Page 180 of 200 FirstFirst ... 80130170177178179180181182183190 ... LastLast
Results 2,686 to 2,700 of 2998

Thread: Trump: Illusion, Mist and Bought?

Thanks
    Thanked 12,129 Times in 2,669 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    This is just funny.

Attachment 2517
    Congratulations on your team's victory DT. Even with the corporate neoliberals back at the helm, and Biden's record being pretty much on par with that of a good old fashioned moderate republican, everything's gonna be okay again because the new guy has a D behind his name.

Now if it just wasn't for those continuing insufferable testimonials of disaffected republicans and recovering Trumpoholics. Almost like skimming over little infomercials sponsored by the DNC. "I'm Joe Biden, and I approve this message" still rings in my head whenever I stop on in for a quick peek.
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (10th November 2020), Dreamtimer (12th November 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,472 Times in 10,177 Posts

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (12th November 2020)

Senior Member Canada
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,099 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post
    Congratulations on your team's victory DT. Even with the corporate neoliberals back at the helm, and Biden's record being pretty much on par with that of a good old fashioned moderate republican, everything's gonna be okay again because the new guy has a D behind his name.

Now if it just wasn't for those continuing insufferable testimonials of disaffected republicans and recovering Trumpoholics. Almost like skimming over little infomercials sponsored by the DNC. "I'm Joe Biden, and I approve this message" still rings in my head whenever I stop on in for a quick peek.
    Freddie,

Trump is replacing key figures in the pentagon, as I type this, after getting rid of Mark Esper. Does it occur to you that if there is an actual coup that everybody is at risk? These guys will be able to act with impunity, on the domestic scene, trash what is left of rule of law, rewrite the constitution? It could play out exactly like Revolution 2.0 in Egypt where a popular leader overthrew the government, much to many people's joy. He then rewrote the constitution making it much more hard ass and restrictive than it had been?

With what is occurring right now, Biden's easy victory is not assured at all. If Trump has the military on his side except for a few at the top that he is removing, it could be come a VERY third world scene. Yes, this is a foreign policy duopoly, but so far, hellfire hasn't rained down on American people within their own borders. This is a very real possibility.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Octopus Garden For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (11th November 2020), Dreamtimer (12th November 2020), Elen (11th November 2020), Emil El Zapato (11th November 2020), Justjane (19th November 2020), Wind (12th November 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,472 Times in 10,177 Posts
    Relax, the 6 corp media putrids are self destructing atm, enjoy the corruption being revealed, organise a happy laughter party n invite all your red n blue friends.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (12th November 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,208 Times in 11,970 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Octopus Garden View Post
    Freddie,

Trump is replacing key figures in the pentagon, as I type this, after getting rid of Mark Esper. Does it occur to you that if there is an actual coup that everybody is at risk? These guys will be able to act with impunity, on the domestic scene, trash what is left of rule of law, rewrite the constitution? It could play out exactly like Revolution 2.0 in Egypt where a popular leader overthrew the government, much to many people's joy. He then rewrote the constitution making it much more hard ass and restrictive than it had been?

With what is occurring right now, Biden's easy victory is not assured at all. If Trump has the military on his side except for a few at the top that he is removing, it could be come a VERY third world scene. Yes, this is a foreign policy duopoly, but so far, hellfire hasn't rained down on American people within their own borders. This is a very real possibility.
    Hi OG,

yes, this is very weird, it almost defies description. For me, it raises many more questions than opinions. My main thought exercise is: What is going on inside the head of the ex-President? To wonder about such things regarding a disordered mind is like contemplating the nature of the Universe. Many questions, many thoughts, but no answers.

