Page 26 of 200 FirstFirst ... 16232425262728293676126 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump: Illusion, Mist and Bought?

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    I'm gonna take the OP's elements one by one and just make some observations.

Illusion

It's said that Trump is a good businessman. Actually, he's really a promoter. Of himself. My dad was the one who originally pointed out to me that after his massive bankruptcies his method of doing business became selling his name and letting others do the actual building and running of businesses. And then there's the Reality TV show.

Trump also made sure he was paid whether or not he ran a business to succeed. Bankruptcy? No problem. Donald always gets paid.

And when your contractors come in your office and you tell them you'll pay them 10% or else nothing and they can take you to court, what do they do? Well, if they want any money they usually eventually settle. And he conveniently has them write checks to his charitable foundation. (Yes, that's improper). You can start with USAToday and go from there. http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/p...uits/85297274/

He loves women, right? He says it all the time. As long as they rate an 8 or more, they're under 35 and not fat...

'Locker room talk' is an Illusion. What he talked about was his actions which he gets away with because he's rich and famous. And it was most certainly not in a locker room type setting.

My husband laments regularly the fact that when he's alone with men they think he wants to hear crass comments about women and brag about exploits. He doesn't.

Mist

Awareness and understanding of women. It's gravely lacking.

"[I]t seems fair to say that, if Trump loses the election, it will be because women voted against him. I took a look at how men and women split their votes four years ago, according to polls conducted in November 2012. On average, Mitt Romney led President Obama by 7 percentage points among men, about the same as Trump’s 5-point lead among men now. But Romney held his own among women, losing them by 8 points, whereas they’re going against Trump by 15 points."
    http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...-donald-trump/

"42 percent of all Republican women serving in Congress or as governor have now stated that they do not support Trump, versus just 17 percent of the men." http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...st-as-men-are/

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...nt-a-pollster/

fivethirtyeight is not a polling site. It does't take any polls. It does analyze them. And it does it better than anyone. And it's not partisan. Nate Silver got his start with sports statistics. He knows numbers.

The article shows Trump tweets thanking the site for the great polls. It's actually the Ipsos poll that was reported on the site. "FiveThirtyEight aggregates polls and produces forecasts based mostly on that poll aggregation."

"It can be difficult to find the Ipsos poll on the website of its sponsor (Reuters), and most aggregators do not include the Ipsos States of the Nation surveys. FiveThirtyEight, though, aims to be as inclusive as possible, as long as the poll is real and not sponsored by Hillary Clinton or Trump’s campaign or one of their super PACs."

"Next time, perhaps, Trump can link to our actual forecasts (which currently show him trailing in the presidential race) and not just the more favorable polls for him “featured” on FiveThirtyEight."

Now, why would he do that? It might clear away some mist. (I'm thinking of the German language right now...)

As examined here: http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...polls-suggest/

The economy is falling apart and the mood is dire... Actually, not so much.

"Bill Fox sells cars... [and] like other car dealers, Fox is seeing near-record sales: Somehow, he said, consumers don’t seem as worried about the economy as the pundits say they are."

"“We’re not seeing [anger] at all,” said Fox"

"That kind of optimism might be surprising in a year when Donald Trump, at least according to one dominant media narrative, rode a wave of economic anxiety to the Republican presidential nomination and when voters routinely cite the economy as a top concern."

"Yet even as Americans tell political pollsters that they are worried about the economy, they tell a different story in a separate set of surveys that are used by economists and investors to forecast consumer spending behavior."

"Tuesday, the Conference Board’s Consumer Confidence Index, hit a nine-year high. The index is still well below its all-time high, set in 2000, but is as good as during Ronald Reagan’s “Morning in America” era of the mid-1980s. A rival survey from the University of Michigan finds consumers a bit less cheery but is still consistent with a solid economy. (On the other hand, the less well-known Bloomberg Consumer Comfort Index has fallen sharply in September, although it is still up significantly over the past few years.) Even people with only a high-school education — whose economic woes are often cited in media reports explaining Trump’s rise — are about as confident today as they were before the recession began, according to the Michigan survey."

"Political and economic surveys serve different purposes. Political polls seek to predict or explain voter behavior; confidence surveys are used by economists and investors looking for an early hint about how consumers will behave in the months ahead."

"As far as markets are concerned, though, there’s no question which set of surveys is better. Investors get paid for being right, not for choosing the right ideological team; they long ago learned to pay attention to the confidence data, not political polls or accompanying noise, to understand consumer moods that affect behavior in the ways that count."

Newt Gingrich straight out declared he was going with emotions over fact regarding the mood of his base.

