View Poll Results: Will the public choose to Brexit or Bremain?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Brexit

10 66.67%
  • Bremain

5 33.33%
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: How will the EU Referendum go down? Will they Brexit or Bremain?

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,244 Times in 922 Posts
    Britain is lucky to have Farage, someone who cares what happens in the circle of bureaucracy. It is so easy for politicians to be push-overs to their constituents.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to lcam88 For This Useful Post:

bsbray (1st July 2016), Dreamtimer (1st July 2016), Elen (1st July 2016), lift the veil (4th July 2016), modwiz (1st July 2016), Novusod (1st July 2016), Wind (1st July 2016)

(account terminated) United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,648 Times in 2,895 Posts
    I've been following Farage's speeches to the EU for a while and I have a lot of respect for the guy. Every time he stands up to the EU parliament and delivers his complaints to them, he always manages to find a bull's-eye on the sensitive spots in the EU's shady activities that they never want to talk about too openly.

Here's his latest to EU, right after the Brexit vote:

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1ewRNSfyiI

That's great stuff eh?

I love it when he's saying that Europe needs to act like reasonable adults and work out fair trade deals with the UK, and it sounds like half of the place is boo'ing him. Boo'ing the idea of being reasonable adults about all of this? These are some real clowns they have working in the EU parliament. And I thought the US Congress was bad.

And I think Farage is right about how Europe will hurt themselves more than Britain if they try to snub the UK. Not only the commonwealth countries he mentions but also the US and many other countries will no doubt be eager to renegotiate trade deals with an independent UK and not have to deal with Brussels. I say let the Germans lose their jobs, if that's how the EU wants to play. Let the people of Europe see how well Brussels will represent their interests.

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to bsbray For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (1st July 2016), Cearna (3rd July 2016), Dreamtimer (1st July 2016), Elen (2nd July 2016), lcam88 (3rd July 2016), lift the veil (4th July 2016), modwiz (1st July 2016), Wind (1st July 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by bsbray View Post
    I've been following Farage's speeches to the EU for a while and I have a lot of respect for the guy. Every time he stands up to the EU parliament and delivers his complaints to them, he always manages to find a bull's-eye on the sensitive spots in the EU's shady activities that they never want to talk about too openly.

Here's his latest to EU, right after the Brexit vote:

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1ewRNSfyiI

That's great stuff eh?

I love it when he's saying that Europe needs to act like reasonable adults and work out fair trade deals with the UK, and it sounds like half of the place is boo'ing him. Boo'ing the idea of being reasonable adults about all of this? These are some real clowns they have working in the EU parliament. And I thought the US Congress was bad.

And I think Farage is right about how Europe will hurt themselves more than Britain if they try to snub the UK. Not only the commonwealth countries he mentions but also the US and many other countries will no doubt be eager to renegotiate trade deals with an independent UK and not have to deal with Brussels. I say let the Germans lose their jobs, if that's how the EU wants to play. Let the people of Europe see how well Brussels will represent their interests.
    I saw a video of him on a show where he breaks with all of the hard held narrative being promoted, where any consideration of Putin being reasonable is shouted down hysterically. They act like a mother protecting her baby. From my point of view they are quite insane or paid liars. Possibly a little of both.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (1st July 2016), bsbray (1st July 2016), Cearna (3rd July 2016), Dreamtimer (4th July 2016), Elen (2nd July 2016), lift the veil (4th July 2016), Novusod (2nd July 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 81,142 Times in 20,323 Posts

Lightbulb

Quote Originally posted by heyokah View Post
    ~~~~

Out of the Refeyendum.....

I'd laugh, if it wasn't so sad

Okay, we've all been guessing on whether this video was staged or not, so I now finally present you with the answer, albeit in the form of a couple more videos of this girl. (And there's a lot more where that came from. )

= DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

bsbray (3rd July 2016), Cearna (3rd July 2016), Dreamtimer (4th July 2016), Elen (3rd July 2016), Greenbarry (4th July 2016), lift the veil (4th July 2016), modwiz (3rd July 2016)

Thanks
    After the first one, the equivalent of an Abbot and Costello skit was just tricky on his part. The second one did require remembering it was a one story house. Second reiteration was enough for most people. I hope.
    I did not get far enough with the third to know what riddle he was posing to her next. She is not as dumb as much as he is a dick. I've had enough of this dysfunctional couple.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (3rd July 2016), bsbray (3rd July 2016), Dreamtimer (4th July 2016), Elen (3rd July 2016), lift the veil (4th July 2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by modwiz View Post
    After the first one, the equivalent of an Abbot and Costello skit was just tricky on his part. The second one did require remembering it was a one story house. Second reiteration was enough for most people. I hope.
    I did not get far enough with the third to know what riddle he was posing to her next.
    "A mother and a father have four daughters together, and each daughter has one brother. How many members are there in their household?" Her answer was "10".

She is not as dumb as much as he is a dick. I've had enough of this dysfunctional couple.
    I'm not so sure whether they would be dysfunctional. He does actually appear to love her very much, and it seems to be mutual — this, notwithstanding that she swears a lot and calls him all kinds of names when he keeps her running around in circles. There's even a video where he asks her to marry him, but even there he does it by way of a kind of riddle — I haven't watched it, though.

