Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Modwiz' Musings: Topical Discussion

Thanks
    Thanked 7,393 Times in 1,104 Posts
    I finally had a chance to watch this week's news and views from the nefarium, I find the most salient point to be that Russia announced new rules of engagement in Syrian airspace, ominous at best.
    Sometimes God shines his magic light beam from outer space, and it works in mysterious ways.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to PurpleLama For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (25th September 2016), Aragorn (24th September 2016), bsbray (25th September 2016), Dreamtimer (25th September 2016), Elen (24th September 2016), modwiz (24th September 2016)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,661 Times in 1,264 Posts
    I am reminded of the question..."Does (what i am focused on) grow corn?"

Anymore, THIS is what excites me...HEALING. Feeling well and being able to do what we want to do because we are physically able, mentally aware/alert/ "WITH IT", emotionally calm and in our integrity is holy.

Healing grows giant corn. Anyone who has not self healed cannot be full on sovereign IMO.
    IMO healing experience is one primary powerful gateway of empowerment.

It is apparent to me that all roads of SELF healing are also healing for all in our focus. Its not anything but natural. And yes, I AM (by whatever name the real juice is called) a personal relationship to the mystery who is, IS the most natural ally we have in real time.

I want to share some video from people who have something to offer/share from different vantage points that IMO grows corn.
    This IMO represents our new type of response ability.

This is an example IMO of someone synthesizing info and using it for his good and sharing from his use of information.

In 2006, Joshua Tongol was challenged by a modern-day miracle. He was so convinced of its authenticity that he began his own journey–investigating to find out whether or not miracles still occur regularly today. He read every book he could find on the topic and met with different people who operated in these so-called “supernatural gifts.”

Eventually, Joshua began praying for the sick and started seeing results for the very first time–including his own healing from both his GERD and back injury.

In recent years, Joshua discovered the universal power to heal resides in every human being–that it doesn’t belong to just one group, religion, sect, or even to one special person. In fact, the principles of healing are woven into the very fabric of the universe and are available to anyone, anytime, and anywhere.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kgw9dP5Olk

These hands are beautiful and I felt something lovely given

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHFoto5rSKM

Reconnective Healing (Eric Pearl) is just one avenue of frequency

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GYZytD7yOY

Edit to add

calm the amygdala and be the placebo.
    Dr. Lissa Rankin: "Mind Over Medicine: Scientific Proof You Can Heal Yourself

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcai0i2tJt0
    Last edited by Maggie, 25th September 2016 at 02:14.

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (25th September 2016), Aragorn (25th September 2016), bsbray (25th September 2016), Dreamtimer (25th September 2016), Elen (25th September 2016), Gio (3rd October 2016), JRS (25th September 2016), modwiz (25th September 2016), sandy (25th September 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    Clicking on this link won't get much more info. Here is the gist of it.

This Has to Hurt=> More Americans Believe in Bigfoot Than Hillary Clinton

And this tweet:
    Hillary's wondering why she's tanking; maybe it's because she has a lower trustworthiness rating than Chinese toothpaste
    http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016...llary-clinton/
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (25th September 2016), Aragorn (25th September 2016), bsbray (25th September 2016), Cearna (25th September 2016), Dreamtimer (25th September 2016), Elen (25th September 2016), Gio (3rd October 2016), PurpleLama (26th September 2016)

Thanks
    Hmm, very interesting

The end of stealth? New Chinese radar capable of detecting ‘invisible’ targets 100km away

A top Chinese military technology company shocked physicists around the world this week when it announced it had developed a new form of radar able to detect stealth planes 100km away.

The breakthrough relies on a ghostly phenomenon known as quantum entanglement, which Albert Einstein dubbed “spooky action at a distance”.

China Electronics Technology Group Corporation (CETC), one of the “Top 10” military industry groups controlled directly by the central government, said on Sunday that the new radar system’s entangled photons had detected targets 100km away in a recent field test.

