Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: It's a no brainer - Don't have children

Senior Member United States Chester's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,591 Times in 1,349 Posts

It's a no brainer - Don't have children

ballgame folks - The Great Work has succeeded...

the following video is about far more than censorship

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RS-qGKzZ3dw

read - https://ice2sea.wordpress.com/2016/0...ffington-post/
    All the above is all and only my opinion. It may contain some sharing of components of my current operating strategy and some foundational components of my current world view - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

It's just a ride

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGD...vgBsCHmlC13jOg

https://www.facebook.com/samhunter57

http://merlynagain.blogspot.com/

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (6th June 2016), enjoy being (5th June 2016), Joanna (8th June 2016), Juniper (5th June 2016), lookbeyond (6th June 2016), M-Albion-3D (12th June 2016), modwiz (5th June 2016), pointessa (9th June 2016), TimeSensitive (4th June 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,685 Times in 2,094 Posts
    Hi, I haven't watched this yet.
    Just as a sundry of maybe only curiosity, from following the sourced links back to the original release of the post, by Michael Krieger.
    http://libertyblitzkrieg.com/2016/04...ffington-post/

I wonder if he is any relation to this Andrew Krieger. https://voter08.wordpress.com/a-brie...e-kiwi-dollar/

There does seem to be a lot by that name, I clicked on Michael's name on his blog and read about his background in trading.

I see now the second link doesn't include information on how the "buy/sell phone guy" that Krieger used in '87, just happened to be our current Prime Minister.

Anyway, where's that back on topic picture..
    Last edited by enjoy being, 5th June 2016 at 03:45.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (6th June 2016), Chester (5th June 2016), Dreamtimer (6th June 2016), Joanna (8th June 2016), Juniper (5th June 2016), pointessa (9th June 2016)

(account terminated)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,074 Times in 359 Posts
    once or more I've heard the word "censorship" in this interview but I have not heard the sentence:

"don't have children."

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to scibuster For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (6th June 2016), Chester (5th June 2016), pointessa (9th June 2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by scibuster View Post
    once or more I've heard the word "censorship" in this interview but I have not heard the sentence:

"don't have children."
    I said don't have children. It is the best advice I can give to anyone that has a heart. Don't bring a soul onto this planet at this time.

Vaccines are only one method of targeting the general population on Earth at this time as the attached article points out. Regarding just the vaccines, there are far more horrific consequences to giving vaccines to children and adults in the form they are done now in many if not all cases which includes everything in them than simply the autism risk which is not a closed case as some would have you believe.

Some folks may disagree and they have that right so then they do... and some have children and they bring them into a world where these "things" will be mandatory for all sooner than you think. Is it wise if one is a loving, caring being that has the world view we are (or at least most of us are) souls? It's not to me. I shared my view about it.

If anyone read the article they didn't see but a tiny mention of vaccines and in fact that mention was not focusing on vaccines, it was focusing on censorship (which is why I posted it here on TOT (Aragorn) as TOT does a good job of staying away from censorship IMO ever since Corey left). It focused on censorship and listed a good dozen subjects that should be discussed but are not allowed to be discussed. And this was the point the writer made... that our children who depend on their parents to hand them a better world where instead we are doing just the opposite should be pi'zz'ed off at us.

If we cannot do better then we shouldn't convict a single soul to the world we are handing them.

