Page 159 of 200 FirstFirst ... 59109149156157158159160161162169 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,385 of 2998

Thread: Trump: Illusion, Mist and Bought?

Thanks
    Thanked 27,481 Times in 7,284 Posts

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (25th August 2020), Aragorn (25th August 2020), Dreamtimer (30th August 2020), Elen (26th August 2020), Emil El Zapato (25th August 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,469 Times in 10,174 Posts
    Delusional indeed, everyone (i thought ) had seen the facts and everdance that Obama admin spied on Trump , saying it was not so, will not make it not, Wind your an intelligent person, do you not know the truth of spying ? the facts ?, honestly ?.

Thanks
    Thanked 81,103 Times in 20,306 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aianawa View Post
    Delusional indeed, everyone (i thought ) had seen the facts and everdance that Obama admin spied on Trump , saying it was not so, will not make it not, Wind your an intelligent person, do you not know the truth of spying ? the facts ?, honestly ?.
    And what about you,Vern? Do you not see the truth behind the propaganda, the double standards, the lies and the slandering?

Don't bother answering ─ it was a rhetorical question.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (25th August 2020), Elen (26th August 2020), Emil El Zapato (25th August 2020), Wind (25th August 2020)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    I didn't think so many Americans would fall hook line and sinker for the illusion. Denial is a powerful veil over their minds.

You can see the hard evidence coming out about Russia and it's interference. Interference in our elections, power grids, social media, and more.

So some folks will need to beat their drums even harder while their fingers are in their ears and their mouths are busy la-la-la-ing.
    Times a changing DT, China China China

Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    And what about you,Vern? Do you not see the truth behind the propaganda, the double standards, the lies and the slandering?

Don't bother answering ─ it was a rhetorical question.
    Prefer to answer to the Questions direction ta Aragorn.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Elen (26th August 2020), Emil El Zapato (25th August 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,177 Times in 11,952 Posts
    lol, what is he promising ... I don't waste time watching b.s. - dun matter where it comes from, because it never changes ... the only thing that changes is change. Trump: No, Biden: Maybe (and therein lies the 'promise') and even if nothing changes ultimately, I'll take my chances on the continuance of progress no matter how slow and inherently unpromising. Better fed than dead!

Spying? that perspective is so laden with propaganda and NLP, that I can't think straight. Aianawa, you are being led by the nose and a yoke. Free thyself, Pilgrim!
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (29th August 2020), Aragorn (25th August 2020), Elen (26th August 2020), Wind (25th August 2020)

Thanks

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (29th August 2020), Aragorn (28th August 2020), Elen (29th August 2020), Emil El Zapato (29th August 2020)

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,318 Times in 5,067 Posts
    Yeah...damned if you do...and damned if you don't. Choices?

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (29th August 2020), Aragorn (29th August 2020), Dreamtimer (1st September 2020), Emil El Zapato (29th August 2020), Wind (29th August 2020)

Thanks
    Incredible man indeed >

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Elen (30th August 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 81,103 Times in 20,306 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aianawa View Post
    Incredible man indeed >

You don't see him pardoning Edward Snowden or Julian Assange, do you?
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (29th August 2020), Elen (30th August 2020), Emil El Zapato (29th August 2020), Fred Steeves (29th August 2020), Wind (29th August 2020)

Thanks
    Oh was unaware that they were imprisoned for similar things to Johnstone, i will research Aragorn.

Thanks
    Once again Chris Hedges hit the nail on the head.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXl3jJTV5CU

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (30th August 2020), Dreamtimer (31st August 2020), Elen (31st August 2020), Emil El Zapato (30th August 2020), Fred Steeves (31st August 2020)

Thanks
    Apparently a right winger was shot to death in Portland last night:

2 possibilities: He was offed by one of his colleagues for personal or group reasons.

OR

the left-wing is getting serious. It's bad ... but as historical perspective there is that little matter of the Revolutionary War...

What is the difference between a terrorist and a patriot? Popular support. Choose your side and your weapon.

Dore is skewed, he just wants to rabble-rouse. There are some problems that ONLY government can solve. We can only hope the government in charge is not fascist.

Obama did no such thing...he signed a bill under official protest because it is what the right and the people wanted. Same with Biden. They both served the people. A foreign concept to most people. Clinton, the very same thing, as he stated in his memoirs, gutting the movement for democratic welfare under pressure from the right and the people in general. He caved, but he didn't conceive it. If he didn't what would have been the results? A totally failed administration.

There has always been an imbalance of power, the free market notion forwarded by the right for decades won the conflict. Why not ... power, money, white power, i could go on.
    Last edited by Emil El Zapato, 30th August 2020 at 16:47.

Thanks
    If Biden 'promises' to help, he will lose... he can't say it but he will try.

Life got worse under Obama? Where in the name of reality does this guy get his information. I don't know what he is pushing for but it isn't for progress for the underclass.

Thanks
    This can actually be a real learning moment or not:

There are many from both sides of the carpet suggesting that Trump is actively exacerbating the law and order conflict in the U.S. It really is obvious for anyone that watches events unfold. He is doing so to enhance his support of the 'scared' middle American that is now shaking in their boots waiting for the lawless others to come get them in their suburban homes. It is working for Trump. So now the question becomes what will Biden do to counter the dirt level (Hades level) approach to power and success?

His alternatives are limited? What can he say? I'm gonna git those damn thugs? I'm going to let them vie for their rights and will, in fact, aid them in their quest?

lol, that looks like a lose lose for the good guys and a win/win for the most deceitful humans on the face of the Earth. As usual. This is what most 'left' vloggers miss entirely when they're spieling their spiel. The hard reality of what liberals are confronted with. Their own honesty, credibility, integrity against the subhumans disregard for anything representing human decency.

A Dialectic that has worked since 'civilization' began for those that just don't care about anything but power and themselves. And what is worse it is a dialectic that goes to the very foundations of good and evil.

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Here's what an Iowan farmer has to say:

It’s dry. So dry that my neighbor Steve Drey, the tractor parts man who hears it first, figures that the combines might start rolling through the brown corn in just a week or two. Some farmers are cutting corn for livestock silage, and it’s punky.

One hundred fifty bushels per acre should be the ballpark crop yield around Storm Lake, Iowa, which is in severe drought along with much of the Corn Belt. That’s a 25% yield chop off expectations. It makes farmers itch to start harvesting before the paper-dry corn falls to a freak wind. A hurricane-like derecho wind flattened 14 million acres in the Tall Corn State just a couple weeks ago. This, as corn prices are at their lowest point in a decade.

The cicadas of late August called children back to school where vulnerable teachers and staff awaited them. Most come from meatpacking households – Latino, Asian and African – whose breadwinners were ordered into close working quarters in April by a President who demanded slower virus testing. We were among the hottest spots in the land.
    Trump simply must win Iowa and Wisconsin. So he cast a convention against this backdrop of anxiety and fear – godless looters are coming for yours – and roped in our governor, former Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker, and Senator Joni Ernst of Iowa to play in the tragedy. Few were inclined to listen. When the corn calls, you are too busy removing fallen trees from your machine shed. Trump dropped into the Cedar Rapids airport for an hour shortly before the convention to promise assistance after the derecho pulverized our Second City. After he left, he approved homeowner and business relief for just one of the 27 counties the governor had requested.

Farmers are anxious. Latinos are afraid. Unemployed machinists are frustrated. That prized demographic, suburban women in Urbandale next to Des Moines, are encouraging the school board to sue the governor over her in-person school orders.

They said their older folks who never saw a reason [to vote] before have finally found one.

Even some of those farmers are wondering about Trump as they dig into a harvest so meager that wraps up as they vote. An ill wind blows for incumbents.
    Source

Trump knows he's losing. And so he attacks the post office, talks about unConstitutional terms of office, and pours fuel on the fires of protest.

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (31st August 2020), Emil El Zapato (31st August 2020), Wind (1st September 2020)