Thread: Thousands of aligned holes have attracted the attention of archaeologists

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,928 Times in 1,027 Posts

Thousands of aligned holes have attracted the attention of archaeologists

The mile-long arrangement of depressions is visible here in a recent image taken from a drone.

Members of the public regularly get in touch with Charles Stanish, an expert on Andean cultures at the University of California, Los Angeles. Two years ago, Stanish received a call from a man in Pittsburgh who had just seen a program claiming that aliens played a large role in the lives of ancient people. He was interested in getting Stanish’s take on a particular Peruvian site purported to be the handiwork of extraterrestrials. “I always try to be nice to people like that,” says Stanish. “For whatever reason, they are interested in the ancient past, and I share with them what archaeologists know about the subject.” In this case, the man asked Stanish what he thought about the idea of aliens constructing a strange alignment of pits, known popularly as the “Band of Holes,” in Peru’s Pisco Valley. Though he has worked in the area for more than 30 years, Stanish had never heard of the site. He and his colleague Henry Tantaleán took a look at its coordinates on Google Earth for themselves, and were surprised by satellite imagery showing that the Band of Holes is indeed a highly unusual artificial feature. It seemed to be made up of thousands of small depressions running upslope. “I’d never seen anything like it,” says Stanish. “It really seemed unique.” It was also only 10 miles from Stanish and Tantaleán’s own excavations in the nearby Chincha Valley. Intrigued, they decided to try to understand the curious site.

Together, Stanish and Tantaleán speculated as to what the Band of Holes might have been. They reasoned it could have been part of a defensive structure, or served as a marker for a trail, or might even be a geoglyph in the tradition of the nearby Nazca lines. In searching the archaeological literature, they found that the site had first been documented in 1931 by aerial photographer and geographer Robert Shippee. Since then, a few archaeologists had visited and described it as being made up of segments of shallow holes running a mile up a hill known as Monte Sierpe. The consensus seemed to be that the holes were made to store something, but exactly what remained unclear. Despite the fact that previous generations of archaeologists knew about the site, no excavations had been conducted, and no obvious artifacts had been found near the holes. There was no agreement on when it was built or by what culture. For Stanish and Tantaleán, the mystery was deepening.

In the 2015 field season, Stanish set up his team in the Chincha Valley and then drove with Tantaleán to Monte Sierpe. From below, the row upon row of holes creeping up the slope made for an imposing view. “Really, it is very impressive,” says Tantaleán. “I’d never seen anything like it in my entire career.” They quickly found a small amount of pottery dating to just before the time the Spanish invaded Peru, when the Inca ruled this part of it. There were also other signs it could be an Inca site. “I began to suspect it dated to the Inca period because at the base of the site there are tombs similar to those in the Chincha Valley that date to the time of the Incas,” says Tantaleán.

You can read the entire story at (to long to post): http://www.archaeology.org/issues/21...ed-inca-wonder

peace...

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to skywizard For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (21st June 2016), Amanda (18th June 2016), Aragorn (18th June 2016), boja (18th June 2016), bsbray (18th June 2016), Cearna (18th June 2016), Dreamtimer (18th June 2016), Elen (18th June 2016), Frances (3rd November 2016), heyokah (18th June 2016), Juniper (18th June 2016), lookbeyond (3rd November 2016), pointessa (18th June 2016), RealityCreation (6th November 2016), The One (18th June 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,320 Times in 939 Posts
    You have jogged my memory with this post - I recall seeing the above formations included in a documentary. I am sure there are answers and as with so much of our history - the answers to our questions will be contained in a hidden and secured vault somewhere.

Will try to recall where I saw the above formations and will share - should my memory give me a clue....

Much Peace - Amanda

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Amanda For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (21st June 2016), Aragorn (18th June 2016), bsbray (18th June 2016), Cearna (18th June 2016), Dreamtimer (18th June 2016), Elen (18th June 2016), lcam88 (18th June 2016), skywizard (18th June 2016), The One (18th June 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    They've found patterns and groupings in the holes and believe they could have been used for tributes. Fascinating.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (21st June 2016), Amanda (23rd June 2016), Aragorn (18th June 2016), bsbray (18th June 2016), Elen (21st June 2016), skywizard (18th June 2016), The One (18th June 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,342 Times in 313 Posts
    What if they were pits from where they dug up the needed material to make their own polymers and rock? Is that gravel the same exact composition as the mega size walls? That could be the type rock they needed for a wall somewhere and perhaps the entire mountain top missing is the rock that is super size that they made from like a super refined cement of their very own recipe long lost to us. ??? Just thoughts.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jengelen For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (21st June 2016), Amanda (23rd June 2016), Aragorn (21st June 2016), Dreamtimer (21st June 2016), Elen (21st June 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    The 'runways' are puzzling because, among other things, they don't know where the rock went that was on top. The tops were flattened but the rock isn't around. Maybe it was used...

