Page 56 of 200 FirstFirst ... 6465354555657585966106156 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump: Illusion, Mist and Bought?

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,685 Times in 2,094 Posts
    I don't live in the USA and therefore not immersed in the rhetoric enough to know what you are talking about regards a McCain, let alone to be able to forget it... or know what the 3am stuff is either.
    The rest of the world doesn't take much notice really, USA is just another country in the world.

But. "From where I sit", the level of love for the leader does not seem to be as high as other presidents. In that there are MORE people say, like you, who voice displeasure of him. On this side of the world we usually see a bunch of citizens of the US all swooning over their president even when they have all seemed pretty rubbish.

I didn't say he doesn't appear to have ANY I said MANY. But sweet as, it's not my cup of tea spending too much time or energy comparing politicians in my own country let alone some other country.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (11th May 2018), Aragorn (11th May 2018), Dreamtimer (12th May 2018), Elen (12th May 2018), Emil El Zapato (11th May 2018), modwiz (11th May 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    If an American politician starts a nuclear conflagration, believe me, plenty of the global community will take notice...the philosophy of importance will take on a completely different meaning.

"Duck and Cover"...maybe... but I like this one better

"Bend Over and Kiss your Ass goodbye"

Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    If an American politician starts a nuclear conflagration, believe me, plenty of the global community will take notice...the philosophy of importance will take on a completely different meaning.

"Duck and Cover"...maybe... but I like this one better

"Bend Over and Kiss your Ass goodbye"
    Trump's implicit message to the world is this:

"I'm God and you're not, so f*ck you!"
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (11th May 2018), Aragorn (11th May 2018), Dreamtimer (12th May 2018), Elen (12th May 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    ...But it is an interesting/facepalming dynamic, political fervour. In the time watching locals here debate their teams it is quite sad. I'm I guess an anarchist or something, I dislike all politicians even to an irrational level. When one enters a conversation where there's red vs blue going down, if you say something against one team, the supporters will argue at you as if you must be from the other team. It's just a one or the other binary polarity merry-go-round for them.

But I entirely agree regards your concern DT for the bible belt religious fanatics, their mode of thinking is regularly shown to be quite dangerous.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (11th May 2018), Aragorn (11th May 2018), Dreamtimer (12th May 2018), Elen (12th May 2018), Emil El Zapato (11th May 2018), modwiz (11th May 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by enjoy being View Post
    I don't live in the USA and therefore not immersed in the rhetoric enough to know what you are talking about regards a McCain, let alone to be able to forget it... or know what the 3am stuff is either.
    The rest of the world doesn't take much notice really, USA is just another country in the world.

But. "From where I sit", the level of love for the leader does not seem to be as high as other presidents. In that there are MORE people say, like you, who voice displeasure of him. On this side of the world we usually see a bunch of citizens of the US all swooning over their president even when they have all seemed pretty rubbish.

I didn't say he doesn't appear to have ANY I said MANY. But sweet as, it's not my cup of tea spending too much time or energy comparing politicians in my own country let alone some other country.
    At 65, I have participated in a few elections, and remember, happily, when Nixon resigned and always voted either Democrat or whoever was not the Republican. I really disliked the Republican presidents and held my nose for the other guys. I have NEVER, EVER seen such hate in this country towards a president and a media cheer-leading it with such irresponsibility. But, the worst part is I have never seen people want others to share the hate as is the case with this president. Sharing the hate has become a bonding ritual and not sharing it makes one suspicious., or alt-right, white-supremacist and other epithets. I no longer vote after getting sober in 2010, getting some gnosis and seeing the whole game back to its roots to antiquity.

We are in a Correction phase and being an observer without a political side is the clearest view.
    Last edited by modwiz, 11th May 2018 at 11:32.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (11th May 2018), Aragorn (11th May 2018), Dreamtimer (12th May 2018), Elen (12th May 2018), Emil El Zapato (11th May 2018), enjoy being (11th May 2018), Wind (11th May 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Oh yeah we hear that sort of thing regularly over the years NAP. Especially American kids international online gaming telling us of their role models.

