Page 153 of 200 FirstFirst ... 53103143150151152153154155156163 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,295 of 2998

Thread: Trump: Illusion, Mist and Bought?

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Where is the outrage? When I first brought this up, folks pretended it was a hoax. Children are being abused and worse. Where is the outrage?

An attorney with a legal advocacy agency that held a vigil outside a McAllen, Texas hotel where they said migrant children are being illegally held by an Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) contractor was violently shoved by plainclothes, unidentified men after he entered the building to try to offer the children legal assistance and ensure their well-being.

Legal advocacy group Texas Civil Rights Project (TCRP) was at the hotel following a horrific AP report that ICE has detained unaccompanied kids as young as 1 at a number of Hampton Inn & Suites locations before quickly deporting them in violation of their rights. With members of the organization warning they were being held “with no paper trail,” the legal advocate attempted to see the children only to be physically blocked by three men.
    In video from TCRP, Andrew Udelsman, an attorney with the organization, is confronted by three unidentified men after exiting an elevator onto one of the upper floors of Hampton Inn & Suites hotel in McAllen, a hotel chain owned by Hilton. It’s a normal hotel, but what’s happening inside the rooms isn’t normal. Children are being held by ICE contractor MVM Inc. as they presumably wait for quick deportation under a Stephen Miller-led order, in violation of anti-trafficking law.

The men, wearing protective gear but no identification, quickly block the attorney, who yells in Spanish in the direction of the rooms that he’s a lawyer and is there to help. As one of the unidentified men then more aggressively shoves him back, he again yells to the children in Spanish, asking them to say their names and if they’re in trouble.
    The video is on twitter.

In video outside the location, TRCP’s Zenen Jaimes Perez slammed the violent force and said that “all we’re to do is make sure that the people who are inside are able to get some type of legal help.” He said that under Miller’s expulsion policy, “no one is being afforded due process. We have children and other asylum seekers in here, with no paper trail. This is literally a black box of information. If we cannot get their information, they will be expelled from this county, back into violence.”

Is this the Trump administration’s way of avoiding repercussions for continuing to detain children? They were ordered to be released from detention centers, by a Fed court 3 weeks ago. Are they hiding and detaining them in hotel rooms now?
    #setthemfree
    This doesn't make America great in any way, shape or form.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (24th July 2020), Aragorn (24th July 2020), Elen (25th July 2020), Emil El Zapato (25th July 2020), Wind (24th July 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,472 Times in 10,177 Posts
    As usual, emotions by the msn's, lets wait and find out the truths before pointing fingers. Yes both sides.

Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    "If Donald Trump runs and the DNC runs a tomato can, I will vote for the tomato can" ... The Lincoln Project
    You may be correct, would usa really choose a pedo/corupt/senile Biden ?, nope no way, you USAians are more intelligent than that imo, you will be given imo another candydate very soon, plus VP.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Emil El Zapato (25th July 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 81,142 Times in 20,323 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aianawa View Post
    would usa really choose a pedo/corupt/senile Biden ?, nope no way, you USAians are more intelligent than that imo, you will be given imo another candydate very soon, plus VP.
    I don't know where you got the notion that Joe Biden would be a pedophile. Senile, yes, most likely. But just because he's a US Democrat doesn't turn him into a pedophile yet. Pedophilia is not an inherent property of the US Democratic Party. It is something that certain people within said party have been accused of ─ by the alt-right, who else? ─ and also found innocent of.

In addition to that, would the US American public vote for Biden just to get rid of Trump? I don't see why not, if you know that almost all of those who voted for Trump did it so as to not let Hillary win. And Hillary Clinton may be a despicable person, but the alt-right certainly made sure that her reputation got sufficiently dressed up with all sorts of things that she had not actually done, just so as to make sure that their Mussolini-wannabe hero would win the elections.

And then I'm not even getting into the Cambridge Analytica scandal or the still improperly investigated matter of the alleged Russian interference, the truth of which we're probably only going to find out about if Trump loses the November elections, or else it'll be four years further into the future.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (26th July 2020), Elen (25th July 2020), Emil El Zapato (25th July 2020), Wind (25th July 2020)

Thanks
    My quote linked to Texas Civil Right Project and Public Health Department at Columbia.

