Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Enjoying the New Templates and Platters ?

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts

Enjoying the New Templates and Platters ?

Goish getting hard to hold onto the old as such and embrace the new, yes ?.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (30th January 2018), Dreamtimer (28th January 2018), Dumpster Diver (28th January 2018), Elen (28th January 2018), Fred Steeves (30th January 2018), modwiz (28th January 2018)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 2,620 Posts
    I somehow read this as Templars and platitudes and was preparing a comment, but then reread it and now have no clue.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (30th January 2018), Aragorn (28th January 2018), Dreamtimer (28th January 2018), Elen (28th January 2018), Emil El Zapato (28th January 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Two of my family members have had their platters overfull for some time now. It looks like there's a lessening of the burden coming up, for one if not for both.

I went through five major transitions and entered a new stage of life a handful of years ago, so I've been having new templates for a while now.

I've always been on the cusp of the cusp of change. That means that the change that's happening now is quite big. Exponential, even.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (30th January 2018), Aragorn (28th January 2018), Dumpster Diver (28th January 2018), Elen (29th January 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,969 Times in 20,255 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    Two of my family members have had their platters overfull for some time now. It looks like there's a lessening of the burden coming up, for one if not for both.

I went through five major transitions and entered a new stage of life a handful of years ago, so I've been having new templates for a while now.

I've always been on the cusp of the cusp of change. That means that the change that's happening now is quite big. Exponential, even.
    I myself am not really seeing any of these changes as significant in and of themselves, rather than that I am seeing the changes manifest more rapidly, and in greater degrees of co-occurrence. In other words, there's an acceleration of the pace at which these changes are coming, and they're all happening at the same time. Kind of like the flexible vanes of a fan spreading out as the motor spins up — albeit that they could also be the tentacles of an ink-spewing octopus, or perhaps even more appropriately, the legs of a large and venomous spider.

In and of themselves, changes aren't necessarily indicative of any improvement. By the same token, they could just as easily be the symptoms of an upcoming catastrophe, as I alluded to in the last sentence to my paragraph here-above. After all, too many changes in too short a time is merely a fallback into chaos, and creation — whether spelled with an uppercase or lowercase initial — is the promotion of order, not of chaos. But sometimes, something is set up to fail, for whatever reason. Maybe because it never even had a future to begin with. And then the best way to create something better is to sweep all the old stuff off the table first. A cataclysm.

The current situation of rapid and hectic changes could be an omen of such an upcoming cataclysm, and quite frankly, if it is one, then it's the one humanity has had coming to it for a long time already. As a species, we've been down the wrong path way too far and for way too long, and the chances of getting us all on the right track again are becoming dangerously close to nil. As of last week or so, scientists have even placed the long hand of the Doomsday Clock at one minute to midnight. It had only been there once before, i.e. in 1953, at the height of the Cold War. So it would make sense that life, nature, the universe — or whatever you want to hold accountable for making the decision — has decided that we should all be allowed to wipe ourselves out, so that life may begin anew, and better.

"I take it you are here because of the ship."

"I am. How did they find the island?"

"You'll have to ask them when they get here."

"I don't have to ask. You brought them here. You're trying to prove me wrong, aren't you?"

"You are wrong."

"Am I? They come, they fight, they destroy, they corrupt. It always ends the same."

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."

We can all theorize until the cows come home about the cosmic influences on our solar system versus the politically accepted narrative of an anthropogenic climate change, either of which in combination with the degree of gratuitous pollution we've been bringing about on the planet (and even in outer space), but when I look at the intensity of the storms, droughts and floods that we've been seeing lately, then it is my impression — and I could of course be wrong — that the planet has decided that humanity's demise is either way unavoidable, and that it is merely lending us a hand in getting us to extinction just that little bit sooner than we'd get there on our own accord.

Color me a blackguard — because that's what life has turned me into, and I will admit to that — but this is the way I see it. The planet has been here for four billion years. To the best of our knowledge, we've been here for only anywhere between a few hundreds of thousands of years (in the official narrative) to a couple of million years (in the alternative narrative). And yet, in that short amount of time, the only thing we always seem to accomplish — and we already have, on several occasions — is to become corrupted and destroy ourselves. Even the path toward our demise is pretty much the same with each round of trial and error — a combination of arrogance, greed and a lust for power, met with complacency, a lack of responsibility, decadence, and ultimately also the celebration of all things perverse.

Don't get me wrong. There are some really wonderful individuals on this planet. Beacons of enlightenment, inspiration, compassion and true altruistic love. But sadly enough, these few gems are not representative of humanity as a species. On the contrary, such individuals are (politically or socially) persecuted, bullied, and slaughtered on the altar of society — even within the "alternative community", because this so-called "alternative community" isn't anywhere near as alternative as it thinks it is.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: just because one believes in extraterrestrial visitation and/or reincarnation does not make one "alternative", anymore than that the US Democrats would be "alternative" when the US Republicans are the ones observing the watch at the White House, or than that any religion would be "alternative" to materialist science. There's no point in moving about between different rooms on the same floor when the answers are only to be found on the next floor up.

The idiots will always have strength in numbers, and nowadays they also have strength in weapons of mass destruction. That is, if the less conspicuous but nevertheless just as devastating aspects of our civilization — such as our consumerist attitude, the gratuitous pollution of our planet and our artificial-scarcity-based society model — don't get us there first. Or an artificial intelligence which infallibly follows the directives that have been programmed into it by very fallible human beings, thereby amplifying human fallibility and elevating it to uncorrectable levels. Not that I see a Terminator scenario happening any time soon, but I'm just mentioning it because artificial intelligence is Yet Another Hype™, both among its advocates and among its detractors. And we're so good at creating (and feeding into) hypes, aren't we?

So yeah, I think Earth is simply having a long overdue spring cleaning. And I wouldn't be surprised if that is why the ETs have come to visit us. After all, wherever you're from in the universe, it doesn't happen every day that you get to witness an entire species of idiots destroying themselves all over again for the umpteenth time.

"They're made out of meat."

"Meat?"

"Meat. They're made out of meat."

"Meat?"

"There's no doubt about it. We picked up several from different parts of the planet, took them aboard our recon vessels, and probed them all the way through. They're completely meat."

"That's impossible. What about the radio signals? The messages to the stars?"

"They use the radio waves to talk, but the signals don't come from them. The signals come from machines."

"So who made the machines? That's who we want to contact."

"They made the machines. That's what I'm trying to tell you. Meat made the machines."

"That's ridiculous. How can meat make a machine? You're asking me to believe in sentient meat."

"I'm not asking you, I'm telling you. These creatures are the only sentient race in that sector and they're made out of meat."

"Maybe they're like the orfolei. You know, a carbon-based intelligence that goes through a meat stage."

"Nope. They're born meat and they die meat. We studied them for several of their life spans, which didn't take long. Do you have any idea what's the life span of meat?"

"Spare me. Okay, maybe they're only part meat. You know, like the weddilei. A meat head with an electron plasma brain inside."

"Nope. We thought of that, since they do have meat heads, like the weddilei. But I told you, we probed them. They're meat all the way through."

"No brain?"

"Oh, there's a brain all right. It's just that the brain is made out of meat! That's what I've been trying to tell you."

"So ... what does the thinking?"

"You're not understanding, are you? You're refusing to deal with what I'm telling you. The brain does the thinking. The meat."

"Thinking meat! You're asking me to believe in thinking meat!"

"Yes, thinking meat! Conscious meat! Loving meat. Dreaming meat. The meat is the whole deal! Are you beginning to get the picture or do I have to start all over?"

"Omigod. You're serious then. They're made out of meat."

"Thank you. Finally. Yes. They are indeed made out of meat. And they've been trying to get in touch with us for almost a hundred of their years."

"Omigod. So what does this meat have in mind?"

"First it wants to talk to us. Then I imagine it wants to explore the Universe, contact other sentiences, swap ideas and information. The usual."

"We're supposed to talk to meat."

"That's the idea. That's the message they're sending out by radio. 'Hello. Anyone out there. Anybody home.' That sort of thing."

"They actually do talk, then. They use words, ideas, concepts?"

"Oh, yes. Except they do it with meat."

"I thought you just told me they used radio."

"They do, but what do you think is on the radio? Meat sounds. You know how when you slap or flap meat, it makes a noise? They talk by flapping their meat at each other. They can even sing by squirting air through their meat."

"Omigod. Singing meat. This is altogether too much. So what do you advise?"

"Officially or unofficially?"

"Both."

"Officially, we are required to contact, welcome and log in any and all sentient races or multibeings in this quadrant of the Universe, without prejudice, fear or favor. Unofficially, I advise that we erase the records and forget the whole thing."

"I was hoping you would say that."

"It seems harsh, but there is a limit. Do we really want to make contact with meat?"

"I agree one hundred percent. What's there to say? 'Hello, meat. How's it going?' But will this work? How many planets are we dealing with here?"

