Page 143 of 196 FirstFirst ... 4393133140141142143144145146153193 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,145 of 2940

Thread: Trump: Illusion, Mist and Bought?

  1. #2131
    Senior Member NotAPretender's Avatar
    Join Date
    3rd April 2017
    Posts
    7,342
    Thanks
    24,595
    Thanked 29,667 Times in 7,267 Posts
    You see, Fred there are things we agree on...that's a start. But your arguments are purposefully obtuse, I would find a cave and yell obscenities at the walls. They would probably even echo your sentiments WITHOUT censorship.

    Fred is just mad that I'm always right all the while being left ... handed that is.
    “Chance is perhaps God's pseudonym when He does not want to sign” Anatole France, Le Jardin d'Epicure

  2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NotAPretender For This Useful Post:

    Aianawa (1st July 2020), Aragorn (30th June 2020), Elen (1st July 2020), Wind (30th June 2020)

  3. #2132
    Senior Member NotAPretender's Avatar
    Join Date
    3rd April 2017
    Posts
    7,342
    Thanks
    24,595
    Thanked 29,667 Times in 7,267 Posts
    Ego manifestations? It's that virus that 'He who should go unnamed' always referred to...As I once stated, projection is probably one of the biggest and most unrecognized social problems going.
    “Chance is perhaps God's pseudonym when He does not want to sign” Anatole France, Le Jardin d'Epicure

  4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NotAPretender For This Useful Post:

    Aianawa (1st July 2020), Aragorn (1st July 2020), Elen (1st July 2020), Wind (1st July 2020)

  5. #2133
    Administrator Aragorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    17th March 2015
    Location
    Middle-Earth
    Posts
    15,858
    Thanks
    71,956
    Thanked 66,803 Times in 15,854 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    Ego manifestations? It's that virus that 'He who should go unnamed' always referred to...As I once stated, projection is probably one of the biggest and most unrecognized social problems going.
    It is, indeed, and it would appear that Project Avalon is currently going through the same thing. The mods over there are well aware of the situation, but with a member base far bigger than ours, it's also almost impossible to deal with.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

  6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

    Aianawa (1st July 2020), Elen (2nd July 2020), NotAPretender (1st July 2020), Wind (1st July 2020)

  7. #2134
    Senior Member Aianawa's Avatar
    Join Date
    18th March 2015
    Posts
    8,764
    Thanks
    36,470
    Thanked 30,543 Times in 7,829 Posts
    We will win over there also imo, again before God wins.

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

    NotAPretender (1st July 2020), Wind (1st July 2020)

  9. #2135
    Senior Member NotAPretender's Avatar
    Join Date
    3rd April 2017
    Posts
    7,342
    Thanks
    24,595
    Thanked 29,667 Times in 7,267 Posts
    Hi Aragorn,

    Would you post the link to comment #55, I would like to cordially invite Jake from Project Avalon to The One Truth for a discussion.

    Systemic Racism in America

    Now we’ve got the term ‘systemic racism deniers’ being thrown around by people who haven’t even bothered to define what it is in any coherent way yet. The only example Catsqoutl has given so far is an anecdotal story of a brown girl in white school that has jokes said to her.

    That’s not an example of ‘systemic racism’, that’s an example of ‘human nature’. Any minority kid in a majority school would face the same problem.

    Holding white people to an unrealistic idealised standard, one that no other skin colour is capable of giving is a form of ‘systematic racism’ in itself. White guilt isn’t going to change human nature and attitudes towards black people that the Chinese hold for instance.

    Slavery from a couple hundred years ago is used as an example while ignoring the slave trade thats alive and kicking in Africa to this very day. All while ignoring the systemised rape and murder of white farmers in modern day Africa.

    It’s this myopic, one-sided compassion that I find nauseating. The head in the sand over all the other issues in the world to focus on something as trivial as a jokes being made. The horrors.