To claim that Trump and Biden are equivalent losers is stupid beyond words. We've ventured into ludicrous speed land again.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (11th November 2020), Dreamtimer (12th November 2020), Elen (12th November 2020), Justjane (19th November 2020), Octopus Garden (11th November 2020), Wind (12th November 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 81,146 Times in 20,324 Posts
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (11th November 2020), Dreamtimer (12th November 2020), Elen (12th November 2020), Emil El Zapato (11th November 2020), Justjane (19th November 2020), Wind (12th November 2020)

Thanks
    Rudolph Steiner cites Woodrow Wilson as a misguided mukka mukka. In the U.S. election of 1912 there were THREE parties that nominated Presidential candidates. Some might recognize the names:

Woodrow Wilson - Democrat, William Howard Taft - Incumbent Republican, and Theodore Roosevelt - Progressive Party.

Wilson won!

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (11th November 2020), Dreamtimer (12th November 2020), Elen (12th November 2020), Justjane (19th November 2020), Octopus Garden (11th November 2020), Wind (12th November 2020)

Thanks
    Good one, Aragorn. Don't tell anyone but I've disliked the notion of the Supreme Court. In the 1st place it is a f*cked up name. In the 2nd place its standing in the psyche of the American people is total illusion. Very much like the stock market actually. An excellent point made in this video is the fact that the court has a moral obligation to adhere to the sway of thoughtful honest opinions of its people. When they don't, they have become 'authoritarian' and in the last place they don't deserve carte blanche access to the rights of human animals.

Don't know who that lady is but she certainly has a good head on her shoulders.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (11th November 2020), Aragorn (11th November 2020), Dreamtimer (12th November 2020), Elen (12th November 2020), Justjane (19th November 2020), Octopus Garden (11th November 2020), Wind (12th November 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 81,146 Times in 20,324 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    Good one, Aragorn. Don't tell anyone but I've disliked the notion of the Supreme Court. In the 1st place it is a f*cked up name. In the 2nd place its standing in the psyche of the American people is total illusion. Very much like the stock market actually. An excellent point made in this video is the fact that the court has a moral obligation to adhere to the sway of thoughtful honest opinions of its people. When they don't, they have become 'authoritarian' and in the last place they don't deserve carte blanche access to the rights of human animals.

Don't know who that lady is but she certainly has a good head on her shoulders.
    Here in Belgium, judges are appointed by the bureaucracy, based upon their qualifications and experience. There is no political interference ─ or at least, there shouldn't be, because if there ever is, then that's illegal. The same holds true for chiefs of police, whether regional or federal. And in the Netherlands, they're taking that one step further even, because over there, even the mayor is not elected ─ and thus, they are not politicians but public servants.

But then again, I've already elaborated on why I think the whole way politics works in the USA is retarded, and why I consider the USA a de facto textbook fascist regime ─ in the true sense of the term "fascism", not in its random use as an expletive ─ so I'm not going to get into that again. The last time I did that, I had half of Project Avalon coming down on me, even up to several weeks after I had already announced that I'd be leaving that thread.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (11th November 2020), Dreamtimer (12th November 2020), Elen (12th November 2020), Emil El Zapato (11th November 2020), Justjane (19th November 2020), Octopus Garden (11th November 2020), Wind (12th November 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 37,453 Times in 7,450 Posts

Love

Blah-Blah-Blah-Blah ...

or less commonly blah-blah \ ˈblä-​ˌblä
    \ : silly or pretentious chatter or nonsense

Talk Talk

The Music Machine

Presenting an alternative to the alternative community.

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (11th November 2020), Aragorn (11th November 2020), Dreamtimer (12th November 2020), Elen (12th November 2020), Emil El Zapato (11th November 2020), Justjane (19th November 2020), Octopus Garden (11th November 2020), Wind (12th November 2020)

Senior Member Canada
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,099 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    Here in Belgium, judges are appointed by the bureaucracy, based upon their qualifications and experience. There is no political interference ─ or at least, there shouldn't be, because if there ever is, then that's illegal. The same holds true for chiefs of police, whether regional or federal. And in the Netherlands, they're taking that one step further even, because over there, even the mayor is not elected ─ and thus, they are not politicians but public servants.

