Page 188 of 200 FirstFirst ... 88138178185186187188189190191198 ... LastLast
Results 2,806 to 2,820 of 2998

Thread: Trump: Illusion, Mist and Bought?

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    The latest savior from PA. Dr. Claude Curran. Was friends with a saint prophet in Italy that prophesied that Trump would be America back to God.

Here's his story, I'll cover the purported Priest involved after this. The one common thread is that one will always find this kind of related info, yet the drumbeat (in the head) keeps things marching on.

Dr. Claude Curran, in a 2006 file photo. (Bill Greene/Globe Staff)

DR. CLAUDE Curran sees himself as a thorn in the side of the medical establishment. If the state Board of Registration in Medicine makes its case, he may soon be removed.

Curran, who practices out of a ramshackle house in Fall River, is a relentless pill pusher, according to a 50-page board complaint. It alleges that the 56-year-old psychiatrist “inappropriately prescribed’’ Vicodin or benzodiazepine tranquilizers to at least 25 patients, often without conducting proper tests or medical histories. To his patients, however, Curran is a lifesaver who has snatched them from the horrors of heroin and OxyContin addiction.

On a recent weekday, addicts filled Curran’s waiting room. Some had their kids in tow. Some were on lunch breaks from work. Others haven’t worked in years. A burly man with two skull tattoos on his forehead stood apart from the other patients. Crowds, he said, make him nervous after serving 22 years in prison for “everything but murder.’’ Eventually, they all get ushered into Curran’s cramped office where Elvis memorabilia hangs on prime wall space normally reserved for medical diplomas.

Massachusetts is in the grip of a drug epidemic. Heroin is cheap, pure, and abundant. The addiction rate for OxyContin, a powerful pain killer, has jumped 950 percent in the last decade, according to a recent legislative report. And public health officials and police can’t seem to get a grip on the diversion of prescription pain medications. Where does the unorthodox Curran fit into this picture? Is he just a so-called “croaker’’ who prescribes drugs irresponsibly to addicts? Would revocation or suspension of his medical license alleviate the drug problem in Fall River, or exacerbate it? While state fact finders prepare to hear the specific allegations against him, state public health officials should study the wider policy implications of his case.

Curran is also in hot water over his enthusiasm for Suboxone - a cutting edge drug containing buprenorphine that offers maintenance therapy to opiate addicts. The drug, he says, has fewer side effects and less potential for abuse than methadone, a synthetic opioid that blocks the effects of heroin. It’s also cheaper. Despite such advantages, federal drug regulators place tight restrictions on its use. Physicians are required to take a special course before offering the drug, and even then each doctor can prescribe it to no more than 100 patients. Curran thinks such restrictions are ridiculous. The cap was just 30 patients in 2005 when he lit up the radar of the Drug Enforcement Administration by prescribing buprenorphine to more than 700 patients. The feds cracked down. Curran, in turn, organized a protest by addicts and their families at the JFK Building in Boston. Whatever might be said about Curran’s practice of medicine, it isn’t furtive.

Curran acknowledges that he is seen as a “cowboy’’ in his field. But his belief in Suboxone is quite mainstream. Dr. Kevin Hill, a psychiatrist at McLean Hospital, considers Suboxone, combined with behavioral therapy, to be the best his field has to offer for opiate addiction. Hill thinks the 100-patient cap is reasonable. The bigger problem, he says, is that too few doctors in the state have chosen to undergo the specialized training needed to prescribe the drug to addicts. Doctors aren’t exactly lining up to treat such challenging patients, especially at Medicaid rates. About 900 of the roughly 24,000 active physicians in the state can prescribe Suboxone, but only 343 of them list their services on an easily searchable data base.

Curran’s door, however, is always open. Amanda, a 28-year-old addict, tells him that she is desperate to get off methadone. She and other addicts say methadone is murder on their teeth due to the side effects of extreme dry mouth. Yet she lines up at a Fall River methadone clinic for her daily dose to avoid getting “dope sick.’’ Curran is dismissive of methadone clinics, which he says can “trigger’’ illicit drug use by forcing daily contact with other addicts. But he can’t prescribe Suboxone in his private office for Amanda without exceeding the cap.

The allegations against Curran are disturbing, but so is the difficulty of finding effective drug treatment. Most doctors in Massachusetts are allergic to treating addicts. Does the Board of Registration in Medicine have a prescription for that?

[me] Seems like another guy looking for a favor ... and who doesn't mind taking down the edifice of truth to get it!

Please keep the internet ... it is causing the downfall of civilization because it gives such underserving people a platform.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (13th December 2020), Elen (13th December 2020)

Thanks
    CATHOLICS FOR A FREE CHOICE

Faithless Politics: Priests for Life Defies Constitution and Conscience

Giacomo Capoverdi, priest associate Capoverdi is a political professional who before entering the priesthood worked for mayors Buddy Cianci and Joseph Paolino of Providence, Rhode Island. Cianci is as of this writing serving a five-year federal prison term for racketeering; Paolino took over for Cianci in 1984 when the latter resigned his office after pleading no contest to charges he attacked his ex-wife’s lover with a lit cigarette and a fireplace log. Cianci and Capoverdi appear to have remained chums after the latter became a priest: At a 2001 fund-raiser for Cianci’s “political hard core,” the Providence Journal-Bulletin reported, Capoverdi “did a terrific send-up of Cianci and offered a solemn prayer asking for blessings upon the mayor.” The Associated Press in 2002 summed up prosecutors’ view of Providence in Capoverdi’s time: “a city for sale, one where even routine dealings with City Hall—applying for jobs, looking for tax breaks and bidding on contracts— meant greasing a few palms.” PFL in announcing its 2005 hiring of Capoverdi said he would “foster political responsibility among God’s people” and “equip his fellow priests…to organize more effectively for pro-life activity.”