I would agree that she's probably not as dumb as one might suspect, although other videos do suggest that she hasn't exactly had a very good education. Maybe she has ADHD and she only hears half of the clues because her mind is constantly being flooded with other sensory input? I don't know, but she doesn't seem to mind his pranks.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

bsbray (3rd July 2016), Cearna (3rd July 2016), Dreamtimer (4th July 2016), Elen (3rd July 2016), lift the veil (4th July 2016), modwiz (3rd July 2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    "A mother and a father have four daughters together, and each daughter has one brother. How many members are there in their household?" Her answer was "10".

I'm not so sure whether they would be dysfunctional. He does actually appear to love her very much, and it seems to be mutual — this, notwithstanding that she swears a lot and calls him all kinds of names when he keeps her running around in circles. There's even a video where he asks her to marry him, but even there he does it by way of a kind of riddle — I haven't watched it, though.

I would agree that she's probably not as dumb as one might suspect, although other videos do suggest that she hasn't exactly had a very good education. Maybe she has ADHD and she only hears half of the clues because her mind is constantly being flooded with other sensory input? I don't know, but she doesn't seem to mind his pranks.
    It's funny I heard the "equation" which sounded like the answer would be 10 but, I was not expecting it to be a straight question and closed the video at that moment. Was the answer 5 ?
    I guess it could lead some to eight but, 10 is "guessing".

Perhaps they are not dysfunctional and it is just me not enjoying how they show their love to one another. It's a taste thing.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (3rd July 2016), bsbray (3rd July 2016), Cearna (3rd July 2016), Dreamtimer (4th July 2016), Elen (3rd July 2016), lift the veil (4th July 2016)

Thanks
    It's funny I heard the "equation" which sounded like the answer would be 10 but, I was not expecting it to be a straight question and closed the video at that moment. Was the answer 5 ?
    The correct answer is "seven" — father, mother, four daughters and one son.

I guess it could lead some to eight but, 10 is "guessing".
    No, she thought that for every daughter there would have been an extra brother — she counts them several times to prove her point — so two parents plus eight children equals ten.

Perhaps they are not dysfunctional and it is just me not enjoying how they show their love to one another. It's a taste thing.
    Well, it showed up in my YouTube suggestions tonight, so I checked it out to see if the "refeyendum" video was really staged or not, and I felt that I needed to share with you guys that it wasn't.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

bsbray (3rd July 2016), Cearna (3rd July 2016), Dreamtimer (4th July 2016), Elen (3rd July 2016), lift the veil (4th July 2016), modwiz (3rd July 2016)

Thanks
    The correct answer is "seven" — father, mother, four daughters and one son.

No, she thought that for every daughter there would have been an extra brother — she counts them several times to prove her point — so two parents plus eight children equals ten.

Well, it showed up in my YouTube suggestions tonight, so I checked it out to see if the "refeyendum" video was really staged or not, and I felt that I needed to share with you guys that it wasn't.
    I reread my original post and was shocked to see 10 in the first sentence. It was a typo. I did miss adding the parents. Too quick on the draw and also was disengaged. Pretty sloppy on my part. Maybe she is a long lost relative. Not quite myself today anyway. Dealing with some home issue. I'll snap out of it. I will remember to watch my posting when not all there. Gotta keep the quality up.
    Last edited by modwiz, 3rd July 2016 at 04:12.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (3rd July 2016), bsbray (3rd July 2016), Cearna (3rd July 2016), Dreamtimer (4th July 2016), Elen (3rd July 2016), lift the veil (4th July 2016)

Thanks
    I've had enough of this dysfunctional couple.
    At least they're happy. (Maybe?)

I watched him ask the pink house question twice and he does go over the "one story" part pretty fast.

Takes all kinds to make the world go round. :spinning:

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bsbray For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (4th July 2016), Dreamtimer (4th July 2016), Elen (4th July 2016), lift the veil (4th July 2016), modwiz (3rd July 2016)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Regarding Miss Refeyendum: Who's on first?

Perhaps the blond is an appropriate change.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (4th July 2016), bsbray (4th July 2016), Elen (4th July 2016), lift the veil (4th July 2016), modwiz (3rd July 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 48,695 Times in 10,223 Posts
    Hitler finds out about Britain Leaving the EU !!!

lol

No one person can ever change the truth, but the truth, once learned, can and will change the person

You must be the change you wish to see in the world when you are through changing, you are through

theonetruth forum status theonetruth facebook

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to The One For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (4th July 2016), bsbray (4th July 2016), Elen (4th July 2016), lcam88 (3rd July 2016), lift the veil (4th July 2016), modwiz (3rd July 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,393 Times in 625 Posts
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...064ca?section=

Bailing After Brexit: UK Independence Party Leader Farage Quits
    “During the referendum campaign, I said ‘I want my country back’. What I’m saying today, is, ‘I want my life back.’”

LONDON (Reuters) - The leader of Britain’s insurgent right-wing populist UK Independence Party said on Monday he was stepping down after realising his ambition to win a vote for Britain to leave the EU, punching another hole in the country’s chaotic politics.

