Page 15 of 200 FirstFirst ... 5121314151617182565115 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump: Illusion, Mist and Bought?

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,244 Times in 922 Posts
    Very early on in the Republican Primary, I raised the idea that maybe Trump is a Clinton plant in the Republican Presidential race. No evidence, just intuition. Is anyone really that good?

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to lcam88 For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd July 2016), bsbray (21st July 2016), Cearna (22nd July 2016), Dreamtimer (21st July 2016), Elen (21st July 2016), modwiz (21st July 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by lcam88 View Post
    Very early on in the Republican Primary, I raised the idea that maybe Trump is a Clinton plant in the Republican Presidential race. No evidence, just intuition. Is anyone really that good?
    My intuition tells me differently, though I cannot discount the the Clinton's thinking he is their plant and Trump allowing them to think so. It may be a nuanced difference but, my hunch is Trump is a sociopath with all of the negative personal traits associated with it. The Clinton clan is psychopathic. I do not believe Trump could be comfortable and casual with blood on his hands. A sociopath is a maladjusted human, a psychopath is not a human in any way other than biological. Sociopaths maintain some human psychology and a soul spark while psychopaths have gone dead in that very uniquely human part. The part that makes one human or not, despite biology.

My theory will get tested should Trump become president. I guess we cannot rule out clones if the real Trump becomes unmanageable. We need new ideas for self-governance anyway. This current game stinks and is poorly conceived.
    Last edited by modwiz, 21st July 2016 at 15:27.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd July 2016), bsbray (21st July 2016), Cearna (22nd July 2016), Dreamtimer (22nd July 2016), Elen (21st July 2016), Wind (24th July 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,393 Times in 625 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by blufire View Post
    Trump is gong to run the country like he does his business empire.

He will surround himself with the best of the best to do each job. An attribute of successful people is wise delegation and strong calculated leadership. Trump has those qualities in spades.

He is a business man than will use the political stupidity to his advantage. . . He already has.

The 'globalist' see this and acknowledge he is a very valuable 'tool' to move globalization of our planet forward even more quickly.
    Oh yeah, like the best of the best includes the mob guys that THE DON worked with to "build his business empire." http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...en-linked-mob/ The mob is just the lower level minions of the cabal anyway.

And we have already seen who he wanted to put in charge of the Treasury, an ex Goldman Sachs executive (mid level cabal bankers), http://jandeane81.com/threads/8857-T...#post841954466

The main selling feature of Trump was that he was not beholden to anyone, he was an outsider, that his actions/decision making could not be bought. But if he is going to outsource all the presidential actions/decision making to others, then what difference does it make if he is an outsider, if all he puts into office are insiders, like an ex Goldman Sachs executive in charge of the Treasury. Smoke and Mirrors. Bait and Switch...

This is a long con job on the American people. And yes, I know all presidents are puppets but what gets me is that people think the Donald is different.
    Last edited by lift the veil, 21st July 2016 at 15:14.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to lift the veil For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd July 2016), bsbray (21st July 2016), Cearna (22nd July 2016), Dreamtimer (22nd July 2016), Elen (21st July 2016), modwiz (22nd July 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    He is different lift the veil. That's the point. It is the deployment of a next phase in the overall strategy of globalization.

He uses social media highly effectively. He is not politically correct. The last few years (obama) have been used to rile up the blacks, Hispanic, lbgt, . . Trump will now rile up the middle class whites.

Division and polarization of our population will be almost complete.

Financial system dismantling will continue.

Religion will continued to be nullified.

We have to think past just our country's borders and begin to analyze what a global government will look like.
    Religion

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to blufire For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd July 2016), bsbray (21st July 2016), Cearna (22nd July 2016), Dreamtimer (22nd July 2016), modwiz (21st July 2016), Wind (24th July 2016)

(account terminated) United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,648 Times in 2,895 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by lift the veil View Post
    WTH are you talking about?

Did you completely miss the point that TRUMP really doesn't want to be president. I knew it all along, that this was just a friggin' joke to him. He just wants to see if he can win the Presidential Beauty Contest.
    For a joke he is doing pretty well, better than most. If Trump is a joke then maybe a joke is still better than what we have been getting in the presidency huh? It would be a lot better than wanting to start WW3.

I really think what you are interpreting as a "joke" is really just a new and very unconventional campaign strategy that uses any and all opportunities for media coverage, for free advertizing. The effects that this is producing should be evidence enough that this is not a joke. Despite being the party front runner since last fall, Trump has at the same time been the underdog the whole time because of all the bashing and spin coming from the media, and yet none of it has stopped him. That's not an accident or a joke. There is a deliberate strategy in how this is occurring, and it's in those images I posted on the last page.

