Thread: Flint, Michigan, Govt. Of frauds! Gov. Should Be Jailed!

Thanks
    Thanked 48,690 Times in 10,221 Posts

Flint, Michigan, Govt. Of frauds! Gov. Should Be Jailed!

Protests are growing in Flint, Michigan, over the state’s cover-up of the ongoing water contamination crisis. Filmmaker Michael Moore is asking fans to sign a petition on his website calling for the immediate resignation of Governor Rick Snyder. In an open letter to the governor, he writes: "[Y]ou have effectively poisoned, not just some, but apparently ALL of the children in my hometown of Flint, Michigan. And for that, you have to go to jail." We speak to Nayyirah Shariff, coordinator with the Flint Democracy Defense League.

No one person can ever change the truth, but the truth, once learned, can and will change the person

You must be the change you wish to see in the world when you are through changing, you are through

theonetruth forum status theonetruth facebook

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to The One For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (26th January 2016), Aragorn (26th January 2016), blufire (25th January 2016), bsbray (25th January 2016), Elen (26th January 2016), jimmer (26th January 2016), pointessa (2nd February 2016), reno (30th January 2016), sandy (25th January 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks

I absolutely agree justice needs to be brought against those directly responsible for this atrocity but I also feel strongly that each individual needs to become more responsible for their own involvement in what they eat, drink, breathe and how they live.

I truly do not understand why people would drink, cook with or bathe in water that was discolored or smelled wrong . . . . . I don’t even understand why millions drink water that smells of chlorine and is fluoridated. This may sound ugly but I hold the parents just as responsible for giving their children this water to drink.

We have become so apathetic that we are easily manipulated and led and herded in whatever direction those ‘deemed’ in authority need or want us to go . . . . .

We know that genetically modified food or organisms (GMO) is hurtful to humans but billions of people are currently eating these foods. They curse and protest against Monsanto while they eat food morning, noon and night courtesy of Monsanto.

So who holds the greater responsibility? If someone held out a plate of poop to you and swore nothing was wrong with eating it and gave you all these documents touting it was a perfectly fine food to consume . . . would you eat it?

I honestly do not see the difference.

This sort of thing is the very reason I started this thread:

http://jandeane81.com/threads/8647-S...ng-is-Critical

In fact the very first post has to do with Flint, Michigan and its water.

P.S. I am directing this post to no one specifically.
    Last edited by blufire, 25th January 2016 at 22:06. Reason: adding p.s.

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to blufire For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (26th January 2016), Aragorn (26th January 2016), bsbray (25th January 2016), citsym (27th January 2016), Elen (26th January 2016), jimmer (26th January 2016), pointessa (2nd February 2016), The One (26th January 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 48,690 Times in 10,221 Posts
    I absolutely agree justice needs to be brought against those directly responsible for this atrocity but I also feel strongly that each individual needs to become more responsible for their own involvement in what they eat, drink, breathe and how they live
    I totally agree on what you say but after watching the last video some of the residents say they do not have a choice.They seemed to have put all their trust in the system.

They say if they do not drink the water then their children will be taken off them and apparently they would find it almost impossible to sell their houses and move due to them having to declare that their house contain this poison in their pipes.
    No one person can ever change the truth, but the truth, once learned, can and will change the person

You must be the change you wish to see in the world when you are through changing, you are through

theonetruth forum status theonetruth facebook

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The One For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (26th January 2016), Aragorn (26th January 2016), blufire (26th January 2016), bsbray (26th January 2016), Elen (26th January 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,116 Times in 3,777 Posts
    Am I missing something?

Seems that the focus of this disastrous mismanagement has been heaped on the state's governor.
    Was it Synder who made all these bad decisions?

It seems that the local Flint administration is to blame. No?

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jimmer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (30th January 2016), Aragorn (26th January 2016), blufire (26th January 2016), bsbray (26th January 2016), Elen (26th January 2016), The One (26th January 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,393 Times in 625 Posts
    The local government was taken over by the state due to financial problems and the governor appointed a person to take over the decision making. This included changing the water source to save money.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to lift the veil For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (30th January 2016), Aragorn (26th January 2016), blufire (26th January 2016), bsbray (27th January 2016), Elen (26th January 2016), jimmer (26th January 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by lift the veil View Post
    The local government was taken over by the state due to financial problems and the governor appointed a person to take over the decision making. This included changing the water source to save money.
    seriously? you mean to say the Flint mayor and staff had nothing to do with this water disaster?

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jimmer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (30th January 2016), Aragorn (26th January 2016), blufire (26th January 2016), bsbray (27th January 2016), Elen (26th January 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks

I watched the clip you pointed out. I have also watched several other news clips on the various ‘news networks’.

For me, I feel what the woman said is horrific and terrifying. I also feel what she said sums up what I have been saying in some of my posts about people (globally) have become apathetic and totally dependent on ‘others’ taking care of them. So many people have become totally programmed into the mold/pattern that has been set for them. . . . . and I put most of the alternative media people (the so called awake) in this same category.

The lady in the last video of the OP said she had to keep paying for the poisoned water or they would turn her water off and the social services would take her children because if the household doesn’t have running water it is deemed unsafe for children to live in a home without running water. Also she said she can’t sell her house and move because she can’t sell without replacing the plumbing in her house because of the damage and lead contamination and this alone would cost $10,000.

All I have to say to her is Bull Shit and you lady are killing your kids.

