Page 114 of 200 FirstFirst ... 1464104111112113114115116117124164 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 2998

Thread: Trump: Illusion, Mist and Bought?

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    From Ratszinger at PA:

"It's a good article as most of Brandon's are but he seems to miss that many people dismiss the charges against Trump simply because we spend eight fricking years listening to the left dismiss one fact after another about Obama, his phony birth certificate, his fake SS number, his locked up suspect collegiate history (I mean really who else can go everywhere all over the world claiming to be a Constitutional Scholar yet never once have to prove that statement?) which if you think about it the way Obama's past is locked up if that were Trump they'd never have let any of it slide yet this all slips right by Brandon like he forgot about the eight years before Trump!

I can counter that I have witnessed people on the Left train dismiss in the exact same way that directly relates to why the right behaves as they do now and you can see that the disregard for much of the charges against Trump simply must be politically motivated tit for tat for exactly that....the last eight years!!I pick up that Brandon has now changed his stance on things also. When did he become neutral? He has always seemed to lean left to me in many ways."

I worked with the brother of a Dr. Ramirez, who is now chairman of the Law Department at Texas Tech University. Dr. Ramirez took over Barack Obama's position as President of the Harvard Law Review after Obama's graduation from the law school.

I'm open to answer questions regarding the above statement.
    Last edited by Emil El Zapato, 4th January 2020 at 15:42.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (6th January 2020), Dreamtimer (5th January 2020)

Thanks
    Apparently he got a demotion which doesn't surprise if he is like his brother (a-hole) I was incorrect in the earlier post...Obama took the reins of the Harvard Law Review from Dr. Ramirez

Jorge A. Ramírez
    Walter and Anne Huffman Professor of Law, 2000
    Email: jorge.ramirez@ttu.edu

Phone: (806) 834-5466

Professor Ramírez was born and raised in McAllen, Texas, to parents who always encouraged him to pursue higher education and his love of teaching. His passion for teaching has earned him a reputation as an exceptional instructor among colleagues across the Texas Tech University campus and across the globe. He is a past recipient of the “Chancellor's Council Distinguished Teaching Award,” which is the highest teaching award bestowed within the Texas Tech University System; and he received the prestigious “Person of the Year” award from Vytautas Magnus University in Kaunas, Lithuania for his teaching and scholarly contributions to that institution.

Professor Ramírez received his Bachelor's degree in Economics from Harvard College and his law degree from Harvard Law School, where he earned a position as an editor of the prestigious Harvard Law Review.

His career experiences include work in law, government and business, as well as academics. After earning his degree in Economics, but prior to returning to Harvard for his law studies, Professor Ramirez worked as a Marketing Representative for IBM. Following law school, he served as a law clerk to the Honorable Homer Thornberry, on the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, and followed that service by practicing in three areas of the legal profession: commercial litigation, poverty law, and non-profit law. He first practiced as a commercial litigator with the firm of Susman Godfrey LLP in Houston, focusing on issues involving breach of contract, fraud, and anti-competitive behavior. Three years later, he accepted an offer from Texas Rural Legal Aid to become managing attorney for the Farm Worker Health and Safety Project in Weslaco, Texas, where he initiated and managed environmental and occupational safety litigation for indigent clients injured throughout the United States. In 1996, Professor Ramírez became executive director of the Texas Democratic Party and later served as acting general counsel. He started teaching at Texas Tech in the year 2000.

Professor Ramírez managed the international programs at the law school from 2000-2016, serving as Associate Dean for International Programs from 2012-2016, and successfully implementing the multi-organizational approval process for the law school's first Master of Laws (LLM) program.

His current teaching and research focuses on international law, and he is a highly sought-after lecturer. He has taught dozens of international law courses or seminars in the countries of Bolivia, China, Costa Rica, Paraguay, Lithuania and Mexico. In addition, he has created, administered and/or taught summer and semester abroad programs for Texas Tech in Denmark, France, Germany, Lithuania, Mexico and Spain. He has also traveled in a professional capacity to the countries of Brazil, China, England, France, Germany and Switzerland, where he had the opportunity to meet with foreign colleagues to address issues of legal and business education.