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (21st June 2016), Amanda (23rd June 2016), Aragorn (21st June 2016), Elen (21st June 2016), Jengelen (21st June 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    It would be easier to carry many small sacks of gravel and sand to the top of the mountain. For that matter forges and what not can and are portable. I know knife makers that do that on the road in their trailer. So once the materials were there to use, its just a small matter to begin to work it in pallets or big vats probably much like we do. You know to make a big rock with some water and perhaps vinegar or some other such thing was certainly not uncommon with the Romans and they obviously had cement that could set under water even so they had to have gotten those recipes if you will, from somewhere. Lots easier to carry smaller bags and items, as opposed to trying to carry one big mega size rock up there> Its just easier to believe they molded that rock in some kind of putty mixture that slumped some before final set than it is to believe they carried up those large stones at that elevation. Seeing these pits where someone was obviously not just displacing soil but helping themselves to some one has to ask what would be the reason? Maybe the top soil is the very specific part of the mixture and to go deeper hits different rock material so they simply spread it out over the shallow surface.

Rock layers itself as it is seen in canyons so it makes sense they wanted a very specific part of the dirt layer. The only obvious answer is they made rock cement and polymers. They probably baked it too or used those giant polished gold discs we've read all about and cooked them with those! They say those things would shine like ten times better than a super great magnifying glass so its possible they set that stuff up right quick. You know when you go today to the dentist and they do a 'composite filling' on your tooth they set up that material with a light! They use a very bright intense light so bright it requires glasses to protect yourself from the rays! It takes that putty material that is soft and moldable and its set up hard as can be in seconds once you flash the light on it! Imagine that they had that ten thousand years back> then the Spaniards of course melted those discs and the technology down to nuggets losing it all!

Anyway, that is what I think they were doing. That rock had to go somewhere and I suggest to you that its still there in the shape of those stones.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jengelen For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (21st June 2016), Amanda (23rd June 2016), Dreamtimer (21st June 2016), Elen (21st June 2016), sandy (22nd June 2016), ZShawn (4th November 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    You know. The wife and myself worked in dentistry all our lives. I got to thinking more about this and the polymers or concrete thing again. The power generated in the old times I think was the sun. I think we all know they knew about chemical reactions also but they did a lot with solid gold and gold plating. With pure gold using highly refined gold polishing techniques these sun discs as described by the Spaniards did not lose any heat no matter how many discs were used to direct the heat. They moved on these pedestals up and down, left and right and could be adjusted and we know that from descriptions I've seen by priests when they took them off their pedestal stones and began melting them down.

These were not made by homo sapiens sapiens but by the ancient nearly extinct long skull beings like Forester finds and the discs were used to do a lot of the work to make using the rock easier! Ask NASA why they use gold for their glass and lenses and they'll tell you it makes a much better lens simply because its 100% all the time across the gold with no loss and the same with electricity! The power of a gold disc reflecting the sunlight would literally exceed that of a glass lens by many times over.

Now here is the kicker! They set the stone they made up from putty to semi solid to solid using these sun discs! You have seen the stones they mounted on because they are the ones with all the weird appendages no one can explain.

Today when you go to any modern dentist today and he puts a putty like polymer tooth colored filling in your tooth he sets it up with a bright bright light the same way!!! Now imagine the same thing only on a much bigger scale!! The people never moved giant boulders they simply carried up the needed bagged minerals and materials to make the polymer on spot and set it up hard using the sun discs! This just like any dentist does. Oh it would set up on its own in time if left there and it did leaving the tell tale tracks of the wheeled sun discs and forges they moved all about! That was apparently spilled over. Yeah they had wheels too I suppose and that is the evidence that someone did. Again though it was not mankind but another hominid that was bipedal and bigger than us, and had a 30% larger cranium as well as an additional cranial nerve count as compared to ours!

Today after the dentist is done the filling install and then the light shines in your mouth at the dentist the putty turns to like rock hard!! He checks your bite and adjusts it to fit and all done. You figure it out!!! This is not that much of a chemical reaction. They knew about chemical reactions because we found other evidence in the batteries! The Baghdad batteries. They knew even with that weak battery that 24 volts clear outside was still 24 volts all the way inside no matter how long the gold wire was! I imagine it would be little problem for a gold disc highly polished to melt bronze to a pool of metal too so they could just scoop out what they needed.
    Last edited by Jengelen, 2nd November 2016 at 21:24.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jengelen For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (3rd November 2016), Elen (3rd November 2016), ZShawn (4th November 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    camera lenses are an interesting thing, and the recipes for lenses are proprietary in many cases and are salted with all kinds of rare earth metals and lead and gold etc......now if a lens was just a device for focusing light according to the common idea of what light is assumed to be then the purest glass would then be the most ideal optimal media as it would not distort the photons as they passed through.....however all advanced lens design includes "impurities" which would indicate that a lens is actually a circuit and what is occurring in the lens is an electrical transformation from one format of power to another format. And that needs a conductor to help that process out, which is why the exotic recipes for lens glass

there was a lot of tin in the alto-plano which was mined and any technically advanced species which could do what we see traces of here most likely had tech far beyond what we have today..... maybe smart glass fabrication....who can say...
    tin is used in glass making, molten tin is used to make sheet glass.......so was this the purpose for all the tin mined there then since there is no abundance of tin artifacts to be found

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ZShawn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (4th November 2016), Elen (4th November 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    maybe they were looking for something that was buried under this bluff which looks like a pile of sedimentary runoff from a very long time ago.....why else dig along the top in such a uniform manner.... just tossing that idea out there

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ZShawn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (4th November 2016), Elen (4th November 2016), sandy (5th November 2016)