Thread: Video of UFO at Bagdad Cafe - Newberry Springs, CA 23 Oct, 2011

Thanks

Video of UFO at Bagdad Cafe - Newberry Springs, CA 23 Oct, 2011

Hey you guys! I've had an interesting few months.

After catching the documentary Austrailen Skies, I thought it would be cool to look back on some video footage I hadn't really reviewed yet to see if there was anything interesting going on in the sky.

I was very surprised to find a more than a few, but then again I live in a hotspot of sorts, so I shouldn't be surprised. The Mojave Desert is especially a hotspot, and amongst the captures I found two more from that area. I hope to share them here in the the next few months.

But this one is kind of special to me.

Bagdad Cafe is a cult classic film directed by Percy Adlon starring CCH Pounder, Marianne Sagebrecht and the late Jack Palance.

The film was shot at the location of the Sidewinder Cafe...miles away from the original Bagdad Cafe in the no longer existing Bagdad, California.

After the film was released, the owner Andrea Pruett renamed it to Bagdad Cafe. The location is off the 40 freeway in Newberry Springs, CA...east of Barstow.

A solar tower and its rays in the sky was a repeating image in the film...one that reminded me of some kind of intelligence in the sky. In fact, much of Mojave reminds me of a place where humans and other intelligences might mingle at times.

This particular day, we had just visited the cafe and grounds, and were on our way to Joshua Tree. The man is walking by and my friend is starting the truck engine as the shot begins. I'm filming the sign of the motel featured in the movie, and right as the woman gets underneath the tree, a blip shoots by in the sky at a slight arc.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqfJw3d_dfo

Ironically, I was with the same friend on another trip to Mojave the following January, and we saw the same thing--which looked like a cylinder-- fly by one night, much much larger and closer to us, with a blue outline of light around it.

This object is not a drone. Drones cannot take off quite that fast.

It is not a bug...it is larger than that and clearly goes behind the telephone post and motel sign.

The movement is typical of other captures I've seen where an object will streak through the background of the shot...not noticeable to the naked eye.

When people have say this phenomenon cannot easily be seen "because it exists on a higher frequency", here is an example. Unless you have incredibly awesome vision, you would never see this happening real time.

I noticed the UFO activity in this clip almost five years after the fact. I feel folks should check out the background of their videos and photos. You never know what else you might have captured!

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to jimisroomtv For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (9th March 2016), boja (9th March 2016), bsbray (9th March 2016), citsym (9th March 2016), Elen (9th March 2016), Joanna (11th March 2016), sandy (9th March 2016), scibuster (9th March 2016), The One (9th March 2016), yobear (9th March 2016)

(account terminated)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,074 Times in 359 Posts
    I like Bagdad cafe.
    Thank you for this little moscito movie.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to scibuster For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (9th March 2016)