Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Former "star seed" channeller discovers it was all NSA mind programing

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    As a woman searching for information and 'truth', such as it is, I'm sensitive to the potential vulnerability of my position. Many of these gurus just ooze a vibe that makes me want to go in the opposite direction from them. But certainly some are charmers. I never got close enough to be charmed.

My mother in law was troubled after her divorce and sought counseling in her church (Baptist). Then the bishop started hitting on her. She left the church. That's actually when she went new age. She was briefly involved with channelling but moved away from it. Reading was always her favorite way to seek knowledge.

bluefire, what are the memes you see taking over the alternative media and forums now? I haven't been around long enough to recognize the new from the tired and worn. I'm still figuring out who's busy parroting whom.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (18th January 2016), Aragorn (18th January 2016), bsbray (18th January 2016), Chester (18th January 2016), Elen (18th January 2016), Joanna (21st January 2016), Lansing (25th January 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 81,107 Times in 20,308 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by TimeLab View Post
    Big yes to the alternative community needing to take a good look in the mirror. And yes this forum is a big step in the right direction, but what seems like exceptions still stand out to me. For example, I had been mod, Corey would have been drilled and outed immediately, [...
    There was no evidence yet, at that point, that Corey was spreading disinformation — and for the record, I still maintain that Corey believes every word he says, because he has been programmed (and is probably still being programmed) to do so — but part of the big problem we had going on here at The One Truth at the time was the rivalry between Corey and the Ruiner followers. And just to be on the clear side...

• It was not Corey's followers who were causing us trouble. They were all very well-behaved. Corey himself also tried very hard — and I have to hand that to him — to respect the Forum Rules. Of course, he filed a lot of complaints to the mod room — and many of those complaints were legit, while there were just as many that only caused us to face-palm — but at least he tried to stick by the rules.

• For most part, it was also not The Ruiner himself who was causing us trouble and who was attacking Corey — although he did on a few rare occasions also get involved in the argues — but it was primarily his followers who were giving us trouble, and who were hounding and bullying Corey at every chance they got. And the only reason for this was that The Ruiner had declared Corey a fraud, and that the Ruiner followers took (and still take) everything The Ruiner says for the gospel.

...] and looooong ago a thread condescendingly titled 'Open your mind' but being about two of the current center stage charlatans Wilcock and Goode to me goes against the standards you're saying you're keeping differently. That thread is full of the 'refusing to see the forest for the trees' defenders of the people/beliefs they've bought hook, line and sinker that we are both talking about too.
    The thread you are referring to is called Open Your Mind - Corey Goode & David Wilcock - Sunday 28th June 2015, and it sits under the Radio Shows category. Open Your Mind is the actual name of that radio show, so if you find that condescending, then you may want to take that up with the producers of said show.

That said, the Open Your Mind thread is still very active today, in the sense that it gets posted to on an almost daily basis, but if you take a closer look at that thread, then you will also see that for many months already, it's primarily the same two people who are posting to that thread — one of them to a much larger extent than the other one, by the way. And these two people for some reason refuse to accept the facts and see things for what they are — again, this goes for one of them to a much larger extent than for the other person.

As staff members of The One Truth, and completely in line with The One Truth's philosophy, it is not our place to tell these people what they must believe. If we were to do that, then we'd be no better than a certain other forum in the alternative community, where they do actively endorse whistleblowers. And so far, virtually each of those actively endorsed whistleblowers — Inelia Benz, Stephen "Charles"/"Atticus" Hodges, Simon Parkes, Corey Goode, John Lamb Lash, Shane Bales — has turned out to be a fake, which doesn't exactly make said endorsement an ideal strategy toward persuading the mainstream to take alternative community forums seriously on anything at all. Furthermore, if we were indeed to start actively telling our members what to believe, then we'd be just as guilty of thought policing as The Powers That Be™ on this planet, and that's a place where we don't want to go.

All we can do is present the facts as we see them, and then it's up to our members to decide for themselves. And truth be told, we have already considered splitting off the Corey-promotion from the above-mentioned thread, but at the same time, we also acknowledge that it wouldn't stop the phenomenon itself. It would simply continue on the split-off thread. I am still open to the possibility of splitting that thread, but the hard part of it is going to be to determine where to split it up, because the topic has really smoothly transitioned from discussing the radio show into a report thread on all that Corey and Wilcock do, and that thread has already grown to huge proportions in the meantime.