Jesus, it just never fails.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (13th December 2020), Elen (13th December 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,303 Times in 7,219 Posts

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (13th December 2020), Dreamtimer (14th December 2020), Elen (14th December 2020), Emil El Zapato (13th December 2020)

Thanks
    hilarious ... LOL

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (13th December 2020), Dreamtimer (14th December 2020), Elen (14th December 2020), Wind (14th December 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts
    OMG your looking forward to a ped? sniffing DS proven Fwit taking USA to greater things Wind, on ya mate, in the future many will say , oh i was just following what the news told me, i did not know my own mind and choices, really Wind ?.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Emil El Zapato (13th December 2020)

Thanks
    Aianawa, I don't need the news to tell me that Trump is an obnoxious toddler in an adult's body.

It would be bad enough if he was in charge of a kindergarten, but he actually gets to lead US.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (15th December 2020), Aragorn (14th December 2020), Dreamtimer (14th December 2020), Elen (15th December 2020), Emil El Zapato (14th December 2020)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Why in the world would being glad Trump's gone magically transform into supporting a ped?

That is a seriously low blow.

Major claims require major evidence, of which there is none. Zip. Nada.

I think you've crossed the line, Aianawa. That's the sort of assumption that gets innocent people shot.
    Last edited by Dreamtimer, 14th December 2020 at 14:55.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (15th December 2020), Aragorn (14th December 2020), Elen (15th December 2020), Emil El Zapato (14th December 2020), Wind (14th December 2020)

Thanks

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (15th December 2020), Aragorn (14th December 2020), Dreamtimer (15th December 2020), Elen (15th December 2020), Emil El Zapato (14th December 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,968 Times in 20,254 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aianawa View Post
    OMG your looking forward to a ped? sniffing DS proven Fwit taking USA to greater things Wind, on ya mate, in the future many will say , oh i was just following what the news told me, i did not know my own mind and choices, really Wind ?.
    Coming from a guy who's been promoting the Q nonsense on this forum for several years already now in spite of all the evidence that it was and still is nothing but nonsense and mass psychosis, I find both your statement that Joe Biden would be a pedophile and your barely comprehensible reference to knowing one's mind quite ludicrous, Vern, and especially so when the only places you get your information from are far-right websites, woo-woo websites and questionable YouTube channels that present equally questionable and ostensibly agenda-driven content.

You conduct yourself on this forum as someone who claims to know everything much better than everyone else, and yet time and again you are providing evidence of that which you claim to know being nothing more than a phantasm from a pipe dream in which ─ quoting my brother Wind from elsewhere on this forum ─ unicorns are farting rainbows. Meanwhile, this forum in and of itself, and most of the other people participating in these exchanges, have both of their feet on the ground in something we call reality.

Down here on Planet Earth, things are looking quite different from your La-La Land, Vern. You should really try opening your eyes some day.

Here, let me help you on your way... Hunter Biden, Joe Biden's son, is the one exposed as having had sex with underage girls. Joe Biden, Hunter Biden's father, is the one elected to succeed Donald Trump in the White House. Two different people, see? They even have different first names.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (15th December 2020), Dreamtimer (15th December 2020), Elen (15th December 2020), Emil El Zapato (14th December 2020), Wind (14th December 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,968 Times in 20,254 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Wind View Post
    He's also making sure that a lot of people currently still on death row are being executed before he leaves the White House. I'd say that makes him a murderer, but then again, that allegation goes for every president of the USA, and Trump has already long ago earned his "I'm a Murderer" badge.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (15th December 2020), Dreamtimer (15th December 2020), Elen (15th December 2020), Emil El Zapato (14th December 2020), Wind (14th December 2020)

Thanks

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (15th December 2020), Aragorn (14th December 2020), Dreamtimer (15th December 2020), Elen (15th December 2020), Emil El Zapato (14th December 2020)

Thanks
    I think they'll drag him out but it will be without a desk ... that's is a nicely made video ...

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (15th December 2020), Aragorn (14th December 2020), Dreamtimer (15th December 2020), Elen (15th December 2020), Wind (15th December 2020)

Thanks
    Going to be interesting few weeks, lots of surprises indeed, Ped? Biden is well known and well documented hence creepy being well gained from him, Movie is FN amazing so will order more popcorn, feel you will need it also, much anger from unknown minds a coming.

Thanks
    Starts 2 min 45 secs in > the two narratives smashing each other atm, best movie ever

Thanks

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (16th December 2020), Emil El Zapato (16th December 2020)