Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: [Bunk] Parallel Universe: The Mandela Effect

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,690 Times in 607 Posts
    Novusod, I'm also not quite 'getting' the logic of the evidence you're using?
    With the Snow White example, if you showed me the same edition of say, the Disney movie, identical and produced/released at the same time, from the same batch, and they had such dissimilarities, that would be evidence. But to compare Disney's Snow White and Shrek's parody: these are two different creative works, not even from the same time period, so what law says they have to use the same words?
    Do you see what I mean?

Also, alternate reality, parallel reality and parallel universe are being bandied about here - but they don't mean/infer the same thing...and then there are concepts of parallel dimensions.

The Mandela Effect may be well established evidentially, but as said earlier in this thread, if that is so, it could just as easily imply (or be used as proof that) cracks are appearing in the seamlessness of a simulation-based reality as they might imply the existence of alternate/parallel realities and/or universes.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Joanna For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (11th June 2016), bsbray (11th June 2016), Dreamtimer (11th June 2016), Elen (11th June 2016), Maggie (11th June 2016), RealityCreation (22nd July 2016)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,661 Times in 1,264 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Novusod View Post
    The queen says "[COLOR="#FF0000"]These two videos should not exist in the same reality. The videos shouldn't contradict each other. They should both say "Mirror, Mirror" or both say "Magic Mirror." One video is from reality "A" and the other is from reality "B." This is proof of reality residue. Same thing goes with the book contradicting the movie version. The book and the movie should be the same BUT they are not. This is what makes the Mandela effect real.

If the Mandela effect surprises you how much traction it gained then you need to dig deeper. What I gather from your own words is you are experiencing it. You just haven't realized it yet.
    Disney is known for taking known fairy tales and giving a different spin in many ways. I don't understand how this proves changed time lines?
    I don't see proof in these particular examples as IMO they could be just literary alteration?

But I have my own personal book deletions from my past. I distinctly recall some favored childhood books that may never have existed? One was called the "Lollipop Lion" It had to do with animal lollipops that could be stuck in a flower pot and then would change into the different animals. The story was of the misadventures of the lollipop lion.

I also have memories that may not have happened. Such is the imagination.

Really, IF this is what changing timeline bleed through looks like..., OK! But it sure looks like a bunch of nothing important.
    Much of the alt community focus looks that way. Sorry, just IMO.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (11th June 2016), bsbray (11th June 2016), Dreamtimer (11th June 2016), Elen (11th June 2016), Joanna (11th June 2016), RealityCreation (22nd July 2016)

(account terminated) United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,648 Times in 2,895 Posts
    bsbray I don't think your critique is a valid one.

One misplaced thing is an anomaly
    Two is a coincidence
    Three is a trend

You can't dismiss these points on the frailty of human memory because there is physical evidence or "reality residue" of the Mandela effect occurring. It is not just people's memories and imaginations. It is really happening and can't be dismissed.
    Here's another example of this: when Neil Armstrong stepped out on the Moon (taking that for granted), what he said was not, as it's popularly portrayed, "That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind." But what he really said was "That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind."

Like I said, this is not evidence that excludes other possibilities, like that people are just not remembering or interpreting what they hear correctly.

It is not just the memory that's fallible, but the whole way the brain processes what's coming into it. The two horizontal lines in this image are actually 100% straight and parallel to each other:

But because of the way your brain interprets what your eyes are seeing, those two horizontal lines look like they curve around the center point. This is an example of the fact that the human brain does not always interpret sensory input in a realistic way. There are lots of different examples of the brain misrepresenting colors, positions of objects, or even somehow not being able to see things that are right in front of them until they are pointed out by others.