This is once again one of those situations where, as the management team of this forum, we cannot win, because there's always going to be someone who will (loudly) disagree with our decision.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (18th January 2016), blufire (18th January 2016), bsbray (18th January 2016), Dreamtimer (18th January 2016), Elen (18th January 2016), Joanna (21st January 2016), Lansing (25th January 2016), modwiz (18th January 2016), Myst (18th January 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 178 Posts
    Just because the mainstream "scientific community" is as controlled and corrupted as any of our political systems doesn't mean that the idea of needing proof is lacking somehow. I've seen people also argue that we don't have to prove things that people like David Wilcock say (and DW himself was clearly telling people to take him on faith just a few months ago -- when he does not have the track record to deserve that privilege). That's crazy. Of course people should offer some kind of proof for what they say, when they are selling and making money from these fantastical stories. No self-respecting person should agree to take what anyone says about secret government programs or ETs or whatever else on faith. The best a legitimate whistleblower could say is "I don't have any proof but that's my story anyway and I'm telling you it's true." It could be true or false, but telling people they need to take these stories on faith is just ridiculous.
    Good and sane statement in my view as well , I wish that some in the mainstream scientific research payed attention ...if nothing else than to the few incidents of close contact with ETs that bear more than enough data to be investigated , so far , they don't .
    So called 'research' to these matters remains in hands of publics best opinion , there are no proofs true , because there's no one to investigate anything .

So far , there's no consensus on plausibility or not of this communication is happening , from your scientific authorities . They look at here and see nothing but huge smokey cloud , we are well shielded

Making any clear statement to someone in authority, is again possible only under extraordinary circumstances ... and it's good to make sure everyone had a meal and few cups of coffee before you start , unless you want to entertain the possibility of heart attacks .

Consider that we all are extremely vulnerable. No ET will contact human without judging all possible risks he has to undertake .

In your material world proofs are sometimes equal to strong force , hammer on the head .

It's not necessarily the only way to ascertain how something is real . Someone wise long long ago said that the 'truth sometimes appear by itself ... just when you stop searching for it'

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (18th January 2016), Aragorn (18th January 2016), bsbray (18th January 2016), Dreamtimer (18th January 2016), Elen (18th January 2016), Joanna (21st January 2016), Lansing (25th January 2016), modwiz (18th January 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Aragorn, first, it's such a pleasure to have such a grounded, unreactionary thoughtful conversation about issues on what could be a contentious topic, thank you very, very much, it doesn't happen often.

You explained the ongoing dilemmas of running a forum, the decisions that have to be made on where to draw lines and the decision to stick to the philosophy overall of not tell people what to think very well, and as I expected to hear. I still want to push the issue a little based on the 2016 big picture and 25+ years now of internet.

I think it's time for a new philosophy that takes a stand against muddying the very darkening waters any further and I think it can be done with posing questions, not telling.

In your shoes, I would feel guilty about allowing posting of anything I knew was highly disinfo, NLP laden or agenda driven because I would know I was throwing more very ugly and dangerous mud in the picture that spreads fast. Vulnerable seeker #1 falls for it, gets excited and tells seekers #2, #3, #4... and they tell #5, #6.... etc. - and YOU become a big contributor to the disinfo agents success and far more the worsening of the big picture than helping. When instead, vulnerable seeker #1 could have been pre-warned with substantive questions and given the opportunity to keep them in mind while watching/listening the content.

You have to pick one side to err on, yes? Throwing mud or ruffling feathers. There's enough real substance, knowledge and intelligent informed people now in these 25 years to have the right to stand up and ruffle I think - and in 2016 I feel it is the much better choice than contributing ANY more mud.

And yes, it would be absolutely wrong to tell people what to think or push any agendas too. You maybe do it by asking sharply pointed questions about the holes in the stories and story tellers people are blindly buying into and demand that they explain what they feel about it, why the questions are irrelevant, you maybe post disclaimers with content of what the questions about the person/agenda are. Lots of new logistics to figure out, but is it time for something new? - a forum that's known for no tolerance for BS, where anyone posting has to explain exactly why they believe the content of what they're posting.... or something.... not just throw out every newagey/conspiracy/alternative, etc. on the table without discernment in the name of free will.

