Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Modwiz' Musings: Topical Discussion

Thanks
    Thanked 7,393 Times in 1,104 Posts
    Didn't we come up with a way to upload mp3s back in the day (says the "troublemaker")? If that function still exists, I did indeed save the interview, as I download all and stream nothing....
    Sometimes God shines his magic light beam from outer space, and it works in mysterious ways.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PurpleLama For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd September 2016), Aragorn (21st September 2016), Dreamtimer (21st September 2016), Elen (21st September 2016), modwiz (21st September 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by PurpleLama View Post
    Didn't we come up with a way to upload mp3s back in the day (says the "troublemaker")? If that function still exists, I did indeed save the interview, as I download all and stream nothing....
    I followed the instruction Aragorn gave with an mp3 but, as soon as I posted the mp3 function showed up and then disappeared. Aragorn says we have it and I may have done it incorrectly. I would download more but, hard drive space makes me a little conservative.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd September 2016), Aragorn (21st September 2016), Dreamtimer (21st September 2016), Elen (21st September 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,969 Times in 20,255 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by PurpleLama View Post
    There is indeed a way to upload MP3s, but there is a 12 MiB limit to the file size. The method of uploading is described by Malc in this thread here, and if you follow those instructions, then one can either listen to the MP3 here at the forum, or download it to one's own computer.

Quote Originally posted by modwiz View Post
    I followed the instruction Aragorn gave with an mp3 but, as soon as I posted the mp3 function showed up and then disappeared. Aragorn says we have it and I may have done it incorrectly. I would download more but, hard drive space makes me a little conservative.
    It is possible that you had clicked the "Insert Inline(1)" button, so that the "1" became a "0", or it is possible that the file exceeded the maximum allowed size. I do not know how to change the maximum allowed size — if it's even possible — as this is something which must be set at the back-end, and that's Malc's domain.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd September 2016), Dreamtimer (21st September 2016), Elen (21st September 2016), modwiz (21st September 2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    There is indeed a way to upload MP3s, but there is a 12 MiB limit to the file size. The method of uploading is described by Malc in this thread here, and if you follow those instructions, then one can either listen to the MP3 here at the forum, or download it to one's own computer.

It is possible that you had clicked the "Insert Inline(1)" button, so that the "1" became a "0", or it is possible that the file exceeded the maximum allowed size. I do not know how to change the maximum allowed size — if it's even possible — as this is something which must be set at the back-end, and that's Malc's domain.
    Must have been the former because the file was under 5MB.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd September 2016), Aragorn (21st September 2016), Dreamtimer (21st September 2016), Elen (21st September 2016)

Thanks
    This is a bit dry but, full of on the ground reporting of a peace group that went to Syria. It is a sober look and goes well until the media get to ask questions. We are fortunate they only had 10 minutes. Of course "barrel bombs" get brought up because they somehow evoke a horror greater than a regular bomb. The reporters are little more than regurgitating drones hooked into an AI. I watched the whole thing and was glad I did.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd September 2016), Aragorn (21st September 2016), Cearna (21st September 2016), Dreamtimer (21st September 2016), Elen (21st September 2016), JRS (21st September 2016), sandy (22nd September 2016)

Thanks
    I found this joke in a comment section.

An Israeli doctor says," In Israel, medicine is so advanced that we cut off a man's testicles, put them on another man and in six weeks he is looking for work."
    The German doctor says, " That's nothing. In Germany we can take part of a brain, put it in another man and in four weeks he is looking for work."
    The Russian doctor says," Gentlemen, we take half a heart from a man, put it in another's chest and in two weeks he is looking for work."
    The American doctor laughs out loud. "You are all way behind us. Seven years ago we took a Muslim with no brains, no heart and no balls and made him President. Now, the whole country is looking for work."

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd September 2016), Aragorn (21st September 2016), Cearna (21st September 2016), Dreamtimer (21st September 2016), Elen (21st September 2016)

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,318 Times in 5,067 Posts
    Oh my modwiz I didn't see that one coming!

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd September 2016), Aragorn (21st September 2016), Cearna (21st September 2016), Dreamtimer (21st September 2016), modwiz (21st September 2016), sandy (22nd September 2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Elen View Post
    Oh my modwiz I didn't see that one coming!
    It is interesting to see the social engineering (political correctness) at work. Currently, it is seen as acceptable to demean muslims. A generation or two ago, it would have been his skin color. The bogey man morphs as social engineering needs it to. So, although the joke has a clever hook, hidden in the humor is the meme. Muslims are fine to trash because there is little concern for social backlash because the "other" is safe to make sub-human.

