Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The U.S. Pentagon's 2013 Secret Revolt Against Obama

(account terminated) United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,648 Times in 2,895 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by jimmer View Post
    so, ObamaCo. didn't successfully neuter the military after the 2013 coop?
    lots of heads were chopped...
    Yes, lots of heads were chopped, but I have a feeling that the real authority in control at the Pentagon doesn't consist of people that Obama can fire, necessarily. Since WW2 a lot of the military-industrial complex has been corporate and there has also been a lot of testimony over the years that a lot of commands have been formed that are covert and not even officially acknowledged to exist. So it would be hard to fire someone from a position that doesn't officially exist. And if they are organized under the banner of a corporation then there are technically separate from the US government.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bsbray For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (24th December 2015), Aragorn (24th December 2015), Cearna (24th December 2015), Dumpster Diver (24th December 2015), GCS1103 (25th December 2015), jimmer (24th December 2015)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 2,620 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by bsbray View Post
    Yes, lots of heads were chopped, but I have a feeling that the real authority in control at the Pentagon doesn't consist of people that Obama can fire, necessarily. Since WW2 a lot of the military-industrial complex has been corporate and there has also been a lot of testimony over the years that a lot of commands have been formed that are covert and not even officially acknowledged to exist. So it would be hard to fire someone from a position that doesn't officially exist. And if they are organized under the banner of a corporation then there are technically separate from the US government.
    Do not confuse the military with the "military-industrial complex." Folks who move on to civilian careers are many times viewed as renegades, "sell-outs". Anyone not "inside the tent" of the military is an outsider who only has some friends inside. This is not a monolithic thing.

With the military becoming aware of the cabal, a real rage can build from that. No one is more hated than someone who has betrayed his "tribe."

This is good and bad as the military's way of dealing with things is always: breaking things and killing people. LOVE is NOT the answer with these guys.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (24th December 2015), Aragorn (24th December 2015), bsbray (24th December 2015), Cearna (24th December 2015), GCS1103 (25th December 2015), jimmer (24th December 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,116 Times in 3,777 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by bsbray View Post
    Yes, lots of heads were chopped, but I have a feeling that the real authority in control at the Pentagon doesn't consist of people that Obama can fire, necessarily. .
    from what I've read, the 'retirement' of the highest ranking officer, the chief of staff Dempsey, was a head chopping.

a couple of years ago, obamaco. created a litmus test for high and mid ranking military officers:

if ordered, would you use force against armed, rebel citizens? (a yes answer breaks our constitution)

those who would defend the constitution were out. (both voluntary and forced)

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jimmer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (24th December 2015), Aragorn (24th December 2015), bsbray (24th December 2015), Cearna (24th December 2015), GCS1103 (25th December 2015)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Dumpster Diver View Post
    This is good and bad as the military's way of dealing with things is always: breaking things and killing people. LOVE is NOT the answer with these guys.
    I don't doubt this. But even a coldly calculated assessment of the situation today would suggest that the best thing for the US military, if it doesn't want to be in serious trouble, would be to help restore real order and stability to the Middle East, Ukraine, etc., before things escalate into a catastrophic world war. And it looks like this is what they're going to try to do. So, if only in that respect, they could arguably be seen as the relative "good guys" in this scenario. German officers tried to oust Hitler for similar reasons, unfortunately without success.

Yes, jimmer, I heard about that happening. I would love to see how that went over with officers behind closed doors.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bsbray For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (24th December 2015), Aragorn (24th December 2015), Cearna (24th December 2015), GCS1103 (25th December 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,975 Times in 20,256 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dumpster Diver View Post
    Another thing, there is no one military: Air force, Army, Navy and to some extent Marine Corps, all with differing philosophies, and they do not trust each other. In peaceful times, they fight amongst each other for money and it is bitter rivalries.
    And don't forget the Anglo-Saxon governments' favorite privatized military contingent, i.e. Blackwater, later on renamed to Xe Services, and now again renamed to Academi. They've got battle cruisers, they've got jets and helicopters, they've got fully automatic and select-fire firearms — I wouldn't be surprised if they were to turn out to own at least one submarine either. Officially they are a "security training and consulting company", but they can be more correctly regarded as a corporate supplier of mercenary forces.

Who needs MI5/MI6/GCHQ, CIA/NSA, ASIO or whatever, when you can have a private corporation taking care of all the dirty work and keep your hands clean as a government? Remember the Maidan snipers?

The guy uttering the words "Outta my face" was later on identified, and by name, — take that for what it's worth — as a Canadian citizen.

Note: I had initially wanted to insert two videos, but the second video is too graphic, so I've left it out of this post.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (24th December 2015), bsbray (24th December 2015), Cearna (24th December 2015), Elen (25th December 2015), GCS1103 (25th December 2015)

Thanks
    That company was in all likelihood being funded by the CIA in Ukraine, Aragorn. Aside from groups like ISIS and al Qaeda, it seems to be one of the CIA's favorite go-to's for organized murder, since they aren't publicly funded for fielding their own armies (which at least partially explains the need for drug trafficking).

Even Oliver Stone was talking about it:

‘CIA fingerprints’ all over Kiev massacre – Oliver Stone

The armed coup in Kiev is painfully similar to CIA operations to oust unwanted foreign leaders in Iran, Chile and Venezuela, said US filmmaker Oliver Stone after interviewing Ukraine’s ousted president for a documentary.
    https://www.rt.com/news/218899-stone-kiev-massacre-cia/

A related RT article:

CIA director admits he visited Kiev, refuses to call Russia enemy

John Brennan, the head of the CIA, said in an interview he did go to Kiev “a few weeks ago” to talk to Ukrainian “partners and friends.” He also declined to call Russia an enemy dubbing it instead “a major power”.

While talking to Fusion’s Jorge Ramos, Brennan admitted to the host’s question his visit to Ukraine’s capital in mid-April.

“I was out there to interact with our Ukrainian partners and friends. I had the opportunity to walk through the streets of Kiev and also go to Maidan Square and see the memorials to those Ukrainians trying to find liberty and freedom for their people,” he said.
    https://www.rt.com/usa/158268-cia-br...ukraine-visit/

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bsbray For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (24th December 2015), Aragorn (24th December 2015), Cearna (24th December 2015), Elen (25th December 2015)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 2,620 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by jimmer View Post
    like I said, opaque and dark.

dude, it's one thing to actually know it all and quite another to think you know it all.
    so, please relax and enjoy the holiday season.
    Well said, I'm a little full of myself sometimes. Enjoyment begins!

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (24th December 2015), Aragorn (24th December 2015), bsbray (25th December 2015), Cearna (24th December 2015), Elen (25th December 2015), GCS1103 (25th December 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts
    This I first seen on veterans today, helps finish the year on a very positive note, also shuts a few naysayers up who over the last couple of years, who said this was impossible, DW took some flak also.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (25th December 2015), Elen (25th December 2015)