Why aren't there real parallels between any offering dangerous drugs and alcohol to defenseless, vulnerable people looking to feel better and quick to cling for not knowing better, and offering dangerous information to defenseless, vulnerable minds looking for answers and quick to cling for not knowing better?

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TimeLab For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (18th January 2016), Aragorn (18th January 2016), bsbray (18th January 2016), Elen (18th January 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,469 Times in 10,174 Posts
    Dear oh dear, groupies and culling lol, I respect our mods here hugely and glad one poster on this thread is not a mod lol, one has to laugh IMO because if Cory is programmed and yes he very well may be, or not, they tptW have done an xlent job, picking Corey for this job as such when he so needs and has shown he needs to do self work, energy clearing etc is a bit silly, yes ?.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (18th January 2016), bsbray (18th January 2016), Dreamtimer (18th January 2016), Elen (18th January 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,469 Times in 10,174 Posts
    I, like many others in these times, wish for proof. Yes we use discernment and intuition alongside logic but still we will have two sides of the fence, proof as in the case of Ruined fella is very helpful lol and if the same happens with Corey and DW around blue avians etc, xlent as proof is so so like truth, freeing. As for their past, I will not judge myself on my past.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (18th January 2016), bsbray (18th January 2016), Dreamtimer (18th January 2016), Joanna (21st January 2016)

Thanks
    Aragorn, first, it's such a pleasure to have such a grounded, unreactionary thoughtful conversation about issues on what could be a contentious topic, thank you very, very much, it doesn't happen often.

You explained the ongoing dilemmas of running a forum, the decisions that have to be made on where to draw lines and the decision to stick to the philosophy overall of not tell people what to think very well, and as I expected to hear. I still want to push the issue a little based on the 2016 big picture and 25+ years now of internet.

I think it's time for a new philosophy that takes a stand against muddying the very darkening waters any further and I think it can be done with posing questions, not telling.

In your shoes, I would feel guilty about allowing posting of anything I knew was highly disinfo, NLP laden or agenda driven because I would know I was throwing more very ugly and dangerous mud in the picture that spreads fast.
    I'm afraid I cannot appreciate the guilt trip you are trying to lay on me here — nor on my colleagues for that matter.

Vulnerable seeker #1 falls for it, gets excited and tells seekers #2, #3, #4... and they tell #5, #6.... etc. - and YOU become a big contributor to the disinfo agents success and far more the worsening of the big picture than helping. When instead, vulnerable seeker #1 could have been pre-warned with substantive questions and given the opportunity to keep them in mind while watching/listening the content.

You have to pick one side to err on, yes? Throwing mud or ruffling feathers. There's enough real substance, knowledge and intelligent informed people now in these 25 years to have the right to stand up and ruffle I think - and in 2016 I feel it is the much better choice than contributing ANY more mud.
    I refuse to accept the accusation that we as staff members would be contributing to the accumulation of misinformation. I believe that we intervene in exactly the right amount, and at exactly the right time. And a lot of that goes by way of the back-channels, so that would then be something the vast majority of our members remains completely oblivious about. But we are not running this forum like a totalitarian state, nor will we ever go there. People do still have free will and freedom of thought. But with great freedom comes great responsibility.

Neither you nor anyone else can hold us accountable for other people's decisions or thought processes. There is such a thing as personal responsibility, and it is one of the flaws of the members of the so-called alternative community — a flaw which they have in common with the members of mainstream society — that they keep on externalizing both their conscience and their discernment, and projecting the blame on others for the mistakes they themselves continue to make.

That's where the whole savior paradigm comes into play. Whether it's Jahweh/JeHoVa, Allah, Jesus Christ, Mohamed or Buddha, or whether it's the government, or whether it's some self-proclaimed guru, it all boils down to the same thing: a refusal to accept and acknowledge one's own responsibility. It is human nature. And there's nothing that either you or I can do about it, sadly enough. Assuming responsibility is part of growing up, and the way I see it, humanity is actually devolving in that regard.

