Page 113 of 200 FirstFirst ... 1363103110111112113114115116123163 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 2998

Thread: Trump: Illusion, Mist and Bought?

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    He that is nameless is so misunderstood...I just don't get it

Why wouldn't 100% of Americans vote for
    Last edited by Emil El Zapato, 27th December 2019 at 15:56.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (4th January 2020)

Thanks

This is He who we love...The nameless one doing the work of the creator or is it the keeper's work

NYT obtains shocking testimony against SEAL Trump pardoned: 'The guy is freaking evil'
    Dec 27, 2019 9:16am CST by Aldous J Pennyfarthing, Community

Donald Trump hosted convicted (and subsequently pardoned) war criminal and former Navy SEAL Eddie Gallagher at Mar-a-Lago recently, because he’s Trump, and war crimes are kind of his jam.

Today, The New York Times revealed more evidence showing just how questionable and likely egregious that decision was.
    The newspaper obtained video recordings and group texts from SEALs who had testified against Gallagher in his trial, and they’re startling to say the least.

A few choice excerpts:

They offer the first opportunity outside the courtroom to hear directly from the men of Alpha platoon, SEAL Team 7, whose blistering testimony about their platoon chief was dismissed by President Trump when he upended the military code of justice to protect Chief Gallagher from the punishment.

“The guy is freaking evil,” Special Operator Miller told investigators. “The guy was toxic,” Special Operator First Class Joshua Vriens, a sniper, said in a separate interview. “You could tell he was perfectly O.K. with killing anybody that was moving,” Special Operator First Class Corey Scott, a medic in the platoon, told the investigators.

The Times also suggests coming forward was not an easy decision for the SEALs, who were forced to relive “wrenching events” and “grisly scenes” while violating an unwritten code of silence among SEALs.

Video from a SEAL’s helmet camera, included in the trove of materials, shows the barely conscious captive — a teenage Islamic State fighter so thin that his watch slid easily up and down his arm — being brought in to the platoon one day in May 2017. Then the helmet camera is shut off.

In the video interviews with investigators, three SEALs said they saw Chief Gallagher go on to stab the sedated captive for no reason, and then hold an impromptu re-enlistment ceremony over the body, as if it were a trophy.

“I was listening to it, and I was just thinking, like, this is the most disgraceful thing I’ve ever seen in my life,” Special Operator Miller, who has since been promoted to chief, told investigators.

Trump’s pardon was controversial among those in the military dedicated to clear rules of discipline and led to the ouster of Navy Secretary Richard Spencer. In a letter to Trump, Spencer wrote, “Unfortunately it has become apparent that in this respect, I no longer share the same understanding with the Commander in Chief who appointed me, in regards to the key principle of good order and discipline. I cannot in good conscience obey an order that I believe violates the sacred oath I took in the presence of my family, my flag and my faith to support and defend the Constitution of the United States.”

There’s a lot more at the link. Gird your loins if you choose to dive in.

Yo! Pennyfarthing’s Trump-trashing series is now a trilogy! Grab your copy of Dear Pr*sident A**clown: 101 More Rude Letters to Donald Trump by Aldous J. Pennyfarthing. And, of course, Dear F*cking Lunatic: 101 Obscenely Rude Letters to Donald Trump and Dear F*cking Moron: 101 More Rude Letters to Donald Trump are still selling like lukewarm-cakes. Reviewers have called these books “hysterically funny,” “cathartic,” and “laugh-out-loud” soul-soothers.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Thanks

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (4th January 2020), Dreamtimer (29th December 2019)

Thanks
    yes, I'm bored...Here is the most interesting comment I've read today:

"Trump has now acquired the absolute loyalty of a lethal, well-trained, highly-skilled, conscience-free assassin — someone who is unlikely to turn down the man who rescued him from prison when the President turns to him and says “I would like you to do us a favor, though.”

One of the milestones in the transition from democracy to autocracy is when the emerging dictator acquires the power to eliminate his critics and his political opposition by dispatching a hit-man. With Gallager’s pardon, Trump has now added this capacity to his junta.

All the President has to do is make sure this psychopath ex-SEAL is within earshot, and then asks something like “Will no-one rid me of this meddlesome Speaker.” With Gallagher now a guest at Mar-a-Lago and regularly travelling on Air Force One to MAGA rallies, he is within earshot of the President quite often."

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Fictions of the Right
    By DANIEL FOSTER - National Review
    December 19, 2019 10:29 AM

President Donald Trump delivers remarks during a campaign rally at the Giant Center in Hershey, Pa., December 10, 2019.

On its surface, the recent British election may have appeared easily comprehensible to the water-cooler-and-Facebook-level observer of politics in our own country. A brash, round man with a shock of bad hair was running as something called a “Conservative,” against a spittling graybeard from “Labour” whose fondest attachments were to failed social experiments from the bell-bottoms era. If you knew that much, it seemed, then you knew on which side to line up (or queue, as it were).

And indeed, there was much gloom among some American liberals and glee among some American conservatives over the Tories’ commanding majority and Labour’s major collapse. Along with wish-casting and doomsaying about what it all means for our own impending contest. But as soon as you get just beneath those superficialities, you see that the British election and its results have no ready-made lessons for American politics.

