Page 130 of 200 FirstFirst ... 3080120127128129130131132133140180 ... LastLast
Results 1,936 to 1,950 of 2998

Thread: Trump: Illusion, Mist and Bought?

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,908 Times in 1,858 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    this conversation is ridiculous, Trump is demonic, that is demonstrably true...I'll say it again, Jesus, how could anyone believe that Trump embraces anything except potential votes, money scams, women's private parts, and just for this crowd, evil spirits. what is the realm of truth, that it goes full circle, to the time of cannibalism as ritualism.
    Gawd works in mysterious ways...

You obviously don't get the thinking of the Christian Evangelical / Alt-right / Qanon crowd.

It's funny because they come from your country, not mine, yet I understand their way of thinking perfectly, it's just that I don't identify with that sort of nonsense any more.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (23rd May 2020), Aragorn (23rd May 2020), Dreamtimer (25th May 2020), Elen (25th May 2020), Emil El Zapato (23rd May 2020), Wind (23rd May 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    lol...well, that's the way I learned...I said and did some pretty ignorant things...before I turned eight...seven actually, that's the moral legal age...

What can I say, Aragorn...it's that glowing sword thing again...
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (23rd May 2020), Aragorn (23rd May 2020), Chris (23rd May 2020), Dreamtimer (25th May 2020), Elen (25th May 2020), Wind (23rd May 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,305 Times in 7,220 Posts
    The Republican version of Christianity.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (23rd May 2020), Aragorn (23rd May 2020), Chris (25th May 2020), Dreamtimer (25th May 2020), Elen (25th May 2020), Emil El Zapato (23rd May 2020)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Wind View Post
    The Republican version of Christianity.

To be perfectly honest, this is more like the Protestant version of Christianity, at least the kind that has become dominant in the New World. It is all about personal responsibility, pre-destination, hard work and accumulating wealth free of the intruding hand of government. Protestant settlers left the Old World precisely because their version of freedom of religion and free enterprise wasn't tolerated in 17th-18th century Europe.

I just saw a excellent documentary on the Pennsylvania Dutch (Deutsch), a group of German settlers that included the Amish, Mennonites and many other less strictly religious groups. Many still speak an old dialect of German that is only understood in certain parts of the Rhine river valley and Switzerland. The reason they came to the new world almost four centuries ago and specifically to Pennsylvania, is because they were promised complete religious freedom and no interference from the government, in this case this was a personal promise from William Penn, who founded Pennsylvania along these principles. The US government has largely kept its part of the bargain and doesn't interfere in their lives and leaves them largely alone. Their lifestyle would be completely impossible in Europe. In Germany specifically, they'd all be put into jail in a matter of months or years. It is illegal to home school your children for one, or to refuse to vaccinate them.

This is I think the part that Europeans often don't understand about America, the historic American nation is largely made up of settlers that escaped the suffocating, over-regulated nanny state mentality of Europe in order to be left alone to do their thing without interference, particularly in terms of religion, education and business. This is an enduring myth that still forms the core of the American soul with all its positive and negative connotations.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (27th May 2020), Aragorn (25th May 2020), Dreamtimer (25th May 2020), Elen (25th May 2020), Emil El Zapato (25th May 2020), Wind (25th May 2020)

Thanks
    True, for the the earliest of settlers, interesting history, this. Protestant Work Ethic is an unfortunate twist on the Christian Ethic. Like many other things it is a fine principle to guide one's life, if one can hold in check the urge to apply it to everyone with more stringency and dedication than to one self. And it has morphed to its own degradation within modern society. It's been a long time since I thought about these issues. To me, it wasn't, Protestants against society, it was Protestants against Catholics...It took me a long time to realize, there was room in the world for different viewpoints provided that there was a mutual respect of ideas, BASED ON TRUTH.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (27th May 2020), Aragorn (25th May 2020), Chris (25th May 2020), Dreamtimer (25th May 2020), Wind (25th May 2020)

Thanks
    My cat, just typed this out, when I was making morning coffee... really ... Don't ask me how he has always been pretty remarkable, he can turn doorknobs for example (to escape)

For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God. The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, “Abba, Father.” The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children. Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (27th May 2020), Aragorn (25th May 2020), Chris (25th May 2020), Dreamtimer (26th May 2020), Wind (25th May 2020)

Thanks

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (27th May 2020), Aragorn (26th May 2020), Dreamtimer (26th May 2020)

Thanks
    hmm, surely he remembers the 'hide' strategy used by Republican candidates and Hillary in 2016? But I do agree, that Trump is an idiot...

I don't usually go much farther than that in thinking about it, but the speaker brought up a valid point...Trump's thinking processes will not allow him to even say the word 'negative' lest it rub off on him and his scams...Amazing.