By the same token, we as the staff of The One Truth are not running away from our responsibilities, and — not that I wish to put myself on a pedestal here — I myself as an individual have already all too often gone way too far in the other direction. And it didn't end well, I can tell you that much.

I think that, as a moderator team, we are doing a more than excellent job of keeping our heads level and managing this forum as best as can be. We don't go around patting ourselves on the back all of the time, but I do firmly believe that we over here at The One Truth are handling things much more diligently and conscientiously than is the case at many other forums in this community. We're not infallible, but at least we do make up for our own mistakes, and we run this place with a great sense of responsibility.

And yes, it would be absolutely wrong to tell people what to think or push any agendas too. You maybe do it by asking sharply pointed questions about the holes in the stories and story tellers people are blindly buying into and demand that they explain what they feel about it, why the questions are irrelevant, you maybe post disclaimers with content of what the questions about the person/agenda are.
    We already do that, but in the Dutch language, we have a saying — I can't really translate it into English while preserving the efficiency of the original as it won't rhyme anymore — which basically boils down to something like...

"There's no point in offering a candle and glasses to an owl that doesn't want to read."

The owl is considered a symbol of wisdom and knowledge over here in Western Europe. I guess that an equivalent expression in English would be...

"You can lead a horse to the water, but you cannot make it drink."

When, after we've asked all the right questions, pointed out all the obvious flaws, and presented all of of the evidence, people then still refuse to accept the facts for what they are, then there's nothing we can do anymore to sway them away from what they have chosen to turn into a newly found religion.

Lots of new logistics to figure out, but is it time for something new? - a forum that's known for no tolerance for BS, where anyone posting has to explain exactly why they believe the content of what they're posting.... or something.... not just throw out every newagey/conspiracy/alternative, etc. on the table without discernment in the name of free will.
    As explained above, we do actively speak our minds, and we also do have the banners with the disclaimers up. But as I've also explained above, it is time for people to assume their personal responsibility. I believe that we're already doing all we can to make sure that our members don't step into any obvious traps, but we don't control their minds, and we don't even wish to go there.

The last thing we would ever want to do here is turn this forum into a totalitarian regime, or into a poor facsimile of mainstream society, where all of this so-called "alternative" stuff is being ridiculed or put under pressure to provide for hard and physically tangible evidence. How do you present physical and tangible evidence of things which are neither physical nor tangible?

By the way, there is such a forum where the management actively tells its members what to believe, and where they even run things in a covertly totalitarian manner — and I myself happen to know about that all too well, because I was banned from there for refusing to kneel when I was being ordered to. I've already alluded to that forum in my previous post. And I've also already mentioned their track record in that regard.

Why aren't there real parallels between any offering dangerous drugs and alcohol to defenseless, vulnerable people looking to feel better and quick to cling for not knowing better, and offering dangerous information to defenseless, vulnerable minds looking for answers and quick to cling for not knowing better?
    I believe that we as staff members are being conscientious enough in that regard already. And just for the record, since you draw the parallel with drugs, we had a member here not too long ago who was actively promoting the use of crack cocaine, and he was doing it while he himself was clearly under the influence — he even threw in a bit of autobiographical semi-pornographic prose at no extra charge — and I've personally banned him.

We protect our members from every conceivable threat which could manifest itself on a forum. But what we cannot protect them from, is themselves. Trust me. Been there, done that. Have the T-shirt, the baseball cap and the bumper sticker.

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (19th January 2016), bsbray (18th January 2016), Chester (18th January 2016), Dreamtimer (18th January 2016), Elen (18th January 2016), Joanna (21st January 2016), Lansing (25th January 2016), modwiz (18th January 2016), Myst (18th January 2016)

(account terminated) United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,648 Times in 2,895 Posts
    In your shoes, I would feel guilty about allowing posting of anything I knew was highly disinfo, NLP laden or agenda driven because I would know I was throwing more very ugly and dangerous mud in the picture that spreads fast. Vulnerable seeker #1 falls for it, gets excited and tells seekers #2, #3, #4... and they tell #5, #6.... etc. - and YOU become a big contributor to the disinfo agents success and far more the worsening of the big picture than helping. When instead, vulnerable seeker #1 could have been pre-warned with substantive questions and given the opportunity to keep them in mind while watching/listening the content.
    I see people post things here that I consider, in my opinion, to be disinformation, but I don't feel any personal responsibility in taking charge of what another person believes. I could be wrong too, after all. And I have stated my opinions, I know Aianawa at least has been made aware of my thoughts about Corey Goode and David Wilcock on multiple occasions, but as another poster here just like anyone else, that's all I can do. My only job as a moderator is to make sure the (fairly reasonable) guidelines aren't abused.

