Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: [Bunk] Parallel Universe: The Mandela Effect

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,514 Times in 431 Posts
    A very large shift just happened.

The actress named Sally Fields is now named Sally Field (with no 's') and her acceptance speech at 1984 Oscars has changed. Sally fields' quote "You like me, you really like me" has been a national catch phrase for over 30 years. People repeat so often it is not even a parody anymore it is just part of the culture. This well known phrase "You like me, you really like me" has changed. It has shifted to "You like me, right now you like me."

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCnPEwvtwmY

There is no use denying it anymore. The Mandela effect is just going to keep getting bigger and bigger until it slaps you in the face. Your world is changing right before your very eyes.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Novusod For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (16th July 2016), Cearna (4th July 2016), Dreamtimer (3rd July 2016), Elen (4th July 2016), Jengelen (16th July 2016)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,661 Times in 1,264 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Novusod View Post
    A very large shift just happened.

There is no use denying it anymore. The Mandela effect is just going to keep getting bigger and bigger until it slaps you in the face. Your world is changing right before your very eyes.
    With deep respect, please help me understand the "point" you see of all these media type changes in terms of "world is changing right before your very eyes"?
    For some reason, as much as I think I am a woowoo queen, these all the evidence presented seems trivial and on the level of advertisement type meaningful-ness.
    MY world IS changing actually.

One thing is that I am OFTEN finding that just what I need for the moment is literally right at hand.
    My expectations are so often coming true. This makes it really important that I expect the best.
    Many many of my friends are getting ill or having accidents but I am using my imagination to keep my body balanced.
    In many cases,I am using my imagination to dissolve what feels like stuff that is not mine. I feel all this happening.
    Time is speeding so fast that I have not even put my winter clothes away and it is summer here.
    Time is speeding so fast that the time I am spending on this post may consume most of the day (hehe).

IF what you reference has anything to do with MY changing reality, I just cannot put it together.
    What I am putting together is that now MORE than ever, there is major distraction streaming in form the internet.
    Having been involved in forums for a few years, all I see is re-cycled. It has no traction at all....just sliding commentary on the same level of mind.

You have posted great stuff so I appreciate it.
    THIS stuff is just so very dull and like the plane-et flatters, seems like massive mind screw...as in "get the people who are seeking to literally alter significant aspects of experience arguing over nothing and keep proliferating nothing to argue about until they all just die off.
    I hope I can actually follow through and get time management happening.
    I am feeling the call for a significant cut off of the internet. Yet, I am quite an addict and think I may have to just shut down the home wifi. Maggie
    Last edited by Maggie, 5th July 2016 at 05:29.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (16th July 2016), Aragorn (5th July 2016), Dreamtimer (5th July 2016), Elen (5th July 2016), modwiz (5th July 2016), Novusod (5th July 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Maggie, for those times you want to turn it on and peek in, please come here. You always have passion and substance when you post and it's great to have you here.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (16th July 2016), Aragorn (5th July 2016), Cearna (18th July 2016), Elen (5th July 2016), Jengelen (16th July 2016), Maggie (6th July 2016), modwiz (5th July 2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    Maggie, for those times you want to turn it on and peek in, please come here. You always have passion and substance when you post and it's great to have you here.
    Thanks Dreamtimer!!
    I am still here unless this is a parallel Universe...then I am there.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=/wmyw0UsLYPw

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (16th July 2016), Aragorn (5th July 2016), Cearna (18th July 2016), Dreamtimer (6th July 2016), Elen (5th July 2016), Jengelen (16th July 2016), modwiz (5th July 2016), Novusod (15th July 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Maggie View Post
    With deep respect, please help me understand the "point" you see of all these media type changes in terms of "world is changing right before your very eyes"?
    For some reason, as much as I think I am a woowoo queen, these all the evidence presented seems trivial and on the level of advertisement type meaningful-ness.
    MY world IS changing actually.

One thing is that I am OFTEN finding that just what I need for the moment is literally right at hand.
    My expectations are so often coming true. This makes it really important that I expect the best.
    Many many of my friends are getting ill or having accidents but I am using my imagination to keep my body balanced.
    In many cases,I am using my imagination to dissolve what feels like stuff that is not mine. I feel all this happening.
    Time is speeding so fast that I have not even put my winter clothes away and it is summer here.
    Time is speeding so fast that the time I am spending on this post may consume most of the day (hehe).

IF what you reference has anything to do with MY changing reality, I just cannot put it together.
    What I am putting together is that now MORE than ever, there is major distraction streaming in form the internet.
    Having been involved in forums for a few years, all I see is re-cycled. It has no traction at all....just sliding commentary on the same level of mind.

