Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Let's Get Into It: Trump

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,244 Times in 922 Posts
    jimmer:

both

My point was that Jeb! could not see as clearly.

All politicians "play the people" to a certain extent, that is the nature of politics. The issue that remains to be seen is what he does if people buy into his views.

Quote Originally posted by jimmer
    he's tuned in, not playing. he's acting, not manipulating

I see those dichotomies to be viewpoints of an observer. The glass half empty or half full. The choice of which view an individual takes depends on how they evaluate him to their situation.

+1 to swing for the bleachers.

I also think it is a part of his strategy, people have seen him on TV and have a preconception already built about who he is. If he where to change, it would create a type of cognitive dissonance around the image and personality he presents. Then his campaign would only arise suspicions; being able to continue the "TV character" gives a lot of authenticity to that figure of authority already established.

He is a business man too, he can't not play the money game at some stage. He is lucky in that he can choose the time and place he engages the money.

Very smart indeed.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to lcam88 For This Useful Post:

bsbray (17th December 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,116 Times in 3,777 Posts
    it's all about the 'art of the deal.'

you go for the stars to get the moon.

what sounds at first to be outrageous, are the stars.

the negotiation begin there...

yes, he's a deal maker, not a safe (protect ones butt) politician.

he is a true, once-in-a-lifetime, anomaly. (love him or hate him : )

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jimmer For This Useful Post:

bsbray (17th December 2015)

(account terminated) United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,648 Times in 2,895 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by jimmer View Post
    people are willing to gamble on a winner, this bull in the political china shop, to break the elite glass bubble.
    He might break more than that. We have a lot of serious economic problems and Trump is the archetypal, cut-throat western businessman, the kind that is proud of his obscene wealth and thinks that all 300+ million of us could all be as wealthy as he is if we just tried harder. When it comes to economic reforms, if he has any part in that, then we really will be taking a gamble. Who would his sort of reforms benefit, in a time when the middle class is being totally gutted and millions are unemployed and below poverty levels? Plus as I posted above, he makes and breaks promises as they're convenient to him and doesn't even apologize for it. I can't trust this guy any more than I could trust a Bush or a Clinton.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bsbray For This Useful Post:

jimmer (18th December 2015), lcam88 (18th December 2015), lift the veil (18th December 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    when all hope is gone, you have nothing.

sometimes, the times call for a leap of f a i t h.

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,393 Times in 625 Posts
    This is all I am going to say about Trump, using a Sasquatch analogy (of course ). With all that I have learned about the Sasquatch and their ability to read people, their intentions, basically if they are a "good" person or not, I think the Sasquatch would avoid him like the plague, if he ventured into their neck of the woods.
    Last edited by lift the veil, 18th December 2015 at 13:30.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lift the veil For This Useful Post:

jimmer (18th December 2015), lcam88 (18th December 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by lift the veil View Post
    This is all I am going to say about Trump, using a Sasquatch analogy (of course ). With all that I have learned about the Sasquatch and their ability to read people, their intentions, basically if they are a "good" person or not, I think the Sasquatch would avoid him like the plague, if he ventured into their neck of the woods.
    how could you possibly bring them into this!!!

nephatia for president. (mike as VP?)
    can we do that?
    would that be all right?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to jimmer For This Useful Post:

lift the veil (18th December 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    This weeks news and views from Joseph P Farrell is very interesting

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ykrrnz_sVE

It would seem the powers that be are making a move according the excellent speculations of Dr Farrell.

It is interesting to note that Trump is acting in a way that is synchronous to that larger picture.

Coincidence?

I'm starting to like the Sasquatch way.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lcam88 For This Useful Post:

bsbray (22nd December 2015), Dreamtimer (18th December 2015), jimmer (18th December 2015), sandy (19th December 2015)

(account terminated) United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,648 Times in 2,895 Posts
    "They" are always making some kind of move. It seems like what Farrell is talking about above is a power/influence struggle between a few different factions as Saudi Arabia is "decoupled" from its support of the US dollar via oil. What he says about that becomes even more complicated when we remember that the US military seems to have aided the Yemeni army against the Saudis, is largely stepping back while Russia takes care of ISIS, has moved its aircraft carriers out of the Persian Gulf, and according to Fulford, is the reason why the New York Times suddenly began to take a critical stance in regards to the Federal Reserve a couple months or so back. So even in the US, we don't seem to have cooperation between the bankers and oil cartels, and the US military.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bsbray For This Useful Post:

lcam88 (22nd December 2015), Myst (22nd December 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Indeed.

