View Poll Results: Will the public choose to Brexit or Bremain?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Brexit

10 66.67%
  • Bremain

5 33.33%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: How will the EU Referendum go down? Will they Brexit or Bremain?

Retired Member Ireland
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,674 Times in 263 Posts
    Yeah there is still too much hate each side of the border and the brexit vote has caused so much more hate here between religions. It's ok for people to say I haven't got my priorities straight but they haven't had to live here an be evacuated from their homes a few times a week because of bomb alerts. Or had family killed, or friends that have been forced to transport unstable devices to different areas, or had snipers on the roof of their house because of a phone call threatening my whole family when we where children just because my father was a police man. I just wish people could get on here but it's going to take time.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to sarahdita85 For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (25th June 2016), Cearna (25th June 2016), Dreamtimer (26th June 2016), Elen (25th June 2016), heyokah (25th June 2016), lift the veil (25th June 2016), modwiz (25th June 2016), Woody (25th June 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,042 Times in 1,040 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by sarahdita85 View Post
    Yeah there is still too much hate each side of the border and the brexit vote has caused so much more hate here between religions. It's ok for people to say I haven't got my priorities straight but they haven't had to live here an be evacuated from their homes a few times a week because of bomb alerts. Or had family killed, or friends that have been forced to transport unstable devices to different areas, or had snipers on the roof of their house because of a phone call threatening my whole family when we where children just because my father was a police man. I just wish people could get on here but it's going to take time.
    I feel for you, as for all Irish who had had the long end of the stick for so long, I suppose we get blase' about such things elsewhere, when we here about your own problems, we only need to hear your songs to know how hard it hits. Like so many in Oz I have a mix of the UK in my blood, but things get lost with religions and politics coming to the fore, forgetting we are all the same underneath.

This was brought home to me in Israel, when I had an Arab boyfriend, and I saw the treatment metered out to him and his people, and my thoughts always went to the fact, that these were two members of the same family brought up under the same father, different mothers and promised to be looked after by God. Well I saw how brother against brother were in action, when I lived in the Mt. of Olives in an Arab area, and we had constant surveillance from jeeps with at least four soldiers with guns, outside the big blocks of apartments, never any trouble going in, but soldiers outside, at night every night the sounds of rifle shots and my boyfriend coming home with a friend saying we just got held by the police and beaten up a bit, because they were walking home from working late in the markets. This was an eye-opener to me; everywhere I visited his sisters always these jeeps going round and round the area. You went through worse, but my experience makes me feel the horrors others go through. My love to you all in Ireland.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cearna For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (25th June 2016), Dreamtimer (26th June 2016), Elen (25th June 2016), lift the veil (26th June 2016), modwiz (25th June 2016), Woody (25th June 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    It is without a doubt the worst thing that ever happened to Ireland was to embrace Catholicism. They had their own form of "primitive" Christianity and did not figure into the politics of the world where Catholics warred against the church of Henry Vlll. By joining with Rome they became the enemies of England and that is why there is a Protestant Northern Ireland. Without the political/religious division, which are one and the same, Ireland would not be torn apart today. St Patrick selling his religion to the Irish was their doom.
    Last edited by modwiz, 25th June 2016 at 03:04.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (25th June 2016), Cearna (25th June 2016), Dreamtimer (26th June 2016), Elen (25th June 2016), lift the veil (26th June 2016), Woody (25th June 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,514 Times in 431 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by modwiz View Post
    It is without a doubt the worst thing that ever happened to Ireland was to embrace Catholicism. They had their own form of "primitive" Christianity and did not figure into the politics of the world where Catholics warred against the church of Henry Vlll. By joining with Rome they became the enemies of England and that is why there is a Protestant Northern Ireland. Without the political/religious division which are one and the same, Ireland would not be torn apart today. St Patrick selling his religion to the Irish was their doom.
    This maybe a little off topic but have you heard the tale from the book: How the Irish Saved Civilization. There was a brief period in the 6th century when all of Europe basically became illiterate and Latin was nearly lost as a language after the fall of the Roman Empire. Ireland of all places was the only safe place in Europe not over run by barbarians. The only people who could read and write Latin were Irish monks of the order started by St Patrick. From these monks they reseeded Latin throughout the continent by establishing new monasteries. A thousand year later what thanks do they get but starvation and enslavement by the very people they saved.