    Can someone who thinks ‘systemic racism’ is a genuine thing, and not just a divisive tactic ruled out by the ‘system’ overlords, please give it a succinct definition, with a couple poignant examples of how it’s affected you or your community personally. Once we’ve got that baseline then we’ll be able to determine whether it’s a legitimate cause or not.

    Last edited by NotAPretender, 1st July 2020 at 12:23.
    “Chance is perhaps God's pseudonym when He does not want to sign” Anatole France, Le Jardin d'Epicure

  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NotAPretender For This Useful Post:

    Aragorn (1st July 2020), Elen (2nd July 2020), Wind (1st July 2020)

  11. #2136
    Administrator Aragorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    17th March 2015
    Location
    Middle-Earth
    Posts
    15,858
    Thanks
    71,956
    Thanked 66,803 Times in 15,854 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    Hi Aragorn,

    Would you post the link to comment #55, I would like to cordially invite Jake from Project Avalon to The One Truth for a discussion.

    Systemic Racism in America

    Now we’ve got the term ‘systemic racism deniers’ being thrown around by people who haven’t even bothered to define what it is in any coherent way yet. The only example Catsqoutl has given so far is an anecdotal story of a brown girl in white school that has jokes said to her.

    That’s not an example of ‘systemic racism’, that’s an example of ‘human nature’. Any minority kid in a majority school would face the same problem.

    Holding white people to an unrealistic idealised standard, one that no other skin colour is capable of giving is a form of ‘systematic racism’ in itself. White guilt isn’t going to change human nature and attitudes towards black people that the Chinese hold for instance.

    Slavery from a couple hundred years ago is used as an example while ignoring the slave trade thats alive and kicking in Africa to this very day. All while ignoring the systemised rape and murder of white farmers in modern day Africa.

    It’s this myopic, one-sided compassion that I find nauseating. The head in the sand over all the other issues in the world to focus on something as trivial as a jokes being made. The horrors.

    Can someone who thinks ‘systemic racism’ is a genuine thing, and not just a divisive tactic ruled out by the ‘system’ overlords, please give it a succinct definition, with a couple poignant examples of how it’s affected you or your community personally. Once we’ve got that baseline then we’ll be able to determine whether it’s a legitimate cause or not.
    Um, I'm not sure what you want me to do, NotAPretender. Also, Jake is a former Project Avalon moderator, and I'm not so sure he'd want to join up here.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

  12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

    Elen (2nd July 2020), NotAPretender (1st July 2020), Wind (1st July 2020)

  13. #2137
    Senior Member NotAPretender's Avatar
    Join Date
    3rd April 2017
    Posts
    7,342
    Thanks
    24,595
    Thanked 29,667 Times in 7,267 Posts
    Can we have him as an honored guest then?
    “Chance is perhaps God's pseudonym when He does not want to sign” Anatole France, Le Jardin d'Epicure

  14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NotAPretender For This Useful Post:

    Aragorn (1st July 2020), Elen (2nd July 2020), Wind (1st July 2020)

  15. #2138
    Administrator Aragorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    17th March 2015
    Location
    Middle-Earth
    Posts
    15,858
    Thanks
    71,956
    Thanked 66,803 Times in 15,854 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    Can we have him as an honored guest then?
    The forum software does not allow for guest accounts. That would be an open invitation to spam.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

  16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

    Elen (2nd July 2020), NotAPretender (1st July 2020), Wind (1st July 2020)

  17. #2139
    Super Moderator United States Dreamtimer's Avatar
    Join Date
    7th April 2015
    Location
    Patapsco Valley
    Posts
    11,841
    Thanks
    61,183
    Thanked 52,246 Times in 11,750 Posts
    Fact checking is something media has done for a long time. The platforms we are discussing should do it just as much as newspapers or businesses.

    We are adults who can discern and decipher. So when I see a screw-up and the entity in question does nothing to correct it, I suspect them more.