The same is true for at least two other senses besides sight: hearing and touch. The brain matches the sounds it hears to familiar patterns, especially in the case of language, and when you listen to someone talk you are not actually processing every single word.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Czvgf-Xc-A4

I doubt you'll watch the whole 10 min video above, but anyway here's a shorter video with more interesting but less relevant examples of audio illusions:

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzo45hWXRWU

Forrest Gump proof (physical evidence only)
    - Video from 5 years ago miss-titled with the old quote "Life IS like a box of chocolates"
    - DvD box art being wrong
    - Weird Al's gump parody also being wrong

Snow White quote
    - Disney book from 1973 with the wrong quote "Mirror, mirror"
    - Star-Trek episode called "Mirror, mirror" as a homage to Disney movie but it is wrong
    - Shrek movie saying "Mirror, mirror"
    - Live action movie staring Julia Roberts called "Mirror, mirror."
    (That is 4 physical evidences)

Star Wars Empire Strikes back "No I am your father."
    - Simpson's parody gets it wrong
    - James Earl Jones gets it wrong in an interview
    - Robot Chicken parody gets it wrong. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgbkN9vb__8
    * Other parodies get it wrong as well
    I think it's probably not a coincidence that all three of these examples involve movie characters that are using altered voices and/or an unusual rhythm and inflection in their voice. The Queen in Snow White is speaking rhyming poetic lines in a dramatic manner, Tom Hanks has an artificial southern accent playing a mentally challenged man in Forest Gump, and Darth Vader has an obviously altered voice as well. In the Neil Armstrong example I mentioned above, his voice was also very clouded by static in the transmission, with unusual acoustics, and was not a natural human voice. Combine that with how the brain hears things, how it remembers (or rather paraphrases) speech that it heard previously, and it is not at all surprising that things sometimes don't go into or come out of the brain accurately.

bsbray, there is a point where healthy skepticism turns into denial. Now I have given three instances of Mandela effect that are backed up in triplicate with physical evidence. YES, physical evidence.
    You're not getting my point. What you posted is 100% just as much evidence for what I'm saying it means, as it is for what you're saying that it means. Your explanation for this stuff in no way rebuffs an alternate explanation like the one I'm making. In others you have not actually proven anything, because you have not excluded other possibilities.

To use your headphone example; lets say you woke up one morning and not only were your headphones destroyed but your shoes and wallet were chewed up as well. You let this slide for one week and then let it happened again. You blew it off a second time and it happened a third time on the following week. In total you lost 3 sets of headphones, 3 pairs of shoes, and 3 wallets. Would you still believe the nonsense about the cat doing it or would you finally put your foot down and do something about that dog destroying your stuff.

Or maybe you are just in denial because you love your dog so much you don't care that he is destroying your things.
    So basically you are saying that I don't want to believe that realities are shifting and so I'm in denial of your evidence. I really suspect that you didn't real my full post because most of it was talking about how I do in fact play with the idea of there being parallel realities that are possible to experience. If I was in denial about the whole idea of all of this then I wouldn't have posted that stuff, would I?

The Mandela Effect is real and cannot be debunked
    I don't think debunking would even apply in this case because there is nothing to debunk. Trying to disprove the idea would be trying to prove a negative, which is generally not possible. That would be like trying to disprove that I won't die at the age of 97. No one has proven that I'll die at that age in the first place, any more than they've proven that I'll die next year or at any other age. The same is true with the explanation that you are arguing, about realities shifting being proven by these movies. It doesn't exclude other possibilities, like just bad recall. I know you say that 'can't be' what it is, but I don't see any actual reason why not.

Quote Originally posted by Joanna View Post
    The Mandela Effect may be well established evidentially, but as said earlier in this thread, if that is so, it could just as easily imply (or be used as proof that) cracks are appearing in the seamlessness of a simulation-based reality as they might imply the existence of alternate/parallel realities and/or universes.
    Good point, Joanna. I missed that earlier in the thread. So there's a third possible explanation that we also can't exclude.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bsbray For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (11th June 2016), DNA (14th June 2016), Dreamtimer (11th June 2016), Elen (11th June 2016), Joanna (11th June 2016), Maggie (11th June 2016)

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,318 Times in 5,067 Posts
    This was posted on PA today, and since it seems to be pertinent to this thread, I'll throw it in the mix:

Approximately two weeks ago a girl called me that I never knew. She told me I walked up to her gave her my phone number with my name on it.

Let me tell you why this is impossible with classical physics. I go to a dorm school called Dayton Job cors, and since I am a minor I cannot leave the campus monday through friday unlesswe are going on special trips. She called me and told me I gave her my number at walmart I asked her to describe me did perfectly!!

She said I was with a man and he called me back as if I walked away and he was ready to leave or something.

She tells me shes from somewhere in the UK and she just moved here recently two years ago. She was down here in Dayton Ohio at Walmart with family picking something up for her grandparents that lived down there and that I came up to her started talking and gave her a piece of paper with my.name and number.

I never remember doing this at all, it was physically impossible for me to do this based on the circumstances in which i i live under and where im.at i cant leave to do that even if I tried and especially not on that day and if I did i would of remembered.

So she tells me more about this that the only reason she called was because her girlfriend wanted to see if it was a joke or not mind you i am thinking the same thing, she tells me that i really did this and she called me to see if I was serious shes around my age lives in Columbus and apparently i went up to her and gave her my number and name because she called me and said is this Jayren and on my Facebook page it doesnt have my real name but it does have my number so even if she got my.number off of there she couldn't have known my name!!!!

What did I do? I'm thinking that I unlocked some power inside me that i unconsciously control to do these ridiculous things. Maybe a test of power? What is it and what is it called when you go to these placeds and do these things you cant remember but people remember you doing them. What is it called?

Whatever it is called I did, i told her all about it and she said that i did seem pretty "high" to get a girl like that to calll me my confidence did have to be pretty high as well. I believe I did do something but I cannot put my finger on it quite yet. Before that time I was having strange dreams and a lot of divinty going on within me and lots of questioniong as usual so when that happened it did not suprise me it just hit me as the first metaphysical thing i've done with proof.
    The thread is here:

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1073973

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (11th June 2016), Aragorn (11th June 2016), bsbray (11th June 2016), DNA (14th June 2016), Dreamtimer (11th June 2016), Joanna (14th June 2016), Maggie (11th June 2016)

Thanks
    on my Facebook page it doesnt have my real name but it does have my number so even if she got my.number off of there she couldn't have known my name!!!!
    Even before I read this part I was wondering how much info she put about herself on her Facebook page.

She might not have put her own name on her page but how much do you want to bet one of her friends did in the comments or whatever they call those posts on Facebook.
    Last edited by bsbray, 11th June 2016 at 16:13.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to bsbray For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (11th June 2016), Aragorn (11th June 2016), DNA (14th June 2016), Dreamtimer (11th June 2016), Elen (11th June 2016), Joanna (14th June 2016), Maggie (11th June 2016)

(account terminated)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,074 Times in 359 Posts
    I also put no real name on my facebook.
    But a part of my TOT name.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to scibuster For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (11th June 2016), bsbray (11th June 2016), DNA (14th June 2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by bsbray View Post
    Even before I read this part I was wondering how much info she put about herself on her Facebook page.

She might not have put her own name on her page but how much do you want to bet one of her friends did in the comments or whatever they call those posts on Facebook.
    I read that post and it was very interesting and I do embrace bilocation, altering time lines and the time travel...all of what has been TRIVIALIZED in the Mandela effect. Padre Pio and the "Lady in Blue" come to mind as recorded to bilocate.

Unfortunately, I think if there is a collective controversy, it would primarily lie along the fault lines of reason. Skeptics have a very BAD reputation as people think that being skeptical is like being closed minded and denotes one who would act like a Troll. However IMO a skeptic is just in the middle between belief and nonbelief and is looking for the way to explain what seems impossible or unlikely. In the case of the Mandela effect, I am looking for evidence that is strong.

I think that the edge of explainable is fertile. I call it "woowoo" because it has a jubilant sound and it has a provenance of "put finger to ear and rotate it" which IMO is important in human expansion. This DEFINITELY needs to be balanced by logical consideration or (excuse me Flat Erath society) IMO the proponent falls off the edge of sanity and gives his cohorts the reputation of being stupid.

Lately I have been looking at street magicians. Some performances are traditional tricks, some variations but SOME have seemingly no logical explanations.
    I am in love with the meme of "Keep the mind open but don't let the brains fall out".

1. The Believer response:
    "These possibilities do exist so everything that might point to changed timelines proves it."

2. NON Believer response"I know there are alternative explanations so these PROVE timelines cannot be changed."

3. The Skeptic per wiki

"Skepticism or scepticism (see spelling differences) is generally any questioning attitude towards unempirical knowledge or opinions/beliefs stated as facts, or doubt regarding claims that are taken for granted elsewhere."

Isn't that definition grand as it includes the refusal to take ANYTHING at face value, cultural norms or paranorms.

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (11th June 2016), Aragorn (11th June 2016), bsbray (11th June 2016), DNA (14th June 2016), Dreamtimer (11th June 2016), Elen (11th June 2016), enjoy being (12th June 2016), Joanna (14th June 2016), Novusod (11th June 2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Maggie View Post
    I think that the edge of explainable is fertile.
    Yes, absolutely. All of the biggest discoveries always come from those fringe things that we didn't understand before, from studying little "anomalies" and these kinds of things. But like you say, it takes strong evidence for us to really be able to start to understand these things in a meaningful way. I understand that skepticism has gotten a bad name because of all of the hard-headed cynicism, but we can't throw the baby out with the bath water.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bsbray For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (11th June 2016), Aragorn (11th June 2016), Dreamtimer (11th June 2016), Elen (11th June 2016), Joanna (14th June 2016), Maggie (11th June 2016)

Thanks
    Yes, absolutely. All of the biggest discoveries always come from those fringe things that we didn't understand before, from studying little "anomalies" and these kinds of things. But like you say, it takes strong evidence for us to really be able to start to understand these things in a meaningful way. I understand that skepticism has gotten a bad name because of all of the hard-headed cynicism, but we can't throw the baby out with the bath water.
    I am 100% sure that cynicism comes from disappointment.

Take Disney for example. I think that the "disney-fication" evil is like that of the santa claus effect.
    One of my major disappointments was about Santa Claus. I so believed in this magical being. Then my friends laughed at me. My parents were shamed face wen I confronted them. Being lied to about this magic made me doubt magic.

It took me to cynicism.

Disney does that to many children by pretense. For instance about Princesses....we are all Princes and Princesses as Divine Masculine and Feminine beings. But ideas like "what a Princess" was twisted around and made stupidly irrelavent to living from " I am the inheritor of greatness and beauty by my beingness".

Little boys and girls disappointed become big cynics. Just a small example of the concerted CULTURAL wish that we all throw magic out in favor of toil and trouble....

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (11th June 2016), Aragorn (11th June 2016), bsbray (11th June 2016), Dreamtimer (11th June 2016), Elen (11th June 2016), enjoy being (12th June 2016), Joanna (14th June 2016), Novusod (11th June 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,514 Times in 431 Posts
    Here's another example of this: when Neil Armstrong stepped out on the Moon (taking that for granted), what he said was not, as it's popularly portrayed, "That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind." But what he really said was "That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind."

Like I said, this is not evidence that excludes other possibilities, like that people are just not remembering or interpreting what they hear correctly.

It is not just the memory that's fallible, but the whole way the brain processes what's coming into it. The two horizontal lines in this image are actually 100% straight and parallel to each other:

But because of the way your brain interprets what your eyes are seeing, those two horizontal lines look like they curve around the center point. This is an example of the fact that the human brain does not always interpret sensory input in a realistic way. There are lots of different examples of the brain misrepresenting colors, positions of objects, or even somehow not being able to see things that are right in front of them until they are pointed out by others.

The same is true for at least two other senses besides sight: hearing and touch. The brain matches the sounds it hears to familiar patterns, especially in the case of language, and when you listen to someone talk you are not actually processing every single word.

I doubt you'll watch the whole 10 min video above, but anyway here's a shorter video with more interesting but less relevant examples of audio illusions:

I think it's probably not a coincidence that all three of these examples involve movie characters that are using altered voices and/or an unusual rhythm and inflection in their voice. The Queen in Snow White is speaking rhyming poetic lines in a dramatic manner, Tom Hanks has an artificial southern accent playing a mentally challenged man in Forest Gump, and Darth Vader has an obviously altered voice as well. In the Neil Armstrong example I mentioned above, his voice was also very clouded by static in the transmission, with unusual acoustics, and was not a natural human voice. Combine that with how the brain hears things, how it remembers (or rather paraphrases) speech that it heard previously, and it is not at all surprising that things sometimes don't go into or come out of the brain accurately.

You're not getting my point. What you posted is 100% just as much evidence for what I'm saying it means, as it is for what you're saying that it means. Your explanation for this stuff in no way rebuffs an alternate explanation like the one I'm making. In others you have not actually proven anything, because you have not excluded other possibilities.

So basically you are saying that I don't want to believe that realities are shifting and so I'm in denial of your evidence. I really suspect that you didn't real my full post because most of it was talking about how I do in fact play with the idea of there being parallel realities that are possible to experience. If I was in denial about the whole idea of all of this then I wouldn't have posted that stuff, would I?

I don't think debunking would even apply in this case because there is nothing to debunk. Trying to disprove the idea would be trying to prove a negative, which is generally not possible. That would be like trying to disprove that I won't die at the age of 97. No one has proven that I'll die at that age in the first place, any more than they've proven that I'll die next year or at any other age. The same is true with the explanation that you are arguing, about realities shifting being proven by these movies. It doesn't exclude other possibilities, like just bad recall. I know you say that 'can't be' what it is, but I don't see any actual reason why not.

bsbray, you are absolutely missing the point. You are linking me videos about illusions and the brain misinterpreting sounds when that is NOT even what I am talking about. There is no wiggle room here to say this is some type of illusion or misheard line.

You can listen to this video 10 or 100 times if need by and it will always say "Life was like a box of chocolates."

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJh59vZ8ccc

Then you can look at the DvD cover and see clear as day that it was printed with the wrong quote.

The same phenomenon can be observed in the Snow white example where the video says "Magic, mirror" but the book says "Mirror, mirror" along with other media saying "mirror, mirror." Why would Disney create a live action version of snow white titled "Mirror, mirror" if the original quote was "Magic mirror?" Please do explain:

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqmIMvWnIV8

Without an explanation you just being dismissive and/or not following the argument.

These are no illusions. It is not a street magicians trick. These evidences are what they are and they can't be dismissed in the way you are saying.

I am sorry bsbray but your explanations fall far short of what is needed to cast doubt on the Mandela effect.

The cause of the Mandela effect is NOT known either be me or anyone else. What I DO know is that the Mandela effect is real and it is happening.
    Maybe it is not a parallel universe or alternate reality.
    Ok maybe it is time travel, I can accept that.
    Maybe it is simulated-based reality as Joanna pointed out.

What I cannot accept and will not accept is that Mandela effect is just some parlor trick or illusion. It has already been proven that it not an illusion.
    Last edited by Novusod, 11th June 2016 at 19:45.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Novusod For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (11th June 2016), bsbray (11th June 2016), Dreamtimer (11th June 2016), Joanna (14th June 2016)

Thanks
    bsbray, you are absolutely missing the point. You are linking me videos about illusions and the brain misinterpreting sounds when that is NOT even what I am talking about. There is no wiggle room here to say this is some type of illusion or misheard line.

You can listen to this video 10 or 100 times if need by and it will always say "Life was like a box of chocolates."
    I understood that the first time you posted all of this. The point you're missing is that people who watch the movie are probably not hearing or remembering the line correctly. I gave a fuller argument for this in my previous post, which you have not at all addressed. I still think you are not reading my posts. I read yours.

What I cannot accept and will not accept is that Mandela effect is just some parlor trick or illusion. It has already been proven that it not an illusion.
    If it has already been proven then I didn't catch it. I guess we have different ideas about what the word "proof" means. If what you're posting can be equally explained by three or more different possibilities then none of them have been proven.

Also you don't have to keep posting the same images over and over. I'm not blind, and even if I was, posting a 2nd and 3rd time wouldn't make me regain my vision.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bsbray For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (11th June 2016), Aragorn (11th June 2016), Dreamtimer (11th June 2016), Joanna (14th June 2016), Novusod (12th June 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,514 Times in 431 Posts
    I posted the images again because you dismissed them as an illusion. But I digress.

I feel like I am trying way too hard with you bsbray so I am just going to give it a rest and leave you to your beliefs. You will come around to it eventually, in your own time and in your own way.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Novusod For This Useful Post:

bsbray (12th June 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,685 Times in 2,094 Posts
    Thanks for this thread Novusod, I still maintain the view from my earlier post. I am not sure what it means, but am able to see there is something strange. It cannot in my view be labelled without further information, and the effect it seems to have in thinking about it is more like some sort of vortex that sucks you int to a sate of unresolved confusion.
    That is my other take on it, that it shows a certain sort of distortion in the perception of events and items, that we may well have happening around us all the time. Which is sort of where I was going recounting the story of Sue.
    My main reason to post again is but for one example you have given. I am not a big movie watcher, so much of the stuff doesn't engage me. Probably because I don't have enough repetition of mantras or quotes in my head or in my life around friends repeating them for me. - sorry that's a bit superfluous, the one which is nagging me is Mirror, mirror on the wall.
    I have even found some old time radio readings of the story. I am certain that the fragments of earliest memories of the story, Snow white, are ones involving at least sound. Meaning I am sure I heard the story as a child, I was sure it wasn't, heard, as in read out to me from a book by a parent. But in each old radio show I could find, it said Magic mirror.
    This was bugging me because I am very certain that it was always Mirror Mirror on the wall. There is no way it wasn't.
    However I may have finally remembered that when I finally watched the Disney movie as a child, that I was disappointed by hearing magic mirror.
    My new theory on this, is that being a Grimms fairy tale, there has been a design change to avoid copyright, perhaps to legally try and own Snow White, by Disney. This has basically involved overlaying their version so heavily that the original wording has almost disappeared, to the point it makes one question if it ever happened.

Now, this dynamic could be just an interesting display of how easily people's recollections of things can be herded. Moments of WTC911 come to mind even.
    It sort of shows our predisposition to soaking up reality but forgetting each files creation date in our memory. It truly was mirror mirror, when we were young, before Disney had a fuller blanket of control over 'kids stories".
    Here's one including the Grimms fairy tales name. A "non American" production I presume.

https://youtu.be/II-OZIxS7Z0?t=3m38s

I have given it as a link queued to the right point for the quote to be observed.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (12th June 2016), bsbray (12th June 2016), Joanna (14th June 2016), Maggie (12th June 2016)

Thanks
    I posted the images again because you dismissed them as an illusion.
    I never said the images (that you are posting) are an illusion. I'm saying that people often hear, see, and remember details incorrectly. Our brains are not like video recorders. They are very selective in what and how they remember.

You should really watch that video I posted above about phonological illusions and how our brains are interpreting the language that they hear. The guy in the video gives several examples where you could swear that he's saying one thing but he is in reality saying something else.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bsbray For This Useful Post:

Joanna (14th June 2016), Maggie (12th June 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,685 Times in 2,094 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Maggie View Post
    I am 100% sure that cynicism comes from disappointment.

Take Disney for example. I think that the "disney-fication" evil is like that of the santa claus effect.
    One of my major disappointments was about Santa Claus. I so believed in this magical being. Then my friends laughed at me. My parents were shamed face wen I confronted them. Being lied to about this magic made me doubt magic.

It took me to cynicism.

Disney does that to many children by pretense. For instance about Princesses....we are all Princes and Princesses as Divine Masculine and Feminine beings. But ideas like "what a Princess" was twisted around and made stupidly irrelavent to living from " I am the inheritor of greatness and beauty by my beingness".

Little boys and girls disappointed become big cynics. Just a small example of the concerted CULTURAL wish that we all throw magic out in favor of toil and trouble....
    Thanks Maggie, don't often hear people state these same things regards the affects of Santa disappointment to the subconscious of children. It is the first time probably that you will hear a young human enter that dynamic of "Nur nur you think he's real", the cynic that wants to ruin it for the rest, or the truth teller not being appreciated by others? The attitude to kids who tell other kids that Santa is not real, can be that they are mean for correcting the delusion. There is so much to learn from that area of development and how it limits a child's belief in fantasy. Somewhere in the middle is balance and discernment. Maybe the betrayal of the Santa story pushes people too far towards the direction of skepticism or shapes it into the type of 'skepticism' prevalent.
    The learning that your parents can lie to you is a good lesson and a bad lesson. A good one when there are people who will lie to you in this world, a bad one when people lie to each other because they believe it to be normal.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Joanna (14th June 2016), Maggie (12th June 2016)