Twitter account showed actors dressed up as “war victims,” covered in fake dust and blood, appearing almost indistinguishable from the alleged “victims” the “White Helmets” regularly “save” in Syria.
    http://www.activistpost.com/2016/10/...r-victims.html

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (4th October 2016), Aragorn (4th October 2016), bsbray (3rd October 2016), Elen (3rd October 2016), Fred Steeves (3rd October 2016), Gio (3rd October 2016), sandy (4th October 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts
    Let's just ignore that thread and really annoy him.
    Just bloody lovely, the lengths some will go to arise my ire, to bake my happy cake, to not sneeze upon that dusty annoyed mirroring thread, silly avoiders, PAH

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (4th October 2016), bsbray (6th October 2016), Elen (4th October 2016), modwiz (6th October 2016), sandy (4th October 2016)

Thanks
    OK. So not only is Russia having a major preparedness drill, for a possible nuclear attack, things are getting quite real out there. I found this article related something that seemed not such a big deal when it made the news about a day ago. Russia pulled out of an agreement about disposing of weapons grade plutonium, as a protest for all of the USA dickery lately. However, it did say it would comply with the agreement under certain conditions. I will post those conditions her as they are quite telling as to the the Russians being fed up with being played by the USA.

Let’s look at these conditions: (1) the US must lift all sanctions against Russia; (1) compensation should be paid not only for the losses from American sanctions, but also for the losses incurred by Russian counter-sanctions; (3) the Magnitsky Act should be repealed; (4) the US’ military presence in Eastern Europe should be sharply reduced; and (5) the US should abandon its policy of confrontation with Moscow. Only one word fits in determining the essence of Putin’s demands: “ultimatum.”
    This is something the MSM has not covered yet, to my knowledge. They are probably going to twist it when they figure out a response. This list of conditions is really more for the rest of the world tosee, especially other governments. Russia is telling the USA the jig is up with pushing people around, at least formidable countries like Russia. This is a tectonic shift.

And so, the first conclusion is: Putin has deliberately and demonstratively humiliated the US. He has shown that it is possible to talk tough to the US, even tougher than the US itself has gotten used to talking down to the rest of the world.
    At this precise moment, Moscow has seized the initiative and upped the ante, but by moving the confrontation onto another plane. Unlike America, Russia is not threatening war. It is simply demonstrating its capability of giving a harsh political and economic response which can, in the event of further inappropriate behavior by the US, realize just the opposite of Obama’s dream: tearing apart Washington’s economy and financial system.

In addition, with these actions, Russia has seriously undermined the international prestige of the US by showing the whole world that America can be beaten with its own weapons. The boomerang has come back. Given such dynamics and turn of events, we might see hundreds of representatives of the American elite at the dock in the Hague not only in our lifetime, but even before the next American president serves their first four-year term in the White House.

The US has been given a choice. Either it will carry through with its threats and start a nuclear war, or it will accept the fact that the world is no longer unipolar, and begin to integrate into the new format.
    Now things are ready and the cards have been put on the table. Let us see what the US will respond with. But the geopolitical reality will never be the same. The world has already changed. The US has had the gauntlet publicly thrown down before it and they have not dared to pick it up right away.
    I think this is a brilliant strategy. No military threats are being made but, just standing up to the USA this way is very threatening to their "prestige". They no longer look invincible and able to have their way in world affairs. The response, or ignoring this, in the MSM should be telling.

http://www.fort-russ.com/2016/10/rai...s-us-nuke.html
    Last edited by modwiz, 6th October 2016 at 02:18.

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (6th October 2016), Aragorn (6th October 2016), bsbray (6th October 2016), Dreamtimer (6th October 2016), Elen (6th October 2016), Gio (6th October 2016)

(account terminated) United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,648 Times in 2,895 Posts
    I think this is a brilliant strategy. No military threats are being made but, just standing up to the USA this way is very threatening to their "prestige". They no longer look invincible and able to have their way in world affairs. The response, or ignoring, this in the MSM should be telling.
    Keep in mind too that the US is in the midst of a very volatile presidential election that is basically serving as a referendum on globalism and simultaneously reinvigorating nationalism at home while Trump's campaign is warming more and more Americans to the idea that we don't have to fight Russia. We can work with Russia.

Russia knows all of this as well as anyone and they are really clamping the pressure on the Obama administration and the global fascists it represents. This is not just an embarrassment to the US internationally but is an embarrassment specifically of the Obama administration in US politics, and the more Russia embarrasses the current administration, and shows that it is prepared for all-out war (which surely the Russians must know that the US people themselves would be firmly against), the more he is playing into the hands of the Trump campaign to help oust the warmongering globalists that no one should want as their leaders.

I don't think that Trump is an agent of Putin as the liberal MSM keeps alleging, but Trump and Putin are both clearly anti-globalism, just as the Brexiters in Britain have demonstrated that they have a voting majority standing up to globalism as well. After the US, France looks to be the next big election where nationalism will be pitted against globalism, in the spring of 2017. I just pray that the Trump campaign, and whoever is backing him, is able to seal the deal for the sake of a return to simple nationalism and a renouncing of globalism.

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bsbray For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (6th October 2016), Aragorn (6th October 2016), Dreamtimer (6th October 2016), Elen (6th October 2016), Gio (6th October 2016), modwiz (6th October 2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by bsbray View Post
    Keep in mind too that the US is in the midst of a very volatile presidential election that is basically serving as a referendum on globalism and simultaneously reinvigorating nationalism at home while Trump's campaign is warming more and more Americans to the idea that we don't have to fight Russia. We can work with Russia.
    As much as I dislike either US presidential candidate, I must hand it to Trump: he is very clear about how Russia is not the enemy. And Putin knows that, which is why Putin would prefer to see Trump win the elections.

Vladimir Putin is no saint — he's ex-FSB, fer chrissakes — but he's a hell of a better statesman than all of those Bohemian Grovers () who managed to get a foothold within the White House so far.

Russia knows all of this as well as anyone and they are really clamping the pressure on the Obama administration and the global fascists it represents. This is not just an embarrassment to the US internationally but is an embarrassment specifically of the Obama administration in US politics, and the more Russia embarrasses the current administration, and shows that it is prepared for all-out war (which surely the Russians must know that the US people themselves would be firmly against), the more he is playing into the hands of the Trump campaign to help oust the warmongering globalists that no one should want as their leaders.
    I think it's not just the Obama administration. Obama is a shill. He works for the Rockefeller clan, i.e. the Bush family, the Clintons, George Soros, most of the US Democrat Party, the Council on Foreign Relations, and of course the Trilateral Commission — the latter two also home to neocons such as Dick Cheney.

I don't think that Trump is an agent of Putin as the liberal MSM keeps alleging, [...
    I don't believe that either, and not for one minute, even. That's just plain US globalist propaganda.

...] but Trump and Putin are both clearly anti-globalism, just as the Brexiters in Britain have demonstrated that they have a voting majority standing up to globalism as well. After the US, France looks to be the next big election where nationalism will be pitted against globalism, in the spring of 2017. I just pray that the Trump campaign, and whoever is backing him, is able to seal the deal for the sake of a return to simple nationalism and a renouncing of globalism.
    Well, you know that I don't agree with you on that nationalism would be the right path to follow. Nationalism is just the other side of the coin of yet another false dichotomy. What is needed — but, granted, this is going to be very, very difficult with all the propaganda from the mainstream media and the equally indoctrinating Common Core education dominating the Anglo-Saxon world (as well as many of the non-Anglo-Saxon western countries) — is a step outside of the box, as what has already been happening for quite a while with the alter-globalization movement.

Sadly enough, alter-globalization has lost most of its presence in the attention span of the western populace due to the incessant propaganda in favor of both NWO-style globalization and nationalism. It is very similar to the false dichotomy created by the US bipartisan system, i.e. the third (and only valid) option is obfuscated and ignored in favor of the two seemingly opposing sides of the same evil coin.

Choosing either side of that same coin is only going to keep people running in circles, and paves the way for a revisit to the other side of the coin again at any given point in the future — from (NWO-style) globalism to nationalism, from nationalism back to (NWO-style) globalism, and so on again. It's no different from going from a US Democrat as president of the USA to a US Republican as president and then back again. It still is and will always remain another variant of the "us versus them" paradigm.

It's a vicious circle, and it has to be broken in order for humanity to really be able to thrive and evolve into a civilization worthy of exploring other worlds and openly contacting whatever other civilizations exist out there in the universe.

:unity:

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (6th October 2016), bsbray (6th October 2016), Dreamtimer (6th October 2016), Elen (6th October 2016), Gio (6th October 2016)

(account terminated) United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,648 Times in 2,895 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    I think it's not just the Obama administration. Obama is a shill. He works for the Rockefeller clan, i.e. the Bush family, the Clintons, George Soros, most of the US Democrat Party, the Council on Foreign Relations, and of course the Trilateral Commission — the latter two also home to neocons such as Dick Cheney.
    Yes, but that doesn't always come across to Americans who are still stuck thinking in the two-party system. For them, it would simply reflect badly upon the Obama administration, just as for the world at large the blame might be placed on the US as a whole, which is also an oversimplification. But for the sheeple or semi-sheeple to associate increased Russian aggression and tensions with the Obama and Clinton administration would be terrible for Clinton's already-failing campaign, and would be advantageous to the Trump campaign.

American support for even bombing Syria with naval ships from the ocean (no "boots on the ground") was 8% a few years ago when Obama was interrupting prime-time TV slots to give these impassioned speeches as to why we should engage our military in Syria. He had to give up that fight. 8% support. Not even the MSM could skew that terrible of a poll for them.

This was all sold with the understanding that Syria is a relatively small and weak country that would pose no military threat whatsoever to the US, and still only 8% support, because we have been at war constantly since 2001 and we are tired of it. We are tired of hearing about it. So the desire to go to war with Russia is probably like in the negative percentages, through the floor, it would cause so much outrage here. It would be more likely to instantly start a civil war here than actually result in any determined effort against Russia.

So with Russia no doubt realizing that the American people themselves have absolutely no interest in a war against Russia, that gives Russia that much more confidence in cranking up the pressure tremendously on the Obama administration. Plus, look at how popular Russia Today (RT) has become as a news source online. People get it. It's our own government that is the problem, not Russia, and Russia has our back in that. Putin may be no saint but "the enemy of your enemy is your friend."

Well, you know that I don't agree with you on that nationalism would be the right path to follow. Nationalism is just the other side of the coin of yet another false dichotomy. What is needed — but, granted, this is going to be very, very difficult with all the propaganda from the mainstream media and the equally indoctrinating Common Core education dominating the Anglo-Saxon world (as well as many of the non-Anglo-Saxon western countries) — is a step outside of the box, as what has already been happening for quite a while with the alter-globalization movement.
    This "alter-globalization" movement looks like just another form of globalization to me. Maybe it's set up to be the opposition party to the usual types of globalists. Globalism is globalism and no matter how pretty it sounds at first, it is 100% as susceptible to abuse.

I think we should all forget about world cooperation and world government. Let's be frank about the situation and admit that none of us, in any of our countries, has firm control over own our government. I mean the people as a whole. The American people can't hold their leaders accountable effectively, and I don't know of any country that can. To be pursuing any kind of globalist agenda in these circumstances is insane.

Not to mention, and we've talked about this before, I think the best government is the most decentralized as possible. I would rather more laws be passed in my local town or county government that affect me personally, than in Washington DC, let alone some international world capital. To hell with the very idea of that. If we can work together then we can do it without being forced by the heavy hand of some international government. When we are truly mature enough to all work together on a global scale, we will be able to work together in our individual countries first, and that is not happening.

Alternating between nationalism and globalism is not a repeating cycle as far as the US is concerned, either. We have only really entered into the international imperial club within the last 100 years or so. Before that, we had strong traditions of states' rights and even of local governments. So we have something to fall back on here. Nationalism is a step in that direction. Some other form of globalism is still globalism and we shouldn't even pretend to be ready for that. It's only an opportunity for world centralized government, in the hands of psychopaths.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bsbray For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (6th October 2016), Aragorn (6th October 2016), Dreamtimer (6th October 2016), Elen (6th October 2016), Gio (6th October 2016)

Thanks
    This "alter-globalization" movement looks like just another form of globalization to me. Maybe it's set up to be the opposition party to the usual types of globalists. Globalism is globalism and no matter how pretty it sounds at first, it is 100% as susceptible to abuse.

I think we should all forget about world cooperation and world government. Let's be frank about the situation and admit that none of us, in any of our countries, has firm control over own our government. I mean the people as a whole. The American people can't hold their leaders accountable effectively, and I don't know of any country that can. To be pursuing any kind of globalist agenda in these circumstances is insane.

Not to mention, and we've talked about this before, I think the best government is the most decentralized as possible. I would rather more laws be passed in my local town or county government that affect me personally, than in Washington DC, let alone some international world capital. To hell with the very idea of that. If we can work together then we can do it without being forced by the heavy hand of some international government. When we are truly mature enough to all work together on a global scale, we will be able to work together in our individual countries first, and that is not happening.

Alternating between nationalism and globalism is not a repeating cycle as far as the US is concerned, either. We have only really entered into the international imperial club within the last 100 years or so. Before that, we had strong traditions of states' rights and even of local governments. So we have something to fall back on here. Nationalism is a step in that direction. Some other form of globalism is still globalism and we shouldn't even pretend to be ready for that. It's only an opportunity for world centralized government, in the hands of psychopaths.
    I hear you on that, but then again, I personally don't support any form of government — as you may remember me expounding upon earlier already. Any form of government — whether it's regional, national or international — is always going to lead to corruption, because the people who are elected for such governments are always the people who want to be in a role where they can dictate the law onto others.

Not only does that signify a very real and present risk of abuse, but as history has shown, in most cases, those in government are intellectually no better than those who are being governed. In other words, there's also a very real hazard that a whole population group could and would fall victim to the consequences of the incompetence of their (supposedly) elected officials.

By consequence, my own vision of alter-globalism is not related to any bureaucracies or corporations, but is instead defined by a strive for peace and cooperation between the people(s) themselves, without anyone pounding themselves on the chest and exclaiming that their population group is better than any other population group — which is what nationalism and patriotism are truly about.

I just want to us to be clear on that.

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (6th October 2016), bsbray (6th October 2016), Dreamtimer (6th October 2016), Elen (6th October 2016), Gio (6th October 2016)