    If they do something to correct it that's much better.

    I still use my critical thinking skills since that's all of our responsibility.

    So when Twitter fact-checks, I'm most likely assessing that as well as the original statement. Then I can learn more about the value of the fact-checks being offered.

    I do know that some people just take folks at their word. And those are the people who end up being taken advantage of and/or betrayed because they refused to use their God-given powers of thought and discernment.

    The idea that I would just trust Twitter's fact-check is pretty dumb. I hope most people aren't that dumb.

  18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

    Aragorn (1st July 2020), Elen (1st July 2020), NotAPretender (1st July 2020), Wind (1st July 2020)

  19. #2140
    Super Moderator Wind's Avatar
    Join Date
    16th January 2015
    Location
    Just here
    Posts
    2,989
    Thanks
    17,280
    Thanked 14,312 Times in 2,994 Posts
    The problem these days is that people don't care about facts anymore. Hence "fake news".

  20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

    Aragorn (1st July 2020), Dreamtimer (1st July 2020), Elen (1st July 2020), NotAPretender (1st July 2020)

  21. #2141
    Super Moderator United States Dreamtimer's Avatar
    Join Date
    7th April 2015
    Location
    Patapsco Valley
    Posts
    11,841
    Thanks
    61,183
    Thanked 52,246 Times in 11,750 Posts
    I got accused of NLP when I was trying to discuss facts. The 'shoot the messenger' fallacy is in strong force these days.

  22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

    Aragorn (1st July 2020), Elen (1st July 2020), NotAPretender (1st July 2020), Wind (1st July 2020)

  23. #2142
    Senior Member NotAPretender's Avatar
    Join Date
    3rd April 2017
    Posts
    7,342
    Thanks
    24,595
    Thanked 29,667 Times in 7,267 Posts
    ahh, your NLP is very strong, but my insanity is stronger...
    “Chance is perhaps God's pseudonym when He does not want to sign” Anatole France, Le Jardin d'Epicure

  24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NotAPretender For This Useful Post:

    Aragorn (1st July 2020), Dreamtimer (1st July 2020), Elen (1st July 2020), Wind (1st July 2020)

  25. #2143
    Administrator Aragorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    17th March 2015
    Location
    Middle-Earth
    Posts
    15,858
    Thanks
    71,956
    Thanked 66,803 Times in 15,854 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    I got accused of NLP when I was trying to discuss facts. The 'shoot the messenger' fallacy is in strong force these days.
    ahh, your NLP is very strong, but my insanity is stronger...
    Pfff, neither of you can match my censorship and my tyrannical abuse of admin power on this forum, not to mention my "extreme progressive socialistic ideology".
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

  26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

    Dreamtimer (1st July 2020), Elen (2nd July 2020), NotAPretender (1st July 2020), Wind (1st July 2020)

  27. #2144
    Super Moderator Wind's Avatar
    Join Date
    16th January 2015
    Location
    Just here
    Posts
    2,989
    Thanks
    17,280
    Thanked 14,312 Times in 2,994 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    Pfff, neither of you can match my censorship and my tyrannical abuse of admin power on this forum, not to mention my "extreme progressive socialistic ideology".
    Last edited by Wind, 1st July 2020 at 18:04.

  28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

    Aragorn (1st July 2020), Dreamtimer (1st July 2020), Elen (2nd July 2020), NotAPretender (1st July 2020)

  29. #2145
    Super Moderator United States Dreamtimer's Avatar
    Join Date
    7th April 2015
    Location
    Patapsco Valley
    Posts
    11,841
    Thanks
    61,183
    Thanked 52,246 Times in 11,750 Posts
    How many folks have bought into the illusion leading themselves to be full of mist? (thinking of the German word here)

  30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

    Aragorn (1st July 2020), Elen (2nd July 2020), NotAPretender (1st July 2020), Wind (1st July 2020)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •