Page 172 of 200 FirstFirst ... 72122162169170171172173174175182 ... LastLast
Results 2,566 to 2,580 of 2998

Thread: Trump: Illusion, Mist and Bought?

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    just not true ... they've already done investigations and the only one that hasn't come up clean is Trump ... The Golden One has tried repeatedly to manipulate the justice system to get what he wants. Even his capo di tutti capi ... Barr won't play along any longer. He doesn't like the notion of a prison sentence anymore than any other human.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (29th October 2020), Chris (28th October 2020), Dreamtimer (28th October 2020)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Thank you, Chris. I appreciate that. However I doubt all that Trump is doing is really on the up and up. It's not his MO.

Here's another life-long Republican who went straight Democrat ticket for the first time ever.

At six minutes she displays items which mark some of her proudest moments serving the country.

Last edited by Dreamtimer, 28th October 2020 at 20:09.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (29th October 2020), Emil El Zapato (28th October 2020)

Thanks
    These people giving these testimonials aren't being partisan. They speak from their hearts.

They are capable of observing things without having to be chained to partisan views. Opinions are not necessarily partisan. Feelings from the heart are not by definition partisan.

I was told for years to "Look at the record!" It was a litany.

And that's what I do. Trump's record has never been about being on the up and up. I'm certainly not the only one capable of seeing his record. There's actually a lot of documentation. And much more that he has hidden.

Hidden by himself, Deutsche Bank, David Pecker, everyone forced to sign an NDE, and more.

By the way, if you think Trump's level of NDEs are any kind of normal you don't understand.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (29th October 2020), Emil El Zapato (28th October 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,015 Times in 2,615 Posts
    Ah yes, the iron clad evidence gleaned from cherry picked heartfelt testimonials. Non partisan opinions are often times used by extreme partisans to prove a point. A loyal Republican would use this as the same type of "evidence" to try and prove a point:
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (29th October 2020)

Thanks
    I haven't heard anyone in this alternate community talk about these testimonials.

Which is weird because that's supposedly what the alternative community wants. First hand accounts. Direct experience.

The criticism of Biden v. Trump in the alternative community is vastly tipped towards Trump/positive, Biden/negative.

There's no balance in adding to the anti-Biden Everest. It's summit is nearly out of sight.

These testimonials are unique.

And so are the videos put out by Beau. I have yet to find anyone else able to make a point so clearly in an average of five minutes.

If any of y'all do, please let me know.

This young man is from my place of origin.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (29th October 2020), Emil El Zapato (29th October 2020)

Thanks
    This dude.

At 2:37 he talks about what being pro-life really means.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (29th October 2020), Emil El Zapato (29th October 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,305 Times in 7,220 Posts
    I've had conflicted feelings about these elections as a non-American for a long time. I sincerely hope that Biden wins just so that the division and madness would stop. Despite the fact that I strongly dislike his track record and his typical politician-like fakeness. Anyways I think the end goal is to end up having Kamala as the president and I don't like her. She's the most liberal senator in the country? Give me a break! Trump won last time because he wasn't a politician nor Hillary Clinton. I doubt that would be enough to win this time. "China-Joe" has been doing very well at the polls, but what worries me is that so did Hillary last time too.

I think it might be a very close race this time around and Trump might contest the results anyways if they're not to his liking. He doesn't like losing and he's a whining cry-baby. That is not my idea of an alpha male. Seems like to me that the Republicans are trying to do everything in their corrupt power so that they could win and that includes anti-democratic moves when it comes to polling stations and discounting mail in ballots. Trump's cult and many of his supporters have been unhinged, I can't really imagine what four more years of that could do. Even now they might do some crazy things if Trump loses.

If Joe wins and that is an if, then that wouldn't really be any big improvement either. Perhaps it might dissipate the madness and stupidity that has been going on for the past four years, but that energy has to go somewhere too. However, I have absolutely no love for the corporate Democrats and neoliberals, I see through their fakeness and lies. "Business as usual". You have to remember that basically Obama, Joe and the Democrats are responsible for the presidency of Trump. If they don't change something drastically then the next time there will be another Trump or something far worse. Get money out of politics and get a third non-corrupt party to lead your country for Chrissake.
    Last edited by Wind, 29th October 2020 at 12:15.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (29th October 2020), Aragorn (29th October 2020), Dreamtimer (29th October 2020), Emil El Zapato (29th October 2020), modwiz (29th October 2020)