But then again, I've already elaborated on why I think the whole way politics works in the USA is retarded, and why I consider the USA a de facto textbook fascist regime ─ in the true sense of the term "fascism", not in its random use as an expletive ─ so I'm not going to get into that again. The last time I did that, I had half of Project Avalon coming down on me, even up to several weeks after I had already announced that I'd be leaving that thread.
    Blacks have been living under a state of siege for decades. Prison industries manufacture or do the finishing work on many products sold in the U.S. True, you have to commit a crime to be incarcerated, but your sentence is going to be twice as long as for a white person. Plus....you are automatically in debt after you hit the prison gates because the prison charges room and board essentially. You have to pay for your pillow, your blankets, toothpaste, on and on and on. Whole families are bankrupted trying to pay the debt their incarcerated relatives accrue just for buying essentials.

So agree. If it is legally sanctioned that even one person is treated this way, it is already a police state, to a large degree.

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Octopus Garden For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (11th November 2020), Dreamtimer (12th November 2020), Elen (12th November 2020), Emil El Zapato (11th November 2020), Justjane (19th November 2020), Wind (12th November 2020)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Trump may want to try to overturn elections.

And he's still obsessed with the whole Russia thing and proving they didn't help him win in the first place. (he continually brings it up)

He has no qualms about revealing state secrets, sources and methods. He doesn't care about National Security if he's not the one running the show. I'm not sure he does either way.

And so folks like Gina Haspel are scrambling to stop the damage. But Trump doesn't listen, so I'm not sure what she and others at the Pentagon can do.

(25th Amendment time)

If Trump weakens the nation before Biden is sworn in, making Biden's job that much harder, then Trump can bang the drums about every 'failure' he himself laid the groundwork for.

Trump has already explicitly stated that he doesn't take responsibility, nor does he need to ask God for forgiveness. So ironic, that. His Christian minions just don't seem to care.

Delusion and denial are very, very dangerous things.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (12th November 2020), Emil El Zapato (12th November 2020), Justjane (19th November 2020), Wind (12th November 2020)

Thanks
    James Lankford of Oklahoma, Republican Senator, is now speaking out saying that GSA needs to do its job and get the ball rolling on transition.

One of the concerns of the Supreme Court, and others, during Bush v. Gore was that the process was taking so long that the transition was being hindered and was threatening National Security.

It is said that this affected the ability to respond to threats related to the events of 9/11.

You'd think folks would learn, or just care.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (12th November 2020), Emil El Zapato (12th November 2020), Justjane (19th November 2020), Wind (12th November 2020)

Thanks
    I always find it fascinating when folks ascribe feelings to me which I don't have or haven't demonstrated, or when they put me on a team I've never claimed.

It reveals a great deal about these folks, how they think, what mindsets they might be stuck in, how they have to get personal rather than address any of the myriad issues I've brought up.

Fascinating, but boring in the end. It becomes so predictable.

So I just continue to talk about issues and reference others who are also doing that.

And I throw in the occasional bit of humor which is essential in these dark, kali yuga days.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    Trump may want to try to overturn elections.

And he's still obsessed with the whole Russia thing and proving they didn't help him win in the first place. (he continually brings it up)

He has no qualms about revealing state secrets, sources and methods. He doesn't care about National Security if he's not the one running the show. I'm not sure he does either way.

And so folks like Gina Haspel are scrambling to stop the damage. But Trump doesn't listen, so I'm not sure what she and others at the Pentagon can do.

(25th Amendment time)

If Trump weakens the nation before Biden is sworn in, making Biden's job that much harder, then Trump can bang the drums about every 'failure' he himself laid the groundwork for.

Trump has already explicitly stated that he doesn't take responsibility, nor does he need to ask God for forgiveness. So ironic, that. His Christian minions just don't seem to care.

Delusion and denial are very, very dangerous things.
    Don't forget the peak of the triumvirate: projection.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (12th November 2020), Justjane (19th November 2020)