The problem with taking a stand against baloney is that someone has to define what the baloney is. And no one here is going to be in 100% agreement about that. But that's actually a great opportunity for a discussion board: comparing ideas.

I don't think anyone here who is posting what you would consider to be disinfo, considers what they post to be disinfo themselves. It comes down to a matter of opinion, especially since a lot of this supposedly channeled or whistleblower stuff is a lot of imaginative ideas that can't actually be proven true or false anyway. So I'm not sure the metaphor is a completely accurate one.

Bottom line for me is that I sympathize with your sentiment about these sources of information here but I don't think how you suggest we handle it would actually be practical. It would probably just start drama and make some people angry. No one would change their minds.
    Last edited by bsbray, 18th January 2016 at 09:21.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bsbray For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (19th January 2016), Aragorn (18th January 2016), Elen (18th January 2016), Joanna (21st January 2016), Lansing (25th January 2016), modwiz (18th January 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    I'm afraid I cannot appreciate the guilt trip you are trying to lay on me here — nor on my colleagues for that matter.

I refuse to accept the accusation that we as staff members would be contributing to the accumulation of misinformation. I believe that we intervene in exactly the right amount, and at exactly the right time. And a lot of that goes by way of the back-channels, so that would then be something the vast majority of our members remains completely oblivious about. But we are not running this forum like a totalitarian state, nor will we ever go there. People do still have free will and freedom of thought. But with great freedom comes great responsibility.

Neither you nor anyone else can hold us accountable for other people's decisions or thought processes. There is such a thing as personal responsibility, and it is one of the flaws of the members of the so-called alternative community — a flaw which they have in common with the members of mainstream society — that they keep on externalizing both their conscience and their discernment, and projecting the blame on others for the mistakes they themselves continue to make.

That's where the whole savior paradigm comes into play. Whether it's Jahweh/JeHoVa, Allah, Jesus Christ, Mohamed or Buddha, or whether it's the government, or whether it's some self-proclaimed guru, it all boils down to the same thing: a refusal to accept and acknowledge one's own responsibility. It is human nature. And there's nothing that either you or I can do about it, sadly enough. Assuming responsibility is part of growing up, and the way I see it, humanity is actually devolving in that regard.

By the same token, we as the staff of The One Truth are not running away from our responsibilities, and — not that I wish to put myself on a pedestal here — I myself as an individual have already all too often gone way too far in the other direction. And it didn't end well, I can tell you that much.

I think that, as a moderator team, we are doing a more than excellent job of keeping our heads level and managing this forum as best as can be. We don't go around patting ourselves on the back all of the time, but I do firmly believe that we over here at The One Truth are handling things much more diligently and conscientiously than is the case at many other forums in this community. We're not infallible, but at least we do make up for our own mistakes, and we run this place with a great sense of responsibility.

We already do that, but in the Dutch language, we have a saying — I can't really translate it into English while preserving the efficiency of the original as it won't rhyme anymore — which basically boils down to something like...

"There's no point in offering a candle and glasses to an owl that doesn't want to read."

The owl is considered a symbol of wisdom and knowledge over here in Western Europe. I guess that an equivalent expression in English would be...

"You can lead a horse to the water, but you cannot make it drink."

When, after we've asked all the right questions, pointed out all the obvious flaws, and presented all of of the evidence, people then still refuse to accept the facts for what they are, then there's nothing we can do anymore to sway them away from what they have chosen to turn into a newly found religion.

As explained above, we do actively speak our minds, and we also do have the banners with the disclaimers up. But as I've also explained above, it is time for people to assume their personal responsibility. I believe that we're already doing all we can to make sure that our members don't step into any obvious traps, but we don't control their minds, and we don't even wish to go there.