By pointing out social engineering, we have a chance to de-weaponize it.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd September 2016), Aragorn (21st September 2016), Cearna (21st September 2016), Dreamtimer (21st September 2016), Elen (21st September 2016), sandy (22nd September 2016)

Thanks
    The USA led Western coalition, or more properly, The USA and its criminal vassals are clearly trying to get a war going before the election. There is close to zero diplomacy from the West and plenty of finger pointing and lies. This journalist, based in Syria has been following the real story on the ground there and has this report that lays things out well. Basically, the USA is trying to keep their attack on the Syrian Army out of the headlines. First, with the bombs in the New York metropolitan area and then trying to blame Syria or Russia for an attack on a humanitarian convoy. Claiming an aerial attack. Radar reveals only a UK predator drone lingering in the area before, during and after the attack in the convoy. Now, insisting on a no fly zone. Trying to create conditions where a sovereign nation is supposed to no protect itself from a vicious attack. You could not make up a more sinister and slimy plot.

Here is the report:

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd September 2016), Aragorn (22nd September 2016), Cearna (24th September 2016), Dreamtimer (22nd September 2016), Elen (22nd September 2016), PurpleLama (22nd September 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,393 Times in 1,104 Posts
    The Rense-Fetzer interview is almost 50mb..... Alas.
    Sometimes God shines his magic light beam from outer space, and it works in mysterious ways.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to PurpleLama For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd September 2016), Aragorn (22nd September 2016), Cearna (24th September 2016), Dreamtimer (22nd September 2016), Elen (22nd September 2016), modwiz (22nd September 2016)

Thanks
    I have been aware of this story, for about two days now. It was an unconfirmed report carried by farsnews, not the most reliable source as it is affiliated with al-jazeera. It was in an Arabic language version os Sputnik news. I looked for it all over the alt news sites but, nothing. It appears both Iran and Russia want this kept quiet to save USA "face". This gives room for diplomacy to work. Real diplomacy always seeks to not inflame things. Lavrov is a diplomat of the first degree. Kerry might want to be but, the war hounds he ultimately serves snarl orders he is compelled to perform. I would bet he and Lavrov have a private understanding and a personal relationship that may border on warmth. However, this story is now breaking out and JP Fareel covers it in his latest News and Views from the Nefarium tonight. I will post both the newer article and the original Farsnews article as well as the JPF video.

Newest article:
    The US and its allies had established a Field Operations Room in the Aleppo region integrated by intelligence personnel. Until it was targeted by a Russian missile attack on September 20, this “semi-secret” facility was operated by US, British, Israeli, Turkish, Saudi and Qatari intelligence personnel.

According to Fars News, this intelligence facility was attacked by Russia in the immediate wake of the US Air Strikes against Syrian SAA forces at Deir Ezzor in support of the ISIS-Daesh terrorists. “The Russian warships stationed in Syria’s coastal waters targeted and destroyed a foreign military operations room, killing over two dozen Israeli and western intelligence officers”

“The Russian warships fired three Caliber missiles at the foreign officers’ coordination operations room in Dar Ezza region in the Western part of Aleppo near Sam’an mountain, killing 30 Israeli and western officers,”
    The operations room was located in the Western part of Aleppo province in the middle of sky-high Sam’an mountain and old caves. The region is deep into a chain of mountains.
    http://www.globalresearch.ca/u-s-coa...report/5547099

Original article:

"The Russian warships fired three Caliber missiles at the foreign officers' coordination operations room in Dar Ezza region in the Western part of Aleppo near Sam'an mountain, killing 30 Israeli and western officers," the Arabic-language service of Russia's Sputnik news agency quoted battlefield source in Aleppo as saying on Wednesday.

The operations room was located in the Western part of Aleppo province in the middle of sky-high Sam'an mountain and old caves. The region is deep into a chain of mountains.

Several US, Turkish, Saudi, Qatari and British officers were also killed along with the Israeli officers. The foreign officers who were killed in the Aleppo operations room were directing the terrorists' attacks in Aleppo and Idlib.
    http://en.farsnews.com/newstext.aspx?nn=13950631000607

22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (23rd September 2016), Aragorn (23rd September 2016), bsbray (24th September 2016), Cearna (24th September 2016), Dreamtimer (25th September 2016), Elen (23rd September 2016), JRS (24th September 2016), PurpleLama (23rd September 2016)

Thanks
    More deception from the despicable, er, exceptional nation.

