Thread: A Thanks I wish to give to this post

Senior Member United States Chester's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,591 Times in 1,349 Posts

A Thanks I wish to give to this post

Here's a big "Thanks" I wish to give to this post.

Why I cannot thank this post is because the same being that is being pointed out in this post banned me from this forum when I didn't break a single rule.

I just happened to change my opinion about the veracity of a minor internet celeb.
    All the above is all and only my opinion. It may contain some sharing of components of my current operating strategy and some foundational components of my current world view - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

It's just a ride

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGD...vgBsCHmlC13jOg

https://www.facebook.com/samhunter57

http://merlynagain.blogspot.com/

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (27th February 2016), bsbray (26th February 2016), Dreamtimer (27th February 2016), Olaf (27th February 2016), The One (27th February 2016)

(account terminated) United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,648 Times in 2,895 Posts
    You don't mean to say that Ria banned you from Eye Rise? And not only that, but now she's had a falling out with the staff there and deleted all of her own threads and posts?

What a shocker. I never saw it coming. She was always so reasonable and easy to get along with.

Seriously though I think we were all expecting that to happen sooner or later.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bsbray For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (27th February 2016), Dreamtimer (27th February 2016), The One (27th February 2016)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Big wow. What a bummer for the people trying hard to make the forum work. The red-eyed skepticat was always a little scary...(Ria's avatar here).

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (27th February 2016), bsbray (29th February 2016), The One (27th February 2016)

Thanks
    I feel sad for Ria... she went through the tragedy with her daughter and I can only feel bad for her in this regard. Perhaps some of her actions have roots in these real traumas. Maybe she could understand I went through a wee phase of my own trauma (albeit on a far lower scale) when I realized I had been fed 2,500 pages of Skype chat baloney, not to mention the hours of voice conversation only to discover falsehoods which left me floored as I was no longer able to believe anything that came from the fantastical claimant... and yet too... I wonder about this claimant as well... what sort of traumas must the claimant have endured?

Anyways, this is why I stick to the truth and those who know me and seen my posts know that I don't hold back the truth even when it reveals my own mistakes and shortcomings.

I hope she finds resolution to her troubles... same for all the Shanolytes if/when they wake up.
    All the above is all and only my opinion. It may contain some sharing of components of my current operating strategy and some foundational components of my current world view - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

It's just a ride

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (27th February 2016), bsbray (28th February 2016), Dreamtimer (27th February 2016), Olaf (27th February 2016), The One (27th February 2016)

(account terminated)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,074 Times in 359 Posts
    Before a post is deleted it's read.
    When a post is read that's often a plus for the writer
    and more plus when the post is deleted.
    Because the thinking function is switched on.
    Some moderators have very active thinking functions.

Three cheers to the Moderators.

Moderatoren die sind munter
    Moderatoren schreiben bunter
    Moderatoren die sind groß
    Moderatoren ziehen das große Los

Moderatoren sind geduldig
    Moderatoren wird gehuldigt
    Moderatoren lesen lang
    Vor Moderatoren wird jedem bang

Moderatoren werden geschoben
    Moderatoren werden gehoben
    Moderatoren die sind krank
    Moderatoren passen in jeden Schrank

Ich singe das Lied bis sie's hören da oben, die großen und kleinen
    Moderatoten.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to scibuster For This Useful Post:

bsbray (29th February 2016)

Thanks
    I found the online translations unsatisfactory. The beginning word is often translated as presenter, which is incorrect in this context. Is this another of your originals, scibuster?

I'm guessing you were not at eye-rise. You weren't here when Ria was. That's a dynamic that can't be explained. It would be difficult for you to fully understand the gravity of her actions.

I'll take your poem as 'kudos to the Moderators!' and thank you for it.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (28th February 2016), bsbray (28th February 2016), Chester (29th February 2016), The One (4th March 2016)

(account terminated)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,074 Times in 359 Posts
    the bing translator is ok, not so bad.
    Ria is not in the memberlist.
    I've never tried to delete any of my post.
    Is it possible by myself ?

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to scibuster For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (28th February 2016), bsbray (29th February 2016), The One (4th March 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 81,111 Times in 20,309 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by scibuster View Post
    The member list only shows members with an active account, not members who have retired from The One Truth, nor members who were banned.

Ria had initially unsubscribed herself, but after all of the libel and slander she kept on posting about us at Eye-Rise, we have changed her status from "unsubscribed" to "banned", as a symbolic message that she is no longer welcome here. If you want to see her profile page, then click here.

We have in the meantime also renamed the "unsubscribed" category to "retired members", so now it should say "retired member" under the names of people whose account is no longer active. And if they are banned, then it will of course say that, and then their name will be in black.

And just for the record, you may also come across posts from people under whose name it says "Guest". That's because their accounts were deleted — e.g. because it was a duplicate account, or because it was done by one of my predecessors. We also do that with spammers, but in that case, you will not see it, because we also delete the spam posts.

No, only staff members can do that. Imagine what would have happened if the Corey followers and the Ruiner followers were to have started deleting each other's posts.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Bob (28th February 2016), bsbray (28th February 2016), Chester (29th February 2016), Dreamtimer (28th February 2016), Elen (29th February 2016), The One (4th March 2016)

(account terminated) United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,648 Times in 2,895 Posts
    No, you can only edit your own posts.

I'll take a stab at translating Scibuster's poem just for the hell of it.

Moderators that are cheerful
    Moderators are more colorful
    Moderators that are great
    Moderators hit the jackpot

Moderators are patient
    Moderators will be rendered hommage [the verb "wird" here doesn't agree in number with Moderatoren, not sure why]
    Moderators read long
    before moderators all become uneasy [or anxious/fearful]

Moderators will be shoved
    Moderators will be lifted
    Moderators that are sick
    Moderators fit into any cabinet

I sing the song until it's heard up above, the great and small
    "Moderatoten" [the word "Moderators" with "tot" inserted into it, a play on the name of this forum (TOT) as "tot" means "dead" in German]

I'm not always sure what to make of a lot of things you post, Scibuster. You have a certain sarcastic sense of humor to your posts that does not bother me but can be taken the wrong way by others, including other staff, who had to deal with a lot of inflammatory drama here previously. If you had seen it happen then you would have a better understanding of it, how there are certain groups that frequent these forums that are more interested in stirring up trouble than anything else. That's my two cents.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bsbray For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (29th February 2016), Chester (29th February 2016), Elen (29th February 2016), scibuster (29th February 2016), The One (4th March 2016)

Thanks
    Your translation is way better than anything I could do with the online translators, bsbray.

The moderation here can and will stand on its own merits.

Having said that, I can imagine there are all kinds of crazy things going on regarding forum and comment thread moderation on the internet.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (29th February 2016), bsbray (29th February 2016), Chester (29th February 2016), Elen (1st March 2016), The One (4th March 2016)

Thanks
    To non-members, a reminder: No one is perfect, we all have misunderstandings and make mistakes. If there was ever a time to exercise Grace and compassion, now’s the time.
    tell me about it

It's just a ride

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (4th March 2016), bsbray (4th March 2016), Elen (4th March 2016), The One (4th March 2016)

Thanks
    Looks like they're still chuggin' along over there.

I appreciate all you've shared, Sam. I hope that you reach a place where you can and do trust your own instincts again. They are the ones to listen to, not someone else's instincts.

Inside yourself you definitely can tell s@#T from Shaynola.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (4th March 2016), bsbray (4th March 2016), Chester (4th March 2016), Elen (4th March 2016), The One (4th March 2016)