In January of 2007, he was one of seven members of the Texas Lyceum Association (a statewide leadership organization) to be invited by the Central Party School (“CPS”) of the Communist Party of China to participate in an educational and cultural exchange program. The CPS serves as the Communist Party's ideological research institute and as the main training program for cadres slated for senior posts. Among other things, Ramirez participated in discussions with CPS leaders in both Beijing and Shenzhen, the first city in China to experiment with capitalism. In May of 2006, he was selected as one of five professionals to travel to Brazil as a participant in a Group Study Exchange Program ("GSP") sponsored by the International Rotary Foundation. The GSP provides participants with an opportunity to meet with colleagues in Brazil to discuss opportunities for collaboration, study and research. Professor Ramirez also participated in the "American Swiss Foundation Young Leaders Conference" held in Ermatingen, Switzerland in May, 2005. Participants in the Conference are nominated by prominent American and Swiss citizens and provide the next generation of leaders in Switzerland and the U.S. an opportunity to develop a deeper awareness of the other's perspective. The bipartisan group of fifty participants (half American and half Swiss) is selected on the basis of outstanding professional and personal achievement.

The United States military invited Professor Ramírez to teach a number of seminars on Humanitarian Law at various Bolivian military academies in that South American country as part of a cooperative agreement between the two countries.

Most recently, he was invited to teach a series of seminars on public international law to graduate law students at the Southwest University for Nationalities in Chengdu, China.

Professor Ramírez serves as an editor of the Baltic Journal of Law & Politics, a joint publication of the Faculty of Political Science and Diplomacy and the Faculty of Law of Vytautas Magnus University in Kaunas, Lithuania; and he's been the recipient of a number of awards recognizing his contributions to Texas Tech University including the Global Vision Lifetime Achievement Award for 2018, the Law School Faculty Service Award for 2011, the Faculty Distinguished Leadership Award for 2011, the Professor of the Year Award from the Hispanic Law Students Association for 2008-09, the President's Excellence in Teaching Award for 2006, Texas Tech College of Education Teaching Award in 2005, and the Texas Tech Alumni Association's New Faculty Award for 2002.

Professor Ramírez is admitted to practice in Texas, the U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit, and the U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Western Districts of Texas. He was elected as a Life Fellow of the Texas Bar Foundation in 2017, one of the highest honors bestowed upon a member of the State Bar of Texas.

Education
    • B.A., Harvard University, 1984
    • J.D., Harvard University, 1990

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (6th January 2020), Dreamtimer (5th January 2020)

Thanks
    It just occurred to me that it was G.w.b. cabinet member Alberto Gonzalez that was head of the Texas Tech Law School...now there is a bona-fide awipe...

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (6th January 2020), Elen (6th January 2020)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    From Ratszinger at PA:

"It's a good article as most of Brandon's are but he seems to miss that many people dismiss the charges against Trump simply because we spend eight fricking years listening to the left dismiss one fact after another about Obama, his phony birth certificate, his fake SS number, his locked up suspect collegiate history (I mean really who else can go everywhere all over the world claiming to be a Constitutional Scholar yet never once have to prove that statement?) which if you think about it the way Obama's past is locked up if that were Trump they'd never have let any of it slide yet this all slips right by Brandon like he forgot about the eight years before Trump!

I can counter that I have witnessed people on the Left train dismiss in the exact same way that directly relates to why the right behaves as they do now and you can see that the disregard for much of the charges against Trump simply must be politically motivated tit for tat for exactly that....the last eight years!!I pick up that Brandon has now changed his stance on things also. When did he become neutral? He has always seemed to lean left to me in many ways."

I worked with the brother of a Dr. Ramirez, who is now chairman of the Law Department at Texas Tech University. Dr. Ramirez took over Barack Obama's position as President of the Harvard Law Review after Obama's graduation from the law school.

I'm open to answer questions regarding the above statement.
    So we have an open admission that policy is about being mad at the left rather than issues that affect the nation as a whole.

No surprise there.

Alberto "I don't recall" Gonzales?

That should be on his headstone.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (6th January 2020), Elen (6th January 2020), Emil El Zapato (5th January 2020), Gio (8th February 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts
    Explained his truth well imo >

Thanks
    This is an analysis of the reasons why Trump might want to distract with war. There are many things coming down the line and coming out and he needs different headlines.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNP2L0JrSv8

I had forgotten who stood up in Congress to tell us about the WMDs in Iraq. It was VP Pence.

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (8th January 2020), Aragorn (7th January 2020), Elen (8th January 2020), Emil El Zapato (8th January 2020), Gio (8th February 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,969 Times in 20,255 Posts
    Given that this forum welcomes a fair degree of woo-woo, whereby reincarnation is accepted as factual by most of our members...