The last thing we would ever want to do here is turn this forum into a totalitarian regime, or into a poor facsimile of mainstream society, where all of this so-called "alternative" stuff is being ridiculed or put under pressure to provide for hard and physically tangible evidence. How do you present physical and tangible evidence of things which are neither physical nor tangible?

By the way, there is such a forum where the management actively tells its members what to believe, and where they even run things in a covertly totalitarian manner — and I myself happen to know about that all too well, because I was banned from there for refusing to kneel when I was being ordered to. I've already alluded to that forum in my previous post. And I've also already mentioned their track record in that regard.

I believe that we as staff members are being conscientious enough in that regard already. And just for the record, since you draw the parallel with drugs, we had a member here not too long ago who was actively promoting the use of crack cocaine, and he was doing it while he himself was clearly under the influence — he even threw in a bit of autobiographical semi-pornographic prose at no extra charge — and I've personally banned him.

We protect our members from every conceivable threat which could manifest itself on a forum. But what we cannot protect them from, is themselves. Trust me. Been there, done that. Have the T-shirt, the baseball cap and the bumper sticker.
    Well written and expressed, Aragorn. As I have stated in my own thread, the moderator team here is the best in my experience with forums of this nature. Let me chime in support for excellence in moderation here. Aragorn and Bsray are a pleasure to read and the newer moderators are fitting in seamlessly. After a long slog though the internet international news sites through out the day I can always come here to take the edge off. Even if there is no fresh content, ToT is a welcome break from the tumult "out there".

The moderation team keeps the sleepy little "Shire" a safe and sane destination. As it should be. I have only admiration for the team.

@Timelab. All forums have the own "cultures". In our culture it is impolite to be overly penurious with ones use of the thanks button. I tend to only thank the posts that are worth the time put in to read them but, I do sometimes give "mercy" thanks because I am in a good mood. Cultures are important to acknowledge as they are organisms with immune systems. There are immune system dysfunctions in most of the other forums. Here it is not too aggressive or passive but it is robust. Along with the moderators, the community/organism provides support in their own ways. People like myself are part of the stronger support. Lord Sidious, when present, is a glaring example of this.

Enjoy your stay.
    Last edited by modwiz, 18th January 2016 at 10:08.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (19th January 2016), Aragorn (18th January 2016), bsbray (18th January 2016), Chester (18th January 2016), Dreamtimer (18th January 2016), Elen (18th January 2016), Joanna (21st January 2016), Lansing (25th January 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by bsbray View Post
    Bottom line for me is that I sympathize with your sentiment about these sources of information here but I don't think how you suggest we handle it would actually be practical. It would probably just start drama and make some people angry. No one would change their minds.
    You show the wisdom that guides you, brother. Beautifully summarized.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (19th January 2016), Aragorn (18th January 2016), bsbray (18th January 2016), Chester (18th January 2016), Dreamtimer (18th January 2016), Elen (18th January 2016), Joanna (21st January 2016), Lansing (25th January 2016)

Senior Member United States Chester's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,591 Times in 1,349 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aianawa View Post
    So what could this person do for himself to escape the directed energy ?.
    Suggestion - try out this part of my operational protocol.

If I am unsure as to where thoughts may come from, I can surely reflect on those thoughts and choose which ones I wish to own. Once I have decided to own a thought, the words and deeds I now produce which are influenced in any way by this thought is all and only my own personal responsibility. If I end up not liking the results, I only have myself to blame.

So whether this is possible, whether demons can pop thoughts in my head, whether I unsuspectingly ate some bad acid, whether the NSA/CIA/DARPA (etc.) techno creeps decide to target me with directed energy technology, I am ultimately responsible for every single thought I retain.