Anyway back on topic:

Good for England in kicking the elitists in the teeth. The EU is done for as an even bigger crisis envelops France. With the way the Paris riots have been going they might not even get a chance to vote. Frexit may come though street violence rather than the voting both.
    The media is hardly even covering this.
    French cops too tired to battle protestors
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-0...ssive-protests
    Francois Hollande's three hour emergency meeting.
    http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/...ncois-Hollande
    Situation is being called dire as immense danger threatens the EU project.

Read between the lines. There is much they are not telling the public.

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Novusod For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (25th June 2016), bsbray (25th June 2016), Cearna (25th June 2016), Dreamtimer (26th June 2016), Elen (25th June 2016), lift the veil (26th June 2016), modwiz (25th June 2016), sarahdita85 (25th June 2016), Woody (25th June 2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Novusod View Post
    This maybe a little off topic but have you heard the tale from the book: How the Irish Saved Civilization. There was a brief period in the 6th century when all of Europe basically became illiterate and Latin was nearly lost as a language after the fall of the Roman Empire. Ireland of all places was the only safe place in Europe not over run by barbarians. The only people who could read and write Latin were Irish monks of the order started by St Patrick. From these monks they reseeded Latin throughout the continent by establishing new monasteries. A thousand year later what thanks do they get but starvation and enslavement by the very people they saved.

Anyway back on topic:

Good for England in kicking the elitists in the teeth. The EU is done for as an even bigger crisis envelops France. With the way the Paris riots have been going they might not even get a chance to vote. Frexit may come though street violence rather than the voting both.
    The media is hardly even covering this.
    French cops too tired to battle protestors
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-0...ssive-protests
    Francois Hollande's three hour emergency meeting.
    http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/...ncois-Hollande
    Situation is being called dire as immense danger threatens the EU project.

Read between the lines. There is much they are not telling the public.
    Equating civilization with the Catholic church and Latin sounds like quackademics to me. Something from that link:

How the Irish Saved Civilization was first published in March 1995 and appeared on the New York Times Bestseller List for almost two years.[1]

It was favourably reviewed in many general interest quality newspapers and magazines.[2] However, it also provoked a number of critiques from other reviewers, some of whom qualified or outright rejected the main thesis, and some of whom pointed out factual mistakes.[3][4] such as the misrepresented nature of the Germanic takeover of the Roman Empire.[5] Lisa M. Bitel states in her review, in The Catholic Historical Review, that Cahill takes an "essentially Gibbon-esque view" and that the book is "pure and simple, a traditional legend of saints."[3]
    Yes, misery for centuries up to the present day so that students can study a language not in popular usage. After all that study they can't even go to a mass to enjoy their efforts. I will stick to my opinion of Catholicism being the doom of Ireland.
    Last edited by modwiz, 25th June 2016 at 05:36.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (25th June 2016), Cearna (25th June 2016), Dreamtimer (26th June 2016), Elen (25th June 2016), lift the veil (26th June 2016), Woody (25th June 2016)

Retired Member Ireland
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,674 Times in 263 Posts
    That may be so, anyway I heard this morning that the EU want to make an example out of Britain by getting rid of us ASAP and not negotiating any deals. In my opinion that will start a fire and make other countries leave, I've noticed people aren't falling for the scaremongering anymore, instead they are getting angry. So I hope other countries do leave, especially if the eu is going to act like a bully that didn't get its own way. Then we can make deals with those countries haha

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sarahdita85 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    ~~~~

Out of the Refeyendum.....

I'd laugh, if it wasn't so sad

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to heyokah For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (25th June 2016), Cearna (26th June 2016), Dreamtimer (26th June 2016), lift the veil (26th June 2016), modwiz (25th June 2016), Woody (25th June 2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by heyokah View Post
    ~~~~

That was very sad and scary. She is allowed to vote. Minny and Mickey were considerations. However, the bloke filming her, sleeps with her. I do hope reliable contraception is in their game plan. That is a gene pool that does not need spreading.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (25th June 2016), Cearna (26th June 2016), Dreamtimer (26th June 2016), heyokah (25th June 2016), lift the veil (26th June 2016), Woody (25th June 2016), Zebowho (28th June 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 81,103 Times in 20,306 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by modwiz View Post
    ~~~~

That was very sad and scary. She is allowed to vote. Minny and Mickey were considerations. However, the bloke filming her, sleeps with her. I do hope reliable contraception is in their game plan. That is a gene pool that does not need spreading.