The departure of brash former commodities trader Nigel Farage would sideline one of the most outspoken and effective anti-EU campaigners from the debate about how to sever Britain’s ties with the other 27 countries in the bloc.

But it could also give his UKIP party - which won just a single seat in parliament last year despite placing a strong third - an opportunity to select a less-polarising figure and take on the mainstream in what is likely to be a radically altered political environment.

Both of Britain’s two main political parties are in disarray following the vote to leave the EU, with the ruling Conservatives seeking a replacement for Prime Minister David Cameron and lawmakers from the main opposition Labour Party voting to withdraw confidence leader Jeremy Corbyn.

“I have never been, and I have never wanted to be, a career politician. My aim in being in politics was to get Britain out of the European Union,” Farage told reporters.

“During the referendum campaign, I said ‘I want my country back’. What I’m saying today, is, ‘I want my life back,’ and it begins right now.”

The acrimonious leadership battles in the main political parties have added to uncertainty at a time when Britain is embarking on its biggest constitutional change since the dissolution of its empire in the decades after World War Two.

The government, which failed to convince voters that a Leave vote would cause economic harm, is now racing to reduce the damage.

George Osborne, the finance minister, has abandoned his target of balancing the budget within four years and floated the idea on Sunday of a quick cut in corporate tax to 15 percent from 20 percent. The opposition Labour Party accused him of trying to turn Britain into an offshore tax haven.

NO PLAN

Britain has no firm plan for how it wants to proceed in negotiations with the EU over a future relationship. European leaders say London must choose between continuing to allow free movement of EU citizens, or expulsion from the common market.

The Leave vote has the potential to bring UKIP, an upstart party formed to campaign over the single issue of exiting the EU, into the main stream, a difficult hurdle in Britain which has no proportional representation.

UKIP candidates placed second in scores of constituencies in the last general election, challenging the Conservatives across much of southern England and contributing to an erosion of support for Labour in working class areas in the north.

This week will see the Conservatives start the process of whittling down the candidates to succeed Cameron, who has said he will leave it to his successor to withdraw from the EU.

Theresa May, a party stalwart who has run the law-and-order portfolio in the cabinet for six years, is the favourite to succeed Cameron despite having campaigned to remain in the EU. She is opposed by four other candidates, including Justice Secretary Michael Gove, a Leave campaigner who caused high political drama last week by turning against his ally, former London mayor Boris Johnson, driving him from the race.

Despite the June 23 vote for ‘Brexit’ with 52 percent support, Britain has not yet invoked Article 50 of the EU’s Lisbon Treaty to begin the formal process of breaking away.

While all of the Conservative candidates to succeed Cameron say there is no going back on the decision to leave, some anti-Brexit politicians say it is still not a foregone conclusion.

Law firm Mishcon de Reya said on Monday it had started legal action to demand the British government win legislative approval from Parliament before triggering the divorce process. Most of the 650 members of the House of Commons opposed Brexit before the vote.

“The outcome of the Referendum itself is not legally binding and for the current or future Prime Minister to invoke Article 50 without the approval of Parliament is unlawful,” Kasra Nouroozi, a partner at Mishcon de Reya, said in the statement.

It has been in correspondence with government lawyers since June 27 to seek assurances for its clients that the government will respect the sovereignty of British parliament.

On financial markets, the pound rose 0.2 percent against the dollar on Monday, while the FTSE 100 index of leading shares was flat.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lift the veil For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (4th July 2016), bsbray (4th July 2016), Elen (4th July 2016), lcam88 (4th July 2016), modwiz (4th July 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,472 Times in 10,177 Posts
    Here is a poll taken before Brexit, tptW imo well and truly knew the writing was on the wall And started preparing.

http://www.pollstation.uk/eu-referen...ou-for-voting/

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (4th July 2016), bsbray (4th July 2016), Elen (4th July 2016), modwiz (4th July 2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by The One View Post
    Hitler finds out about Britain Leaving the EU !!!
    lmao

It's true though. With the EU, Germany had a lot of influence in British affairs, and everybody else in Europe.

I've been thinking it's pretty much the 4th Reich. Just accomplished without warfare.

Quote Originally posted by lift the veil View Post
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...064ca?section=

Bailing After Brexit: UK Independence Party Leader Farage Quits
    “During the referendum campaign, I said ‘I want my country back’. What I’m saying today, is, ‘I want my life back.’”

LONDON (Reuters) - The leader of Britain’s insurgent right-wing populist UK Independence Party said on Monday he was stepping down after realising his ambition to win a vote for Britain to leave the EU, punching another hole in the country’s chaotic politics.
    NNNNNNoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.... ...

I wanted him to become PM of Britain.

This is worse than when Gandalf fell down that big hole in the first movie. I can only hope that, like Gandalf, Farage will come back later with white hair and super powers.
    Last edited by bsbray, 4th July 2016 at 22:47.

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bsbray For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (4th July 2016), Elen (5th July 2016), jimmer (4th July 2016), modwiz (4th July 2016), Wind (5th July 2016)