Page 77 of 200 FirstFirst ... 27677475767778798087127177 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 2998

Thread: Trump: Illusion, Mist and Bought?

Thanks
    Thanked 43,177 Times in 11,952 Posts
    That's a big problem and disappointing to any thinking human being. Political expediency as the phrase describes is always paramount. Yes, even Democrats forego values in favor of the expedient response. Apparently, they don't recognize the inherent hypocrisy.

But, note her statement that Obama categorically rejected Mattis, yet, Obama is called a warmonger and the last great Dictator before Trump. Consistency in reporting is important, also.
    Last edited by Emil El Zapato, 19th January 2019 at 15:45.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (20th January 2019), Aragorn (19th January 2019), Elen (20th January 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 81,103 Times in 20,306 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    That's a big problem and disappointing to any thinking human being. Political expediency as the phrase describes is always paramount. Yes, even Democrats forego values in favor of the expedient response. Apparently, they don't recognize the inherent hypocrisy.

But, note her statement that Obama categorically rejected Mattis, yet, Obama is called a warmonger and the last great Dictator before Trump. Consistency in reporting is important, also.
    It was under Obama's watch that the civil war in Ukraine broke out, courtesy of western intervention and military support for the Ukrainian Neo-Nazi movement. And then there's Benghazi, and all the other atrocities committed by the US Empire.

So yes, Obama was a warmonger too. He was just a different type of warmonger. Donald Trump is an Adolf Hitler wannabe, and anyone who continues supporting him while knowing all the documented facts should get their head examined.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (20th January 2019), Elen (20th January 2019), Emil El Zapato (19th January 2019)

Thanks
    ok, I'll have to read a bit, but I really doubt that Obama would have supported a neo-nazi faction for any reason. I have a hard time with that claim.

And if he did, it was because the neo-nazis were fighting the Aliens who are trying to destroy all humans including black ones.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (20th January 2019), Aragorn (19th January 2019), Elen (20th January 2019)

Thanks
    On 11 November 2014 the Azov Battalion was officially incorporated into the National Guard of Ukraine.

As of late March 2015, despite a second ceasefire agreement (Minsk II), the Azov Battalion continued to prepare for war, with the group's leader seeing the ceasefire as "appeasement". In March 2015 Interior Minister Arsen Avakov announced that the Azov Regiment would be among the first units to be trained by United States Army troops in their Operation Fearless Guardian training mission.
    US training however was withdrawn on 12 June 2015, as US House of Representatives passed an amendment blocking any aid (including arms and training) to the battalion due to its Neo-Nazi background. After the vote Congressman John Conyers thanked the House saying "I am grateful that the House of Representatives unanimously passed my amendments last night to ensure that our military does not train members of the repulsive neo-Nazi Azov Battalion, along with my measures to keep the dangerous and easily trafficked MANPADs out of these unstable regions."

In August 2015, the Ukrainian government pulled all volunteer battalions, including the Azov Regiment, off the front lines around Mariupol, replacing them with regular military units.
    The Azov Regiment was moved to a base in Urzuf, in the former seaside villa of deposed Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych, about 40 kilometers (25 miles) to the southwest of Mariupol.

there is more at where else - wiki...

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    ok, I'll have to read a bit, but I really doubt that Obama would have supported a neo-nazi faction for any reason. I have a hard time with that claim.

And if he did, it was because the neo-nazis were fighting the Aliens who are trying to destroy all humans including black ones.
    John McCain and John Kerry were both in Ukraine to express their support for the separatists. This is mainstream knowledge. And most of those separatists happen to be the very Neo-Nazis we're talking about here -- the guys who ended up with US weaponry. That doesn't mean that Obama would directly support Neo-Nazism, but he and his administration -- not to mention the EU and Britain -- wanted Ukraine to sever its ties with Russia, so that it could become an outpost for the western hegemony. The Ukrainian Neo-Nazis were just the available tool for attaining that goal, just as Osama Bin Laden was once a convenient tool for organizing the Afghani resistance against the Soviets, and as Saddam Hussein was once a convenient tool as a western ally against Iran -- until he wanted to get his hands on the oil reserves in Kuwait, of course.

Obama was also the king of drone strikes. He even joked about it on television, saying that he was "good at killing people." Don't forget that both the US Democrats and the US Republicans are sponsored by the same corporations, and that Hillary Clinton received a quite royal endorsement from Raytheon during her election campaign.