Caught On Tape: Did The US Target Syrian Aid Convoy With Hellfire Missile?

It appeared the domestic small bombs in NY and NJ were not providing enough cover to keep the USA attack on the Syrian army out of the newspapers. Another, more heinous act was needed to place blame on Russia/Syria. Attacking a convoy of supposed humanitarian aid would be nasty enough. First few seconds of the video are alleged to show a unique explosive signature of USA Hellfire missles. Russian one have a different signature. No use watching the rest of the video. Having named the bad guys it is just footage of devastation having nothing to do with the convoy. It is ABC news after all. Deception and distraction of emotional content to create images of what the accused "bad guys" have done.

Footage of the nighttime attack on the Syrian aid convoy in Aleppo has surfaced. But there's something curious about how the footage has been appearing on Western news reports. A commenter on the Moon of Alabama blog, PavewayIV, made the following observations about what appears in the video, and what it suggests. First, however, here's an unedited version of the blast, courtesy of ABC:

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQnKEhHb4Iw

In the screen cap above, you can see what looks to be a cloud of sparks following an initial explosion. According to PavewayIV, this is a signature of the Metal-Augmented Charge (MAC) Hellfire AGM-114N, the Predator drone's typical payload.

The fiery cloud is produced by the residue of the fine-mesh fluorinated aluminum particles (the "metal augmentation"). Aside from the ABC footage, most other networks have shown edited versions that make this signature difficult to detect.

For example, here's AP's version:

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdN_siggEn0

Shakey-cam added for jihadi-vision effect? Why would they do this?

Thermobaric Hellfire air-blasts don't leave craters, and they typically start fires. No craters are visible in footage of the burned convoy.

The Russians have thermobaric bombs, too, according to PavewayIV, but they use different particles and their blast patterns are different: either no "sparkles" or long-duration "sparkles", not the fast-duration flash as seen in the video of the Aleppo blast.

As we reported yesterday, the Russians detected a Predator drone which took off from Incirlik airbase in Syria, flew to the precise location of the convoy, arrived before the strike, stayed for a while, then left after the damage was done.

Surely just a coincidence...
    Here is the link from zerohedge but, I have put all of the story here.
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-0...llfire-missile

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (24th September 2016), Aragorn (24th September 2016), bsbray (24th September 2016), Cearna (24th September 2016), Dreamtimer (25th September 2016), Elen (24th September 2016), sandy (24th September 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts
    It's disgusting watching the parrot media here in NZ when you know the truth.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (24th September 2016), Cearna (24th September 2016), Dreamtimer (25th September 2016), Elen (24th September 2016), modwiz (24th September 2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Aianawa View Post
    It's disgusting watching the parrot media here in NZ when you know the truth.
    The English speaking nations gotta stick together against them foreigners, ya know. However, Germany knows it is the parent of all of those alphabet agencies and vomits with them. Germans surrendered their military after WWll. Not their goobermint. Japan surrendered their military, Emperor and parliament. Germans only their military. Any glance at the surrender documents would show this. JP Farrell is my source and he does not spread rumors. That is, the Nazis never surrendered, only the military. Ever hear of Project Paperclip?

Or, Project Avalon?
    Last edited by modwiz, 24th September 2016 at 08:17.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (24th September 2016), Cearna (24th September 2016), Dreamtimer (25th September 2016), Elen (24th September 2016), PurpleLama (24th September 2016)

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,318 Times in 5,067 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by modwiz View Post
    The English speaking nations gotta stick together against them foreigners, ya know. However, Germany knows it is the parent of all of those alphabet agencies and vomits with them. Germans surrendered their military after WWll. Not their goobermint. Japan surrendered their military, Emperor and parliament. Germans only their military. Any glance at the surrender documents would show this. JP Farrell is my source and he does not spread rumors. That is, the Nazis never surrendered, only the military. Ever hear of Project Paperclip?

Or, Project Avalon.
    OK modwiz...I have to admit it...you are a very funny man.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (24th September 2016), Cearna (24th September 2016), Dreamtimer (25th September 2016), modwiz (24th September 2016)