Page 20 of 200 FirstFirst ... 10171819202122233070120 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump: Illusion, Mist and Bought?

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 165 Posts
    Anyone see this week's John Oliver? Oh, this man cracks me up... But then again, I'm beyond anger at this point. I'm now just rolling my eyes and cracking up at everything making fun of the clownery of both candidates.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnpO_RTSNmQ

It worked! I can't ever get the video to show!

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Rebel&Rocket For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (26th August 2016), Aragorn (27th August 2016), Cearna (27th August 2016), Dreamtimer (30th August 2016), Elen (26th August 2016), modwiz (26th August 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,393 Times in 625 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by bsbray View Post
    This is not a new revelation. Trump admitted as much himself and it was a discussion point during the Republican primaries, though I'm sure you didn't watch any of those.

He was questioned during the debates as to his contributions to the Clinton Foundation, and Trump was actually a registered Democrat in previous years (and before that a registered Republican). His response was that yes, he donated to the Clinton Foundation, because he was a businessman and that's what you do as a businessman to get favors. He was asked what kind of favors, and he didn't specify, just something generic like "whatever I need." Basically he was admitting that he has bribed Hillary Clinton to get political favors accomplished for him (probably getting building permits that he wouldn't otherwise have been able to obtain), but he says that everyone in business and politics do this and I don't doubt him for a second that this is true. So Trump is the only guy up on stage being honest about these kinds of practices.

He also used that as an opportunity to remind everyone that, unlike the other politicians running, he had up until that time mostly been self-funding his own campaign and wasn't interested in special interest money. He has also turned down money from the Koch Brothers and has been running grass-roots fundraisers to raise millions of dollars since the general election cycle began.
    His "self funding" during the primary season is completely irrelevant now. Did you miss this post about all the whoring he is doing now during the general election? PAY TO PLAY is alive and well in the Donald Trump General Election Campaign. Hedge fund guys who made money off of the Recession are welcome. You too can buy a seat on his Economic Advisory Panel for a large donation to his campaign.. http://jandeane81.com/threads/8857-T...#post841955979
    Last edited by lift the veil, 26th August 2016 at 21:15.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lift the veil For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (27th August 2016), Cearna (27th August 2016), Dreamtimer (30th August 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    Whatever the two presidential candidates have to offer a look at their followers is just as important. In the following article, it is reported with more clarity than one can find that Trump supporters have been targets of violence and the police and media look the other way. Hillary is toxic in the extreme and that poison is amply demonstrated by the feral behavior of her followers. The enabling of such behavior by the MSM and local police shows that Trump is a real threat to the establishment and global controllers. So, the question is why. If Trump is really just the same, why is violence by Hillary supporters kept quiet and enabled. When dealing with poisons, the less deadly is preferable. Hillary is promoting global violence against those who disagree with her globalist buddies and that same "vibration" infects her followers to treat anyone who disagrees with them to see violence as a proper response.

Just wanted to lift the veil on this story and sickness.

The Real Threat... Violence From The Left

The meme that somehow Trump’s supporters are not just armed but prone to violence is one of those ideas that, if explored with even a small corner of the cranium, would be revealed as utter nonsense.

For starters, you might wish to revisit press coverage of the events hosted by Trump vs. Mrs. Clinton during their respective campaigns.

As far as I can tell, there was not a single case of Trump supporters circling Clinton events like feral dogs in order to harass her supporters as they tried to enter or leave the venues where the events were being held.

Yes, there were a couple of isolated incidents where Trump supporters were overly enthusiastic in assisting security as they subdued protesters inside Trump events, and those were shameful.

But that was nothing compared to the violence committed against participants at Trump rallies in cities such as San Jose, Richmond, Chicago, and Pittsburgh.
    The latest such incident occurred this past week in Minneapolis where a pack of cowards, unhindered by police, took turns sucker punching and robbing people trying to enter a Trump event.

It is equally disturbing when individuals are being targeted simply because they display symbols indicating they are pro-Trump.

The always erudite John Derbyshire recently asked whether Clinton supporters would be concerned for their personal safety as a consequence of placing a pro-Clinton placard on their lawn?

Of course not.

But what about a Trump supporter?

The answer is completely obvious in the affirmative.
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-0...-violence-left
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (27th August 2016), Aragorn (27th August 2016), bsbray (27th August 2016), Cearna (27th August 2016), Dreamtimer (30th August 2016), Elen (27th August 2016)

(account terminated) United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,648 Times in 2,895 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by lift the veil View Post
    PAY TO PLAY is alive and well in the Donald Trump General Election Campaign
    Are you sure you aren't thinking of the DNC email link, which actually did prove a "pay to play" scandal?

Leaked DNC Documents Show Plans To Reward Big Donors With Federal Appointments

Democratic National Committee documents recently released by WikiLeaks include spreadsheets and emails that appear to show party officials planning which donors and prominent fundraisers to provide with appointments to federal boards and commissions.
    http://dailycaller.com/2016/07/24/le...-appointments/

Then there's the pay-to-play scandal involving the Clinton Foundation while Hillary was Secretary of State, as well, which is a whole separate issue.

Your anger is great but it's pointing in the wrong direction.

Quote Originally posted by modwiz View Post
    In the following article, it is reported with more clarity than one can find that Trump supporters have been targets of violence
    This is what worries me too. Under the last Bush administration we saw a lot of neo-con warmongers from the right foaming at the mouth. Now after eight years of Obama it seems like the "progressive" social justice warriors are the ones assuming that role. Some of them are so tolerant that they will physically beat you if they feel you are too intolerant. I have seen way too many of these types, and I think most of them have probably never seen any real hardship.
    Last edited by bsbray, 27th August 2016 at 00:42.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to bsbray For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (27th August 2016), Aragorn (27th August 2016), Cearna (27th August 2016), Dreamtimer (30th August 2016), Elen (27th August 2016), modwiz (27th August 2016), Rebel&Rocket (27th August 2016)

Thanks
    In my infinite brilliance, I copied and pasted the first John Oliver Trump video that came up on Youtube...as if there was only one. Lol. Here's the one I was actually talking about from this week.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Rebel&Rocket For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (27th August 2016), Aragorn (27th August 2016), bsbray (27th August 2016), Cearna (27th August 2016), Dreamtimer (30th August 2016), Elen (27th August 2016), modwiz (27th August 2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Rebel&Rocket View Post
    In my infinite brilliance, I copied and pasted the first John Oliver Trump video that came up on Youtube...as if there was only one. Lol. Here's the one I was actually talking about from this week.

John Oliver worked hard to get his show and he is going to make his check writers pleased. Some well known psychologist with a show on CNN got canceled after questioning Hillary's health. Dr. Drew, if I recall. Trump is easy to make fun of and he is not worthy of president but, third and fourth party choices are ignored and people like a winner. I can no longer watch people who have contracts with a weaponized media. A weapon pointed at 'the people'.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (27th August 2016), Aragorn (27th August 2016), bsbray (27th August 2016), Cearna (27th August 2016), Rebel&Rocket (27th August 2016)

Thanks
    John Oliver worked hard to get his show and he is going to make his check writers pleased. Some well known psychologist with a show on CNN got canceled after questioning Hillary's health. Dr. Drew, if I recall. Trump is easy to make fun of and he is not worthy of president but, third and fourth party choices are ignored and people like a winner. I can no longer watch people who have contracts with a weaponized media. A weapon pointed at 'the people'.
    Oh, c'mon, Modwiz...I know you have a sense of humor. I sent everyone I know your Busey-Walken meme. It's 4 minutes long. You don't even have to tell anyone you laughed. You've been around this community long enough that I'm absolutely certain you've endured far more lengthy absurdity and didn't even get a giggle out of it.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rebel&Rocket For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (27th August 2016), Aragorn (27th August 2016), bsbray (27th August 2016), Cearna (27th August 2016), modwiz (27th August 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,968 Times in 20,254 Posts
    And so we're still down to the good old choice between two evils, aren't we? (Well, not me, because I'm not an Acronymian, of course.) Neither of these two candidates is fit to save the USA — and with it, the world — from the sickness that has befallen it since the assassination of JFK (and possibly even earlier). Choosing the lesser of two evils is still a choice for evil.

Among the so-called Independents, there are candidates who would be far more valid choices, in my opinion — even though I don't necessarily agree with all of what they're saying either. But those are people who mean well, and who are truly from outside of the establishment. Donald Trump sure isn't. He has aligned himself with the Republicans, and he had also already been a Democrat at an earlier point in time. (The same thing applies to Condoleezza Rice, by the way. She started off as a Democrat, but she was not allowed to run for any office because she's black, and so she jumped ship and joined the Republicans, who did offer her that option.)

If you Acronymians truly care about your country, then vote for Jill Stein or Gary Johnson, and if your state does not allow for that, then protest loudly against the corporately sponsored two-party dictatorship and boycott the elections until your state does respect the basic principles of democracy. Because if you don't, then whatever happens to the USA and to the world is on your hands.

Brother bsbray, in this post here — remember that one? — you posted the following image, and it is still as applicable today as it has ever been...:

Now, as for the fact that Hillary and her supporters are being protected, well, that's nothing new under the sun. Because unless the Acronymian populace gets off of its ass and votes an Independent candidate into the White House, the outcome of the elections has already long been determined by the cabal, i.e. Hillary must and will win, so that the USA can continue its international policy of feeding the warmongering military-industrial complex — don't forget that Raytheon is one of Hillary's major sponsors — and of aggravating the Russians and the Iranians, possibly with a nuclear conflict in the Middle East on the agenda. War is good for business, remember?

Have you guys all already long forgotten how Dubya got himself into the White House — twice? He was poised to win. So was Barack Obama. And now it's Hillary's turn, as was promised to her in 2008, in exchange for dropping out of the race against Obama when he first ran for Democratic nomination. That's how the cabal operates. It's all part of the "smoke & mirrors".

And trust me, Donald Trump isn't going to change one iota to the system. The guy has always been corrupt — he has (or at any rate, has in the past had) dealings going on with the Mafia, for crying out loud — and the only reason that the cabal has allowed him to get nominated as a presidential candidate by the Republicans, is that he makes the show more interesting by way of his antics. It's all part of the spectacle and of the illusion.

Another image our brother bsbray posted in this same post...:

But to return to Hillary, if she wasn't being protected, then she'd already be standing before a grand jury right now, on the charges of treason, murder, bribery and fraud. Obama's birth certificate was a silly joke compared to all of the dirt (and blood) under Hillary's rug. Trump doesn't have anything to offer to the cabal, so they're just using him as a patsy so as to keep the illusion of choice up.

Hillary is the one they want to put in the White House. And she's already got one foot in the door of the White House (again) right now. If you want to stop her, then do as I suggested higher up, and vote for either Jill Stein or Gary Johnson — preferably Jill Stein, as the Republicans have already stated that they would support Gary Johnson, which makes him a little dubious in my personal opinion — and boycott the elections if your local state does not allow voting for an Independent candidate.

Just my two Eurocents, guys, for whatever that's worth. I don't live in the USA. But I do live in that little place called The Rest Of The World™, and that little place does get affected by what goes on in, and who's at the helm of, the USA.

Time to step off of my beer case again...
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (27th August 2016), bsbray (27th August 2016), Cearna (27th August 2016), Elen (27th August 2016), modwiz (27th August 2016)

Thanks
    Oh, c'mon, Modwiz...I know you have a sense of humor. I sent everyone I know your Busey-Walken meme. It's 4 minutes long. You don't even have to tell anyone you laughed. You've been around this community long enough that I'm absolutely certain you've endured far more lengthy absurdity and didn't even get a giggle out of it.
    You are right and a very often used sense of humor. I watched it and I saw distraction from a greater psychopathy. I prefer the Busey-Walken ticket.

Also, I do not vote. It gets you called up for jury duty in a system that is more criminal than the people judged by it, in most cases. Juries made up of zombified citizens. I am ready for a new future and I see no sign of it in our political system supported by a clueless populace. A consumer culture is an insult to the word, culture. I work for change in an organization that is working quietly behind the scenes and finding the right people. There are hints of it in the videos I do but, spirit is attracting the right people.
    Last edited by modwiz, 27th August 2016 at 09:08.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (27th August 2016), Aragorn (27th August 2016), bsbray (27th August 2016), Cearna (27th August 2016), Elen (27th August 2016), Rebel&Rocket (27th August 2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    Now, as for the fact that Hillary and her supporters are being protected, well, that's nothing new under the sun. Because unless the Acronymian populace gets off of its ass and [B]votes an Independent candidate into the White House
    Hm. I would agree that my fellow Acronymians are shamefully complicit in much of the corruption here through inaction, but I think it's been pretty well documented that whatever ballot you cast doesn't make a bit of difference. As we've discussed in other threads - the game is rigged.

Beyond that, I am in no way convinced the smaller parties aren't full of corruption and special interest and are just as agenda-driven. I've said it before, and I'll say it again - I don't see how anyone makes a choice to go into politics these days without a death wish or some form of status and power hungry psychopathy.

Furthermore, I don't know where the rest of the Acronymians here live within the confines of these acronymian borders, but there are interesting things going on. This past week, my husband went to an organized gathering - part of a network that was happening all over the country - starting a new movement of angry Sanders supporters who want to keep moving on his principles. Bernie addressed them all via video chat and apparently stressed one thing....The biggest thing you can do to change things is to get the money out of politics and control corporate involvement. I'm personally not convinced Bernie is the answer either, but I fully support people being angry enough to do something....and something other than shooting cops and looting. But you won't see that on the news.

You know what else you won't see on the news? That this past week, it was discovered that the Obama administration paid $1.4 billion dollars to Iraq for the release of a few hostages and hid it...until someone figured it out, essentially putting targets on the backs of any Americans abroad and telling the world, "yeah, I guess we do negotiate with terrorists."

We are not the only world citizens living under a corrupt system and not doing enough about it. We're just in one of the largest, most obnoxiously cocky ones.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Rebel&Rocket For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (27th August 2016), Aragorn (27th August 2016), bsbray (27th August 2016), Cearna (29th August 2016), Elen (27th August 2016), modwiz (27th August 2016)

Thanks
    I watched it and I saw distraction from a greater psychopathy.
    It wasn't a plug for Killary. He's been just as amusingly critical of both sides.

I prefer the Busey-Walken ticket too. Christopher Walken can ramble nonsense with so much charm, he'd probably be the best candidate for that office in a long time.

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Rebel&Rocket For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (27th August 2016), Aragorn (27th August 2016), bsbray (27th August 2016), Cearna (29th August 2016), Elen (27th August 2016), modwiz (27th August 2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by bsbray View Post
    Under the last Bush administration we saw a lot of neo-con warmongers from the right foaming at the mouth. Now after eight years of Obama it seems like the "progressive" social justice warriors are the ones assuming that role. Some of them are so tolerant that they will physically beat you if they feel you are too intolerant. I have seen way too many of these types, and I think most of them have probably never seen any real hardship.
    I'm having a difficult time deciphering the situation. There's always going to be a handful of off-their-rocker extremists. We just can't avoid that (for some reason). Is it really as bad as it seems, or is it where the media focuses the attention? I know people are angry and totally misguided, but why is it most will only act when they're inspired to be violent? What is that?