Bought

It's fascinating how someone who owes so much to so many hasn't been bought at all... I'm pretty sure he couldn't be beholden to anyone but himself.

There are some who think he's positioning himself to make money from the base after the election. "There has been speculation that Trump and Bannon are working on a business plan to cash in on the GOP base after the election. But they are now in the business of politics, and the Republican Party is both their mark and market. If Trump was debating Clinton on Sunday night, he surely lost. But Trump and Bannon may well have been debating Ryan and McConnell, not Clinton.

November is a short horizon. There is money -- and much more -- to be made from the GOP's soul. It's now clearer than ever that Trump and Bannon intend to own it."
    https://www.bloomberg.com/view/artic...the-gop-s-soul

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (12th October 2016), Aragorn (13th October 2016), Cearna (14th October 2016), Elen (13th October 2016), Gio (15th October 2016), lcam88 (27th October 2016), modwiz (12th October 2016), sandy (13th October 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts
    Yip he be bought, he doing a shocking job atm and past knocking on his door but Hillery health and past getting even worse >

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (13th October 2016), Cearna (14th October 2016), Dreamtimer (13th October 2016), Elen (13th October 2016), Gio (15th October 2016)

(account terminated) United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,648 Times in 2,895 Posts
    The media is on full force, and stuff like what you're posting isn't making it to MSM Aianawa.

Do you still think this election is just another staged puppet election, with this much dirt coming out on all sides? What do you think the rationale behind that might be, Aianawa?

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bsbray For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (13th October 2016), Cearna (14th October 2016), Dreamtimer (16th October 2016), Elen (13th October 2016), Gio (15th October 2016), modwiz (13th October 2016)

Thanks
    FFS now I am back to I Don't Know again, after watching this vid >

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (15th October 2016), Cearna (5th November 2016), Dreamtimer (16th October 2016), Elen (15th October 2016), Gio (15th October 2016), modwiz (15th October 2016)

Thanks
    If you lived in the US, understood our popular political issues and had been watching the political networking (or lack thereof) surrounding Trump's hostile takeover of the Republican party, and really it was a hostile takeover of the Bushes' network, then you might have picked up on this earlier. I've been saying since last fall that a rogue faction of angry military officials must be backing Trump and that he isn't one of "them." If that isn't already apparent by this point then I sure hope it is to everyone before the election is over. It's probably easier to see that here than it is in NZ where our brand of conservative politics would no doubt go over poorly. We don't have the same political traditions. From my perspective countries like NZ and Australia and maybe even Britain itself (though they really stepped up with the Brexit vote, so congratulations to them for that) are much farther along the NWO agenda timeline than US government has been, despite the role our military has played in the globalist agenda worldwide, and that's why we still have this opportunity to stop it now. This is not going to be politics as usual this fall, this is for real. A lot more is on the line than just who do you think is a nicer person. The policies are day and night, either stop globalism and the NWO in its tracks now or else allow it to continue worse than before. That is the real choice being made here and anyone who is not seeing that is not seeing this election in its proper global and historical context. Right and left are out the window.
    Last edited by bsbray, 15th October 2016 at 20:21.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to bsbray For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (15th October 2016), Aragorn (15th October 2016), Cearna (25th October 2016), Dreamtimer (16th October 2016), Elen (16th October 2016), modwiz (15th October 2016), Wind (16th October 2016)

Thanks
    Trump says the election is rigged — and his supporters are furious

By Matt Viser and Tracy Jan Globe Staff October 15, 2016

CINCINNATI — In an arena normally reserved for ice hockey, the Donald Trump crowd was on edge.

Some wore shirts with slogans like “[Expletive] Your Feelings” or, in reference to the female Democratic nominee, “Trump that Bitch.” Others had buckets of popcorn, ready for the show. When the media entourage entered, thousands erupted in boos.

Anger and hostility were the most overwhelming sentiments at a Trump rally in Cincinnati last week, a deep sense of frustration, an us-versus-them mentality, and a belief that they are part of an unstoppable and underestimated movement. Unlike many in the country, however, these hard-core Trump followers do not believe the real estate mogul’s misfortunes are of his own making.