"We're the fn power! Fn blow your asses up yo, we so big an fn mighty "

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    At this point, there is clearly only one direction to go...

Oh yeah we hear that sort of thing regularly over the years NAP. Especially American kids international online gaming telling us of their role models.

"We're the fn power! Fn blow your asses up yo, we so big an fn mighty "

Once upon a time, I laughed at that as well...Until a few years ago when reading about the structure of fusion bombs and their potential payload. I realized that as few as 4 bombs could literally smoke a good portion of the United States. It was a moment of pause to consider what that actually meant. What are the odds? Without looking I'm betting the Doomsday clock is as close to the midnight as it has been since the Cuban Missile Crisis in 62-63

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (11th May 2018), Aragorn (11th May 2018), Dreamtimer (12th May 2018), modwiz (11th May 2018), Wind (11th May 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by modwiz View Post
    At 65, I have participated in a few elections, and remember, happily, when Nixon resigned and always voted either Democrat or whoever was not the Republican. I really disliked the Republican presidents and held my nose for the other guys. I have NEVER, EVER seen such hate in this country towards a president and a media cheer-leading it with such irresponsibility. But, the worst part is I have never seen people want others to share the hate as is the case with this president. Sharing the hate has become a bonding ritual and not sharing it makes one suspicious., or alt-right, white-supremacist and other epithets. I no longer vote after getting sober in 2010, getting some gnosis and seeing the whole game back to its roots to antiquity.

We are in a Correction phase and being an observer without a political side is the clearest view.
    Yeah, that's about as much as I was trying to say. I'm backing out of this politics thread, it was a mistake to pop a post in lol

I'm sure as hell not laughing either NAP, you must be missing the point.
    Oh but you should investigate the work of Bruce Cathie as well. I am not sure what to make of that, but there are a few things which raise questions.
    Last edited by enjoy being, 11th May 2018 at 11:39.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Yeah, that's about as much as I was trying to say. I'm backing out of this politics thread, it was a mistake to pop a post in lol

I'm sure as hell not laughing either NAP, you must be missing the point.
    Oh but you should investigate the work of Bruce Cathie as well. I am not sure what to make of that, but there are a few things which raise questions.
    I will...

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (11th May 2018), Aragorn (11th May 2018), Dreamtimer (12th May 2018), Elen (12th May 2018), modwiz (11th May 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    I have stayed out as well and may have made a mistake posting too. I will join you in backing out.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (11th May 2018), Aragorn (11th May 2018), Dreamtimer (12th May 2018), Elen (12th May 2018), Emil El Zapato (11th May 2018), enjoy being (11th May 2018)

Thanks
    On the other hand:

I conjectured sometime ago that Trump was doing a world stage Jimmy 'the Chin' Gigante...now he's firing up his base with talk of staying President for more than two terms...I've got a headache...

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (11th May 2018), Aragorn (11th May 2018), Dreamtimer (12th May 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,307 Times in 7,221 Posts
    Probably all of us can agree that the presidency has been changed for good in the US.

There is the status quo (corrupt lying killers) and then there is Trump the clown.

Wouldn't it be nice to see a true spiritual leader for once? Or maybe no leader at all.

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (11th May 2018), Aragorn (11th May 2018), Dreamtimer (12th May 2018), Elen (12th May 2018), Emil El Zapato (11th May 2018), enjoy being (11th May 2018), modwiz (12th May 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,974 Times in 20,256 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    [...] I realized that as few as 4 bombs could literally smoke a good portion of the United States. It was a moment of pause to consider what that actually meant. What are the odds? Without looking I'm betting the Doomsday clock is as close to the midnight as it has been since the Cuban Missile Crisis in 62-63
    As the matter of fact, that is correct, yes. A few months ago, the Doomsday Clock was indeed set to the same alarming position again as during the Cuban missile crisis.

Quote Originally posted by Wind View Post
    Probably all of us can agree that the presidency has been changed for good in the US.
    That is correct. When Barack Obama was first elected in 2008, it was the first time ever that a black man got to reside in the White House. And then for the 2016 elections, the US Democrats were hoping to put Hillary (back) into the White House as the first woman to ever become president of the USA, but then the US Republicans, in a whole other first of their own — and probably not even fully aware of what they were bargaining for — managed to put the first Mafia don ever in the White House.

