Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: Sim Theory - We May Actually Be In The Matrix (2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Sam Hunter View Post
    I know folks running on spirit and personality yet appear void of soul.
    ungerminated seeds ... hearts of stone, not hearts made flesh.
    Hearts made flesh begin to feel, to sense (sensate), to know.
    Many seeds have been scattered/sown,
    on all types of ground with varying degrees of "water", so who can judge....
    Those who have germinated are to show the way to those who have not yet done so....that is all.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ZShawn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (4th May 2016), Joanna (5th May 2016), pointessa (8th May 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,690 Times in 607 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by lcam88 View Post
    Excellent posts people!

Not beyond the mind, it just requires the _complete_ mind. Spirit is of "mind"... it is "whole" (perhaps).

You have a way with words, Joanna. Beautifully stated as a "complete" perspective. Living the completeness is what we all seem to be striving for...

... and then one issue is we need to "remember" where our "ego" fits in all of it. EDIT - That is what perspective means to me anyway.
    Well, whether Spirit is seen as 'beyond' mind depends on your point of view. To me, Spirit precedes soul, mind, emotions, body...and soul, mind, emotions and body proceed from Spirit. The reason I see it this way is because whenever I've experienced going into the heart of Source/Spirit - into, let's say, its concentrated 'ISness' - body, emotions, mind dissolve, until I am in only the light of my soul, which remerges back into Source, yet still IS, but unboundaried, unbound. Of course, this is just my experience...yet I trust it more than all the theories in the world.
    This 'unboundaried' is also related to the issue of where ego fits in, as from this perspective, ego is the little fenced off bit of paddock in the infinite Source/Spirit field that we identify with as 'me' and 'you'. Ego is the fencer, creating the feeling and the view and the ideation of 'my personal experience'. If the ego is defensive, it may turn the fence into the walls of a fortress, or the walls of a prison, or an asylum. Or it may become enchanted with its own fence design, and lavish all its attention on ornamenting the fence, admiring the paintwork and gilding, and losing focus on what is inside the fence. Conversely, an ego at ease with, and appreciating the 'soul stuff' (to which it is innately connected) inside the fence will tend to make its boundary of something supple, transparent and flexible, so it has a clear view through its own boundary and can reshape it at will, and according to changing circumstances/energies.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Joanna For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (5th May 2016), lcam88 (5th May 2016), pointessa (8th May 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    I know folks running on spirit and personality yet appear void of soul.
    Or, souls of the void run on personality and the spirit/energy of others.
    Someone or something appearing void of soul doesn't mean they are. It could simply be that the light of their soul has dimmed, and cannot be seen though the wrappings of 'deadening' energies such as hate, envy, bitterness and so forth....

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Joanna For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (5th May 2016), pointessa (8th May 2016), ZShawn (5th May 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,244 Times in 922 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Joanna
    Of course, this is just my experience...yet I trust it more than all the theories in the world.
    Well said.

This 'unboundaried' is also related to the issue of where ego fits in, as from this perspective, ego is the little fenced off bit of paddock in the infinite Source/Spirit field that we identify with as 'me' and 'you'.
    I was thinking of that golden triangle... How the spiral created by a new subdivision, or the addition of another creates a form that is "unbounded". That is what I meant by 'it is "whole" (perhaps)'. We are on the same page I think.

And even then just as spirit may be described in such a way, so can mind. Once you strip away the notion of the egocentric consciousness and examine "mind" it is impossible for me to identify how it is different from spirit. Why is water a liquid? Why does a solid hold its form? Is it because of the spirit of material or the mind "thinking the thoughts" of material?

To presume that animated life forms are privileged with consciousness in a way that everything else is denied is the only way it is possible to suppose that spirit and mind are different.

Frankly I just can't find any evidence that such a presumption is true.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lcam88 For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (5th May 2016), Joanna (5th May 2016), pointessa (8th May 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by lcam88 View Post
    I was thinking of that golden triangle... How the spiral created by a new subdivision, or the addition of another creates a form that is "unbounded". That is what I meant by 'it is "whole" (perhaps)'. We are on the same page I think.

And even then just as spirit may be described in such a way, so can mind. Once you strip away the notion of the egocentric consciousness and examine "mind" it is impossible for me to identify how it is different from spirit. Why is water a liquid? Why does a solid hold its form? Is it because of the spirit of material or the mind "thinking the thoughts" of material?

To presume that animated life forms are privileged with consciousness in a way that everything else is denied is the only way it is possible to suppose that spirit and mind are different.
    I take your meaning re the golden triangle, and unbounded form, and it is connected to your second point. Here is where words become clumsy, as we are speaking in separate terms of qualities and energies which are not intrinsically separate from one another, and indeed when they are truly aligned and merged, the type of creating flowing forth feels, looks and behaves in and through the natural harmonies of the unbounded, infinitely expanding state (exemplified in the golden triangle, for instance)...whereas when the mind, soul, emotions and/or body (appear to be) split from Source/Spirit, and therefore split (to whatever degree) from each other, the creating feels discordant, and goes into the dissonance of control, victimhood, dominance etc.
    So I would see water is liquid and a solid holds its form by the way Spirit (directly, indirectly or through individuated souls) wields its aspect we call 'mind'. Do you feel what I mean? They are not separate. And therefore consciousness is an attribute expressed through all that exists...

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Joanna For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (5th May 2016), lcam88 (5th May 2016), pointessa (8th May 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Good!

Words indeed are quite clumsy.

Natural harmonies do include decay, dissonance and discord. Thinking of the perfect apple that falls from the tree, goes rotten and becomes soil.

So the issue is then of perspective, and only perspective. The way we choose to slice the pie which, inevitably, must be sliced. One part could be the ego, the other the heart, it really depends on how we look at it.

Thanks for playing.

I think the following is worth quoting again.
    Of course, this is just my experience...yet I trust it more than all the theories in the world.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lcam88 For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (5th May 2016), Joanna (5th May 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    reading this thread brought an essay to mind that i wrote ....spent some time digging around for it and find the relevant piece

Quote: Matthew 6 King James

22 The light (1) of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light(2). 23 But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light(3) that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!

The word evil in Greek is "poneros" which means "hurtful"
    and is derived from the word "ponos" which means "anguish or pain or toil"
    which has its roots in the word "penes" / "peno" (to toil for daily subsistence)
    ....starving/needful/poor/distressed.

The word darkness in Greek is "skotos" which means obscurity/shadiness,
    and it is derived from the word "skia" which means shade or shadow (ie: the darkness of error).

The word light is actually 3 different greek words:

1) "photeinos" = lustrous / transparent / well illuminated

2) "luchnos"- a portable lamp/illuminator (like a candle)

This comes from the root word "leukos" = light or white

3) "phos" = to shine or make manifest, espec. by rays (luminousness)

fire / light

This word comes from the root "phemi" = "to show or make known one's thoughts (speak, say).

So building upon all this:
    the luster of the self is in your perception.
    When your perception is complete you will be an illuminator.

If you are deprived/starved of perception you will be trapped in error/shadow.

If your thoughts based on your perceptions are in obscurity, then how great is the degree of that obscurity?

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ZShawn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (6th May 2016), Dreamtimer (9th May 2016), Joanna (6th May 2016), lcam88 (7th May 2016), pointessa (8th May 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,125 Times in 173 Posts
    Last night I was reading a post on a blog titled soulmindspirit

That post is titled War for the Souls

I sent the link to a friend via e-mail who has that same view... that it is all ultimately about a war for the soul.

In my friend's response was this line (paraphrased) - "that website is correct... ALL that is now occurring is a battle for all souls."

That same friend had asked me just a week ago to obtain and read a book entitled - Rulers of the Earth: Secrets of the Sons of God

The book arrived last Saturday.

Note that the same friend who told me it is ALL about a battle for the soul also told me in an e-mail in bold writing that the key is to... know thyself.

Anyways, I cracked it open two nights ago and the very first section is called -

Part One - Know Thyself

Anyways, all these synchronicities are interesting. Yet I am now beginning to conclude, as dreamtimer suggested, perhaps these synchronicities are not (at least in part) shaped by a benevolent hand.

I have found in the past that some of the events that I thought were quite profound synchronicities, were really more mundane events that I tied together in my mind to give them more significance than was perhaps due. I wanted some sort of greater cosmic significance than perhaps the events deserved. I think I do this when I am desperate for meaning in my life and it is in no way conscious self deception. I am in not suggesting that you are doing this. Just for consideration, what if your friend stated "know thyself" simply because he was thinking about the book he recommended to you and remembered the title of the first chapter?

Anyway, Sam, I think the world of you. You seem to be such an honest, humble seeker of truth and I totally respect you for it.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pointessa For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (9th May 2016), Joanna (9th May 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Synchronicities, to me, are simply the converging, or aligning, of energies (as events, words, happenings, people, beings etc) according to our focus. If we are conscious creators, aware of the multiple 'layers' of our creative output - the way in which we're creating in every moment, every breath - then the appearance of matching energies in our reality and perception is normal, the natural flow of life.
    When people are unaware of how they create, then they don't see how their focus pulls energies into their experience, and the convergence of like energies will seem miraculous (if it's pleasant/enjoyable/uplifting) or evil (if it's unpleasant/frightening/painful), and the more their focus gets connected or attached to the energies flowing into their experience, the more is drawn in, which will then reinforce their belief that they are lucky or unlucky, blessed or cursed, guided or abandoned by higher powers and so forth.
    When you focus into life from a state of joy, love and I would say, providence, without conditions or expectations that can narrow the passage of the flow, and those like energies are converging into your personal field, your 'I' experience, freely - then you are in that moment allowing the inner guidance of that which is joyful, loving, and providential to stream to and through you, no matter what 'environment' you're currently experiencing in....

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joanna For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (9th May 2016), lcam88 (9th May 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Synchronicities, to me, are an interesting point where we see start to see unity in our reality.

Something I got from Jon Rappaport put that into perspective that finally mades sense:

"It had a deep emotional effect on them. It was as if many different realities had come together to form this single mass, like separate pieces clicking into place."

...induced a profound passivity in his patients, as if they'd come upon a force greater than anything they could overcome...

False unities are the meat and potatoes of very high-level propaganda. They are launched in politics, economics, organized religion, science, psychology, the military, mind control, in all the academic disciplines.

As an analogy, consider a painting in which the three-dimensional perspective has been radically shortened to eliminate the background. But the background is really where all the action is. The foreground is the false Oneness.
    It is important to point out that the context Mr Rappaport specifically referes to is something he found AIDS patients seem to encounter as a symbol, word or geometric shape while under hypnosis. A "brick sky" type monolith that broadcasts a message 'This is Reality'.

People gravitate to single causes, single explanations, single symbols in every area of life, and they don't penetrate further.
    My contention is to suppose that those synchronicities we do find in our midst is either because a type of imprinted program trying to pacify our venture into "the action", or perhaps the breakdown of that program where we start to notice more signs of the action. My inclination is the latter and I'm supposing that we all have this malignant "program", perhaps something genetic, altering our awareness and focus so as to remain unaware of the action.

Noticing interesting coincidences is noteworthy then, not because of something noticed, but because of something yet unnoticed happening.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lcam88 For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (9th May 2016), Joanna (10th May 2016)