There is actually a strong suspicion among YouTube viewers that this video was staged, and there is at least some reason to believe that it was, because she's having a hard time suppressing her laugh. There's also a similar video of her arguing about why she wants her pizza cut up in 8 slices instead of 12 — i.e. "she can only eat 8 slices" — and in that video, you can see that she's trying to suppress her laughter just before the guy asks her the question.

On the other hand, if it's not a fake, then Jeremy Clarkson was right and people have indeed begun mating with vegetables.

= DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Cearna (26th June 2016), Dreamtimer (26th June 2016), heyokah (26th June 2016), lift the veil (26th June 2016), modwiz (26th June 2016), Woody (26th June 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,469 Times in 10,174 Posts
    My feeling was the public voted so overwhelmingly that the vote could not be fixed so tptW had to use plan B now in action.

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (26th June 2016), Cearna (26th June 2016), Dreamtimer (26th June 2016), Elen (26th June 2016), lift the veil (26th June 2016), modwiz (26th June 2016), Woody (26th June 2016)

(account terminated) United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,648 Times in 2,895 Posts
    For what it's worth I got the feeling the girl in the video was faking it too, because what she was saying/thinking/feeling (by body language and tone of voice and the rest) changes too abruptly between one question and the next instead of carrying forward with what she was saying, which she should have done if she really meant it. For example she'll act like she gets mad at her boyfriend laughing at her but then pretty willingly goes back into answering questions with idiotic nonsense as if she's oblivious that that's what he's laughing about. They're not convincing transitions, so it seems to me to be poor acting. If she isn't faking then she must be so out of it that she would need people to care for her on a daily basis.

Well I just watched the pizza one and it seemed more convincing. Maybe this poor girl really is that stupid.
    Last edited by bsbray, 27th June 2016 at 15:38.

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to bsbray For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (26th June 2016), Cearna (27th June 2016), Dreamtimer (27th June 2016), Elen (27th June 2016), heyokah (26th June 2016), lift the veil (27th June 2016), Woody (28th June 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,393 Times in 625 Posts
    So, now that Brexit has won, which EU country will be next to vote to EXIT? Any thoughts out there? What will ultimately happen to the EU? Is this the first domino to go? Will Europa get knocked off the bull?

Thanks to all who have participated thus far.

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to lift the veil For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (27th June 2016), bsbray (27th June 2016), Cearna (27th June 2016), Dreamtimer (27th June 2016), Elen (27th June 2016), Woody (28th June 2016)

(account terminated) United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,648 Times in 2,895 Posts
    France's largest party in the EU parliament has been the Front National since 2014, which is anti-EU. The 2014 elections were a big upset in France because this had been a small party previously. Their party leader, Marine Le Pen, has already been calling for a "FREXIT" vote. Similar calls in the Netherlands and more or less all over Europe.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bsbray For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (27th June 2016), Dreamtimer (27th June 2016), Elen (27th June 2016), Woody (28th June 2016)

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,318 Times in 5,067 Posts

Paxman in Brussels: Who Really Rules Us? Documentary 2016

This video shows clearly what the whole thing is about in Brussels. And it was made by the BBC as well, shows that things are not what they seem on a certain level. This is Paxman in Brussels for more information from the British side of things.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (27th June 2016), bsbray (28th June 2016), Cearna (28th June 2016), heyokah (30th June 2016), Woody (28th June 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,514 Times in 431 Posts
    ~~~~

The video is fake. It was posted the day after (June 24th) by disgruntled "Remain" voters as a parody of what they think Brexit voters supported. At about 2 minutes in she laughs are her own joke. FAKE.

Here is good article that gets to the real point of the issue.

The Brexit Reaction Is The Reason Brexit Happened
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-0...rexit-happened
    - Punish the UK for leaving
    - Break up the UK in another referendum
    - Veto the referendum altogether
    - Say there is too much democracy

The harsh reactions to Brexit prove just how much the UK needs to get out of this abusive relationship.
    If you think there's ever such a thing as "too much democracy," you probably never believed in it in the first place. And even low-Information voters can sense it.

The EU is a wolf in sheep's clothing pretending to be about peace and democracy when it in reality it is a dictatorship run by power hungry oligarchs and rich businessmen. When people don't do as they are told the mask comes off and they betray their true intentions.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l65_1S3qNBw

Rule Britannia!
    Britannia rule the waves!
    Britons never, never, never will be slaves!

Britons never will be slaves!

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Novusod For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (28th June 2016), bsbray (28th June 2016), modwiz (28th June 2016), Woody (28th June 2016)