• Benito Amilcare Andrea Mussolini was born on the 29th of July 1883 and died on the 28th of April 1945.
    • Donald John Trump was born on the 14th of June 1946.

Make up your own mind...
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (8th January 2020), Dreamtimer (13th January 2020), Elen (8th January 2020), Emil El Zapato (8th January 2020), Gio (8th February 2020), Wind (7th January 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,305 Times in 7,220 Posts
    Here's some similarities between Trump and Mussolini.

Don't know how many of these are facts, but if they're true then it is very interesting...

They both were "problem children" and bullies who were sent to boarding schools as young men.
    They both were megalomaniacs, obsessed with themselves.
    They both had books published.
    They both denounced military interventions, only to later advocate and order military interventions.
    They both had children before they were married.
    They both had affairs while married.
    They both organized disparate right-wing groups into a cohesive political force.
    They both blamed their nations' economic problems on other nations that acted unfairly.
    They both advocated an aggressive foreign policy to arrest a purported national decline.
    They both painted a picture of a society in crisis that needed a strong leader to save it (i.e., them).
    They both stoked racial animosities and grievances of the majority against minorities.
    They both favored the "stick" over the "carrot" in dealing with unwanted "inferior" people.
    They both favored deportation of "inferior" people.
    They both saw darker-skinned people as "inferior" to white people.
    They both enlisted working-class voters against the left.
    They both mocked people they perceived as weak.
    They both glorified strength, power and "winning at all costs."
    They both claimed that only they could restore order and "save" their nations.
    They both became cults of one.
    They both denounced legitimate presses while employing propaganda lavishly themselves.
    They both demanded public displays of loyalty (in Trump's case, everyone saluting the flag during the national anthem).
    They both called for large sums of money to be spent on public works.
    They both supported their nation's dominant religion and were supported in return by religious leaders and their flocks.
    They both used the term "love" while sowing discord, hatred and intolerance.
    They both were wildly inconsistent; they said whatever suited "the mood of the moment."
    They both had no time or use for scruples.
    They both were patently unfit to hold any office, yet held the highest office nonetheless.
    Trumpism is eerily similar to fascism.

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (8th January 2020), Aragorn (7th January 2020), Dreamtimer (7th January 2020), Elen (8th January 2020), Emil El Zapato (8th January 2020), Gio (8th February 2020)

Thanks
    Yikes.

I haven't had indication in my dreams of upcoming fascist activities. I did have a warning dream about Sarah Palin before she came on the scene. I saw her face clearly and didn't know who she was. But I did know that she was inciting some very dangerous stuff. I tried to warn folks around me but was only able to help an adolescent boy who had a fervent expression. He listened to me and began to have second thoughts. It's like he was about to become a child militant and then changed his mind.

Trump is Palin on steroids, in possession of the bully pulpit and the nuclear codes.

17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (8th January 2020), Aragorn (8th January 2020), Elen (8th January 2020), Emil El Zapato (8th January 2020), Gio (8th February 2020), Wind (7th January 2020)

Thanks

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

modwiz (12th January 2020)

Thanks
    Aianawa, why doesn't that guy give a damn about the truth?

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (13th January 2020), Gio (8th February 2020)

Thanks
    Many are relying on the short memories of Americans. Like how they forgot why we went into Iraq, forgot how we took our eye off the ball in Afghanistan, forgot how many wars we've been lied into...

Now these folks are just being blatant because they figure it's a slam dunk and they'll just get away with it again. They always seem to forget the law of unintended consequences.

I just wish I knew how that law is going to manifest.

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (13th January 2020), Elen (14th January 2020), Emil El Zapato (8th February 2020), Gio (8th February 2020)

Thanks

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Emil El Zapato (8th February 2020), modwiz (7th February 2020)

Thanks
    Well created by creator >

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

modwiz (22nd January 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,305 Times in 7,220 Posts
    "Every time I hear a political speech or I read those of our leaders, I am horrified at having, for years, heard nothing which sounded human. It is always the same words telling the same lies. And the fact that men accept this, that the people’s anger has not destroyed these hollow clowns, strikes me as proof that men attribute no importance to the way they are governed; that they gamble – yes, gamble – with a whole part of their life and their so called 'vital interests."

~ Albert Camus

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Emil El Zapato (8th February 2020), Gio (8th February 2020)