It all comes down to money. It always comes down to money. And she is using this catastrophe to make sure she gets just as much money as she can from every one she can and to milk this tragedy for every little red cent she can, she will stay right in that house with her children and by keeping her kids in that house she is ensuring they will become even more sick. They haven’t even begun to come to the bottom line as to what this water and the contaminants has down to their living environments. It will take 10 or 20 years before this is straightened out.

If I were her, I would have been gone a long time ago. I’m sure people will say to me but how can she? She can’t afford it or forty eleven hundred different excuses.

My answer to that is she can’t afford not to leave. What price tag would you put on your child? Be responsible for your own fate and your own lives and especially for the lives you brought into this world. It is not the government’s responsibility (or anyone else’s) to take care of any of us in any way, shape or form. If you have that expectation then you have no right to complain about what is delved out.

If you have that expectation then you have accepted mediocracy at its absolute best.

P.S. Again I sound really rough . . . . and again I am directing this post at no one specific just in general. I’m gonna have a coronary.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to blufire For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (30th January 2016), Aragorn (27th January 2016), bsbray (27th January 2016), citsym (27th January 2016), pointessa (2nd February 2016), The One (27th January 2016)

In Memoriam United States
    Thanks
    I suspect you have never had exposure to people with limited education and minimal I.Q. The people with some smarts and contacts outside of Flint left after GM close its plants and abandoned the city. That was over half of the population. The ones left behind in Flint didn't have the experience to comprehend anything else but what they knew: go to church, pray for better times and obey the laws. They love their children, too.
    Last edited by Aragorn, 30th January 2016 at 08:42. Reason: no ad hominems, please - offending sentence removed

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to grannyfranny For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (30th January 2016), Aragorn (30th January 2016), blufire (31st January 2016), bsbray (30th January 2016), Elen (30th January 2016)

(account terminated) United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,648 Times in 2,895 Posts
    The situations get complicated very quickly, especially for people living in poverty with a family. If we had someone here who lived in the situation we might get a better idea of things. I'm not one to suggest that people don't have ultimate responsibility for their own lives, but the circumstances in society sometimes make it awfully damn hard on people.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bsbray For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (30th January 2016), blufire (30th January 2016), Dreamtimer (1st February 2016), grannyfranny (6th February 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    From what I read in the WSJ, the Flint river hookup was a temporary patch,
    until the permanent pipeline to Lake Huron could be connected.

What happened was the river water was very acidic, yet void of lead.
    As the existing water pipes corroded, lead welds were exposed, putrefying the water.
    That said, officials knew about this problem for 18 months before it hit the news and the fan.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jimmer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (30th January 2016), blufire (31st January 2016), bsbray (31st January 2016), grannyfranny (6th February 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks

Raise your hand if you have given any thought to where that river flows?

This river water is so corrosive, from years of contamination from the auto industry that it eats away steel pipe.

The water shed of this river is massive. . . . . .

The people of Flint, Michigan are the very minute least of the officials’ problems.

Think about it guys . . . . look at the water shed of this river . . . . if this level of contamination has effected the river to this massive degree think about all the water aquifers all the way down to the Gulf.

Where is the source(s) of the contamination?

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to blufire For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (30th January 2016), bsbray (31st January 2016), pointessa (2nd February 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by grannyfranny View Post
    I suspect you have never had exposure to people with limited education and minimal I.Q. The people with some smarts and contacts outside of Flint left after GM close its plants and abandoned the city. That was over half of the population. The ones left behind in Flint didn't have the experience to comprehend anything else but what they knew: go to church, pray for better times and obey the laws. They love their children, too.
    Hi grannyfranny, I suspect this post was pointed at me. Especially since Aragorn had to take out the attack and since you have gone after me on ‘other forums’. It’s all good and I truly appreciate your different view.

You make the comment about me being exposed to people with limited education and ‘minimal I.Q.’ . . . . .well, that literally made me laugh out loud. I live deep in the Appalachian Mountains . . . very deep. There are young people that live even deeper than I do that I know for a fact haven’t even been to school. But they are incredibly intelligent and know more about living synergistically with mother earth than I do . . . even with my college education. I respect and love them greatly.

I visit these families quite often and we trade and barter. I bring them things I know they need but could never purchase. What they trade with are things you would never see in the world outside these mountains and are far more valuable to me than what I bring them.

So the people left in Flint after the closing of the GM factories are just as intelligent as you and me and I suspect have normal (well, before this water) I.Q.’s. In fact, people like these have to be incredibly intelligent and resourceful to learn how to milk the government the way they do. The ‘street smarts’ that people like these families and individuals have (to me) are far more worthy than the corporate people that left.

In my opinion, their downfall lies with the fact they rely totally on the government they have learned to manipulate. They are so tied to ‘the system’ that they can’t live beyond the very boundaries they built themselves. They are tunnel visioned by the only life they have learned to live.

And in my opinion, the people that are considered middle class or have decent jobs and are somehow barely maintaining are in the same boat . . . . . . because it is a matter of that job ending and that family has nothing and has lost the only life they know.

In the case of some sort of emergency or catastrophic situation I will be heading a little deeper into the mountains. If I still lived in an urban or suburban situation I’d be heading for the areas where the poor and struggling live . . . . . because they know how to ‘make do’ and take care of themselves and families.

So for me, this is why learning to live self-reliant, as much as possible, is absolutely critical to in the very least, have a peace of mind.

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to blufire For This Useful Post:

Amenjo (1st February 2016), Aragorn (31st January 2016), bsbray (31st January 2016), Elen (31st January 2016), jimmer (31st January 2016), sandy (31st January 2016)

In Memoriam United States
    Thanks

26. The Following User Says Thank You to grannyfranny For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (31st January 2016)