You have posted great stuff so I appreciate it.
    THIS stuff is just so very dull and like the plane-et flatters, seems like massive mind screw...as in "get the people who are seeking to literally alter significant aspects of experience arguing over nothing and keep proliferating nothing to argue about until they all just die off.
    I hope I can actually follow through and get time management happening.
    I am feeling the call for a significant cut off of the internet. Yet, I am quite an addict and think I may have to just shut down the home wifi. Maggie
    If you want personal examples how about this. Part of the reason I don't construct proper arguments is there is just no time. Things are changing so quickly for me it is hard to keep up. I notice a dozen shifts a day but only take the time to report on the most significant ones. Often times I will start writing a post and then I will notice that half the day has gone by. When I get up in the morning I go to check a few things and suddenly it is time to go back to bed again. Time is moving so fast the days don't even seem real anymore. I often miss meals because I think it is earlier than it really is. I think it can't be time for dinner already I just ate and then it 10pm or later. Very spooky. I know exactly what you are talking about with not putting your winter clothes away. I can't believe it is July already. It feels like Christmas was just a few weeks ago. Why bother with Spring cleaning when the snow will be falling again before you know it.

Even before learning about the Mandela effect from YouTube I was aware of these odd time warps.

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Novusod For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (16th July 2016), Aragorn (6th July 2016), Cearna (18th July 2016), Dreamtimer (6th July 2016), Elen (5th July 2016), Jengelen (16th July 2016), Maggie (6th July 2016), modwiz (5th July 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Now here a BIG one concerning the Wizard of Oz.

Remember that time the Scarecrow pulled out a gun and fired a bullet at Dorothy by accident? If you don't remember that scene then you are probably experiencing the Mandela effect.

From my memory it was an oil can not a gun. Also the gun itself looks really weird. I have watched the clip a couple times and it seem to shift back and forth between a gun and oil can. What do you guys remember.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYGFED-XGBM

Also Dorothy's line: "I don't think we are in Kansas anymore Toto" has changed to I have a feeling we are not in Kansas anymore.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcD9yZLPP9g

Also the dog's name. Is it Toto or Todo? Does it really even matter anymore.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Novusod For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (16th July 2016), Aragorn (16th July 2016), Cearna (18th July 2016), Dreamtimer (16th July 2016), Elen (16th July 2016), Jengelen (16th July 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,342 Times in 313 Posts
    I recall sitting down and reading in the news paper that Bernadette Peters died at a restaurant choking on food she was eating and this was circa 1980 right after the Jerk aired.

Its always been "MIRROR MIRROR ON THE WALL" in my memory not "MAGIC MIRROR ON THE WALL" as it is today on this time line.

Numerous people including my own son have memories of us together I do not share. My wife and I look at each other with great puzzlement sometimes at things my youngest brother recalls also! Too much to get into but none of it happened in our memory and if so not the way depicted.

In Star Wars the line I recall was "Luke, I am your father" but apparently its "NO! I am your father" in the original and apparently C3PO has a silver leg and foot on the right from the knee down which I don't recall as I would have sworn he was all gold or brass like color.

I also have memory of Mandela dying in prison in the 80s and reading of that and seeing about it on the TV. I recalled a high school biology teacher dying right after my father died and yet he lived on and died just recently somehow even though I recall not only going to his funeral but discussing with his daughter our childhood. His daughter Pat, graduated high school with me and has no memory of us ever meeting since we graduated unlike my memory. In my memory also Pat was a semi-pro golfer but in this time line she is a teacher like her dad! This last one has bugged me since my 25 year high school reunion some many years back now at this writing!

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jengelen For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (16th July 2016), Aragorn (16th July 2016), Cearna (18th July 2016), Dreamtimer (16th July 2016), Elen (16th July 2016), Maggie (16th July 2016), Novusod (16th July 2016)

Thanks
    Jengelen, those are big changes. I personally don't know how to tell the difference from my own memory being inaccurate and a possible Mandela Effect. I've certainly caught myself conflating events and recalling the wrong person saying something. But I haven't had such profound differences of memory and experience as what you've described.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (16th July 2016), Aragorn (16th July 2016), Cearna (18th July 2016), Elen (16th July 2016), Jengelen (16th July 2016), Maggie (16th July 2016), Novusod (16th July 2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Jengelen View Post
    Numerous people including my own son have memories of us together I do not share. My wife and I look at each other with great puzzlement sometimes at things my youngest brother recalls also! Too much to get into but none of it happened in our memory and if so not the way depicted.
    This statement is very true for me!!!!!

I am interested in time line changes and still cannot understand the significance of the pop culture refereces. One reason is that many referenced seem the "same" in my memory, many NOT at all in memory, some "different". The ability to gauge these collective memeries is also dependent on being part of the culture. Children keep one up to date on what is collectively interesting as IMO kids drive the newest fashions.