For one thing, the “Conservatives” who won in Britain ran on a muscular defense of the National Health System — think of it as Medicare for the Lot of Us, Oi — and a broader promise to hold the welfare state harmless. They also ran on getting Brexit done, and Brexit has turned into a single-issue vote-maker for a sizeable swath of the British electorate whose sympathies might otherwise lie with Labour or the Lib Dems. This, among umpteen other nuances — how did working-class, Jewish, Scotch-nationalist Brexiteers vote? — makes the electoral result largely illegible.

Indeed, because the British have neither a two-party system nor a presidential one, we can’t girdle their politics into the Manicheanism we impose on our own. They’re plainly incoherent, not binary choices but Mexican standoffs whose victors are the factions that sustain the fewest casualties when the bullets start flying. Ours are incoherent, too. It’s a little easier, given our system, to pretend that they aren’t, but with just a little push inane formulations such as “The American people like divided government” fall apart. There is nothing — no thing, that is — that the American people “like.” There are just the 150 million things that 150 million Americans like, and those things are themselves a kind of quantum flux of incommensurable opinions that collapse, because they must, into some definite state only for a few seconds in the privacy of a voting booth.

The week of Thanksgiving, I attended a football game in New Jersey with a recent acquaintance. He supports the president’s reelection and is currently devouring Howard Zinn’s A People’s History of the United States. I submit that this man is not the exception but the rule.

I’d add, and it’s not an original thought, that the world generally, and the world of power and the powerful in particular, is far less lucid and more incoherent than most assume. Insofar as there really is a deep state, or a neoliberal order, or an establishment, or whatever you want to call it, its defining feature is that it is fluent in a language that imposes a kind of regulative fiction on all this chaos. It speaks the incantations and the shibboleths that give our rules and our norms their shape and, until recently, their legitimacy and their power.

Our current president and a lot of the people around him lack this fluency and have no interest in cultivating it. What’s more, they’ve spent a lot of time arguing, or at least emoting, that the language of the elites is profane, corrupt. And when you see things like the recent Horowitz report on the FISA warrants that set the entire Russia investigation in motion — outlining the many ways in which this language has been abused by those elites to, it seems, protect their priorities — it’s hard not to concede that they may have a point.

But whether we know it or not, whether we admit it or not, even those on the right who think the current regulative fiction is hopelessly decadent or obsolete want and need some new fiction to emerge in its place. Because we want and need the world to make sense again.

The crowd complaining loudest about the inadequacy of the current ways of ordering our politics has yet to cohere around a single alternative. There are a few candidates on offer — “common-good capitalism,” “national conservatism,” “conservative populism,” Tucker Carlson’s list of people and corporations to hate. But the only conservatism I’ve ever known or subscribed to is suspicious of all these novelties insofar as they are novel. Many of their adherents retain at least a nub of such a conservatism, or at least know that their audience does, and so they explain — to themselves and to their would-be catechumens — that what appears an innovation is in fact the rediscovery of some ancient truth. But conservatism isn’t reactionism, and ancient truths in disuse are no less remote from our present location than are the utopian destinations to which Bernie Sanders and his friends would steer us.

One of the best explanations for the acquiescence of so much of the party and its appendages to the current presidency is that we can’t stand to live long in chaos, and so we seek to make sense of nonsense. But not all regulative fictions are equal, and not all post-MAGA futures are equally plausible or desirable. Take care, then, my common-good conservative-nationalist-populist friends, to choose your next fiction wisely.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Nostradamus was wrong:

The 3rd AntiChrist will not wear a Blue Turban, he will wear a yellow carpet...

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Too many false flags to count...what the hell are 'they' up to...

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (4th January 2020), Elen (31st December 2019)

Thanks
    I call fake news:

President Donald Trump and former President Barack Obama have tied in Gallup's 2019 poll of America's most admired man.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (4th January 2020), Elen (31st December 2019)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Illusion, mist or bought?

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (4th January 2020), Elen (1st January 2020), Emil El Zapato (1st January 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,305 Times in 7,220 Posts
    Besides supporting the killers of women and children, now Trumpster wants a war with Iran. A stable genius!

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (4th January 2020), Dreamtimer (4th January 2020), Elen (4th January 2020), Emil El Zapato (4th January 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts
    Time n time again lol, no war. Not going to happen because the big 2012-13 picture said, oh look, butterfly.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Emil El Zapato (4th January 2020)

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,318 Times in 5,067 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aianawa View Post
    Time n time again lol, no war. Not going to happen because the big 2012-13 picture said, oh look, butterfly.
    Sorry Vern...WHAT do you mean?

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (4th January 2020), Emil El Zapato (4th January 2020), Wind (4th January 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts
    War impossible nowadays, war timelines are out of narrative and noosphere not able to hold the potential even.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Elen (4th January 2020), Emil El Zapato (4th January 2020), Wind (4th January 2020)

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,318 Times in 5,067 Posts
    Thanks

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Emil El Zapato (4th January 2020)

Thanks
    Chaos Theory will do its thing, but, as i've been saying for 10-15 years war has changed to accommodate itself...it is very possible and we see it everyday, even today. This is why I'm so insistent that Putin is the fly in the ointment of world peace. He is the lynchpin of global dysfunction. If he were to embrace humanity for good rather than personal gain it would swing the balance between good and bad actors to the good. But obviously, he has no intention of that. At least that was true in the past, now we have the nameless one to contend with.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post: