Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: [Bunk] Parallel Universe: The Mandela Effect

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,342 Times in 313 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Novusod View Post
    Do you remember a red letter "A" in the title Interview with A Vampire.

I was arguing with my wife that it was 'A' vampire not 'the' as it was! I was quite shocked! I did recall the A but not the red part no.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jengelen For This Useful Post:

Elen (24th July 2016), Innocent Warrior (24th July 2016), Novusod (24th July 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,514 Times in 431 Posts
    Here is an interesting video by Philip K Dick recorded in 1977 where he describes something akin to the Mandela effect. He called it Exegesis.

Philip K Dick is most known for his novel "The Man in the High Castle" which was recently made into a mini series on Amazon Prime TV. The novel is about an alternate reality where the Nazis won WW2. Philip K Dick insists that this novel is not a work of fiction but does in fact exist on another time line. In the novel the protagonist defeats the Nazis with reality residue that shows the US won WW2.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Novusod For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (26th July 2016), Elen (26th July 2016), Innocent Warrior (2nd August 2016), modwiz (26th July 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    For those who are following Sylvie's "Atlantis Survivor" videos you may recall in video 38 she talked about impossible statues that seemingly change slightly.

Example being the Vorontsov Palace Girl.

The changed statue could be a forgery but it could also be a Mandela effect. We saw evidence of Mandela effects in other art works such as the Sistine Chapel and the Mona Lisa.

Possible residue found for the Mona Lisa. Which painting is the real one?

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Novusod For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (29th July 2016), Dreamtimer (27th July 2016), Elen (28th July 2016), RealityCreation (28th July 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    OK how about this one?

Terrorists say "Allahu Akbar" now. Didn't it used to be Allah Akbar means "God be Praised?" What the hell is Allahu?

The matrix must really be glitching out. I thought it was just a fluke when I first saw it but now it is everywhere and all the media is saying Allahu instead of Allah.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Novusod For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (29th July 2016), Aragorn (28th July 2016), Dreamtimer (28th July 2016), Elen (29th July 2016), modwiz (28th July 2016), RealityCreation (28th July 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 81,099 Times in 20,304 Posts
    OK how about this one?

Terrorists say "Allahu Akbar" now. Didn't it used to be Allah Akbar means "God be Praised?" What the hell is Allahu?

[...]

The matrix must really be glitching out. I thought it was just a fluke when I first saw it but now it is everywhere and all the media is saying Allahu instead of Allah.
    It has always been "Allahu" — that is the correct grammatical construct in Arabic — but western nations have always thought it was simply "Allah" — until recently, when somebody noticed that it was incorrect. And then, the mainstream media being the parrots they are, all quickly changed the way they pronounced it.

In the 1970s, during the Polish worker protests, my dad and I were both immensely amused by how the anchormen of the mainstream news kept on pronouncing the name of Lech Wałęsa differently virtually every single day.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (29th July 2016), Dreamtimer (28th July 2016), Elen (29th July 2016), Innocent Warrior (2nd August 2016), modwiz (28th July 2016), Novusod (29th July 2016), RealityCreation (28th July 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    I think some of the posts in this thread are "reaching" for the meme. I will thank them anyway because at least it is a contribution to a conversation, and appreciated.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (29th July 2016), Aragorn (29th July 2016), Dreamtimer (28th July 2016), Elen (29th July 2016), Innocent Warrior (2nd August 2016), Novusod (29th July 2016), RealityCreation (28th July 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    It has always been "Allahu" — that is the correct grammatical construct in Arabic — but western nations have always thought it was simply "Allah" — until recently, when somebody noticed that it was incorrect. And then, the mainstream media being the parrots they are, all quickly changed the way they pronounced it.

In the 1970s, during the Polish worker protests, my dad and I were both immensely amused by how the anchormen of the mainstream news kept on pronouncing the name of Lech Wałęsa differently virtually every single day.
    Well it is news to me. I never heard the term "Allahu Akbar" until last week. I have seen plenty of video where the Muslims are shouting it and it never came off as Allahu until this shift occurred.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Novusod For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (29th July 2016), Aragorn (29th July 2016), Dreamtimer (29th July 2016), Innocent Warrior (2nd August 2016), modwiz (29th July 2016)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    I've definitely heard the allahu way. And I think it's been consistently misspoken, like the name of Lech Walesa. Honestly, I'm still not sure how that's pronounced. And the name Qatar has been said so many ways I get dizzy.

We are obstinate about mispronouncing things in my country.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (29th July 2016), Aragorn (29th July 2016), Elen (29th July 2016), Innocent Warrior (2nd August 2016), modwiz (29th July 2016), Novusod (29th July 2016)

Thanks
    Well it is news to me. I never heard the term "Allahu Akbar" until last week. I have seen plenty of video where the Muslims are shouting it and it never came off as Allahu until this shift occurred.
    It has always sounded like Allahu akbar to me, most of the time. I am calling a Mandela Effect foul here because I have publicly stated I think there is something real and good about it. I therefore respect the concept and do not enjoy it being stretched into a farce. A person with a hammer in their hands sees more nails than one with a full toolbox. I do understand they are trying to be helpful.
    Last edited by modwiz, 29th July 2016 at 01:59.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

161803398 (15th August 2016), Aianawa (29th July 2016), Aragorn (29th July 2016), Elen (29th July 2016), Innocent Warrior (2nd August 2016), Novusod (29th July 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by modwiz View Post
    It has always sounded like Allahu akbar to me, most of the time. I am calling a Mandela Effect foul here because I have publicly stated I think there is something real and good about it. I therefore respect the concept and do not enjoy it being stretched into a farce. A person with a hammer in their hands sees more nails than one with a full toolbox. I do understand they are trying to be helpful.
    That is fine if you think that. Not every Mandela effect will apply to everybody.

Google trends shows that Allah Akbar applies to about a quarter of all search results in 2016 while before 2011 it out paced Allahu Akbar. I think it is a possible Mandela effect.

Understand what you think of as "reaching" is simply the way I investigate things. My mind is like a black hole, not because it is empty but because it pulls in everything both good and bad. I have an insatiable thirst for knowledge and information. Then over time I go through a process of separating the wheat from the tares. Even the tares are not thrown out but just put to the side for use at a later time. There is no such thing as bad knowledge, just facts that are not applicable to a given situation.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Novusod For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (29th July 2016), Aragorn (29th July 2016), Elen (29th July 2016), Innocent Warrior (2nd August 2016), modwiz (29th July 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    I would like to shift the thread slightly and discuss some parallel theories. First lets look at the Exegesis theory proposed by Author Philip K Dick.

Philip K. Dick: "Some people claim to have experienced different past lives. I claim to have experienced a different, a very different present life." (1977) Valis Exegesis.

This is very similar to what people who experience the Mandela effect claim to see in their lives. In terms of the Exegesis theory it would be as if you woke up one morning and the apple you had for breakfast turned blue. You think 'wow a blue apple that is so strange.' Then you go show it to your friends and family and they don't know what you are talking about. They say 'apples have always been blue.' In pre-internet days one simply was forced to conform with the herd and go along with it else be thought insane. Philip K Dick was experiencing this in the 70s. He responded to this phenomenon by writing books of fiction such as "The man in the high castle" but to him these books were not fiction. In his mind he came from a world where apples were blue and the Nazis won world war 2.

The Mandela effect builds on top of the Exegesis theory as an internet meme because people who experience this phenomenon are more easily able to talk to each other. The wall of silence and conformity that was a prominent feature of life in the 1970s no longer applies to life in 2016. So you meet someone online who also remembers the "red apples." These people gather on Reddit and on YouTube and we swap stories which we now call Mandela effects. Then someone finds a residue of the old reality and posts a picture of red apples. For a brief moment you are back in the old reality where apples are red and you remember more of the old world. It is not just about apples. It a whole bunch of things. That is the Mandela effect in a nutshell explained as a corollary to Philip K Dick's Exegesis theory.

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Novusod For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (29th July 2016), Aragorn (29th July 2016), Elen (29th July 2016), Innocent Warrior (2nd August 2016), Maggie (29th July 2016), modwiz (29th July 2016)

Thanks

The Mandela effect builds on top of the Exegesis theory as an internet meme because people who experience this phenomenon are more easily able to talk to each other. The wall of silence and conformity that was a prominent feature of life in the 1970s no longer applies to life in 2016. So you meet someone online who also remembers the "red apples." These people gather on Reddit and on YouTube and we swap stories which we now call Mandela effects. Then someone finds a residue of the old reality and posts a picture of red apples. For a brief moment you are back in the old reality where apples are red and you remember more of the old world. It is not just about apples. It a whole bunch of things. That is the Mandela effect in a nutshell explained as a corollary to Philip K Dick's Exegesis theory.
    Hereis a perfect example of what you are stating. I remember the seventies as a very social time with camping out with friends a regular activity. We gathered on our corner daily and were rarely without a group of us hanging out and the musicians making music. Parties happened almost weekly and lots of "cuddling" went on. I find far more conformity in 2016 than the seventies. So we have a Mandela Effect or Exegesis one. I am 63 and remember the 70's as some of most fun and active years of my life. Even got married twice.

The false sense of community, people without faces, of today was not part of the 70's. The seventies were more organic and real life, filled with smiles, handshakes, high-fives and hugs. And, I had no friends whose face I did not know. Hell, I even saw the faces of most strangers. Other than rare telemarketing, phone calls were made by familiar people. With faces that I knew.

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (29th July 2016), Aragorn (29th July 2016), Cearna (29th July 2016), Dreamtimer (29th July 2016), Elen (29th July 2016), Innocent Warrior (2nd August 2016), Novusod (29th July 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    The next parallel theory I would like to discuss is Terence Mckenna's Timewave Zero theory.

Anyone remember Terence Mckenna? He was a pretty big name on the esoteric speaking circuit. He did a lot of radio interviews on the subject of time convergence which he called Timewave Zero.

He didn't experience any Mandela effects at least none that he publicly spoke about other than his experiencing hallucinations while under the influence of Ayahuasca. However there is one particular line that really stuck out in my memory.

Terence Mckenna: "A conversation began with a logos entity where it said to me: 'Did you know that every day is composed of four other days.'"

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nf4QTtnPEWg

Terence Mckenna goes onto explain that time is compromised of 4 waves and the 4 waves interact with each other in different patterns. He came to this conclusion based on his reading of the I-Ching. This pattern was to come a conclusion on Dec 21st 2012.

A lot of people stopped paying attention Terence Mckenna after 2012 when nothing happened. Terence Mckenna is what I would call a "Tare." He had good information and knowledge but it wasn't applicable yet. Maybe it is time to take a second look at Terence Mckenna and Timewave zero and how it applies to the Mandela effect. Could the 4 different time waves Terence Mckenna describes be responsible for causing the Mandela effect? Now I am asking a question here. I am neither confirming nor denying this possibility. If everyday is compromised of 4 other days then maybe people are living inside those other days as separate realities?

Again I am neither confirming nor denying this possibility.

Lets take a look at the bigger picture here:

Modern science states that there are 4 states of matter.
    - Solids, Liquids, Gasses, and Plasma

In my root language theory I understood that each of the states of matter has its own vibration and they correspond to the letters N O V U.
    - Sound of vibrating solids is the letter "N" (tuning fork)
    - Sound of vibrating plasma and ether is the letter "O" (Ohm perfect sound)
    - Sound of vibrating air is the letter "V" (Vibration of Heaven)
    - Sound of vibrating liquid is the letter "U" (Universal urn)

Look at the word Universe (one verse) one note. It is divided by fours.
    -Four states of mater
    -Four vibrations
    -Four time waves (from Terrance Mckenna's time wave zero theory)

4 x 4 x 4 = 64 which is the sacred number in the I-Ching divination texts. Divination is what gives us predictions. This will be the next step in the evolution of understanding the Mandela effect. Can we predict what will shift next in the Mandela effect. We are about to find out so watch this space.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Novusod For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (29th July 2016), Innocent Warrior (2nd August 2016), Maggie (29th July 2016), modwiz (29th July 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by modwiz View Post
    Hereis a perfect example of what you are stating. I remember the seventies as a very social time with camping out with friends a regular activity. We gathered on our corner daily and were rarely without a group of us hanging out and the musicians making music. Parties happened almost weekly and lots of "cuddling" went on. I find far more conformity in 2016 than the seventies. So we have a Mandela Effect or Exegesis one. I am 63 and remember the 70's as some of most fun and active years of my life. Even got married twice.

The false sense of community, people without faces, of today was not part of the 70's. The seventies were more organic and real life, filled with smiles, handshakes, high-fives and hugs. And, I had no friends whose face I did not know. Hell, I even saw the faces of most strangers. Other than rare telemarketing, phone calls were made by familiar people. With faces that I knew.
    It could be that we just have different backgrounds. I was just a little kid back then and I had to go to school. No time for parties. Most topics of discussion that I found interesting were taboo so I had to suppress everything about about myself in order to fit in. I do remember the organic face to face interactions though. Lots of handshakes, high-fives, and hugs. It wasn't all good though. Saying the wrong thing could land a fist in my face.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Novusod For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (29th July 2016), Dreamtimer (29th July 2016), Elen (29th July 2016), Innocent Warrior (2nd August 2016), modwiz (29th July 2016)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    I remember being with my mom shopping. (This was actually at the end of the 60s). We were in a kind of mall. I saw four hippies come by. They were just like the typical images: long hair, vests, head bands, ribbons, bell bottoms, and smiles. I looked at them and noticed how beautiful they were, and how differently they were dressed. The young woman looked at me and smiled and said, "What a beautiful little girl." They all smiled, the others were guys and they all had lovely faces and friendly eyes. At this point my mom noticed and pulled me away saying, "We don't talk to people like that." I was quite small, my arm had to reach up to hold my mom's hand. I doubt she thought I'd recall that moment. It was etched in my mind forever.

It was one of many moments in life where I knew she was wrong but couldn't tell her. Unfortunately, when I became an adult, and despite promises of listening to whatever I had to say, I was never able to talk to her about that moment or many, many others.

Sometimes people just don't want to have honest conversations. Perhaps this timeline will change such that honest conversations are the norm.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Elen (29th July 2016), Innocent Warrior (2nd August 2016), modwiz (29th July 2016), Novusod (29th July 2016)