"Just one. They can travel to other planets in special meat containers, but they can't live on them. And being meat, they can only travel through C space. Which limits them to the speed of light and makes the possibility of their ever making contact pretty slim. Infinitesimal, in fact."

"So we just pretend there's no one home in the Universe."

"That's it."

"Cruel. But you said it yourself, who wants to meet meat? And the ones who have been aboard our vessels, the ones you probed? You're sure they won't remember?"

"They'll be considered crackpots if they do. We went into their heads and smoothed out their meat so that we're just a dream to them."

"A dream to meat! How strangely appropriate, that we should be meat's dream."

"And we marked the entire sector unoccupied."

"Good. Agreed, officially and unofficially. Case closed. Any others? Anyone interesting on that side of the galaxy?"

"Yes, a rather shy but sweet hydrogen core cluster intelligence in a class nine star in G445 zone. Was in contact two galactic rotations ago, wants to be friendly again."

"They always come around."

"And why not? Imagine how unbearably, how unutterably cold the Universe would be if one were all alone ..."

(written by Terry Bisson)

But hey, what do I know?

Addendum: Just a few highlights from the news...

• Volkswagen Admits To Testing Diesel Fumes On Monkeys

How humane. But then again, let's not forget that the Volkswagen brand was created by none other than Adolf Hitler, who himself also turned out to have developed a strange habit of exposing human beings to toxic gasses. No seriously, you just can't make up stuff like that.

I think I'll rest my case...
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (30th January 2018), Dreamtimer (30th January 2018), Dumpster Diver (31st January 2018), Elen (30th January 2018), enjoy being (30th January 2018), Fred Steeves (30th January 2018), Wind (30th January 2018), Zebowho (30th January 2018)

Thanks
    Will keep the positive narrative now and future wise and create more as I feel it, dark dunnygin vibrats at just that but indeed needed for intuition and experience, difference between a plate and a platter ?.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (30th January 2018), Dreamtimer (30th January 2018), Dumpster Diver (31st January 2018), Elen (30th January 2018), enjoy being (30th January 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,685 Times in 2,094 Posts
    There is an underlying importance in balance. Maybe physics and biology have emulated design by a process of elimination. In-that the amazing machines made in nature, within living things, the valves and pumps and levery gadgets.. may just have arrived upon success through succession of failures? Time making the wine, emulating design.
    Or perhaps there is design.. the chicken and the egg comes to mind though. Or like a scafold of braces and struts, a food chain, a system in which items serve purposes to maintain integrity to the structure.. each is there because it hasnt yet failed, again a case of vantage point.
    Some believe that many things happen purely to rebalance or at least maintain balance. Our human view has my country being colonised for human reasons, where some might say that the humans were enticed to come here via the will of the planet to bring introduced species of animal and plant to replace jobs which were once filled by then and still extinct species such as the moa. A cute notion that much of our self involved reasons for why we think things happen are not necessarily even remotely true.

One thing is for sure, or surely can be seen, is that within the attempts to peer at this balance notion, or design evidence, in which the narrow parameters allowing life seem so miraculous, yet by turning the binoculars backwards we might just say that the sort of life that can grow in said petri dish ..just grew, as a matter of fact, (and of succession of errors and eventual elimination.. or even survival of the fittest) (within the confines of the parameters)(template if you must).
    But the thing for certain is that we must play some role. For many, that may not even be a thought in this way I attempt to describe. Many in some versions of human civs we have, would unconsciously have decided we are only here to enjoy and to consume, some may think we are here to garden and cross pollinate diversity, perhaps in the vein that birds aerially spread seed by pooping as they go about their business, but they are not aware of their role.
    There is an equal chance we have a less romantic or honourable role. Or maybe we are useful as multipurpose place holders for all kinds of roles? A set of roles which most definately include that of destoyers, dismantlers or transmuters.
    The gag seemingly being that we have transformed the petridish into a climate in which many of these roles are becoming either obsolete, surplus, or detrimental to the original purpose. The grand cycle of human civilizations does seem to be that, a cycle, rather than a constant inclining line of progress. Which would be a good sign that our species has some purpose in the game of balance.
    A much healthier way to look at it than the general attitude that the world is all of the earth and is our oyster.
    Last edited by enjoy being, 30th January 2018 at 08:45.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (1st February 2018), Aragorn (30th January 2018), Dreamtimer (30th January 2018), Dumpster Diver (31st January 2018), Elen (30th January 2018)

Thanks
    I'm laughing at the meat bit. We're the freaks of the galaxy.

I'm happy to call the idea that the world is our oyster arrogant.