But this difference in memory is really showing up. One isolated example is that my two brothers are married. One brother's wife is convinced that my other brother hates her and ridicules her and is a horrible person. I have never seen this evidence from my brother in question? I have no memory of anything happening in the presence of the both of them that looked mean?

And one weird example, I was involved in putting on a performance a few years ago. The other person involved, Barry and I developed differences of opinion. The production was "mine" as it was financed by my money. So, I always just vetoed him and ignored his tirades (knowing that I was in control). At one moment, apparently, according to witnesses, he was in my face yelling at me? But the fact is for ME, that never happened. I was not on drugs of any kind but I was in a separate reality from Barry.

You touched on an aspect that is really interesting. Also, having NO memory. That was true for me of most of my life.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (16th July 2016), Cearna (18th July 2016), Dreamtimer (16th July 2016), Elen (16th July 2016), Jengelen (16th July 2016)

Thanks
    It's mind boggling to think of the possible timelines. All things are possible so there would be timelines that are very different and others that are so similar it's hard to distinguish. Perhaps the very similar ones overlap and some of us cross over in some way.

There's also the puzzle of using dreaming and other methods of exploring existence outside of the constraints of time and space. If one has been spending time exploring the possibilities, there could possibly be confusion over what was seen. Was it in physical, time-bound life or in another experience of reality and its possibilities?

I do find that many people I know seem to have utterly forgotten things they said/did or even positions they held on issues. I think they just don't want to be responsible.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (16th July 2016), Cearna (18th July 2016), Elen (16th July 2016), Jengelen (16th July 2016), Maggie (16th July 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,342 Times in 313 Posts
    Jengelen, those are big changes. I personally don't know how to tell the difference from my own memory being inaccurate and a possible Mandela Effect. I've certainly caught myself conflating events and recalling the wrong person saying something. But I haven't had such profound differences of memory and experience as what you've described.
    I've thought much about it. In 2002 I was driving my Pinzgauer 710M from Brownsville, TN to Oklahoma and during that trip I had plans to stay at a friends place in Oark, AR. (Not Ozark, but Oark and very tiny little town) and to get to my friends I had to cross the Little Mulberry River. Little did I know that my friend had tried to call me several times but this was before I had a really good cell phone and the one I had had limited range. I went in like normal and saw that it was high, the river I mean. I drove across in four wheel low in second gear and the headlights did disappear a couple times but its x Swiss Army truck very high up that was a ten man troop carrier so its very capable and I did get across but half way across lightning struck right in front or on me I never knew which! It was raining and like I said my friend had tried to call to warn me that the river was up to 4'2" and so don't try to cross in the Pinz! I didn't get the message and the Pinz didn't stutter or so much as have an issue getting across to both my friends dismay and displeasure at how I did this. But I have to say the terrain changed from that I knew to something else after the flash because I could see the gate ahead of me and I swore it was more to the left after the flash.

I've always wondered if I died or crossed through something at that time because after this great life changes took place not just in me physically who was now 180 pounds in his undies and used to be 215lbs, who used to drink a lot of Bush beer but who doesn't even have a taste for it now and I haven't had a drop of alcohol since that river crossing in 02! Yet I could drink more than any three people you could name before that! I also had all this knowledge out of no where in a field I never worked in before and moved from dentistry to another field and then became somewhat of an expert in that field and I still don't know how I knew the things or still know the things I do know about this other industry and inner workings, how to's and technical know how I should not really know!

Yet people rely on me for my expertise even so much as the manufactures of a product I know so much about that when they get in over their head with one they at times refer to me and really even as I read some of my statements about these things I wonder where it came from because I worked in dental all life. That was it for both of us the wife too! She is still a dentist. I don't do anything with it and have no desire to go there anymore. The other thing is that although the wife and I are close, since that time in 02 was the last time this couple has been intimate. Its like even she knows unconscious of why, that something is the same but yet different about me now compared to the guy she married. We talk about that and can about agree on the time this change took place so we both recognize it.

I rely on her to tell me how I was, to fill me in on things I simply don't know about even in my own family at times but its rare and subtle things. Some of which she disagrees with but we both have that one thing we had before, communication and we do that well however we have no real interest in each other other than a room mate type thing now even having given each other a hall pass. Neither of us has done anything with anyone else but again we recognize that in 02 something happened. I have since wondered about the effects of water and electricity for many hours after that evening crossing that river I guess I should never survived getting across. I mean 50" deep running river is a lot of water even for the Pinz yet here I am. For all I know all this is a dream and I died that evening but I really can't prove it.