Did you even pay any attention to that, Aianawa? Because it sure doesn't look like it.

You're knee-jerk msn claims have become ludicrous at this point.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (26th July 2020), Aragorn (25th July 2020), Elen (25th July 2020), Emil El Zapato (25th July 2020), Wind (25th July 2020)

Thanks
    Josh Kraushaar/National Journal:

Tsunami warning for Republicans

Republicans are inching closer to a political wipeout, losing complete control of power in Washington. The way things are going, the 2018 midterms may end up looking like a GOP high water mark.

Internal Republican divisions are also beginning to emerge, in ways that suggest the party is already looking ahead to a post-Trump future. Republicans are struggling to find consensus on a new coronavirus-relief package, a fight that pits fiscal conservatives wary of spending additional public money against the risk of economic calamity that awaits if they don’t. Several House GOP hard-liners went after Republican Conference Chair Liz Cheney this week, accusing her of being insufficiently supportive of the president. Cheney, a potential future party leader, fired back by portraying them as political nihilists. In Kansas, outside Republican groups are pouring millions into a primary in a desperate attempt to prevent a hard-right candidate from costing the party an otherwise winnable Senate race.
    This is the sign of a political death spiral. At this point, Republicans would be content to suffer through another blue-wave election, holding out hope the Senate could remain narrowly in Republican hands. Right now, Republicans are staring at the reality of a historic tsunami, wiping out all their avenues of power in a rebuke against a hapless president.
    "Josh Kraushaar is a very careful anylyst who stays tethered to the numbers. So this should petrify Republicans."

Daily Beast:

An Alabama Doctor’s 78-Patient Weekend of COVID Hell

Over the course of last Thursday to Monday, Thrasher treated 78 patients, the “grand majority” of whom were suffering from severe cases of COVID-19. Of that group, many were on ventilators. Between himself, another doctor, and a nurse practitioner, the team treated 140 patients at four hospitals, he said. That’s more than double their normal summer caseload, and the patients are getting younger and younger, ranging from their twenties to their seventies.

James Joyner/Outside the Beltway:

A hundred days out, a wave election is the best bet.

As noted repeatedly here and elsewhere, Democrats have a natural edge in public sentiment that’s offset by institutional arrangements that give Republicans an unfair advantage. Trump received nearly 3 million fewer votes than his Democratic opponent in 2016 and still won.

Still, his personality and policies have been so repulsive that he has had negative approval ratings from the beginning. Even with a relatively strong economy—the longest period without a recession in American history—his re-election prospects were in doubt. But re-electing the President is our default position and the Electoral College tilt gave him a decent shot.

The pandemic, and Trump’s obviously incompetent management of it, pretty much put an end to that. And the party is tied to him even moreso than usual, owing to Congressional sycophancy and abetting his lies.

Nancy Shively/USA Today: (Nancy is a teacher, not a paid reporter, which is an important fact here)

Teacher: I was a reluctant Trump voter. Coronavirus is the end of my Republican identity.

Teachers don't need Donald Trump and Betsy DeVos to lecture us about how children should be in school. We know it. But we also have to keep them safe.

I am a special education teacher and lifelong Republican who reluctantly voted for Donald Trump in 2016 as the less bad of two bad choices. When the pandemic hit, the incompetence of the man for whom I had voted and the complicity of everyone around him forced me to admit that I could no longer maintain any kind of self-respect as a Republican. So even though I had voted Republican in every presidential election since 1976, I changed my voter registration to independent and I will be voting for Joe Biden in November.

Nevertheless, I am still haunted because, deep down, I fear that with that vote I may have signed my own death warrant.

I live and teach in a small Oklahoma town. It’s not far from the site of President Trump’s Tulsa campaign rally on June 20 that appears, as common sense would have predicted, to be a super-spreader event.
    Last edited by Dreamtimer, 25th July 2020 at 12:33.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (26th July 2020), Aragorn (25th July 2020), Elen (25th July 2020), Emil El Zapato (25th July 2020), Wind (25th July 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,539 Times in 7,306 Posts

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (26th July 2020), Aragorn (25th July 2020), Dreamtimer (25th July 2020), Elen (25th July 2020), Emil El Zapato (25th July 2020)

Thanks
    Meh, good followers indeed, Now MW would make a difference.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (26th July 2020), Dreamtimer (27th July 2020), Elen (27th July 2020), Emil El Zapato (26th July 2020), Wind (26th July 2020)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Aianawa View Post
    Meh, good followers indeed, Now MW would make a difference.
    She would, if she stood a chance. But we all know that she doesn't. They will never allow it.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (29th July 2020), Dreamtimer (27th July 2020), Elen (27th July 2020), Emil El Zapato (26th July 2020), Wind (26th July 2020)

Thanks
    Even if and when Biden wins, it's not a win for the average person. It's only a win for the corporations.

https://www.salon.com/2019/06/19/joe...f-hes-elected/

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (29th July 2020), Aragorn (26th July 2020), Dreamtimer (27th July 2020), Elen (27th July 2020), Emil El Zapato (26th July 2020), Fred Steeves (26th July 2020), Octopus Garden (1st August 2020)

Thanks

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (29th July 2020), Aragorn (27th July 2020), Dreamtimer (28th July 2020), Elen (28th July 2020), Emil El Zapato (27th July 2020), Octopus Garden (1st August 2020)

Thanks
    I think the average person will have a better chance under Biden, for the simple fact that institutions will work the way they're supposed to rather than as slush funds for grifters.

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (29th July 2020), Aragorn (28th July 2020), Elen (28th July 2020), Emil El Zapato (28th July 2020), Octopus Garden (1st August 2020), Wind (28th July 2020)

Thanks
    Major Adam DeMarco, a war veteran and West Point graduate, will testify [today] to Congress about [Lafayette Square] but his written pre-statement has already been released. The stunning sworn testimony reveals the depths of depraved lies by this Administration to justify the violence. According to Major DeMarco:

The protesters were peaceful. At no time did he feel threatened by them.

He expected to clear the square at 7:00, when a curfew went into effect. He was surprised to get orders to do so over half an hour earlier.

The supposed warnings to disperse given the peaceful protesters were from too far away, with insufficient amplification, and could not have been heard by the protesters.

He was told the operation would not use tear gas. He was lied to. He smelled its use during the operation.

After it was over he was told no tear gas had been used. He was lied to. He smelled it and he found spent tear gas canisters at the location later that evening.

The operation was conducted by Park Police, Civil Disturbance Units, the Secret Service and “other law enforcement agencies” that Major DeMarco was unable to identify.

No National Guard forces were used.

In his own words:

Members of the Committee, the events I witnessed at Lafayette Square on the evening of June 1 were deeply disturbing to me, and to fellow National Guardsmen. Having served in a combat zone, and understanding how to assess threat environments, at no time did I feel threatened by the protestors or assess them to be violent. In addition, considering the principles of proportionality of force and the fundamental strategy of graduated responses specific to civil disturbance operations, it was my observation that the use of force against demonstrators in the clearing operation was an unnecessary escalation of the use of force.

From my observation, those demonstrators – our fellow American citizens -- were engaged in the peaceful expression of their First Amendment rights. Yet they were subjected to an unprovoked escalation and excessive use of force.

As the late Representative John Lewis said, "When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something, to do something.”

The oath I swore as a military officer, to support and defend the Constitution of the United States, is a bedrock guiding principle and, for me, constitutes an individual moral commitment and ethical instruction. It is the foundation of the trust safely placed in the Armed Forces by the American people. And it compels me to say something – and do something – about what I witnessed on June 1 at Lafayette Square
    Not that upside-down Bible-Man will really care...

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (29th July 2020), Aragorn (28th July 2020), Elen (28th July 2020), Emil El Zapato (28th July 2020), Octopus Garden (1st August 2020), Wind (28th July 2020)

Thanks

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

modwiz (29th July 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,206 Times in 11,968 Posts
    A document discovered in May 2019 reveals that Donald Trump's IQ was measured at 73 during his high school years.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (30th July 2020), Aragorn (30th July 2020), Octopus Garden (1st August 2020), Wind (29th July 2020)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    A document discovered in May 2019 reveals that Donald Trump's IQ was measured at 73 during his high school years.
    Really? That high?

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (30th July 2020), Emil El Zapato (30th July 2020), Octopus Garden (1st August 2020), Wind (30th July 2020)