Page 111 of 200 FirstFirst ... 1161101108109110111112113114121161 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 2998

Thread: Trump: Illusion, Mist and Bought?

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts
    From > https://brassballs.blog/home/nato-ba...radawi-Kushner

From > https://brassballs.blog/home/nato-barzan-germany-qatar-wahabi-arab-muslim-kickbacks-bribes-payoffs-impeachment-alan-bender-brotherhood-anabi-kh-holding-geo-strategic-defense-motherhood-foundation-brookfield-westinghouse-al-waleed-bin-talal-impeachment-lng-al-qaradawi-Kushner

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    Today a notable psychopath, Rand Paul while defending Trump stated uncategorically that Obama sent 100,000 troops to Afghanistan. How can the American populace tolerate such constancy of gratuitous lying. It just never ever stops

Here's the truth:

“El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (15th December 2019)

Thanks
    Why Fact-Checkers Find More GOP Lies
    PolitiFact rated Republican claims to be "false" or "pants on fire" three times more often than it rated Democratic claims that way this year, according to a new study. So: Does the GOP lie more? Is PolitiFact biased? Or do GOP liars — like fact-checking "dream" Michele Bachmann — get more attention?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    A Party Defined by Its Lies. At this point, good people can’t be good Republicans.
    By Paul Krugman

President Trump epitomizes the problem of lying by Republicans, but he is far from the only one.

During my first year as an Op-Ed columnist for The New York Times, I wasn’t allowed to use the word “lie.”

That first year coincided with the 2000 election, and George W. Bush was, in fact, being systematically dishonest about his economic proposals — saying false things about who would benefit from his tax cut and the implications of Social Security privatization. But the notion that a major party’s presidential candidate would go beyond spin to outright lies still seemed outrageous, and saying it was considered beyond the pale.

Obviously that prohibition no longer holds on this opinion page, and major media organizations have become increasingly willing to point out raw falsehoods. But they’ve been chasing a moving target, because the lies just keep getting bigger and more pervasive. In fact, at this point the G.O.P.’s campaign message consists of nothing but lies; it’s hard to think of a single true thing Republicans are running on.

And yes, it’s a Republican problem (and it’s not just Donald Trump). Democrats aren’t saints, but they campaign mostly on real issues, and generally do, in fact, stand for more or less what they claim to stand for. Republicans don’t. And the total dishonesty of Republican electioneering should itself be a decisive political issue, because at this point it defines the party’s character.

What are Republicans lying about? As I said, almost everything. But there are two big themes. They lie about their agenda, pretending that their policies would help the middle and working classes when they would, in fact, do the opposite. And they lie about the problems America faces, hyping an imaginary threat from scary dark-skinned people and, increasingly, attributing that threat to Jewish conspirators.

Both classes of lie are rooted in the real G.O.P. agenda.

What Republicans truly stand for, and have for decades, is cutting taxes on the rich and slashing social programs. Sure enough, last year they succeeded in ramming through a huge tax cut aimed mainly at corporations and the wealthy, and came within one vote of passing a health “reform” that, according to the Congressional Budget Office, would have caused 32 million Americans to lose health coverage.

The G.O.P.’s problem is that this agenda is deeply unpopular. Large majorities of Americans oppose cuts in major social programs, while most voters want to raise, not reduce, taxes on corporations and high-income individuals.

But instead of changing their agenda to meet voters’ concerns, Republicans have resorted to a strategy of deception and distraction. On one side, they have gone full black-is-white, up-is-down on policy substance. Most spectacularly, they are posing as defenders of protection for people with pre-existing conditions — protection that their failed health bill would have stripped away, and which they are now trying to take away through the courts. And they’re claiming that Democrats are the ones threatening Medicare.

On the other side, they’re resorting to their old standby: race-based fear.

But selling racial fear was easier in the 1980s and early 1990s, when America really was suffering from high levels of inner-city crime. Since then, violent crime has plunged. What’s a fearmonger to do? The answer is: lie.

