Thread: U.S. FDA REQUESTS your Comments....

Retired Member United States
    Thanks

Thumbs Up U.S. FDA REQUESTS your Comments....

Interestingly..., the U.S. Food and Drug Admin(FDA) is requesting comments from the PUBLIC (includes international) regarding what "NATURAL" is/should be defined as for labeling purposes. US products are sold globally I believe.

This request is going on now through mid February, 2016.
    Really? I Think everyone should throw a comment on their(FDA) page if you feel so inclined.

Obviously...they NEED HELP figuring this one out!...Duh
    In the link below just click on the "electronic comments" phrase within the paragraph and this will take you to the comment submission page.

Thanks for your highly valued Opinions in advance!

JoAnn in Ohio

PS.. I posted!
    Please, if you would spread this far and wide....Thanks!

To admins...please feel free to post this wherever you think it may serve its best purpose.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/13/health...ral-food-irpt/

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Windancer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (17th November 2015), Aragorn (16th November 2015), bsbray (16th November 2015), Dreamtimer (16th November 2015), Frances (16th November 2015), lcam88 (16th November 2015), modwiz (16th November 2015), The One (16th November 2015)

(account terminated) United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,648 Times in 2,895 Posts
    I think we need to go outside of the FDA and get the FDA either shut down and replaced or else have everyone fired and only hire those who have no relation to pharmaceutical or food industries. There are proven toxins banned in Europe that still are allowed by the FDA and considered safe, probably because the people making up the regulations used to work for the companies that make the toxins. The cronyism in the FDA is on the "crimes against humanity" level.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bsbray For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (17th November 2015), Greenbarry (17th November 2015), modwiz (16th November 2015), sandy (18th November 2015), The One (16th November 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    I do not need gubmint to protect me from natural things. Big Herb is not much better than Big Pharma. Knowing about your supplier is not as difficult as it sounds. It just requires due diligence and not price shopping when looking for quality. That comes from people with integrity and there are not that many in our world unfortunately. Some knowledge of herbs is recommended before using them also. Health care is something we should have some personal skin in the game to be doing it right. Just being a consumer is not good enough, never has been. Hopefully being used by monied interests will bring this awareness about.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (17th November 2015), bsbray (16th November 2015), sandy (18th November 2015), The One (16th November 2015)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by bsbray View Post
    I think we need to go outside of the FDA and get the FDA either shut down and replaced or else have everyone fired and only hire those who have no relation to pharmaceutical or food industries. There are proven toxins banned in Europe that still are allowed by the FDA and considered safe, probably because the people making up the regulations used to work for the companies that make the toxins. The cronyism in the FDA is on the "crimes against humanity" level.
    I could not agree with you Bsbray any more. I am truly with ya!
    They NEED shut down as well as 80 % of all the other u.s. agencies...

Quote Originally posted by modwiz View Post
    I do not need gubmint to protect me from natural things. Big Herb is not much better than Big Pharma. Knowing about your supplier is not as difficult as it sounds. It just requires due diligence and not price shopping when looking for quality. That comes from people with integrity and there are not that many in our world unfortunately. Some knowledge of herbs is recommended before using them also. Health care is something we should have some personal skin in the game to be doing it right. Just being a consumer is not good enough, never has been. Hopefully being used by monied interests will bring this awareness about.
    Aaaa Yep!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Windancer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (17th November 2015), bsbray (17th November 2015), modwiz (17th November 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Big Herb. That's funny. And tragic.

I want to know that the herbs have been grown, harvested and processed carefully. Hopefully all by the same entity.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

bsbray (17th November 2015)