Thanks
    A lot of that makes sense Wind, but in my opinion it isn't a desire of Blue politicians to 'sell-out' the middle class, sure for some it is, the undercover corporatists, but the zeitgeist of the left party has never been raw support for corporatism but a necessity to play the game for benefit of the 'underdog'. They've even tried manipulation of the game to be supportive but the right has always been too ugly in character, design, and motivation to be outdone. The zeitgeist has changed, the little guy has had their revolution and now the evolution will play itself out. The hegelian dialectic has shifted to the left out of sheer survival necessity. I am certain we will see this happen but the determining factor will as always be how long the memory of citizens will last.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (29th October 2020), Dreamtimer (29th October 2020), Wind (29th October 2020)

Thanks
    That was actually a sensible comment, NAP. Well done.

Excellent comments, Wind. Regarding the 'big plan' to get Harris in as Pres, I don't see that. The Dems just don't plan that far out. If they did, they'd have done a much better job against Trump and the GOP. They've been weak for a long time. In particular as regards the judiciary.

But the American people have backbone. And not all succumb to cult mentalities. It just takes a while for some folks to see past what they want to see.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Emil El Zapato (29th October 2020), Wind (29th October 2020)

Thanks
    Chris is from Ohio. He doesn't need any media to tell him what to think. He can see for himself.

And so can his four-year-old daughter.

Last edited by Dreamtimer, 29th October 2020 at 15:07.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Emil El Zapato (29th October 2020)

Thanks
    JJ talks about three major Biden accomplishments. He knows more than I do, that's for sure.

The Coronavirus is why he's voting for Biden. (Trump could so easily have the election in the bag if he'd just handled this one thing right. All else would have been forgiven.)

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I have Marines and Navy Seals in my family.

Here's another "first time in my life."

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    damn that stalking thing, that put me out of business, I just didn't want to bring it up ... No, not really ...

Thanks
    Laura is from my current home State. Nice and concise.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    This is from a Wisconsin man, MKc, who is a county board supervisor.

I’m a county board supervisor in a purple county in western Wisconsin. Because of that I spend a fair amount of time with folks who come down substantially to my right politically. More specifically, I spend time with the kind of conservatives who get elected to local governing boards—though we’re a non-partisan board and our people take that seriously. These aren’t the tea party types by and large. These are local business people and farmers who know that their decisions have real impact on the people in their immediate communities and who are proud to be a part of making local government work.
    For the past few years I’ve been hearing rumblings to the effect that the Republicans at the state level are going too far and not listening to the people. Mostly they’ve been very quietly voiced, but all the more serious for that. When 2010 swept Republicans into power in Wisconsin we ended up as the test market for a lot of the radical conservative agenda. We got the gerrymanders, the politicization of the courts, the stripping of local control, the kneecapping of the tax system, the floods of dark money, and Scott Walker.
    Then, when the Republicans lost all the statewide offices in 2018 they stripped those offices of most their power with the willing connivence of that politicized court. It was profoundly unfair, and everyone could see that. At that point, with a lot of the more traditional conservative bedrock types who were already starting to worry about state Republican overreach, I think they were primed to take a good hard look at the less savory bits of what their party was doing at the state and national levels.
    Then came covid. Now, don’t get me wrong, we have our fair share of covid denialism in my county—I get email and phone calls whenever it comes up in our agenda, but mostly it’s the tea party types. The more serious and thoughtful sort of local Republican—the kind that gets elected to boards—started out worried and has become steadily more alarmed as the data has come in and our county numbers have climbed. Even some of our early denialists have come around.
    While that has been happening quietly here at the local level, the state Republicans have been doing everything in their gerrymandered power to prevent the governor and the state health apparatus from doing anything to mitigate the spread. They’ve been behaving like the tea partiest of tea partiers. It’s dangerous, and it’s childish, and it’s quite obviously so. With the huge spike we’ve seen here in Wisconsin in the past few weeks, with the state fair grounds being turned into a field hospital and local fairgrounds hosting National Guard testing stations, I think all those little doubts about Walker/Trump style Republicanism may have finally broken the dam of party loyalty for a lot folks.
    Wisconsin had a very solid preview of extreme Republican government, and it might have primed us for that partisan dam to break hard.

Either folks want to hear from boots on the ground or they don't.

In my opinion, folks benefit when they hear things from the horses' mouths. Folks who aren't afraid to think, anyway.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Emil El Zapato (30th October 2020)