It's politics, man. They're all a bunch of criminals, hypocrites, narcissists and psychopaths up there. That's why they are up there in the first place. Nobody who truly wants to serve society manages to survive in that world. Either you become corrupt and you fall in line with the system, or they find a way to get rid of you.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (20th January 2019), Elen (20th January 2019), Emil El Zapato (19th January 2019), Fred Steeves (19th January 2019), Wind (20th January 2019)

Thanks
    Jerusalem Post:

Not everyone was so upset, however, with the Vaad of Ukraine, a Jewish communal body comprising a number of different organizations and known for its nationalist stance on many issues, coming out in favor of the move.

“I appreciate this decision. It must be clearly understood: there is no kind of ‘neo-Nazi Ukrainian militia’ now. Azov is a regular military unit subordinate to the Ministry of Internal Affairs. It is not irregular division neither a political group. Its commanders and fighters might have personal political views as individuals, but as an armed police unit Azov is a part of the system of the Ukrainian defense forces,” said anti-Semitism researcher Vyacheslav A. Likhachev, speaking on behalf of the Vaad.

Russian “aggression” is a much bigger threat than Azov, Likhachev insisted, adding that “it is necessary to clearly distinguish between the Azov regiment and political projects related to its former commander.”

“Of course, manifestations of neo-Nazism in Ukraine are unacceptable. But it has nothing to do with the question of assistance to the Ukrainian armed forces.”

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Obama was also the king of drone strikes.

I'm not an advocate of killing people...but people that enjoy killing people need to be dealt with. Drone strikes, even according to Martin are less prone to collateral damage and that is why Obama defaulted to that option. Presidents gotta do what they gotta do, it doesn't mean one has no empathy or compassion (Trump), it just means when the rubber meets the road, you gotta roll, baby.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Obama was also the king of drone strikes.

I'm not an advocate of killing people...but people that enjoy killing people need to be dealt with. Drone strikes, even according to Martin are less prone to collateral damage and that is why Obama defaulted to that option. Presidents gotta do what they gotta do, it doesn't mean one has no empathy or compassion (Trump), it just means when the rubber meets the road, you gotta roll, baby.
    Every single person running for president of the United States of "God Bless" America knows that it's a job that puts blood on your hands, because the USA is never going to stop being the bully of the world. The USA has perpetually been at war since the end of World War II, and none of those wars have been (or are being) fought on American soil. In fact, the US Marines are a military contingent specifically created for fighting the US's wars abroad, and are explicitly forbidden from operating within the borders of the USA by the US constitution.

By consequence, running for president of the USA by definition means that you are willing to become a murderer by proxy. Bush Sr. knew that -- he had after all been the director of the CIA for many years. Bill Clinton knew it too. Bush Jr. certainly knew it. Obama knew.

Even Hillary, who hasn't been president but was the wife of one, also knows that all too well -- "We came, we saw, and he died", were her gleeful words with regard to the US/NATO-supported Al Qaeda rebellion in Libya, whereby Muammar Gaddafi was gratuitously executed and his dead body paraded around on the hood of a military off-road vehicle .

Donald Trump already said he was going to "bomb the shit out of them" with regard to Syria before he was elected, and he has made true on his promise. By now, he too already has blood on his hands, and he obviously doesn't care one bit about it.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (20th January 2019), Elen (20th January 2019), Emil El Zapato (19th January 2019), Wind (20th January 2019)

Thanks
    Sad, but true. But if you remember Obama was castigated for his apology tour through the Middle East and he was so very 'weak' because he refused to amp up the killing machine when 'his' redline was crossed. Even Presidents are immune to realities that run highly contrary to their better natures. He didn't 'REALLY' believe he was going to have to do it...until he had to do it.

Long argument made short. Obama was the best we're going to get until there is a consciousness shift in the world.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Sad, but true. But if you remember Obama was castigated for his apology tour through the Middle East and he was so very 'weak' because he refused to amp up the killing machine when 'his' redline was crossed. Even Presidents are immune to realities that run highly contrary to their better natures. He didn't 'REALLY' believe he was going to have to do it...until he had to do it.

Long argument made short. Obama was the best we're going to get until there is a consciousness shift in the world.
    Well, I didn't like how he too ended up toeing the party line of The Powers That Be™, and I already didn't have a good feeling about him while he was still running for Democratic nominee. It wasn't in his words but in his body language -- he just seemed a little too sure of himself for my taste. But then again, Hillary already scared the hell out of everyone even back then, so it seemed like Obama was going to be the better alternative. And on the Republican side, you had McCain and Sarah "I really have no brains" Palin. Now there was a winning team!