That is all and only my opinion - Read the article and then you get it.
    Last edited by Chester, 5th June 2016 at 14:31.
    All the above is all and only my opinion. It may contain some sharing of components of my current operating strategy and some foundational components of my current world view - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

It's just a ride

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (6th June 2016), Elen (5th June 2016), Joanna (8th June 2016), lookbeyond (8th June 2016), pointessa (9th June 2016)

Thanks
    The film (Vaxxed) carefully documents decisions by the Centers for Disease Control that lend credence to systemic corruption.
    The corruption of science and scientific method has manifested itself most prominently in recent years with a spate of attempts to deny the existence of global climate change and the role that continued fossil fuel usage plays in accelerating it.
    But of late we have seen spineless political chicanery, which I must sadly admit is totally bipartisan, when it comes to issues like fracking and the substitution of natural gas as a purportedly transitional fuel to bridge the gap between coal and renewables. - and - Fracking is contaminating water supplies and the air we breathe, is causing public health problems and facilitating earthquakes in places that have never even had earthquakes in recorded history, yet the regulatory responses are negligible.
    We all witnessed the BP disaster in the Gulf of Mexico, and its dastardly cousin in Porter Ranch, California, that has been described as BP on land, the release of nearly 100,000 metric tons of methane from a leaking natural gas storage well. Yet we merrily proceed to push forward with government-subsidized fossil fuel production policies that benefit the richest corporations known to mankind.
    We see government failure and most likely criminal negligence if not outright prosecutable actions on behalf of government officials with regard to the contaminated drinking water in cities like Flint, Michigan, and evidently in cities all across the U.S.
    There are crimes against humanity being perpetrated by chemical companies like Monsanto as glyphosates and genetically engineered foods find their ways comfortably into our kitchens and stomachs.
    In Malibu, there is a local effort to address the existence of PCB’s in window caulking in schools yet the school board spends millions of dollars to fight its removal rather than simply remove it
    Last but not least we are witnessing a monumental failure on the part of the Fourth Estate, the media. Bowing to the pressures of deep-pocketed advertisers, the media refuses to even make an attempt at investigative journalism.
    we as a society can no longer depend upon our government leaders and institutions to protect us.
    There are some of the highlights - This is what we are handing our children.

And this article was censored so we are also allowing that too.

It's a no brainer to me - do not sentence a living soul to the hell this world (on Earth at this time) imposes on them.

With regards to vaccines alone - the point made by this excellent post at another forum (note I quote posts from TOT on other forums and on my blog).

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1072485
    Last edited by Chester, 5th June 2016 at 14:49.

It's just a ride

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (6th June 2016), Joanna (8th June 2016), lookbeyond (8th June 2016), pointessa (9th June 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 81,103 Times in 20,306 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Sam Hunter View Post
    I said don't have children. It is the best advice I can give to anyone that has a heart. Don't bring a soul onto this planet at this time.
    This I will agree on, albeit for many more reasons than you would suspect. A few examples follow...

• The risk of overpopulation — even though it has been abused by the elite as an excuse for their depopulation attempts — is very real. By the mid 1920s, there were approximately 2 billion people on Earth. By the mid 1970s — about 50 years later — this number had doubled to 4 billion. By the late 1990s — i.e. only 15 years later — there were already some 6 billion people on the planet, which was another increase with 2 billion in only 30% of the time. And today — mid 2016 as I'm writing this — we're counting somewhere around 7.6 billion humans already. There's still a bit of headroom left, but not all that much anymore, considering how both the tenacious industrialization and the continuing population growth are using up a lot more of Earth's resources than they used to, while at the same time they're also increasing the severity of the pollution this planet has to cope with.

• Too many people are having children "just because" without being responsible enough to take out the time to raise their children and give them a proper upbringing. As a result, children are being dumped off at daycare moms or industrialized and employer-sponsored daycare centers, where they don't receive any upbringing at all. Those children are not taught anything about ethics or moral values, and the schools certainly won't go there anymore either, except maybe for Catholic (or other religious) schools, but then we're talking of indoctrinating them with the rules imposed by their respective religions, rather than of stimulating the development of an ethical awareness. Furthermore, more and more children are growing up as the offspring of divorced or single parents, with as a result that the single parent can't even muster the time anymore to properly raise their children even if they wanted to, given that it has become very hard to survive in the financial-economical society model as a single parent.