Within the US there appears to be at least two factions in play on a scene where they are not in agreement about the "New World Order" (or whatever you may be calling it).

Snowden was clearly a participant in one of the factions; you notice that some circles hail his efforts and others are all to eager to seem him prosecuted to the fullest extent that over 200 years of law may offer.

I got the impression that Saudi Arabia is somewhat caught between these two groups, that the end of their prosperous era is somewhat by design. Perhaps as part of the sinking of the "Petro Dollar" as JPF puts it.

To a certain extent, Russia fits in the scene and their rt.com/new site is simply the propaganda arm of the faction that is backing their moves. Their jet being shot down is probably no more or less a play that snowden doing his thing.

As far as overturning the apple cart is part of play, so is Trump. At this point, based on what I know: the media being a horn blown by both sides as part of their specific agenda, manipulations of stock, FED and all other manner of posturing one would expect from two roosters in a hen house.

If only we could choose not to participate in the game being played.

But as long as that option is precariously positioned, it appears that one faction works by maintaining the appearance of authenticity and genuine regard for truth, while the other appeals to any deception that can be backed by a "benefit of the doubt" or plausible deniability backdrop.

Where does Trump fall into that spectrum? What about Hillary?

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lcam88 For This Useful Post:

bsbray (22nd December 2015), sandy (23rd December 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    here's something to wash down your holiday eggnog:

hillary clinton operative and lead ABC political commentator, george stephanopoulos
    attempts to nail donald j. trump's hide to the barn door.

listen to trump flip stephanopoulos on his head.
    no matter how the clinton campaign postures, they're freaked at running against trump.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jimmer For This Useful Post:

Dumpster Diver (24th December 2015), lcam88 (24th December 2015)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 2,620 Posts
    Kabuki dance (From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Kabuki is a term used by American political pundits as a synonym for political posturing.[1] It acquired this derogatory meaning after drawn out peace-time treaty negotiations between the United States and Japan which had extended to 1960, and because Japan, in an effort "to shed its image as a global marauder" sent Kabuki theater tours to the U.S. after World War II to sow the seeds of goodwill. It first appeared in print in 1961 in the Los Angeles Times in an article written by Henry J. Taylor.

In common English usage, a kabuki dance, also kabuki play, is an activity or drama carried out in real life in a predictable or stylized fashion, reminiscent of the Kabuki style of Japanese stage play. It refers to an event that is designed to create the appearance of conflict or of an uncertain outcome, when in fact the actors have worked together to determine the outcome beforehand. For example, Tom Brokaw used the term to describe U.S. Democratic party and U.S. Republican party political conventions, which purport to be competitive contests to nominate presidential candidates, yet in reality the nominees are known well beforehand.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

jimmer (24th December 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    are you saying that this exchange between stephanopoulus and trump was kabuki theatre?
    (as if both parties are play acting with a wink and nod)

if so, wow.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to jimmer For This Useful Post:

Dumpster Diver (24th December 2015)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by jimmer View Post
    are you saying that this exchange between stephanopoulus and trump was kabuki theatre?
    (as if both parties are play acting with a wink and nod)

if so, wow.
    well, yes. Both parties gain in this exchange.

Trump's "crazies" HATE Stephanopolis as he is an old Clinton hand, they see Trump "nailing" Steph in this exchange. Steph, for his part is playing to the liberal folks "nailing" Trump.

BTW, Trump and Hillary are old buddies. Trump contributed a lot of money to her NY Senate campaigns in the past.

kabuki

Retired Member
    Thanks
    the truth can be murky.

yes, trump was chummy with lots of high ranking libs in NEW YORK.

he's a business guy and got along with all of them to succeed, for him, his family and business.

so, you see trump and the libs play acting, covertly working together.

I see something more intricate at play: reality.

then again, to each his / her own.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jimmer For This Useful Post:

Dumpster Diver (24th December 2015), Elen (24th December 2015)

Thanks
    enjoy.

kabuki is fun once you learn how to watch it...AND realize it is kabuki.

The Japanese get it.