This is how ridiculous it is right now...A 19yo unarmed white kid was shot and killed by police here not long ago. The day after, people - LOTS of people, actually - seriously went out to the spot where he was killed the day before and did a "White Lives Matter" protest. What?!!? The media has created these race wars. Are they doing the same thing with political wars? Constantly airing this stuff as if whispering in people's ears "do it - get angry and get out there and beat the s**t out of someone because you don't agree with them."

I just want to buy up billboards all over the country and put "You can't fight intolerance with intolerance" on them. Although, let's face it...unless a Pokemon ended up on one of them, no one would even notice.

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Rebel&Rocket For This Useful Post:

(account terminated) United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,648 Times in 2,895 Posts
    I used to watch stuff like this, and Jon Stewart, and Stephen Colbert. They all target the same audience I think, mostly millennials with a progressive bent. The biggest problem I have with these comical commentaries is that they all still toe the party line at the end of the day, and I don't find that funny. They don't believe that our election system is actually rigged, they don't seem to realize the depth of corruption in our system, and they don't seem to understand the role they are playing in the establishment media machine. Because they are definitely establishment supporters. Stewart is apparently particularly flabberghasted as he even felt the need to come out of retirement and use Colbert's platform to rant in his progressive liberal righteousness about the total mind-melting insanity of Trump. Though I used to find some of it funny back when Bush was president I have always realized that it is ultimately a progressive political show before it's a comedy show.

Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    And so we're still down to the good old choice between two evils, aren't we? (Well, not me, because I'm not an Acronymian, of course.) Neither of these two candidates is fit to save the USA — and with it, the world — from the sickness that has befallen it since the assassination of JFK (and possibly even earlier). Choosing the lesser of two evils is still a choice for evil.
    I'm not convinced of that. I'm still waiting for someone to paint me the picture as to why we can reasonably say that Trump is any of the following: racist, insane, evil, not serious, or going to blow up the world. People get themselves really worked up and hot and heavy and say these kinds of things in their righteous anger, fueled by the emotional nonsense pouring out of CNN and MSNBC no doubt, but good reasoning isn't usually born out of elevated emotional states and I've actually yet to be convinced that Trump is any of those things that the media keeps calling him. I'm really curious why people are actually listening to what the media says about this and believing them.

The first problem is that our election system really is rigged. Who keeps saying that? Donald Trump. It happens to be true. It's largely why 3rd party candidates don't stand a snowball's chance in hell. They're even more unknown quantities to the establishment than Donald Trump is. The only reason the establishment isn't beating up on them more is because it isn't worried about them. The establishment is worried about someone else being elected, which says to me that there is a real 2nd faction vying for power which understands and can overcome the way the system happens to be rigged. They are worried on both sides of the political aisle. And European media is calling Trump a "populist" for good reason, though I get the feeling that in the mouths of liberal French and German news commentators that this is meant to be more of a slur against backward Americans than anything.
    Last edited by bsbray, 27th August 2016 at 18:30. Reason: merged two posts

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to bsbray For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (27th August 2016), Aragorn (28th August 2016), Cearna (29th August 2016), Elen (27th August 2016), genevieve (6th September 2016), modwiz (27th August 2016), Wind (29th August 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,393 Times in 625 Posts
    Hmmm, this smacks of Bohemian Grove antics... This may have been posted before, but IDGAS.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lift the veil For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (29th August 2016), Cearna (30th August 2016), Elen (29th August 2016), modwiz (29th August 2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by lift the veil View Post
    Hmmm, this smacks of Bohemian Grove antics... This may have been posted before, but IDGAS.
    Ohhhh....that is disturbing on so many levels. Where'd you find that? Was it meant for public consumption or leaked somehow? I agree though - definitely looks like some Bohemian Boys Club antics.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rebel&Rocket For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (29th August 2016), Cearna (30th August 2016), Elen (29th August 2016), modwiz (29th August 2016)