They believe what Trump has told them over and over, that this election is rigged, and if he loses, it will be because of a massive conspiracy to take him down.
    https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/pol...dsM/story.html

Regardless of who finally wins in November, you know who is going to be on the right and wrong side of history of all the illegal rigging when all the dust settles, even if it takes unto our great great grandkids' generation to repair the damage. They'll look back on our mistakes today, if they are ever able to fix things at all, and the only impressive thing they'll see that we've done here is create one hell of a mess. I'm only about 30 years old so I only feel a limited amount of liability in all of this, as my generation has only become the most populous voting block in the current election. I look back on my parents' and grandparents' generation and ask myself, what have voters (and non-voters through their apathy) allowed, for the current situation to be like it is? What is the origin of the political mess my generation is now taking control of through its voting demographics? Those are the first things that have to change. I see a lot of naivité to start with. I see videos of average people on the street taking what politicians say at face value. Not even in the 1800's were Americans that stupid.

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to bsbray For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (15th October 2016), Aragorn (15th October 2016), Cearna (25th October 2016), Dreamtimer (16th October 2016), Elen (16th October 2016), modwiz (15th October 2016), sandy (16th October 2016), Wind (16th October 2016)

Thanks

Peering through the Mist

Came across a fellow I haven't heard anything from in several years. He has a thing called The Closer. His name is Keith Olberman.

He started with sports and then moved to politics. He had a show on MSMNBC that had become huge due to it's 24/7 coverage of the Lewinsky scandal. A friend of his whom he describes as a woman from Connecticut gave him the inside scoop on the so-called "Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy".

"Vast right-wing conspiracy?!" she said, "There's like a dozen of us." Later, "Let me show you how this works." She took him up to her office and showed him a fax machine. She explained that she would receive faxes from a handful of people who had gossip or info about the Clintons. She would remove evidence of the machine that sent the fax and then give them to her brother who would pass them on to his friend, Drudge.

Some of those people sending faxes included a woman named KellyAnne and a guy whose last name began Bos...

The woman from Connecticut suggested to Keith that she could forward faxes to him as well for use on his show.

Keith relates being interviewed by Mary Matalin on her radio show. She asked him if he was liberal or conservative because she just couldn't tell.

The person that the woman from Connecticut supported, and apparently still does, is Trump. The KellyAnne was KellyAnne Fitzpatrick, now Conway. The man was David Bossy.

And the woman from Connecticut was Laura Ingram.

Typical Clinton exaggeration. Although the fax team was quite effective.

I like how Keith is a primary source in this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsIX...gr8VjMpQ5haPD6
    Last edited by Dreamtimer, 20th October 2016 at 12:24.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (21st October 2016), Cearna (25th October 2016), Elen (20th October 2016), modwiz (26th October 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,042 Times in 1,040 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Anastasia View Post
    Hillary is a symptom too. Would be nice to see that in an astrology report. Lots of hypocrisy coming from the matriarchal energy on this planet.
    This just arrived in my e-mail

Astrological Musings

Hillary Clinton birth time controversy

Posted: 24 Oct 2016 05:16 AM PDT

Many astrologers are hard at work trying to predict the outcome of the election. Over the past year astrologers have come out in favour of both candidates for a variety of reasons. My personal feeling is that when astrologers attempt to predict the future and fail it gives the noble field of astrology a bad rap, when the fault is not in the astrology but in the fact that the future cannot be accurately predicted.

Anyway.

An accurate astrological reading is dependent upon accurate data. We can glean a great deal of information just from a birthdate,where a time of birth is not available. But an accurate time of birth sets up the structure of the chart – it shows the rising sign (persona) and the Midheaven (career) and describes the houses in which each planet lives and plots a general plan for our lives.

We have an accurate birth time for Donald Trump because his actual birth certificate was posted online. But Hillary Clinton has not produced a birth certificate, not surprising given her four planets in Scorpio and her Scorpionic penchant for secrecy and to keep her cards hidden in the game of politics.

Numerous birth times have been provided for Clinton. The most commonly used time until recently was 8 pm which would put her ascendant in the late degrees of Gemini, almost in Cancer. A rounded off birth time such as 8 pm is nearly always somewhat incorrect, usually early, and I always felt that a birth time even 10 minutes later with Cancer on the ascendant was a better fit. Cancer rising would explain her commitment to family and women’s issues in a way that the rest of her chart doesn’t, and also reflects her moon-shaped face. But astrology doesn’t always cooperate with our presupposed notions, and any speculative or “rectified” birth time is to be taken with a whole lot of grains of salt.

Recently there was a big upset in the world of professional astrology when respected astrologer Marc Penfield announced that he had a confirmed time of birth for Clinton that he would announce at an astrology conference which he did, claiming a birth time of 2:18 am that came from another astrologer who had gotten the time over the phone by calling the town in which she was born.

There is more anecdotal evidence for the 8 pm time than any other, so for now that’s the one I’m using and I advise my readers who follow these things to approach all unsupported birth times with a great deal of skepticism.

