Thread: Videos capturing strange unexplainable events?

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,661 Times in 1,264 Posts

Videos capturing strange unexplainable events?

Happy New Year 2016. These are some video captures I came across. To me, videos like these may document the forteana nature and possibility of what we call reality. Please share yours? And if you want, please debunk or whatever...no possibility of thread derailment here.

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FFqddRyf5c

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oz5ovVVdJw

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6UHLd_zxuo

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (3rd January 2016), Aragorn (3rd January 2016), bsbray (3rd January 2016), Elen (3rd January 2016), Frances (3rd January 2016), Greenbarry (4th June 2016), jimmer (4th January 2016), Joanna (4th January 2016), Lansing (6th January 2016), modwiz (21st December 2016), The One (3rd January 2016)

(account terminated) United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,648 Times in 2,895 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Maggie View Post
    This is one of my favorite quotes by Lincoln. I think it comes from his 1797 book of prophecies, The Psychic Boy from Illinois.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to bsbray For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (3rd January 2016), Aragorn (3rd January 2016), Frances (4th January 2016), jimmer (4th January 2016), Lansing (6th January 2016), Maggie (3rd January 2016), The One (3rd January 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,974 Times in 20,256 Posts

Cool

Quote Originally posted by bsbray View Post
    Quote Originally posted by Maggie View Post
    This is one of my favorite quotes by Lincoln. I think it comes from his 1797 book of prophecies, The Psychic Boy from Illinois.
    Pfff, he stole that line from Isaac Newton and he cut off the copyright symbol with a pair of scissors. My grandmother's hairdresser's cousin's two-door-down neighbor's great-great-great-great-grandfather's stable mate's sister-in-law's boyfriend saw it happen.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (3rd January 2016), bsbray (3rd January 2016), Elen (4th June 2016), Frances (4th January 2016), Greenbarry (4th June 2016), Lansing (6th January 2016), Maggie (4th January 2016), modwiz (21st December 2016)

(account terminated)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,074 Times in 359 Posts

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FFqddRyf5c

I like to be as fit as this guy.
    Also when I cannot do juggling.

How to climax fit:

fit fitter fittest

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to scibuster For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (4th June 2016), Aragorn (5th January 2016), Elen (4th June 2016), Frances (4th January 2016), Lansing (6th January 2016), Maggie (4th January 2016)

Thanks
    I am still curious about REAL magic and who are the REAL magicians?

David Blaine?
    This series is really quite intriguing.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsQYCf4Uz4Q

8 powerful chi masters

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9ZpI-Baj34

running on water

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXoGo5_IB5s
    Last edited by Maggie, 21st December 2016 at 01:31.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (4th June 2016), Aragorn (4th January 2016), Frances (4th January 2016), jimmer (4th January 2016), Lansing (6th January 2016), modwiz (21st December 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 2,620 Posts
    marking this thread for later viewing

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (4th June 2016), Aragorn (4th January 2016), Maggie (5th January 2016)

Thanks
    This video is an examination of some of the most well-known “magicians” in the world. The conclusion of the video creator is that demonic forces are involved.

These acts are impossible for a human being to perform without the assistance of a spirit or spirits. The video also shows overwhelming evidence that connects many different "magicians" to demons. The video proves that these "magicians" are really sorcerers who use demonic power to perform their "tricks".
    I don't know what is involved but here are some amazing performances...including "face Changers" which I had never herd about?

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkZvYglefsU

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (4th June 2016), Aragorn (4th June 2016), Dreamtimer (21st December 2016), Elen (4th June 2016), modwiz (21st December 2016)

Thanks
    Haunted TVs are scarier to me than almost any scary possible.

Ghosts in the Machine: The Strange World of Haunted TVs

Even as we have progressed as a species and our technology has become ever more advanced, stories of hauntings and communications from the dead have always followed us around. The only difference is that they seemed to have evolved along beside us, changing along with our world and seemingly working their way into our technology. Whereas once ghosts leapt out from old decrepit houses and Ouija boards, now they seem to have a whole new world of avenues through which to break through the wall that separates their domain from our own, and these ways can be every bit as creepy, scary, and indeed terrifying as anything that has come before. One of the more interesting incarnations of hauntings to emerge in the past century is the rise of ghosts that seem to be drawn to TVs, allegedly traveling into these devices through unknown means and reaching out through the screen into our living rooms and indeed our nightmares.
    Tales of ghosts in television sets have been around almost as long as the medium. Since the technology first became available to the masses there have been claims that spectral forces had a way of speaking through them or even using them as platforms from which to vault into our world. In the beginning such reports were most likely due to the public uncertainty of this new technology and its innate mysteriousness, combined with the tendency for earlier TVs to frequently have ghost or double images, fog, sound distortion, and strange static patterns, all of which served to spook the general public. All of this made the TV ripe for stories of hauntings and spectral images broadcast into people’s living rooms; a bizarre world beyond our own where spirits and ghosts could fly through the airwaves. Indeed in TV’s early days, some superstitious people who were suspicious and anxious about all of this talk of electromagnetic waves and cathode ray tubes saw televisions as almost portals into another dimension altogether, and other paranoid folk saw the new technology as the perfect way for the government or shadowy organizations to carry out covert surveillance on them. People just did not understand how TVs worked, and this made them enigmatic, often spooky machines, with all of the requisite tales of strangeness that comes with that.