The lies have come nonstop since Trump’s inauguration address, which conveyed a false vision of “American carnage.” But they have gotten ever more extreme, culminating in the portrayal of a small caravan of refugees still 1,000 miles from the border as an imminent, menacing invasion — somehow full of diseased Middle Eastern terrorists.

And now there’s the added insinuation that sinister Jewish financiers are the real culprits behind this invasion. Because that’s where people doing this kind of thing always end up.

The crucial thing to realize is that these aren’t just ugly, destructive lies. Beyond that, they shape the G.O.P.’s nature. It is now impossible to have intellectual integrity and a conscience while remaining a Republican in good standing. Some conservatives have these qualities; almost all of them have left the party, or are on the edge of excommunication.

Those who remain are either fanatics willing to do anything in pursuit of power, or cynics willing to go along with anything for a share of the spoils. And it’s foolish to imagine that there are any limits on how far a party of fanatics and cynics will be willing to go. Anyone who might have had a sticking point, some uncrossable red line of bad behavior, has already taken the offramp.

That’s why a Republican campaign built entirely on lies should itself be a political issue — a reason to vote Democratic even if you want tax cuts. For we’re not just talking about a party selling bad ideas on false pretenses. The addiction to lies has also — let’s be blunt — turned it into a party of bad people.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Thanks

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 27,307 Times in 7,221 Posts

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (15th December 2019), Aragorn (15th December 2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Wind View Post

I love the shape of that guys mouth. Obama pandered to Republicans to maintain his campaign promise to be the President of the United States, not the President of one party.

Of course, Republicans being Republicans saw that as their opportunity to smear him with his political base, which they did quite nicely. And then proceeded to stonewall him at literally every turn. Any attempt at compromise to better the plight of regular Americans, were seen in turn, as Obama's betrayal or Obama's self-serving evil arrogance.

The memic layer of abstraction generously provided for free by conservatives. It is indeed time to wake up.

We can't ever forget the Hegelian-Dialectic. Empty headed pontificating is a completely useless exercise. We need reality, desperately now, not later.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    She is sexy for sure, though.

I want to hear something new that breaks through all the old political platitudes that have worn completely thin. Call a spade a spade, not an intellectual giant.

There is a reason that most undocumented immigrants are from central america and not Mexico. NAFTA! Contrary to Mr. I know everything his statement is totally wrong.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Our vote is still a huge power. If it wasn't, Republicans wouldn't be doing everything they can to stop as many folks as possible from voting. They wouldn't be demonizing Democrats if the vote didn't matter.

Trump is demonizing Democrats more than ever, talking about how they hate freedom and 'us' (whoever that is supposed to be). What he does is incredibly dangerous. Fear of voting will be what's next.

If voting didn't matter, he wouldn't bother. He doesn't like to waste energy on something that doesn't have a payoff.

In my opinion, saying not to vote is making it easier for those who take power and money to take more and make it harder for us to get back.

I have yet to watch the vid with Abby and Chris so, no judgement on them, yet.
    Last edited by Dreamtimer, 16th December 2019 at 10:21.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (20th December 2019), Emil El Zapato (20th December 2019)

Thanks
    This actually got much better...My favorite: "These people will kill us!"

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (20th December 2019), Dreamtimer (20th December 2019)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    A friend of mine was just lecturing me about the word 'they', exactly while this shite was happening.

Head in sand.

The number one concern of our Founding Fathers was foreign interference in elections.

Number one.

There is no higher crime or misdemeanor in terms of Impeachment.

Anyone look at how Trump used to talk about impeachment re Clinton and then Obama? Bush?

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (20th December 2019), Emil El Zapato (20th December 2019)

Thanks
    Projection like a photon torpedo...makes me want to go up like a volcano...