• Society as a whole is no longer a proper environment in which children can grow up, due to the financial-economical exploitation of the concept of humanity. On the one hand, there is the "professional sector" influence, meaning that children are being groomed in function of their future occupation, i.e. their place as a cogwheel in the big financial-economical machine. On the other hand, the role models which society presents to today's children are despicable — drug-addicted and otherwise misbehaving pop stars, et al — and the world at large has become a dangerous place for everyone, not just children. There's always war and conflict whenever you turn on the news. And let's not even get into the subliminally programming propaganda embedded in popular music, soap operas or even Hollywood blockbuster movies.

There's a lot more where that came from, but I'm just listing a few of the things going through my head.

[...]

If anyone read the article they didn't see but a tiny mention of vaccines and in fact that mention was not focusing on vaccines, it was focusing on censorship (which is why I posted it here on TOT (Aragorn) as TOT does a good job of staying away from censorship IMO ever since Corey left).
    Even though I appreciate that you're saying that The One Truth does not censor, I must object to the words "ever since Corey left." Even when Corey was still a member here, there was never any censorship. What was here at the time — and what still is here — is moderation, which is quite a different thing to censorship.

Censorship is when you forbid people to speak their mind about a given subject. Moderation is where you remove comments which violate the rules and which — since you mention the Corey episode — were specifically intended as provocation. The Corey detractors — read: the Shanolytes (© Sam Hunter) — were doing everything within their power to provoke Corey into emotional responses — in other words, it was trolling — and to deliberately p!ss off the staff of The One Truth, of whom these people wrongfully suspected (and took for True™) that we were actively promoting and protecting Corey and his "Blue Avian / Sphere Being Alliance / Secret Space Program" narrative, while that was absolutely not the case.

I was still only a purple moderator at the time — and a super moderator by the time Corey left the forum — so I was there in the mod room, and I know what I did and did not see. Furthermore, I am going to share with the readers of this thread something I said to you in our PM exchange of last night. It is only a snippet of what I myself wrote to you, so I am not breaking the rules by publishing that snippet here.

This is a paragraph from the PM I sent you when I contacted you about your intent for this thread, so that I would know under which subforum to park it:

Quote Originally posted by Aragorn
    Anyway, pending your reply, I am going to move this to Conspiracies & Cover-Ups for now, notwithstanding that I abhor the tenacity of the ignorance and stupidity in the whole "autism & vaccines" debate. It's a free world — well, okay, it isn't, but it should be — so I am not going to stand in the way of the topics that people wish to discuss, even if I disagree (strongly) with those topics. I have my admin hat on right now, so my concern is where to park the thread, since it doesn't appear to have been parked in the right place, and because your opening post to that thread left room for ambiguity as to what direction you want to take this in.

You then got back to me with clarification on your intent for the thread, as I had requested, and the following is the last paragraph from what I wrote to you in reply this afternoon (Central European Time);

Quote Originally posted by Aragorn
    I am neither censoring nor ignoring them, Sam. That is why I am channelling my personal objections against the "autism & vaccines" myth into any posts I myself (may decide to) contribute to the pertinent threads instead of telling you (or anyone else) that you (or they) cannot post such material here at The One Truth. This is not Project Avalon, and I am not Bill Ryan — thank ${DEITY_OF_CHOICE}* for that.

* That's UNIX vernacular, by the way. ${VALUE} is commonly how a variable is written in UNIX shell scripts, so the joke is that it's a variable which the reader may fill in along their own religious inclination.

I am hoping that you, in turn, will acknowledge my integrity (and that of the whole staff) in this matter as well.

With respect,
    Aragorn.

So much for any suspicions or allegations of censorship here at The One Truth. I just felt that I needed to set the record straight on that.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (6th June 2016), Chester (5th June 2016), Dreamtimer (6th June 2016), Elen (5th June 2016), Joanna (8th June 2016), lookbeyond (8th June 2016), pointessa (9th June 2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    This I will agree on, albeit for many more reasons than you would suspect. A few examples follow...

• The risk of overpopulation — even though it has been abused by the elite as an excuse for their depopulation attempts — is very real. By the mid 1920s, there were approximately 2 billion people on Earth. By the mid 1970s — about 50 years later — this number had doubled to 4 billion. By the late 1990s — i.e. only 15 years later — there were already some 6 billion people on the planet, which was another increase with 2 billion in only 30% of the time. And today — mid 2016 as I'm writing this — we're counting somewhere around 7.6 billion humans already. There's still a bit of headroom left, but not all that much anymore, considering how both the tenacious industrialization and the continuing population growth are using up a lot more of Earth's resources than they used to, while at the same time they're also increasing the severity of the pollution this planet has to cope with.

• Too many people are having children "just because" without being responsible enough to take out the time to raise their children and give them a proper upbringing. As a result, children are being dumped off at daycare moms or industrialized and employer-sponsored daycare centers, where they don't receive any upbringing at all. Those children are not taught anything about ethics or moral values, and the schools certainly won't go there anymore either, except maybe for Catholic (or other religious) schools, but then we're talking of indoctrinating them with the rules imposed by their respective religions, rather than of stimulating the development of an ethical awareness. Furthermore, more and more children are growing up as the offspring of divorced or single parents, with as a result that the single parent can't even muster the time anymore to properly raise their children even if they wanted to, given that it has become very hard to survive in the financial-economical society model as a single parent.

• Society as a whole is no longer a proper environment in which children can grow up, due to the financial-economical exploitation of the concept of humanity. On the one hand, there is the "professional sector" influence, meaning that children are being groomed in function of their future occupation, i.e. their place as a cogwheel in the big financial-economical machine. On the other hand, the role models which society presents to today's children are despicable — drug-addicted and otherwise misbehaving pop stars, et al — and the world at large has become a dangerous place for everyone, not just children. There's always war and conflict whenever you turn on the news. And let's not even get into the subliminally programming propaganda embedded in popular music, soap operas or even Hollywood blockbuster movies.

There's a lot more where that came from, but I'm just listing a few of the things going through my head.

Even though I appreciate that you're saying that The One Truth does not censor, I must object to the words "ever since Corey left." Even when Corey was still a member here, there was never any censorship. What was here at the time — and what still is here — is moderation, which is quite a different thing to censorship.

Censorship is when you forbid people to speak their mind about a given subject. Moderation is where you remove comments which violate the rules and which — since you mention the Corey episode — were specifically intended as provocation. The Corey detractors — read: the Shanolytes (© Sam Hunter) — were doing everything within their power to provoke Corey into emotional responses — in other words, it was trolling — and to deliberately p!ss off the staff of The One Truth, of whom these people wrongfully suspected (and took for True™) that we were actively promoting and protecting Corey and his "Blue Avian / Sphere Being Alliance / Secret Space Program" narrative, while that was absolutely not the case.

I was still only a purple moderator at the time — and a super moderator by the time Corey left the forum — so I was there in the mod room, and I know what I did and did not see. Furthermore, I am going to share with the readers of this thread something I said to you in our PM exchange of last night. It is only a snippet of what I myself wrote to you, so I am not breaking the rules by publishing that snippet here.

This is a paragraph from the PM I sent you when I contacted you about your intent for this thread, so that I would know under which subforum to park it:

You then got back to me with clarification on your intent for the thread, as I had requested, and the following is the last paragraph from what I wrote to you in reply this afternoon (Central European Time);

So much for any suspicions or allegations of censorship here at The One Truth. I just felt that I needed to set the record straight on that.
    With respect, Aragorn, you forbade an open discussion that I attempted to start comparing the paradigms suggested by both the Ruiner and Corey. Open so that lurkers (the non-membership public) could read the discussion. At least I had the sense to ask in advance, but be honest, you did block the discussion from even happening. I do not see that as moderation. I see that the very same as what Simmons says happened to his offering for discussion with the only difference being that I had the sense enough to ask in advance (so that I could avoid the same thing I experienced from Church one time which he called "baiting") and landed me a "vacation."

Now unfortunately readers here are only able to read words and so as many readers do, me included, sometimes we can take words much more strongly that the writer intends. The call made at the time to not allow me to create a thread for discussion of the suggested paradigms could also be characterized as moderation (in advance... based also on my good sense to ask in advance). But it also did indeed block discussion of the paradigms which, if allowed to happen, may have assisted many folks to decide one over the other was preferred or perhaps throw them both out (as I have now done in part thanks to your 'slapping me to my senses').

But no forum is perfect and no administration or moderation is perfect, so this post is not meant to blast TOT and in fact is meant to point out that at least in my case, TOT has been a very good experience for me and I get the feeling for many others. I thank Malc and the current and some of the former staff for making this so, and I believe greatly that Aragorn has been great for TOT and I am in no doubt he loves TOT and I also see that Aragorn spends tireless hours with TOT.

All I hope for is that we are allowed to have open, civil discussions and even though I was guilty of plenty of ad hominem with regards to Corey but also I was guilty of the same with Shane (a member at the time and who may still be) though these two cases were moderated much differently... the latter not moderated at all. Again, this last statement is NOT a TOT bash and in fact... because I am human and because I have my feelings about the latter as I now do, I am very glad I was able to share the facts (and my impressions) of that experience and am only sad Shane did not take up the discussion.

Back again to why I posted in science - I see the genome tech as science and I see the dangers of tampering with the human genome as the very worst form of "people management" (dumbing down and creating illness prone people) by a small powerful and secretive elite who use deception and censorship among other things to prevent our awareness of what they are doing - one method via vaccinations. It OK you move it where ever you wish but for me the primary theme was science... and an example of scientific discovery being abused.
    Last edited by Chester, 7th June 2016 at 04:11.

It's just a ride

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (6th June 2016), Aragorn (5th June 2016), Joanna (8th June 2016), lookbeyond (8th June 2016)

Thanks
    With respect, Aragorn, you forbid an open discussion that I attempted to start comparing the paradigms suggested by both the Ruiner and Corey. Open so that lurkers (the non-membership public) could read the discussion. At least I had the sense to ask in advance, but be honest, you did block the discussion from even happening. I do not see that as moderation. I see that the very same as what Simmons says happened to his offering for discussion with the only difference being that I had the sense enough to ask in advance (so that I could avoid the same thing I experienced from Church one time which he called "baiting") and landed me a "vacation."
    I'm afraid you are partly misrepresenting what really happened, but I am convinced that this would be rather because of a misremembering than out of ill will.

First and foremost, the decision was not mine, because I was either only a purple moderator or a super moderator at the time, and I remember that we debated this in the mod room. It just so happened to be that I was the person who relayed the information to you. I was only the messenger in that matter, and likewise whenever we needed to communicate with Corey. Corey may have thought that I was the one calling the shots at the time, but I was merely the communicator.

Secondly, it still wasn't censorship, because we were trying to find a way to allow the kind of discussion you wanted to have, but we were also trying to do this in such a way that it wouldn't have started yet another firestorm here at the forum. There was way too much of that going round already at The One Truth in those days, and a couple of your fellow Shanolytes (© Sam Hunter) hated the mod team so much in those days that they could have eaten us all raw for breakfast, and all because they falsely believed that the staff was siding up with Corey —which we most certainly were not.

It would have been censorship if we had told you, "No, you can't do that. End of discussion." But we didn't do that. We were simply trying to find a way to honor your request without that the situation would have exploded again, and it didn't seem possible to do that — not on your terms anyway. Furthermore, the ultimate decision on account of that request was not made by myself, but we all agreed that it was for the better.

Now unfortunately readers here are only able to read words and so as many readers do, me included, sometimes we can take words much more strongly that the writer intends. The call made at the time to not allow me to create a thread for discussion of the suggested paradigms could also be characterized as moderation (in advance... based also on my good sense to ask in advance). But it also did indeed block discussion of the paradigms which, if allowed to happen, may have assisted many folks to decide one over the other was preferred or perhaps throw them both out (as I have now done in part thanks to your 'slapping me to my senses').
    For better or for worse, we can't always have what we want, Sam. We were trying to maintain the relative peace — actually, it was more like a cold war scenario — but we were not trying to stifle anyone's free speech.

But no forum is perfect and no administration or moderation is perfect, so this post is not meant to blast TOT and in fact is meant to point out that at least in my case, TOT has been a very good experience for me and I get the feeling for many others. I thank Malc and the current and some of the former staff for making this so, and I believe greatly that Aragorn has been great for TOT and I am in no doubt he loves TOT and I also see that Aragorn spends tireless hours with TOT.
    Well, thank you for that. I know that not everyone here appreciates the efforts I pour into The One Truth, but you can't please everyone, and I know that we're doing the best we can at running the place honorably, so whoever doesn't like us, it's their loss, not ours.

All I hope for is that we are allowed to have open, civil discussions and even though I was guilty of plenty of ad hominem with regards to Corey but also I was guilty of the same with Shane (a member at the time and who may still be) though these two cases were moderated much differently... the latter not moderated at all. Again, this last statement is NOT a TOT bash and in fact... because I am human and because I have my feelings about the latter as I now do, I am very glad I was able to share the facts (and my impressions) of that experience and am only sad Shane did not take up the discussion.
    As it just so happens to be, Shane is indeed still a member here, and I have indeed also pondered the extent of the criticism directed at Shane — which I too have been guilty of — when the truth came out about his deception. There was however a big difference with Corey, which is that Shane himself barely ever posted here, and he himself did not post his material here on the forum — unlike what was the case with Corey — plus that Corey was never found out to be a liar during his stay here on the forum. Yes, he was called out by Shane and his followers — yourself included — but with Shane's word as the only evidence against him. So it was one member's word against another member's word, and neither of them had any evidence to back up their claims. In that regard, Shane played things a lot dirtier than Corey did.

Considering everything, we've even contemplated retiring Shane's account after the truth about him came to the surface. And in all fairness, we've even been trying to get him to grant us an audio interview over Skype a couple of times, with the specific purpose of confronting him about his claims, but he has declined every time, because he knew that we weren't going to be treating him as the demigod that some others had made him into.

Maybe we shouldn't have come down on Shane as hard as we did on a public thread, simply because he's still officially a member of The One Truth — his last log-on to The One Truth was on 14 February 2016, by the way, but his last post already dates back to 22 September 2015 and he has only made 63 posts in total — but at the same time, he and his followers had been giving us a very hard time while Corey was still here, so the way I see it, it was only Shane's karma catching up with him. In the end, what's done is done, and there's no turning back the clock.

Anyway...

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (6th June 2016), Chester (7th June 2016), Dreamtimer (6th June 2016), Joanna (8th June 2016)

(account terminated)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,074 Times in 359 Posts
    I'm the most censored poster at ToT.
    I'm the fittest fitter who does not fit, who writes unfittet posts
    in irregular manner to not fitting threads.
    I'm total sunk into the fit trick.
    Do not read anymore otherwise you will get rolling eyes.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to scibuster For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (6th June 2016), Chester (7th June 2016), Dreamtimer (6th June 2016), Elen (6th June 2016), lookbeyond (6th June 2016)

Thanks
    No, but at the moment, you certainly are the most moderated poster here at The One Truth. Moderation and censorship are two very different things, although I can imagine that from the point of view of a moderated member, the staff's intervention may be seen as censorship.

As I have already told a few members before, most members see things from their own vantage only, but we in the staff room try looking at things from all angles, and we then decide on what is best for everyone. That is our job. And it's a difficult job too, because you can't please 100% of the people 100% of the time. But we do our best, and I think we're doing a damn fine job at it too.

Even though you do sometimes post interesting stuff, you unfortunately have a way of derailing otherwise serious threads with totally irrelevant comments — whether in English or in German. So then we have to step in and edit or remove your comments.

Contrary to what you may believe, the staff does respect you as a human being, and we have been (and still are) very patient with you because we acknowledge that there is a language barrier. However, you do quite often come across as disrespectful — either toward your fellow members or toward the staff — because of what you post or what thread you post it on.

I don't know how you think or feel about forums in general, or about The One Truth in particular, but The One Truth is a very serious forum. We aim to offer people a place where they can discuss their experiences and their thoughts about the world around us, whether it's about mundane affairs such as political elections, whether it's about paranormal experiences, whether it's about what the truth is behind what we call reality, or whether it's about who's really in control of our planet (and of our lives), and so on. These are all serious topics, because we all live on this planet and we all have to live in this thing we call society.

There is a time and a place for everything, including humor, and we're not opposed to that by any means, but you cannot simply go around and derail a discussion with something which makes absolutely no sense to anyone or which ridicules an otherwise serious thread (and the people who started it).

Please try and be more understanding. It's what we have to do too.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Chester (7th June 2016), Dreamtimer (6th June 2016), Elen (6th June 2016), Joanna (8th June 2016), modwiz (6th June 2016), The One (6th June 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    Do not read anymore otherwise you will get rolling eyes.
    I'd agree with the you do not fit sentiment. Is "scri" German for "ball"? It fits with ''buster".
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Elen (6th June 2016), Joanna (8th June 2016)

(account terminated) United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,648 Times in 2,895 Posts
    It may be as relevant to post this here as anywhere since this was brought up. I realize you enjoy sarcasm and irreverence. The sarcasm is not everyone's cup of tea but is at least intelligible and okay. But sometimes the things you post, as far as anyone can figure out, are totally unrelated to what is being discussed and don't even seem to make any sense. Maybe they are lost in translation. And speaking of translation, most people here can't read German either.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bsbray For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (6th June 2016), Chester (7th June 2016), Elen (6th June 2016), Joanna (8th June 2016), modwiz (6th June 2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    I'm afraid you are partly misrepresenting what really happened, but I am convinced that this would be rather because of a misremembering than out of ill will.

First and foremost, the decision was not mine, because I was either only a purple moderator or a super moderator at the time, and I remember that we debated this in the mod room. It just so happened to be that I was the person who relayed the information to you. I was only the messenger in that matter, and likewise whenever we needed to communicate with Corey. Corey may have thought that I was the one calling the shots at the time, but I was merely the communicator.

Secondly, it still wasn't censorship, because we were trying to find a way to allow the kind of discussion you wanted to have, but we were also trying to do this in such a way that it wouldn't have started yet another firestorm here at the forum. There was way too much of that going round already at The One Truth in those days, and a couple of your fellow Shanolytes (© Sam Hunter) hated the mod team so much in those days that they could have eaten us all raw for breakfast, and all because they falsely believed that the staff was siding up with Corey —which we most certainly were not.

It would have been censorship if we had told you, "No, you can't do that. End of discussion." But we didn't do that. We were simply trying to find a way to honor your request without that the situation would have exploded again, and it didn't seem possible to do that — not on your terms anyway. Furthermore, the ultimate decision on account of that request was not made by myself, but we all agreed that it was for the better.

For better or for worse, we can't always have what we want, Sam. We were trying to maintain the relative peace — actually, it was more like a cold war scenario — but we were not trying to stifle anyone's free speech.

Well, thank you for that. I know that not everyone here appreciates the efforts I pour into The One Truth, but you can't please everyone, and I know that we're doing the best we can at running the place honorably, so whoever doesn't like us, it's their loss, not ours.