All things considered, Obama was a statesman with certain ideals, but he would soon find out that he was not the guy in charge of the country. While he did make Obamacare into a fact -- as he had promised -- he failed to deliver on so many other promises he had made during his campaign -- and even in his inaugural speech -- such as completely pulling out of Iraq within the year, shutting down Guantanamo Bay (also within the year) and abolishing the Patriot Act. In fact, as confirmed by several large newspapers, he actually silently reaffirmed the Patriot Act.

As I see it -- and as I've already long said -- Obama had a price to pay for being allowed to run the country for two terms. They allowed him to run for president -- Hillary was told "not yet" and so she backed out of the race for nominee, conceding her votes to him -- and they allowed him to get away with Obamacare. But that was it -- the end of his freedom as president. From there on, he had to start following orders and go with the agenda.

Donald J. Trump was an outsider in terms of political legacy, and he was up against Hillary, whose reputation was already long known at that point in time. So people were hoping that Trump was going to bring salvation, in spite of his xenophobia, his misogyny and his connections to organized crime. Or maybe people just didn't care about any of those things because they themselves were xenophobic misogynists. There's certainly still enough of that sort of bigotry going round -- I'll just defer to the "The Invasion" thread as a fine example of that.

Trump did bring a consciousness shift to the US American people though. It just happens to be in the opposite direction of what the American population needed. If Barack Obama represented an intellectual elitism, then Donald Trump is the very embodiment of the US American anti-intellectual movement, where brawn is better than brain, and where testosterone is the white US American privilege that makes said white US Americans better than everyone else in the world.

If you thought things just couldn't get any worse anymore after George W. Bush, well, then Trump has sure managed to surprise us all, hasn't he?

But wait, it's not over yet. It can still get just a little bit worse. Even if he wins the next elections -- which I don't really expect him to, but never say never -- then the next president to succeed him in the White House will most likely be a US Democrat again. And then after that Democrat, the next president will most likely be a Republican again. Because that's how it goes in a country that by law has been rigged to always swing back and forth between both faces of the same coin.

Now, just imagine that this next Republican would end up being... Sarah Palin...

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (20th January 2019), Elen (20th January 2019), Emil El Zapato (19th January 2019), Wind (20th January 2019)

Thanks
    Omigod Aragorn...

A little too sure of himself....? Yes, he was a pretty accomplished intellectual...the prototypical "damn right, I'm sure of myself" type. We can call that a fault/flaw, but given his heritage he probably spent a lot of time in his formative years defending his integrity and intelligence.

yes....

but the swinging back and forth in my opinion is not a conspiracy, it is the idiocy of the electorate. We can't hold a conviction beyond one fabricated crisis to the next. Chris' western video was a beautiful exposition of that.
    Last edited by Emil El Zapato, 19th January 2019 at 21:39.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 27,481 Times in 7,284 Posts
    MAGA hat is a sign of..?

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (20th January 2019), Aragorn (20th January 2019), Elen (20th January 2019), Emil El Zapato (20th January 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,469 Times in 10,174 Posts
    Feel sad, reading you two, the world is in constant change atm, for the better, Trump is very much involved in this/that, for better and worse imo.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Elen (20th January 2019), Emil El Zapato (20th January 2019), JRS (20th January 2019), Wind (20th January 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,481 Times in 7,284 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aianawa View Post
    Trump is very much involved in this/that, for better and worse imo.
    Oh, I fully agree with that. He's no doubt an agent of change and chaos...

"All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players: they have their exits and their entrances; and one man in his time plays many parts."

~ William Shakespeare

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (20th January 2019), Aragorn (20th January 2019), Emil El Zapato (20th January 2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Wind View Post
    MAGA hat is a sign of..?

Those kids lost it...This is not Catholicism, this is right wing brainwashing. That one kid appeared African American, the group was harassing African Americans earlier. This is the sorriest part of it in my estimation. A black kid trying desperately to be part of the group but it ain't never gonna happen. He's the type that grows up to be Clarence Thomas.

A few years ago I went to the local Catholic Mass and during the sermon the Priest was talking about 'people helping themselves'. I never went back.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (20th January 2019), Aragorn (20th January 2019), Wind (21st January 2019)