Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Benghazi Report of June 28, 2016

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,514 Times in 431 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by lcam88 View Post
    No Charges recommended by the FBI.

Not even Tony Blair was as teflon coated as this woman.
    I almost posted this a few days ago but I didn't want to be too cynical.

The only reasons these investigations were put forward was to show Washington insiders that Hillary Clinton was above the law. The general US public is too stupid to read between the lines and will swallow the official story of her being not guilty. The FBI's statement is telling. They know she is guilty but they are not going to press charges just because... Quod licet Iovi, non licet bovi i

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Novusod For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (6th July 2016), bsbray (6th July 2016), Cearna (6th July 2016), Dreamtimer (6th July 2016), Elen (5th July 2016), lcam88 (5th July 2016), modwiz (5th July 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Novusod View Post
    I almost posted this a few days ago but I didn't want to be too cynical.

The only reasons these investigations were put forward was to show Washington insiders that Hillary Clinton was above the law. The general US public is too stupid to read between the lines and will swallow the official story of her being not guilty. The FBI's statement is telling. They know she is guilty but they are not going to press charges just because... Quod licet Iovi, non licet bovi i
    Quod licet Iovi, non licet bovi.
    In English: What is permitted to Jove is not permitted to an ox.

Alas, English can never hope to capture the delightful rhyme which is, in a sense, the point of this Latin proverb. I guess we could try to say in English, "What is Jovine is not bovine." Alas, "Jovine" did not make it into the English vocabulary!

There is a nice English equivalent cited in wikipedia: "Gods may do what cattle may not."
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (6th July 2016), bsbray (6th July 2016), Cearna (6th July 2016), Dreamtimer (6th July 2016), Elen (5th July 2016), lcam88 (5th July 2016), PurpleLama (10th July 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aianawa View Post
    Typical Modwiz annoyance, Pah, throw it in my face, Pah, what to do what to do - a post of shame a run of awayness a whodeekneee or will this integrity crossroads provide moi to updress my attire, yes yes it is time to throw the jandles away, cast the work clothes aside, burn the suit ( if I had one ) symbollocky, get me a tux, white one, with unikorns and dragons emblazoned upon it, ahhhh life changing.
    To be honest, brother. I do not go for tux's and other accoutrements of modern Western formal wear and was riffing off of your own statement and pulling the tails of your tux. Anything a Rothschild would wear is anathema for me. There are far better ways to look smart. They are usually not Western though.

A tux with dragons and unicorns is not something a Rottenchild would wear so, it could work. It is good to have you with us, even in your birthday suit, towel or burlap bag.
    Last edited by modwiz, 5th July 2016 at 17:59.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (6th July 2016), bsbray (6th July 2016), Cearna (6th July 2016), Dreamtimer (6th July 2016), Elen (5th July 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,469 Times in 10,174 Posts
    Sniggers, looks bashfulllly around, ponders Nahhhhhhhhh

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (6th July 2016), bsbray (6th July 2016), Cearna (6th July 2016), Dreamtimer (6th July 2016), Elen (5th July 2016), modwiz (5th July 2016)