I heard a commentator the other day comment that Trump is incapable of believing in anything that he can't see and so a virus operates underneath his level of awareness. It seemed profound at the time because that notion would make him incapable of having a 'spiritual' philosophy, even a demonic one. But then it hit me that he is a 'known' germaphobe. Which just now got me thinking again, things unseen that are feared fall into a category of 'anxiety' provocation. And there is the answer, Trump 'fears' things he cannot see (non-existent things by definition) and therefore is incapable of mounting a coherent defense against them...e.g. His non-management of the COVID-19 pandemic.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (27th May 2020), Aragorn (26th May 2020), Dreamtimer (26th May 2020), Wind (26th May 2020)

Thanks
    This might sound depressing, but the truth often is a bitter pill to swallow. Yet it will set you free.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (27th May 2020), Aragorn (27th May 2020), Dreamtimer (27th May 2020), Emil El Zapato (27th May 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts
    Think polarity maybe, watched the last one you put up from them, was good truths within that talk, along with outdated data, changed imo data and fear fear fear once again, will respect you by now watching this one as I am skeptical allowing at least one percent me incorrect, by the way that's how I got with the Trump n Q but was about 3 %.

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts
    C mon Wind, that's from 2017 and after five minutes realised it is the same one I watched last time that you shared it, so so out of date now and incorrect in many area's especially regards China and of course we had a wee Virus that is real which was also being now seen as a shocker flag.

All I can say is blessings.

Thanks
    It's not out of date, it's more relevant than ever and it's the whole lecture. Chris said that there would be next economic crash eventually and that's when people would really get fed up and see through the sham of the system. The virus is just a catalyst for that, it was inevitable anyways. Trump is not the problem either, he is a symptom of a deeply sick system. The people who believe deeply in Trump are brainwashed into a cult which is lead by a man who is all about intolerance and self-aggrandizement.

The American empire is not only declining, it's on it's deathbed. Yes, I know that's something many people don't want to hear. Also it's not just the US, but a lot of things are revolving around it. It is a central figure in the West with it's actions rippling throughout the whole world.

We don't want to hear many things and yet they are the truth.

"People will do anything, no matter how absurd, in order to avoid facing their own souls. One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious."

~ Carl Jung

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (27th May 2020), Aragorn (27th May 2020), Chris (27th May 2020), Emil El Zapato (27th May 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    Is Trumpy bad? Oh yeah, he bad.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (27th May 2020), Chris (27th May 2020), Emil El Zapato (27th May 2020), Wind (27th May 2020)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Wind View Post
    It's not out of date, it's more relevant than ever and it's the whole lecture. Chris said that there would be next economic crash eventually and that's when people would really get fed up and see through the sham of the system. The virus is just a catalyst for that, it was inevitable anyways. Trump is not the problem either, he is a symptom of a deeply sick system. The people who believe deeply in Trump are brainwashed into a cult which is lead by a man who is all about intolerance and self-aggrandizement.

The American empire is not only declining, it's on it's deathbed. Yes, I know that's something many people don't want to hear. Also it's not just the US, but a lot of things are revolving around it. It is a central figure in the West with it's actions rippling throughout the whole world.

We don't want to hear many things and yet they are the truth.

"People will do anything, no matter how absurd, in order to avoid facing their own souls. One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious."

~ Carl Jung
    Probably you're right, at least all the signs point towards imperial decline.

But, the question is, if the American Empire ends, what will take its place?

There is no answer to that question, none of the supposed alternatives are even remotely convincing. Russia is a joke and China is a paper tiger, led by communists who are bound to muck it up eventually. The EU doesn't even exist any more, except on paper and Brazil is literally a Banana Republic. India is a chaotic mess. No country has anywhere near the economic, cultural and military power and dominance that the US currently enjoys. So, the US will probably be propped up by the international system for a while longer and supported by other powers, simply for lack of a better alternative.

Trump is probably going away early next year, with the economy in the toilet, it is unlikely that he will win the 4 midwestern swing states that won him the election last time, by a very narrow margin. I doubt that Joe Buythem will be much better, but I don't think he will end up being the democratic candidate, or if elected, a president for very long. He is pretty much gone in the head now and on his last legs as a human being on this earth.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (27th May 2020), Dreamtimer (27th May 2020), Emil El Zapato (27th May 2020), Wind (27th May 2020)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    I would love it if Mr. Hedges' words were outdated. Unfortunately, they're very present and much more relevant than I wish. And wishful thinking will only lead to a head stuck in the sand.

Whether or not Trump is bad, in his being or in his leadership, what matters is how many choose to follow. How many choose to focus on his opponents rather than to see what the outcome of this current leadership will bring.

There is no doubt that Trump is a master of focusing on his opponents while stroking his own image.

The real problem is the choice to follow that and participate in the weakening of the nation through increased division.

Trump should be impotent. His values reflect nothing of what built this nation. As long as his followers follow, he will continue to profit off the demise of the nation.

That's what his history shows. He breaks things and profits off it.

The history of followers shows that they willfully choose to be blind to the ravages of their leaders.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (27th May 2020), Chris (27th May 2020), Emil El Zapato (27th May 2020), Wind (27th May 2020)