It's our home, we're it's children and showing gratitude means showing respect. There have been human cultures that understand this and respect the earth we live on. The Law and sword that Modwiz spoke of has worked hard to destroy the respect and regard. The consumerism is devouring the material with voracity.

If most of us are destroyed, some will still survive, I think. On a mountain, in a cave, somewhere. Just as life can be found in all kinds of unexpected places, humans can survive in unexpected circumstances.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (1st February 2018), Aragorn (30th January 2018), Dumpster Diver (31st January 2018), Elen (30th January 2018), enjoy being (31st January 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,969 Times in 20,255 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    If most of us are destroyed, some will still survive, I think. On a mountain, in a cave, somewhere. Just as life can be found in all kinds of unexpected places, humans can survive in unexpected circumstances.
    Indeed, and then it will be up to them, those who have by whatever providence been selected for survival, who will be the progenitors of a new society model — for however long it'll last before corruption sets in again, as it always does.

But humanity at large as it makes up for society today? No, they will never change their ways. They can't. They're too tightly welded to the system, and they're doomed to go down with it, in my opinion.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (1st February 2018), Dreamtimer (30th January 2018), Dumpster Diver (31st January 2018), Elen (30th January 2018), enjoy being (31st January 2018), Fred Steeves (30th January 2018), modwiz (30th January 2018)

Thanks
    Like a wave.

A plate holds a person's meal. A platter usually holds a dish or even entire meal which is normally shared.

(when I said a person's platter was too full it means they took on too much, enough for a group of people. They're way overloaded.)

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (1st February 2018), Aragorn (31st January 2018), Dumpster Diver (31st January 2018), Elen (30th January 2018), enjoy being (31st January 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,685 Times in 2,094 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    Indeed, and then it will be up to them, those who have by whatever providence been selected for survival, who will be the progenitors of a new society model — for however long it'll last before corruption sets in again, as it always does.

But humanity at large as it makes up for society today? No, they will never change their ways. They can't. They're too tightly welded to the system, and they're doomed to go down with it, in my opinion.
    This too is my view on the cycle as it has been. That the selection for survival would come down to probably the meek. But it may include some who learned the extreme lessons. Pointless to speculate though, but for concepts of old paradigms to be flushed, then knowledge of the existence of greed and such "deadly sins" would need to be washed away and forgotten. The cleaner the cut the longer the time before notions return.

However, even though I recognise the sad chances that even if a "golden age" happened for "survivors", that it would eventually turn back to rot in the cycle of humans, ... I also hold open the possibility that perhaps some form of greater change in the mechanics could possibly firewall off those aspects we carry, and that perhaps at the end of a cycle either next or the one after, perhaps the cycle will be broken. Other animals seem capable of coexisting without corruptions and addictions, it isn't totally a closed book, but my opinion is it would take a physiological change not just a collective conceptual agreement formulated purely by choice.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (1st February 2018), Aragorn (31st January 2018), Dreamtimer (31st January 2018), Dumpster Diver (31st January 2018), Elen (31st January 2018)

Thanks
    A template can be a platter, containing a plate even, yes. A template at present within the human noospheric mind, swimming with the currentS is differing positive vibrations, timelines and positive youyous, holding hands, gathering, dispersing, being felt and thunked, tes thunked.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (1st February 2018), Dreamtimer (1st February 2018), Dumpster Diver (1st February 2018), Elen (1st February 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 2,620 Posts

How about a meat dress for you ladies?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lady_Gaga's_meat_dress

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (2nd April 2022), Aragorn (2nd February 2018), Dreamtimer (8th February 2018), Elen (8th February 2018)

Thanks
    Memes somewhat do create platters, even meaty ones.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (8th February 2018), Dreamtimer (8th February 2018), Dumpster Diver (8th February 2018), Elen (8th February 2018)

Thanks
    Timesurfers > https://timesurfers.wordpress.com/20...-and-the-7777/

Sorta got me and my improving ( not enept, pah ) computer skills well recognised at Avalon pain body abode of Bill, for better or worse, they represent an interesting template imo.

Plus this just out today > https://timesurfers.wordpress.com/20...nt-futurepast/
    Last edited by Aragorn, 27th March 2018 at 03:01. Reason: fixed your link ;)

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (27th March 2018), Dreamtimer (27th March 2018), Dumpster Diver (27th March 2018), Elen (27th March 2018)

Thanks
    "pain body abode" That's a phrase I can relate to. Some people are happy in their abode and don't want to leave it. Pain or no pain.

And you've given an example of template. Thanks.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (2nd April 2018), Aragorn (27th March 2018), Dumpster Diver (27th March 2018), Elen (27th March 2018)