The guy in 02 had one cat and two dogs. The guy today has 15 cats and no dogs! Most everyone that knows me from back then knew I didn't even really like cats, it was the wife that had the cat! Anyway, when people started talking about other things like this it was a relief in some ways because I had some weird deal happen that evening and there is still more to it I haven't even added it was such a strange day!

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jengelen For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (16th July 2016), Cearna (18th July 2016), Elen (16th July 2016), Maggie (16th July 2016), Novusod (16th July 2016)

Thanks

Also Dorothy's line: "I don't think we are in Kansas anymore Toto" has changed to I have a feeling we are not in Kansas anymore.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcD9yZLPP9g

Also the dog's name. Is it Toto or Todo? Does it really even matter anymore.
    well, there are still multiple choices

From the 1939 film The Wizard of Oz in which Dorothy states "Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore."
    we're not in Kansas anymore - Wiktionary
    https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/not_i...moreWiktionary
    OK, so THIS version has a larger irony than "I think" IMO.

Do I want irony, paradox, lack of certain endings, lack of concrete explication in my time libne?
    Yes, so I guess that the only reason this melange of cultural uncertainty CAN exo=ist is by my own choice? OHHHH Hahahahah....
    Thanks for persisting with the references untio i "Got it." Love, M

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Cearna (18th July 2016), Elen (16th July 2016), Jengelen (16th July 2016)

Thanks
    It's mind boggling to think of the possible timelines. All things are possible so there would be timelines that are very different and others that are so similar it's hard to distinguish. Perhaps the very similar ones overlap and some of us cross over in some way.

There's also the puzzle of using dreaming and other methods of exploring existence outside of the constraints of time and space. If one has been spending time exploring the possibilities, there could possibly be confusion over what was seen. Was it in physical, time-bound life or in another experience of reality and its possibilities?

I do find that many people I know seem to have utterly forgotten things they said/did or even positions they held on issues. I think they just don't want to be responsible.
    OK, so if we grabbed on to a belief early on, stuck to it, kept faith with our response-ability and just KNEW more than doubt "That path", would that carve a time line that kept deepening? Would we keep seeing affirmations that kept us on a trail. I think so.

Then unfortunately, if that trail was not very "good" for us, wouldn't it be important that we get flipped out of the groove? It would be a very big shake out if the grooves were DEEP.

That is what seems to me.....

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=/NDq36YD1ESM

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Cearna (18th July 2016), Elen (16th July 2016), Jengelen (16th July 2016)

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,318 Times in 5,067 Posts
    Now here a BIG one concerning the Wizard of Oz.

Remember that time the Scarecrow pulled out a gun and fired a bullet at Dorothy by accident? If you don't remember that scene then you are probably experiencing the Mandela effect.
    I had to good look at the movie from my collection. It's from a 1990 edition and has indeed the gun in it. It's very unassuming as it's only on for a short time when the lion also had another tool, so it is in the movie for sure, although we may not remember it, because of the shortness of it. It never showed Dorothy being shot though.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (16th July 2016), Cearna (18th July 2016), Maggie (16th July 2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Elen View Post
    I had to good look at the movie from my collection. It's from a 1990 edition and has indeed the gun in it. It's very unassuming as it's only on for a short time when the lion also had another tool, so it is in the movie for sure, although we may not remember it, because of the shortness of it. It never showed Dorothy being shot though.
    I don't think a gun was in the book.
    Is it really a "mandela" effect just because someone took a story and changed details. That is one issue (this confusion about WHY a change happened in collective memory. Was it really timeline change or was a simple variation on a story inserted in a later telling) that will cloud the understanding.

If this is helping us with the way collective memory is shaped by versions...that is a separate issue. It ties into how alt community "researchers" take information and twist it and then declare it the truth. The integrity of Frank Baum's story would be important IMO as he wrote it. This ties in to all twisting of source material.

The meme is an insertion INTO collective memory. The mandela effect is itself a meme. Memes like "Don't go to the Light" when you die get inserted by authorities we accept. That particular one was first seen in my reality when JZ Knight used it in the last century. The latest unveiling of the SP apocalypse should have us question all he inserted IMO.

Since none of us here have died permanently (maybe some NDEs but came back), we might get really terribly confused by the fear of "going to the light". Since to my knowledge we will all die in the next 100 years or so, this is important confusing of the mind displayed.

The idea that there is a passage out to be taken (or refused) could hang up a smooth transition. The SOURCE materials that have come from the lineage IMO of the deep truth say we might WANT to quickly follow the light and not get stretched in the bardo?

So we need to learn to forget some ideas we have been shown IMO. Do some ideas make sense in the context of their meaning? The idea that the scarecrow would have had a gun makes no sense to me as he was a strawman. The tinman had the oil can.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (16th July 2016), Cearna (18th July 2016), Elen (16th July 2016)