I have started to apply this protocol rigorously since I stepped in the poo (which started early January, 2015 and ended in late October 2015) and it has worked magnificently.
    All the above is all and only my opinion. It may contain some sharing of components of my current operating strategy and some foundational components of my current world view - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

It's just a ride

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGD...vgBsCHmlC13jOg

https://www.facebook.com/samhunter57

http://merlynagain.blogspot.com/

22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (19th January 2016), Aragorn (18th January 2016), bsbray (18th January 2016), Dreamtimer (18th January 2016), Elen (18th January 2016), Joanna (21st January 2016), Lansing (25th January 2016), modwiz (18th January 2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by modwiz View Post
    Good reading in this thread. A real pleasure.
    Best thread I have come upon in quite some time (anywhere).
    All the above is all and only my opinion. It may contain some sharing of components of my current operating strategy and some foundational components of my current world view - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

It's just a ride

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (19th January 2016), Aragorn (18th January 2016), bsbray (18th January 2016), Dreamtimer (18th January 2016), Elen (18th January 2016), Joanna (21st January 2016), Lansing (25th January 2016), modwiz (18th January 2016)

Thanks
    Timelab - I was one of the vulnerable seekers. I am glad I wasn't "protected" because my experience pushed me to grow.

I can now say in hindsight that what TOT did with regards to all these "internet celebrities" was, at least for me, very beneficial. Note: I was one of the followers of one of these celebs and came very close to meeting my own banning. But the staff was patient with me and via PMs did a damn good job of making a very good case that I needed to look carefully at -

myself!

If instead a forum is going to become a watchdog site, that forum will no longer be the same open place where someone like me might... for awhile, fall into the trap one of these celebs sets where I can learn or not and thus grow such that I no longer fall for such crap.

Your idea feels to me like making this place no different than a "nanny state."

Now, there are indeed "watchdog sites" for various internet sub industries... but this is far different from a forum. With regards to a watchdog site, who would be watching the watchdog? So perhaps the best thing after all is that vulnerable seekers get burned enough they wake the heck up. Isn't that a much more attractive outcome?

It's just a ride

26. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (19th January 2016), Aragorn (18th January 2016), bsbray (18th January 2016), Dreamtimer (18th January 2016), Elen (18th January 2016), Joanna (21st January 2016), johnjen325 (18th January 2016), Lansing (25th January 2016), modwiz (18th January 2016), Myst (18th January 2016)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Good to see you here, Sam. I had a dream the other night where an older man -nearly elderly- had his arm around me and kept trying to kiss me. I evaded his attempts and spun out of his arms. There was poo on the floor and I made my excuses to leave him because I had to go clean off my feet. Fortunately there was no smell in this dream...

I like your protocol. Someone can plant an idea in your head in myriad ways. Examining yourself and taking responsibility is the best approach, imo. I hope it brings you strength and peace.

I looked up Giles. I recognized his pictures. I don't think I ever knew his material. How does one move on from that? Will he become a 'healer' for those who were taken in by false gurus? I hope not.

Here, we have Malc, who's our forum guru, Aragorn who's our AI guru, Elen who's our Survivors guru, bsbray who's our history guru... Silliness.

28. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (19th January 2016), Aragorn (18th January 2016), bsbray (18th January 2016), Chester (18th January 2016), Elen (18th January 2016), Joanna (21st January 2016), Lansing (25th January 2016), modwiz (18th January 2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    Here, we have Malc, who's our forum guru, Aragorn who's our AI guru, Elen who's our Survivors guru, bsbray who's our history guru... Silliness.
    I'm not an AI gu...@#½{è^}#!>>>>>> GENERAL PROTECTION FAULT! PLEASE REBOOT YOUR SYSTEM.

All jest aside, A.I. isn't actually even an interest of mine. I do have a bit of a background in computer technology, but nothing A.I.-related. I also come from a paramedical background and a general sciences background, for that matter. On the other hand, I have such a wide field of interest in such an eclectic collection of topics that I'm not sure I would even qualify as a guru on anything at all.

bsbray and Elen do on the other hand have quite a bit of knowledge on account of archeology, but so do some of our other forum members — skywizard's threads are always interesting in that regard, but I don't want to start praising individual members, as that would come across as favoritism in the eyes of our more shy members.

The One Truth is what it is because together we make a differenceall of us. That is and will always be our tag line.

30. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (19th January 2016), bsbray (18th January 2016), Chester (18th January 2016), Dreamtimer (18th January 2016), Elen (18th January 2016), jcocks (19th January 2016), Joanna (21st January 2016), Lansing (25th January 2016), modwiz (18th January 2016)