That’s five times the “potential range” of a laboratory prototype jointly developed by researchers from Canada, Germany, Britain and the United States last year.
    Quantum physics says that if you create a pair of entangled photons by splitting the original photon with a crystal, a change to one entangled photon will immediately affect its twin, regardless of the distance between them.

A quantum radar, generating a large number of entangled photon pairs and shooting one twin into the air, would be capable of receiving critical information about a target, including its shape, location, speed, temperature and even the chemical composition of its paint, from returning photons.

That sounds similar to a normal radar, which uses radio waves, but quantum radar would be much better at detecting stealth planes, which use special coating materials and body designs to reduce the radio waves they deflect, making them indistinguishable from the background environment.
    The photons had to maintain certain conditions – known as quantum states – such as upward or downward spin to remain entangled. But Ma said the quantum states could be lost due to disturbances in the environment, a phenomenon known as “decoherence”, which increased the risk of entanglement loss as the photons travelled through the air, thus limiting the effective range of quantum radar.

The CETC breakthrough benefited largely from the recent rapid development of single-photon detectors, which allowed researchers to capture returning photons with a high degree of efficiency.
    http://www.thetruthseeker.co.uk/?p=139926
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (25th September 2016), Aragorn (25th September 2016), bsbray (25th September 2016), Cearna (26th September 2016), Dreamtimer (25th September 2016), Elen (25th September 2016), Gio (3rd October 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    That tweet is pretty funny, and sad. But I'm not voting for Chinese Toothpaste just yet...

Whiter teeth, purer policies. Vote to brush away the past...

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (26th September 2016), Aragorn (25th September 2016), bsbray (25th September 2016), Cearna (26th September 2016), Elen (25th September 2016), Gio (3rd October 2016), modwiz (25th September 2016)

Thanks
    Hmm. Plausible deniability when Obama says "I will not put American boots on the ground in Syria".?

Made in China’ US military boots a boon for Donald Trump

Our brave soldiers are wearing boots that - instead of being 100 percent American-made - seem to be imported from China and at the tax-payers’ expense. This news could not have come at a worst time, Lionel, political and media analyst, told RT.

Wellco Enterprises has sold thousands of boots worth millions of dollars to the US military for decades.

It turns out, however, the famous 'Made in USA' military footwear might actually be coming from China. Wellco stands accused of allegedly removing 'Made in China' labels from its products.

And with the presidential elections just around the corner, media and political analyst Lionel says this scandal could not have happened at a better time for Republican candidate Donald Trump.
    https://www.rt.com/op-edge/360501-us...se-made-boots/

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (26th September 2016), Aragorn (26th September 2016), Cearna (26th September 2016), Dreamtimer (26th September 2016), Elen (26th September 2016), Gio (3rd October 2016)

Thanks
    Maggie said, "I am reminded of the question..."Does (what i am focused on) grow corn?""

Recently, in an interview I listened to, someone described the two ways we can worship. The Corn God and the Debt God.

In the world of the Corn God there is abundance.

Let us follow the Corn God and not the Debt God.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (26th September 2016), Cearna (27th September 2016), Elen (26th September 2016), Maggie (26th September 2016), modwiz (26th September 2016), PurpleLama (26th September 2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    Maggie said, "I am reminded of the question..."Does (what i am focused on) grow corn?""

Recently, in an interview I listened to, someone described the two ways we can worship. The Corn God and the Debt God.

This choice of God sets up our perception mode and how we apprehend reality. When one gets their God straight, it makes seeing the world a very different experience. We find self value with the Corn God. This has huge psychological implications. Humans are primarily about their psychology.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (26th September 2016), Cearna (27th September 2016), Dreamtimer (26th September 2016), Elen (26th September 2016), Gio (3rd October 2016), Maggie (26th September 2016), PurpleLama (26th September 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,661 Times in 1,264 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by modwiz View Post
    This choice of God sets up our perception mode and how we apprehend reality. When one gets their God straight, it makes seeing the world a very different experience. We find self value with the Corn God. This has huge psychological implications. Humans are primarily about their psychology.
    We are possibly the only creature who is anxious about our mortality. The statement describing humans being
    "primarily about our psychology" definitely fits my own preoccupation.

I was watching this last night and it gripped me.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3Vk4w69UAI

If our beliefs never quit until we give them up, the implications are BIG and so important that much else pales.

I just heard this song in my head for some reason
    Corn dog the barking of wisdom
    Can anyone else hear the tune?

corn God and Corn dog and kittens and twisters
    Big yellow roses with thorns that burst blisters
    all of the packaging mired up in strings
    what is the difference in good and bad Things?

Days when bills come, or the tree falls?
    If we start to laugh,
    will we remember our favorite bits
    each night in a cold cold bath?

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (26th September 2016), Cearna (27th September 2016), Dreamtimer (26th September 2016), Elen (26th September 2016), Gio (3rd October 2016), modwiz (26th September 2016)

Thanks
    Our favorite bits might be smaller in a cold cold bath...

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (26th September 2016), Cearna (27th September 2016), Elen (27th September 2016), Gio (3rd October 2016), Maggie (26th September 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,974 Times in 20,256 Posts

I prefer not to follow any gods. But that's just me.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Cearna (27th September 2016), Dreamtimer (26th September 2016), Elen (27th September 2016), Gio (3rd October 2016), Maggie (26th September 2016), modwiz (26th September 2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    I prefer not to follow any gods. But that's just me.
    Yeah, follow was not the best word choice. I thought about editing it but decided to let it sit. I don't follow myself. Maybe choose is the better word.

I've had more than one experience with people trying to convince me I owe them in some way when I don't in any way. It's a strange mentality.

And I also know people I can't actually give a gift to because they automatically turn it into an obligation on their part which is not expected.

It's not a dynamic I follow. I do have to be aware of others' expectations, though.

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (26th September 2016), Cearna (27th September 2016), Elen (27th September 2016), Gio (3rd October 2016), Maggie (26th September 2016), modwiz (26th September 2016)

Thanks
    Yeah, follow was not the best word choice. I thought about editing it but decided to let it sit. I don't follow myself. Maybe choose is the better word.

I've had more than one experience with people trying to convince me I owe them in some way when I don't in any way. It's a strange mentality.

And I also know people I can't actually give a gift to because they automatically turn it into an obligation on their part which is not expected.

It's not a dynamic I follow. I do have to be aware of others' expectations, though.
    He's being grumpy and typically pedantic. Although, tongue out smiley meant his eyes were twinkling. Let's send him some love.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (26th September 2016), Cearna (27th September 2016), Dreamtimer (26th September 2016), Elen (27th September 2016), Gio (3rd October 2016)

Thanks
    No prob...

I was wondering if someone would comment on the follow part. It's not too far removed from the savior idea.

But following a path is something we all do, and there are many.

Maybe corny humor is a good thing to engage in... (pretend the banana's a cob)

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (26th September 2016), Cearna (27th September 2016), Elen (27th September 2016), Gio (3rd October 2016), modwiz (27th September 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,974 Times in 20,256 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by modwiz View Post
    He's being grumpy and typically pedantic. Although, tongue out smiley meant his eyes were twinkling. Let's send him some love.
    I was being neither grumpy nor pedantic.

I was actually pointing out how easily people fall into the trap of following a (self-proclaimed) leader or deity, whereas there is nothing in this universe that both deserves and demands worship or a following at the same time. And I was doing it in what I perceived as a humorous way.

I may be ill right now but I didn't think my sense of humor had become so unrecognizable.

= DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Cearna (27th September 2016), Dreamtimer (27th September 2016), Elen (27th September 2016), Gio (3rd October 2016), modwiz (27th September 2016)