He wants the title, but not the responsibility and will just callously outsource the job to someone else to handle while he takes the credit for their work. He will drive around in the limo and make appearances where he can continue to spout his drivel. All along, he will be the PR person and PROMOTE HIS OWN BRAND to make money. That is all this has ever been is a big advertising junket for him to sell his TRUMP merchandise, which is made overseas.
    Delegating powers is typical for anybody who has a lot of responsibility, whether it's a businessman or the president of the United States. For the presidency, it's what the cabinet positions are created for. Whoever is assigned to positions such as Secretary of State, Secretary of Labor, Defense, Education, etc., are going to be the people dealing with those issues on a day-to-day basis. All any president does is just make general policy decisions and manage the people appointed to these positions.

In any kind of business, you have regular employees, and you have managers. There is usually a hierarchy of managers going up to the owners of the company. Responsibilities are delegated, but if a company is unsuccessful then responsibility ultimately falls to the guy in charge, at the top, because he is the boss of all the managers who are managing everyone else. Trump's campaign so far has exceeded all the media's prediction of failure and limitation that I listed on the previous page. That would indicate that the campaign is being managed fairly well when these results are considered (and considering anything other than the results or "bottom line" to determine success is pointless), and Trump is the boss of the campaign overseeing all of his managers.

So even if you think he is taking this as a joke or never does anything but ride around in limos, he must be pretty good at riding in limos judging by the results he's getting from it.

One more point that was also brought up before is that he's also said contradictory things in regards to whether or not he actually wants to build a wall on the Mexican border, and on abortion, torture, etc. Like I said, I think he's going to be telling a lot of people whatever they want to hear so that they'll go along with him for the time being. So you shouldn't be taking the comment to Kasich that seriously in the first place.

That is just like the book you reference above. HE DID NOT WRITE IT. A ghostwriter did and now Don the Con takes credit for it. Now he wants to do the same with the PRESIDENCY of the USA, outsource the job. WTF!!!
    He hired a ghost writer to do the actual writing, but the guy who wrote it had to interview Trump for the information that went into the book. If you read the articles going around about this, the guy says himself that he is very liberal and so he didn't agree with the information that he was putting into the book, and that when he interviewed Trump, Trump would only give him a little bit of information at a time before becoming bored with him and so he didn't have a very enjoyable time writing it.

This is what lots of people do, who are famous, or have a lot of money, and don't have the time or literary ability to sit down and actually write out a whole book themselves (including our sitting president, Obama). If you want to be outraged with the general practice then you had plenty of opportunity before because ghost writers are used all the time, but if you're saying that Trump wasn't the source of actual strategies in that book, then you've been had by media spin. The ghost writer's own words indicate that he didn't come up with all of the ideas in the book because he says himself that he doesn't agree with a lot of them because of his political values, which by the way would also give you his motive for coming out and bashing Trump despite being hired to do the actual writing of his book.

I want to post these images again here since this thread is getting long and it's going to be harder to find things later:

Attachment 1562

Attachment 1563

Attachment 1564

Those underlined parts are the key to remember whenever you hear any number of ridiculous news stories about Trump, from the story that he was going to make his daughter vice president, to whether or not his hair is real, to Trump steaks, or things he posts on his Twitter page. He is getting millions of dollars of free advertizing.
    Last edited by bsbray, 21st July 2016 at 17:38.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bsbray For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd July 2016), blufire (22nd July 2016), Dreamtimer (22nd July 2016), jimmer (21st July 2016), modwiz (21st July 2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by blufire View Post
    We have to think past just our country's borders and begin to analyze what a global government will look like.
    Trump is a nationalist by any indication of the types of things he says, and one who wants to improve relations with Putin (who is openly anti-globalism as well) and replace the nuclear deal with Iran only to make it more economically advantageous to the US.

Nationalists and globalists do not get along very well. Incidentally you know that CIA and Pentagon-backed armies have been in an open struggle to the death against each other in Syria over the last few months? My point is that we are not 100% ruled by 1 faction that just gets whatever they want, all day every day. If that were the case we wouldn't still be here arguing about all of this, they'd have already sent the dissenters off to the gulags just like they did in Soviet Russia, or Nazi Germany. We aren't there yet.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bsbray For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd July 2016), Aragorn (21st July 2016), Chester (22nd July 2016), Dreamtimer (22nd July 2016), jimmer (21st July 2016), modwiz (21st July 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,393 Times in 625 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by bsbray View Post
    Delegating powers is typical for anybody who has a lot of responsibility, whether it's a businessman or the president of the United States. For the presidency, it's what the cabinet positions are created for. Whoever is assigned to positions such as Secretary of State, Secretary of Labor, Defense, Education, etc., are going to be the people dealing with those issues on a day-to-day basis. All any president does is just make general policy decisions and manage the people appointed to these positions.
    Really, a president just makes general policy decisions? Well maybe if you are Trump. A serious President who understands the magnitude/gravity of their position would be personally making strategic long/middle/short time decisions that will not only affect the direction of America but the WORLD as a whole. A serious president would actively monitor and make hands on decisions on the most important of those issues. For example, one would not just let the generals run nilly willy and make decisions on their own. That is why an informed and well studied civilian commander in chief makes the final decisions on the direction of how the military will be deployed.

But no, Trump will just let Mike Pence make all those important decisions. Because he would rather ride around in his limo and make appearances to dumb ass crowds who are foaming at the mouth like rabid dogs.

And yes, I know what the role of the Cabinet is for, but Trump wants to give over all decision making and responsibility over to everyone else rather than having to do anything. Well if that is the case, then hell I should run for President!

In any kind of business, you have regular employees, and you have managers. There is usually a hierarchy of managers going up to the owners of the company. Responsibilities are delegated, but if a company is unsuccessful then responsibility ultimately falls to the guy in charge, at the top, because he is the boss of all the managers who are managing everyone else. Trump's campaign so far has exceeded all the media's prediction of failure and limitation that I listed on the previous page. That would indicate that the campaign is being managed fairly well when these results are considered (and considering anything other than the results or "bottom line" to determine success is pointless), and Trump is the boss of the campaign overseeing all of his managers.
    Really, well I used to be a manager at a Fortune 500 company and I know very well that the most successful CEOs are those that have risen up the ranks, work in in all levels of management and cross-train across the various parts of the business so they know it from the inside out. They make hands on decisions and are actively participating in the direction of their business.They were not given their position by daddy along with the silver spoon in their mouth. Those types aren't very successful, just as George Bush Jr., Cheney made the decisions for Bush, and we see how that turned out. Maybe that is where Trump got the idea of delegating all foreign and domestic policy to the VP, is from the Bush model. Oops, that did not turn out too well.
    Last edited by lift the veil, 21st July 2016 at 21:09.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lift the veil For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd July 2016), Aragorn (21st July 2016), bsbray (21st July 2016), Dreamtimer (22nd July 2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by lift the veil View Post
    Really, a president just makes general policy decisions? Well maybe if you are Trump. A serious President who understands the magnitude/gravity of their position would be personally making strategic long/middle/short time decisions that will not only affect the direction of America but the WORLD as a whole.
    They do, by delegating powers to their secretaries, military officials and bureaucrats. For example when the Obama administration decided to overthrow the sovereign government in Libya and create chaos, Obama didn't go to Libya himself with an M16. Hillary Clinton, as Secretary of State, was largely responsible for coordinating that, along with the military leaders who answered to the Obama administration. Obama just made the general policy decision. This is delegation of powers. There is a chain of command. One man doesn't physically do everything. This has been the case since George Washington.

All of this is a moot point anyway because we've already seen that Trump will tell people whatever he thinks they want to hear, probably without knowing himself what he's going to do next.

Really, well I used to be a manager at a Fortune 500 company and I know very well that the most successful CEOs are those that have risen up the ranks, work in in all levels of management and cross-train across the various parts of the business so they know it from the inside out. They make hands on decisions and are actively participating in the direction of their business.They were not given their position by daddy along with the silver spoon in their mouth. Those types aren't very successful, just as George Bush Jr., Cheney made the decisions for Bush, and we see how that turned out. Maybe that is where Trump got the idea of delegating all foreign and domestic policy to the VP, is from the Bush model. Oops, that did not turn out too well.
    You are really stretching a single news article really thin to make your argument. You said before that you were already convinced that Trump isn't serious about being president, and I don't know what you are basing that idea on to begin with. You saw a news article, which could be true or false given how many times Trump has changed his mind or said contradictory things, and it confirmed your pre-formed opinion so now you're just that much more set into it. I am trying not to rely on just feelings and opinions and I don't see where you have a very strong case, for reasons given above. I don't have any interest in arguing about it anymore either really unless you have other evidence that Trump's campaign is just a prank.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bsbray For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd July 2016), Chester (22nd July 2016), Dreamtimer (22nd July 2016), jimmer (21st July 2016), modwiz (21st July 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,116 Times in 3,777 Posts
    debating hatred never gets anywhere.
    Last edited by Aragorn, 22nd July 2016 at 11:53. Reason: no ad hominems, jimmer — you know the rules

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jimmer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd July 2016), bsbray (22nd July 2016), Cearna (22nd July 2016), Chester (22nd July 2016), Elen (22nd July 2016), modwiz (21st July 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    Trump made a statement that originally aired first on Sputnik news, where he said US military presence abroad is unnecessary. That is so true and a point I made in another thread. This must have made someone hit the roof because Sputnik's English portal is not operating. For any article. I found a reprint of it here.http://tapnewswire.com/2016/07/trump...und-the-globe/

Here is that part:

'Trump Deems Permanent US Military Presence Abroad ‘Unnecessary’
    © REUTERS/ Gretchen Ertl
    WORLD

10:00 21.07.2016(updated 10:22 21.07.2016)
    Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump has said he supports sending US troops abroad, though it is not necessary to deploy forces overseas on a constant basis.

CLEVELAND (Sputnik) — Trump has been repeatedly criticized for a foreign policy perceived as isolationist and an alleged refusal to realize the US exclusiveness in the world, which is the cornerstone of the country’s foreign strategy and its military doctrine.

“If we decide we have to defend the United States, we can always deploy [from the US soil]… and it will be a lot less expensive,” Trump told The New York Times newspaper in an interview published on Wednesday.

Washington has a wide network of military bases in nearly all regions of the world, with over 150,000 US servicemen serving there. Over the last 15 years, the United States participated in dozens of armed conflicts abroad and was engaged in military operations in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Trump also said that if he becomes the US president, he would support other NATO states in case of Russia’s attack on them only if the allies “fulfilled their obligations” in regard to Washington.
    Who knows how long this very "dangerous" thought will be up on the web.
    Last edited by modwiz, 22nd July 2016 at 03:50.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd July 2016), Aragorn (22nd July 2016), Bob (22nd July 2016), bsbray (22nd July 2016), Cearna (22nd July 2016), Chester (22nd July 2016), Dreamtimer (22nd July 2016)

Senior Member United States Chester's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,591 Times in 1,349 Posts
    Trump = a salesman

Hillery = a pathological liar

it's a no brainer choice
    All the above is all and only my opinion. It may contain some sharing of components of my current operating strategy and some foundational components of my current world view - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

It's just a ride

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGD...vgBsCHmlC13jOg

https://www.facebook.com/samhunter57

http://merlynagain.blogspot.com/

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd July 2016), Aragorn (22nd July 2016), bsbray (22nd July 2016), Cearna (22nd July 2016), Dreamtimer (22nd July 2016), modwiz (22nd July 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,469 Times in 10,174 Posts
    Choice, do you mean tptW, factions if you like, have allowed two choices ?.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (22nd July 2016), bsbray (22nd July 2016), Cearna (22nd July 2016), Dreamtimer (22nd July 2016)

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,318 Times in 5,067 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by jimmer View Post
    debating hatred never gets anywhere.
    Right on the button, Jimmer!

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd July 2016), Aragorn (22nd July 2016), bsbray (22nd July 2016), Cearna (22nd July 2016), Dreamtimer (22nd July 2016), modwiz (22nd July 2016)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Sam Hunter View Post
    Trump = a salesman

Hillery = a pathological liar

it's a no brainer choice
    Remember how everyone thought the economy was going to be great under Bush, the MBA president? He was not actually very good at running businesses. And he ran our economy into the ground. Bush's real credentials were being governor. As with Romney, though his campaign was all about Bain Capital. The reason Governors are usually the strongest candidates is because they have actual experience running government which is not the same as running a business.

I don't want the country run like a corporation where the CEO is only answerable to the shareholders and not the people or community. The shareholders aren't going to be the American people. They're gonna be whoever gave money and has the most power.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (22nd July 2016), bsbray (22nd July 2016), Chester (22nd July 2016), Elen (22nd July 2016), modwiz (22nd July 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 81,103 Times in 20,306 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    I don't want the country run like a corporation where the CEO is only answerable to the shareholders and not the people or community. The shareholders aren't going to be the American people. They're gonna be whoever gave money and has the most power.
    You've just described the European Union.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

bsbray (22nd July 2016), Chester (22nd July 2016), Dreamtimer (22nd July 2016), Elen (22nd July 2016), modwiz (22nd July 2016)