The post Hillary Clinton birth time controversy appeared first on Astrology readings and writings by Lynn Hayes.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cearna For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (25th October 2016), Aragorn (25th October 2016), Dreamtimer (25th October 2016), Elen (25th October 2016), lcam88 (27th October 2016), modwiz (26th October 2016)

Thanks
    The mainstream media here in New Zealand went absolutely to town on Trump last weekend, not a thing on Hillery, just story after story on Trump, hugely negative, talk back radio picked it up a wee bit but I feel the average kiwi just goes WoW pathetic.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (26th October 2016), Cearna (26th October 2016), Dreamtimer (26th October 2016), Elen (26th October 2016), lcam88 (27th October 2016), modwiz (26th October 2016)

Thanks
    Refusing to concede if he loses is pretty bad and makes us as a nation look bad. Is that what they were covering? There is a lot. And there are many, including Trump, that believe that any media coverage is good coverage, especially when it's free. If you're being covered, you matter.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (27th October 2016), Aragorn (26th October 2016), Cearna (27th October 2016), Elen (26th October 2016), modwiz (26th October 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,969 Times in 20,255 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    Refusing to concede if he loses is pretty bad and makes us as a nation look bad.
    I'm afraid the USA has already long been looking pretty bad as a nation to anyone other than its sycophants in the ostensibly pro-Acronymian countries — read: the EU, Australia, New Zealand, Israel and Saudi Arabia. If nothing else, then you can blame eight years of George W. Bush for that. But what I'm personally wondering about is what would happen — i.e. from the judicially technical point of view — when Donald Trump refuses to accept his electoral defeat. Because that's how it will be. Hillary is going to win the 2016 presidential elections, and Trump is going to refuse to accept the results. That's a given.

Hillary was already slated to win the 2016 elections from before Barack Obama ever became president the first time, just as it had already long been decided in advance that he in turn would win the 2008 elections over John McCain. Combining the information announced by Dan "Burisch" Craine in his Project Camelot interview regarding the alternate time line where Hillary would become president and start World War III — not that I believe that "Burisch" was truthful, but I think he blended certain truths with lies so as to plant the seeds and provide credibility to his testimony — with what Hillary herself has already announced she would do once she becomes president, I am fairly convinced that she's going to be the 45th president of the USA and subsequently start a nuclear war with Russia and Iran.

Back in 2007, Barack Obama was someone of whom nobody had ever heard, until he suddenly started running for Democratic nomination against Hillary Clinton. Hillary was told to back off and wait another eight more years, because The Powers That Be™ wanted to have a black man in the White House first before they'd put a woman in there. Jesse Jackson had tears in his eyes when Barack Obama was inaugurated in 2009 — not because he felt that Obama was going to be such a great president, but because Barack Obama is black, and Jesse Jackson is old enough to remember how and why Martin Luther King was murdered, as well as that Jackson himself eventually fell out of the race as well in 1984.

And now it's Hillary's turn, and so now the women who felt politically oppressed in the USA are going to vote for her because of her gender, regardless of the fact that her heart is so cold that she makes Margaret Thatcher look like Mother Theresa. The mainstream media are also doing their very best at promoting her, and so are the FBI, whose job — according to US federal law — should have been to indict her and bring her before a judge and a jury over charges of treason, perjury, blackmail, extortion, fraud and murder.

The only things that could stop Hillary from winning these elections would be that she either becomes medically incapacitated or that she's assassinated. The chances to the latter are of course pretty slim, given that she's surrounded by the Secret Service 24/7, and her medical staff is doing everything within their power to keep her Parkinson's seizures under control — at least, until she moves into the White House again.

Whether he knows it or not, Donald Trump has been undermining his own electoral chances by way of his outspoken xenophobic comments. Had he been wise enough to abstain from those, then his chances would have been strong enough to grant him continued support from the US Republican Party — he has already lost the support of a lot of Republican heavyweights such as Colin Powell and even George H.W. Bush — and then it might have become harder for The Powers That Be™ to twist the counting of the votes in such a way that Hillary would still come out as the winner.

Either way, as far as I'm concerned, politics are always a corrupted dog & pony show everywhere in the western world and especially in the USA, but what has been playing out on account of the 2016 elections so far is nothing short of a bad sideshow. Every time Donald Trump opens his mouth on public television, he's actually driving more people into Hillary Clinton's camp — and especially so the proponents of political correctness and hypocrisy — so I don't find it all that surprising that the idea is being coined that the only reason the Republicans were coaxed into nominating him as the Republican candidate was to do exactly that, i.e. to have him ensure Hillary's victory.