As it just so happens to be, Shane is indeed still a member here, and I have indeed also pondered the extent of the criticism directed at Shane — which I too have been guilty of — when the truth came out about his deception. There was however a big difference with Corey, which is that Shane himself barely ever posted here, and he himself did not post his material here on the forum — unlike what was the case with Corey — plus that Corey was never found out to be a liar during his stay here on the forum. Yes, he was called out by Shane and his followers — yourself included — but with Shane's word as the only evidence against him. So it was one member's word against another member's word, and neither of them had any evidence to back up their claims. In that regard, Shane played things a lot dirtier than Corey did.

Considering everything, we've even contemplated retiring Shane's account after the truth about him came to the surface. And in all fairness, we've even been trying to get him to grant us an audio interview over Skype a couple of times, with the specific purpose of confronting him about his claims, but he has declined every time, because he knew that we weren't going to be treating him as the demigod that some others had made him into.

Maybe we shouldn't have come down on Shane as hard as we did on a public thread, simply because he's still officially a member of The One Truth — his last log-on to The One Truth was on 14 February 2016, by the way, but his last post already dates back to 22 September 2015 and he has only made 63 posts in total — but at the same time, he and his followers had been giving us a very hard time while Corey was still here, so the way I see it, it was only Shane's karma catching up with him. In the end, what's done is done, and there's no turning back the clock.

Anyway...

Ya'll did good man. The folks still here all had the best of intentions too... even me (at least I certainly hope). You did good with the tricky situation indeed.

I am sure I am still "processing out" that whole very strange stretch of life experience.

At least I have a copyright awarded by the trademark master himself!

It's just a ride

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (7th June 2016), Elen (7th June 2016), Joanna (8th June 2016), modwiz (7th June 2016)

Thanks
    http://www.nature.com/news/crispr-ge...inning-1.19510

Much of the conversation about CRISPR–Cas9 has revolved around its potential for treating disease or editing the genes of human embryos, but researchers say that the real revolution right now is in the lab. What CRISPR offers, and biologists desire, is specificity: the ability to target and study particular DNA sequences in the vast expanse of a genome. And editing DNA is just one trick that it can be used for. Scientists are hacking the tools so that they can send proteins to precise DNA targets to toggle genes on or off, and even engineer entire biological circuits — with the long-term goal of understanding cellular systems and disease.
    Maybe its not just to understand cellular systems and disease.

It's just a ride

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (7th June 2016), Elen (7th June 2016), lookbeyond (8th June 2016), modwiz (7th June 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,133 Times in 710 Posts
    http://www.nature.com/news/crispr-ge...inning-1.19510

Maybe its not just to understand cellular systems and disease.
    No doubt Sam. There is probably the public and then the private use for this technology. Reguarding having children in this day and age, well i dont envy me lol, i have teenagers and im trying to the best of my ability to work out what is a real threat to their health and what is possibly "conspiracy theory". My husband thinks i am off my rocker re minimising fluoride exposure in fact he has been arguing that we "need" it in our tap water for their teeth as i attempt to purchase a reverse osmosis water filter. This is one small example that we face as parents, there are many, and it is very stressful when your partner and family are asleep to the risks of "normal" choices and refuse to educate themselves as "you" are the one with the problem who is rocking the boat.

Thankfully my children listen and research on their own, social media does provide them with information which is not mainstream and the youth of today really do question the status quo, hopefully this will continue with some of the kids in the generations to come- but it is not easy- at every turn you are told you are wrong, paranoid, unstable, suspicious, stupid etc and now parents face financial effects from govt re choices also, this road IS more difficult with children to raise and i believe the awake and aware of the future will in fact take this somewhat into account re whether to bring children into this world or not, lb

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lookbeyond For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (7th June 2016), Chester (8th June 2016), Joanna (8th June 2016), modwiz (7th June 2016)