The globalist corporate shills were ousted and replaced by a womanizing organized crime shill and white-supremacist with (fake) orange hair. The only things he has in common with many of his predecessors are the womanizing and the dick-waving at other nations.

Quote Originally posted by Wind View Post
    There is the status quo (corrupt lying killers) and then there is Trump the clown.

Wouldn't it be nice to see a true spiritual leader for once? Or maybe no leader at all.
    Bracing myself against the wrath of our US American members again, I'm afraid that the US American public at large isn't even remotely ready for that. They're not spiritually evolved enough to embrace a truly spiritual leader, nor are they socially evolved enough to stop themselves from falling into absolute chaos if there were no leader at all.

Anarchy and chaos are by far not the same thing — those who do consider them synonymous have been corrupted by neuro-linguistic programming. But anarchy in the USA would inevitably lead to chaos, and then the armed survivalists — or "preppers", as they are called — would become the de facto ruling class, given that they're not afraid (and perhaps even eager) to use their weapons, and that many of them would be very willing to ensure their own survival by resorting to cannibalism.

Where do you think the term "long pork" comes from?
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (11th May 2018), Dreamtimer (12th May 2018), Elen (12th May 2018), Emil El Zapato (11th May 2018), enjoy being (11th May 2018), modwiz (12th May 2018), Wind (11th May 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,307 Times in 7,221 Posts
    I'm not an American (in this life anyways), but for what I can see and sorry if I am once again repeating myself, the last decent US president was JFK. Being a good guy didn't get him very far and after that there was a complete coup d'état in the US government. All the presidents after that have been horribly bad almost in every way. Of course the public would never see this because they don't want to risk thinking about it more deeply. Trump is just the end of an era, an era of corruption and vileness. The empire is dying, because it's rotten from within. Once it sinks, it will take many things with it.

We shall see what comes out of it, probably some of us already have our suspicions about it. Just look at what happened to the Soviet Union in the 90's. The domino effect it created, the revolutions it ignited.
    Last edited by Wind, 11th May 2018 at 22:22.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (11th May 2018), Dreamtimer (12th May 2018), Elen (12th May 2018), enjoy being (11th May 2018)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    I really don't want to be in a dying empire...

John McCain was captured by the Japanese and tortured. They then offered to let him go as part of a bargain with the US and he refused unless the men under his command were freed as well. And so he stayed a prisoner of war and was tortured more. He didn't leave until his men did too.

Trump became infamous for saying he's not a hero. Trump says he likes people who don't get caught. People were really upset and offended and Trump just doubled down.

And Trump is calling these prisoners that he just got back from N Korea heroes and great people. Journalists who got captured.

Ironic. Hugely. Big League.

The 3AM comment was about these prisoners just coming back to America. Trump said to the reporters that he bets this is the best 3AM ratings they've ever gotten. Because of these prisoners.

I'm beginning to suspect that many Americans are becoming like the frustrated soldier who trains and trains and never gets to shoot. Some of these folks seem to be salivating for Civil War.

Perhaps we don't even need to wait for the financial or govt. collapse. Perhaps we'll just have a crazy Civil War over the Con Man.

Where's my island?

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (12th May 2018), Elen (13th May 2018), Emil El Zapato (12th May 2018), Wind (12th May 2018)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Joe and Matt Taibi talked about the Doomsday Clock being closest to Midnight.

Thanks Kathy for posting the segment covering the financial collapse. It was interesting to hear Matt talk about his learning process. He didn't know anything about how Wall Street worked before covering the collapse. One person told him, "You're looking at this in terms of economics. Look at it in terms of a criminal enterprise and then you'll understand."

For those who don't know, a slew of Wall Street folks are all now in government, having been appointed by Trump.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (12th May 2018), Elen (13th May 2018), Emil El Zapato (12th May 2018), Wind (12th May 2018)