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (20th December 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts
    NAP n DT, you must be devastated your country is becoming 3rd worldish, which Dem will fix it, am hoping MW myself.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Emil El Zapato (21st December 2019)

Thanks
    Hi Aianawa,

Sometimes an absence of something is all that is required to restore a balance...

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (23rd December 2019)

Thanks
    Sam Diamond : Locked, from the inside. That can only mean one thing. And I don't know what it is.
    Lionel Twain : I'm the greatest, I'm number one!
    Sam Diamond : To me, you look like number two, know what I mean?

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXn8CsQU1-U

"This can mean only one thing!?"

Newly released emails regarding Ukraine defense aid held by the White House show that a request to withhold funds came less than two hours after President Donald Trump's July phone call with the Ukrainian president that has served as the backbone of the impeachment proceedings against him.

The Center for Public Integrity obtained 146 pages of heavily redacted emails through a Freedom of Information Act request and court order.

The nonprofit released the emails late on Friday, revealing a discussion between the White House's Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and the Pentagon over the defense aid owed to Ukraine just hours after Trump spoke to President Volodymyr Zelenskiy.

"Based on guidance I have received and in light of the Administration's plan to review assistance to Ukraine, including the Ukraine Security Assistance Initiative, please hold off on any additional [Department of Defense] obligations of these funds, pending direction from that process," Mike Duffey, a political appointee serving as associate director for national security programs at the OMB wrote on July 25 to OMB and Pentagon officials.

Government officials raised concern over the much-discussed phone conversation as it appeared that Trump improperly asked Zelenskiy to investigate Hunter Biden, the son of former Vice President Joe Biden — one of Trump's chief political rivals in the 2020 election.

Trump pays a historic price for doing business his way: Impeachment
    The administration put a hold on critical defense aid for Ukraine as early as the week of July 18, one week before the phone call between Trump and Zelenskiy, at the direction of acting White House Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney, two administration officials and a senior Democratic aide briefed by the State Dept. told NBC News in September.

The funds were eventually released on Sept. 11.

In a statement to NBC News early Sunday the OMB sought to play down the significance of the new emails.

“It’s reckless to tie the hold of funds to the phone call," said spokeswoman Rachel Semmel.

"As has been established and publicly reported, the hold was announced in an interagency meeting on July 18. To pull a line out of one email and fail to address the context is misleading and inaccurate.”

The Pentagon did not immediately respond to a request for comment by NBC News.

It appeared that those involved felt the hold could be problematic, considering Duffey wrote to officials in his office and at the Pentagon to keep it all close their chest.

"Given the sensitive nature of the request," Duffey wrote on the afternoon of Trump's call with Zelenskiy, "I appreciate your keeping that information closely held to those who need to know to execute direction."

The emails also provide insight into administration officials' feelings once the funds are finally released, though their reasoning for distributing the aid suddenly appears to be redacted.

Elaine McCuskker, the Pentagon's comptroller, said there was "increasing risk of execution" in continuing to hold the funds.

Three House committees announced that they would launch a wide-ranging investigation into the allegations against Trump two days prior to the release.

On Sept. 11, Duffey shared his feelings of relief to McCusker a few hours after alerting her that he would be releasing all of the Ukraine Security Assistance Initiative funds.

"Glad to have this behind us," he said.

Duffey is one of the officials at OMB who has steadfastly refused to comply with House subpoenas for deposition in the impeachment inquiry, along with his boss, Russ Vought, OMB’s Acting Director. However, another OMB official, Mark Sandy, did appear for a deposition after being subpoenaed.

The House voted to impeach Trump on Wednesday. He is only the third president in U.S. history to be impeached.

A trial in the Republican-controlled Senate to decide whether Trump will remain in office is expected to begin January, but Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., said Thursday that he has reached an “impasse” with Democratic leaders over moving forward with the rules governing the trial.

It is likely Trump will be acquitted, as it would require a two-thirds majority for a conviction.
    Last edited by Emil El Zapato, 22nd December 2019 at 22:19.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (23rd December 2019)