Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: At least two in orlando

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,685 Times in 2,094 Posts
    I understand lcam. Thanks for confirming that that is the methodology you were intending. It is way past the point of being able to give all the guns up. The same fear would be here if there had ever been a massive ownership of guns here, people would be aware and concerned that criminals still had these guns.
    In New Zealand we do have quite a few guns per capita, but the laws are very robust as I said, and no one is allowed to own a pistol except a collector or a pistol sport participant. And often those pistols get kept locked in the gun club.
    Same with assault rifles, they are not allowed. It is pretty much hunting guns only, with provisions for collectors. However, there are still loop holes and there are still undesirables with illegal guns. But our population and borders are a factor to very little gun violence. My theory would be that the guns that are in the hands of criminals cost them a lot of money and they stand to lose them by being raided by the police once they use them. So they just keep them for very important naughty business.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Elen (13th June 2016), Maggie (14th June 2016)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    I don't feel confident that a bunch of concealed carriers would be a deterrent. People love to rewrite tragedies with 20/20 hindsight showing how the tragedy 'would' have been averted if people around had been armed. It's nice in the imagination and would likely be chaos in reality.

The loudest proponents of gun rights do not support training or sometimes even registration.

People in stress often panic. Imagine shots being fired in all directions. That's a whole lot of friendly fire and collateral damage going on. Police and others have to go through extensive training to be able to safely use arms. Regular citizens aren't gonna do that, especially if they have to pay.

Dick Cheney shot a man in the face when it was just a hunting outing. No stress or sudden terror.

I don't see people thinking or speaking clearly about this. People want to be Clint Eastwood or Steve McQueen. It ain't real.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Elen (13th June 2016), enjoy being (13th June 2016), lcam88 (13th June 2016), Maggie (14th June 2016)

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,318 Times in 5,067 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    I don't feel confident that a bunch of concealed carriers would be a deterrent. People love to rewrite tragedies with 20/20 hindsight showing how the tragedy 'would' have been averted if people around had been armed. It's nice in the imagination and would likely be chaos in reality.

The loudest proponents of gun rights do not support training or sometimes even registration.

People in stress often panic. Imagine shots being fired in all directions. That's a whole lot of friendly fire and collateral damage going on. Police and others have to go through extensive training to be able to safely use arms. Regular citizens aren't gonna do that, especially if they have to pay.

Dick Cheney shot a man in the face when it was just a hunting outing. No stress or sudden terror.

I don't see people thinking or speaking clearly about this. People want to be Clint Eastwood or Steve McQueen. It ain't real.
    Well said Dreamtimer, live and let go is a good thing.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (14th June 2016), Maggie (14th June 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,469 Times in 10,174 Posts

Thanks
    Thanked 7,661 Times in 1,264 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Nothing View Post
    http://www.theguardian.com/commentis...ality#comments

A play off between Sky and Guardian news fighting it out over homophobia vs terrorism.

The archetype repeats. So, have they issued the names of those killed, and their sexuality yet? And if so, was that prior to the time of this media event?

I have always heard that people of all sexualities tend to go to gay bars because of the music, the atmosphere, and the dancing. I must have missed it, I was fully expecting to hear that say 50% were heterosexuals or something.
    The data must have been released eh. Though, it seems pretty okay and easy for people to just presume eh.
    I imagine that there were many young people of all sexual persuasions and like Paris, this will sway a demographic of the youth that terrorism (and no matter WHERE the origin, this kind of seemingly random horror instills terror and so IS terrorist) justifies the need for protection...like a big rock in the pond, these acts all touch many people and multi-generational need for secure footing.

The other day I read that "ISIS" had gathered up young women and burned them to death because they refused to be sex slaves. They were Kurdish and supposedly 100s watched. I found the story weird but it touched me emotionally and it horrified me. OH and all the publicity of Muslim sexual violence towards white women...well, that is like the Old Soouth where the KKK rose up to protect women.

WHAT????? This "burning women" sounds like a made up tale but I am taking it in with emotional disgust. So even if not true, I am being persuaded that sheer evil has been unleashed. The worst part is that I cannot comprehend this level of evil hatred and in my experience have never witnessed it.

I know it MIGHT be possible?

Orlando deaths at the hands of ISIS hatred of " freedom" of expression. Actually these terror attacks seem even more that the "reptillian" overlords are acting. They want us hating each other. People can be the "patsies" . The overlords through the brained washed "government" assassins have taken me in also.

I found myself thinking that perhaps these people should be mass murdered and I felt hatred upwelling. Then I was reminded of what my brother said after being stuck (due to his work fixing small jets) in Arab Emirates for several months. Under the thumb of the "sheets", he now thinks them them animalistic, disgusting low life tyrants with a growing hatred ..."just use a neutron bomb on the whole mid east" he said. The world will be better off.

WHAT???? Is this me thinking the same kind of violent evil??? That is not the kind of thoughts I normally subscribe towards. SO HERE IT IS....the mind alteration. Isn't that showing the campaign is successful? people arguing about "control". We feel out of control from all levels. The fruits ripening of terror always lead to begging: "GIVE me control".
    Last edited by Maggie, 13th June 2016 at 16:25.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (17th June 2016), Elen (14th June 2016)

Thanks
    Imo it is called manipulating the nooshere, staying present while receiving data is difficult, a facet of self mastery, with saturation it can be extra difficult\lt.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (14th June 2016), Elen (14th June 2016)

(account terminated)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,074 Times in 359 Posts
    Christina Grimmie
    concert in Orlando
    shot 11. Juni 2016 in Orlando, Florida

The USA a dangerous place.

don't hug your murder:

http://www.stern.de/lifestyle/leute/...n-6898520.html

13. The Following User Says Thank You to scibuster For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (14th June 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,244 Times in 922 Posts
    This belong here: http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-0...rlando-shooter

After the most recent mass shooting in Orlando, Florida — the worst in U.S. history — one might ask how the FBI was able to investigate the perpetrator, twice, without deciding to take any further action. This question is further confounded by the fact the perpetrator was, according to his wife, an abusive, unstable man suffering from bipolar disorder.

A more appropriate question would be: what is the role of the FBI in counter-terror operations? How were they not able to prevent this incident, despite “preventing” hundreds of high profile incidents prior to this?

Out of the 508 terrorism-related cases since September 11, 2001, more often than not, the FBI has had a hand in creating the very terrorist threat they have claimed to be protecting us from. Two-hundred and forty-three of these cases involved an FBI informant. In many instances, the targets of these operations, who are later accused of plotting attacks, are not only almost always Muslim, but they are also often suffering from a mental illness, such as schizophrenia. Moreover, the targets are also vulnerable and easily susceptible to bribery as they are desperate for money – so desperate, it seems, they will help put their own friends behind bars.

This can be seen most clearly in the Newburgh Four case, which saw a combination of mental illness and an urgent need for money. One of the “Four,” James Cromitie, was a former drug addict who repeatedly tried to back out, saying “I don’t want anyone to get hurt.” In the words of a U.S. Court Judge, “only the government could have made a “terrorist” out of Mr. Cromitie.”

Another defendant in the Newburgh case, Laguerre Payan, suffered from schizophrenia to the extent he kept bottles of urine in his apartment. David Williams, another of the four, had a brother who needed a liver transplant, and he was prepared to do almost anything for the money to pay for it.

The FBI chooses the most vulnerable members of society and then coaxes a relationship between the target and an “informant,” who helps instigate the terrorist activity. There is, generally speaking, no evidence the targets would have engaged in such activity had it not been for the FBI.
    I added the bold markings.

As to whether the article should be taken with more than a grain of salt? If it is misinformation, it is likely designed to muddy the facts rather than change the message, IMO.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lcam88 For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (14th June 2016), Elen (14th June 2016), enjoy being (17th June 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,514 Times in 431 Posts
    Anyone seen this video yet?

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExIhb5GEqWA

This is Omar Mateen filmed on hidden camera for a documentary on the BP oil spill. YES that really is him. He works for a company called G4S which has connections to homeland security and overall is part of the Military Industrial Complex.

The weapon he used was not an AR-15 as the media keep lying about but a SIG Sauer MCX which is not available to the general public. The weapon was designed for special forces use and can only be acquired with a government security clearance and a special license. This is a HUGE scandal. Basically tax payer money paid for his gun and his training to use it. The absurdity never ends.

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Novusod For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (17th June 2016), Elen (17th June 2016), enjoy being (17th June 2016), Innocent Warrior (23rd June 2016), lcam88 (17th June 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    That's pretty crazy. What a cynical attitude and strange conversation. At the time I heard a lot about people being kept away from clean-up areas, even reporters.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Elen (17th June 2016), enjoy being (17th June 2016), lcam88 (17th June 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,320 Times in 939 Posts
    Have not read every post within this thread but I will post a short video in the thought that it may not yet have reached those who read here.

The video is certainly thought provoking. Social media is ablaze with discussion - from all levels.

The forensic examination contained within the video is not new to me. I learned about what is mentioned in the video and it is very very very clever. I have worked in television studios when I was performing and can attest that the results are almost faultless.

I worked with a very well known comedy duo as a young woman and was totally fascinated by the concept being utilised - at that time. I have an entire new level of understanding of the concept, since entering the awakened state many years ago.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGMnb_K420c

Much Peace - Amanda
    Last edited by Elen, 18th June 2016 at 14:05. Reason: Embedded video

21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Amanda For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (18th June 2016), Elen (18th June 2016), enjoy being (18th June 2016), lcam88 (18th June 2016), Maggie (19th June 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,685 Times in 2,094 Posts
    Great find Amanda, with 20 years experience in the film industry myself, it is pretty glaringly obvious. It is amazing though that they made such a bad job of it. I never realized how clever the rear projection tech had got until seeing it used on a recent job. Rather than green screen, the classic riding in a car shots are done with large silk projection screens on 3 or 4 sides and they take footage by driving a car through a real scene with cameras on it. Say, a night scene with street lights that they pass and other ambient light. Then in the studio the footage is projected from behind the screens from projectors, and there are stage lights rigged up to mimic the street lights and they use a software algorithm that sinc the spot lights to fade on and off as the footage passes under street lights. So you can pretty much create a room of silk walls and recreate atmos of lighting and it tends to merge the levels of contrast and hides outlines. Green screen can look quite fake and you can get flare on outlines. Rear projection is likely to have that sort of lighting that can be seen reflected, and yep teleprompter looks to be being used. Though equally it could be greenscreen. My vote is rear projection. Some of the background gives itself away to, around the cars the shadows are over contrasted which is a sign of still image copy reduction. Meaning a photo of a photo of a shadow gets blacker. Rear projection can help as it illuminates like a slideshow. But in that area where the cars are parked on the road, it is also too static, and that is shown by having too great a depth of field for video. Meaning there is too much detail sharpness, even while panning. They were so worried about matching the lighting the didn't notice the reflections in her glasses? Daylight with tv lights would not make such a contrasted outline of the lights, they are showing lights in a dark studio.
    Last edited by enjoy being, 18th June 2016 at 13:45.

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Amanda (19th June 2016), Dreamtimer (18th June 2016), Elen (18th June 2016), lcam88 (18th June 2016), Maggie (19th June 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,244 Times in 922 Posts
    Wow!

Looking at the footage, there is another anomaly that is worth pointing out at about 3:23.

These days, video is shot with a digital camera; one problem digital cameras have that traditional film cameras do such a great job of, is capturing background detail. A small f-factor in well lit-up scenes and you almost don't lose any details in the background when shooting with traditional film. Digital cameras are "shallower" in that they start losing detail more quickly; they have a narrower "band" of focus where details appear more clearly.

Yet you will notice at about 3:23 in the youtube, that detail of the house and trees is still quite sharp. Unusual for footage shot with focus on a near subject (the two faces) in this digital age. You can even make out the letter in the black sign over on the left. Clearly the background was shot with a different point of focus than the faces. That supports the green-screen hypothesis.

For reference about this "depth" issue in photography, you may watch a television sitcom... notice the outdoor scenes almost always never capture background details when focus is a closeup on the actors. If you watch an older film, say T2, you will notice that even with relative closeups, background detail is still present. That is a measure of how much better traditional film is with regards to "depth".

PS, maybe this slightly overlaps with the ideas Nothing is sharing. I'm not quite sure.

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lcam88 For This Useful Post:

Amanda (19th June 2016), Dreamtimer (21st June 2016), Elen (18th June 2016), Maggie (19th June 2016)

Thanks
    Missed lots of info regarding Orlando silliness but just got back on FB and see early truths now coming out and being conspiracy theoried now lol.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (21st June 2016), Elen (21st June 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,661 Times in 1,264 Posts
    This belongs here. I like both Alexis Brooks and Sean Stone...
    The Orlando Tragedies and the Metaphysical “Wake Up Call” with Sean Stone

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6O84XtYkVM

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd June 2016), Dreamtimer (22nd June 2016)