One of the earlier publicized accounts of a haunted TV set was one owned by a family in Long Island, New York in 1953. It concerns the Travers family, who claimed at the time that their TV was inhabited by the ghost of a woman who would jump out of the background of television shows or creep out from static. The woman’s voice was also said to echo out from the TV, even when it was turned off or unplugged completely. The story was so well-known that it featured in an issue of the NY Times, but when curious reporters flocked to the residence to try and get evidence of the haunting the spectral woman appeared to be shy and never appeared to anyone except the family.
    Another very eerie and widely circulated story occurred in 1968, when a woman in Minnesota claimed that an outstretched hand had reached out from the black murk beyond the screen of her unplugged television and pressed its palm right up against the glass. The startled woman managed to take a photograph of the alleged ghostly hand as it began to fade away, and the picture has made the rounds ever since. According to the woman and her husband, the same hand had appeared on one other occasion as well, about a year before. The photo itself is creepy but rather inconclusive, with theories ranging from an outright hoax, to a burned image or malfunction, to an actual example of a spirit trying to communicate through an electronic device.

Continued here

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (5th March 2017), Dreamtimer (21st December 2016), Elen (22nd December 2016), modwiz (21st December 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    I've found haunted dolls to be very creepy.

I recall the TV talking to the little girl in the movie Poltergeist.

Around Halloween time, Heather Wade shared a very disturbing story about a Ouija board that was used to let in a spirit, began to burn up, and when they tried to bury it or throw it away it kept reappearing.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (5th March 2017), Elen (22nd December 2016), Maggie (21st December 2016), modwiz (5th March 2017)

Retired Member Great Britain
    Thanks
    These videos are entertaining but most definitely NOT a sign of extraordinary powers I am sorry to say.

The first is an excellent example of ball juggling/trickery with a fushigi ball among others....as in this video:

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BXbMFGWL-k

The second is simple card trick, very easy to learn with a little practice...as in this video:

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2ZQOzb1Kq4

The third looks like the result of a fixed angle camera in the chasing car just losing sight of the car it is chasing.

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ArtyCarl For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (5th March 2017), Aragorn (6th March 2017), Dreamtimer (6th March 2017), Elen (6th March 2017), Greenbarry (5th March 2017), Maggie (5th March 2017), modwiz (5th March 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts
    Gidday ArtyCarl, chi/ki/Qi tricks are best imo to understand it is science really, energy manipulation etc, your feelings on this ?

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (6th March 2017), ArtyCarl (6th March 2017), Dreamtimer (6th March 2017), Elen (6th March 2017), Greenbarry (6th March 2017), Maggie (6th March 2017), modwiz (5th March 2017)

Thanks
    Hi Aianawa, I have seen plenty of videos regarding the manipulation of chi but am yet to be convinced that the videos actually show this.

I do believe there are people capable of channeling that chi power, as there are others, I am certain, capable of extraordinary feats of all kinds....but it is my firm belief that these special individuals are not filming them for Youtube clicks.

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ArtyCarl For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (5th March 2017), Aragorn (6th March 2017), Dreamtimer (6th March 2017), Elen (6th March 2017), Greenbarry (6th March 2017), modwiz (5th March 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts
    Totally, I go from my own experience like using the same desposable razor for four years ( imbuing it with chi ( reiki )), own experience is important, I feel once you know energy within, one can understand outside of oneself much better, do you have a practice, a chi or meditation practice ArtyCarl ?.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (6th March 2017), ArtyCarl (6th March 2017), Elen (6th March 2017), Maggie (6th March 2017)

Thanks
    No, unfortunately Aianawa, my areas of interest are UFOs and more recently Remote Viewing which I have had some, limited but intriguing, success with.

Perhaps meditation might help me with that....something to find time for.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ArtyCarl For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (6th March 2017), Dreamtimer (6th March 2017), Elen (6th March 2017), Greenbarry (7th March 2017), Maggie (6th March 2017)