That doesn't mean that Donald Trump himself would be a willing participant in this charade, of course. I believe that he himself truly believes that he has a chance, and that he's willing to give this an honest go. But to the puppet masters behind the curtain, he's just a convenient tool for helping Hillary into the White House again, this time with her own trigger-happy fingers on the buttons for launching the nukes, rather than those of her husband.

So, does this mean that Barack Obama gets to stay on until the matter is resolved? Does it mean that martial law will have to be declared because Obama's reign is coming to an end and there is no consensus on who's going to succeed him? Is the USA going to erupt into another civil war because of the bigotry of the supporters of either candidate?

The US presidential elections have always been a circus act, but I do have to say that the 2016 issue trumps everything — pun not intended — in the sideshow department. It's even more decadent than a reality TV show. At least Ozzy Osbourne is entertaining.

= DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (27th October 2016), Cearna (27th October 2016), Dreamtimer (27th October 2016), Elen (26th October 2016), lcam88 (27th October 2016), modwiz (26th October 2016)

Thanks
    If there is evidence of fraud (already is, so check on that), and he refuses to concede a rigged election and let a psychopath illegally enter the White House, and it goes to the streets or whatever, they have my support 100%. What do you think, wars are only good for Middle Easterners? Was it the progressive thing to do, to sit around with a dumbfounded look while the American rebels drove the British out?

They say during the American Revolution, about 1/3 of the people were pro-revolution, about 1/3 were pro-Britain, and the last third either didn't care or didn't want to get into it. That sounds about the way things are shaping up today. We'll see who is the most serious about their opinions I guess.

This is what's wrong with soft, sissified, liberal America. You have a woman blatantly stealing the election, with video exposés showing her campaign organization openly talking about driving illegals from voting booth to vooting booth by the 100's if not 1000's, to vote 10 or 20 times, probably just about every day during early voting and then during the election too. They talk about all of this, openly stealing an election right in front of the American people and destroying our democratic process, and nobody on the left seems very upset about it. Seems like a pretty "ho hum" moment. But God forbid someone (Trump) be ****ed off enough by it, and has the fortitude to say that he won't accept the results if there is evidence of rigging, and suddenly everyone is scared of democracy being violated. Do I need to explain the stupidity and hypocrisy exhibited here or am I coming through clear enough?
    Last edited by bsbray, 26th October 2016 at 17:09.

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to bsbray For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (27th October 2016), Aragorn (26th October 2016), Cearna (27th October 2016), Dreamtimer (27th October 2016), Elen (27th October 2016), lcam88 (27th October 2016), modwiz (26th October 2016)

Thanks
    I see judgements being given as statements of fact. It's been a long time now that Republicans have been acting like everything that goes against them is somehow rigged. It's another drum beat. It's well known that when you say something over and over and over people believe it. The evidence has not borne out voter ID as an effective solution. And it most certainly does not justify revolution.

My brother used to know that most of our national budget has gone to defense throughout both of our adult lives. Now, he does't know that anymore. Because the drumbeat keeps telling him something different.

Gingrich trained his followers in use of language, not policy. Hit 'em with talking points and just keep hitting relentlessly. I've seen many spill out here. He never wanted dialogue. He wanted linguistic attacks 24/7.

The whole nation is not liberal and sissified. And to call everyone who disagrees with (the right kind of) Republicans worthy of disdain or even death has no honor.

Clinton does not justify this stuff and I'm sick and tired of watching 'liberals' be put on the stake for the sins of all of us.

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (28th October 2016), Aragorn (27th October 2016), Cearna (28th October 2016), Elen (27th October 2016), lcam88 (27th October 2016), modwiz (28th October 2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    I see judgements being given as statements of fact. It's been a long time now that Republicans have been acting like everything that goes against them is somehow rigged. It's another drum beat. It's well known that when you say something over and over and over people believe it. The evidence has not borne out voter ID as an effective solution. And it most certainly does not justify revolution.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUDTcxIqqM0

Please watch this before we continue this conversation, just so I know that you are actually reading and paying attention to what I am saying. It's only four minutes. Then you can tell me how outraged you are about Trump.

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to bsbray For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (28th October 2016), Cearna (28th October 2016), Dreamtimer (28th October 2016), Elen (27th October 2016), lcam88 (27th October 2016), modwiz (28th October 2016), Wind (28th October 2016)

Thanks
    That was a pretty damning vid Bsbray.

makes so little sense to me, has it always been so corrupt ?.

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

bsbray (28th October 2016), Cearna (28th October 2016), Dreamtimer (28th October 2016), Elen (28th October 2016), modwiz (28th October 2016)