Thread: Interconnected by Plant Consciousness

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,335 Times in 635 Posts

Interconnected by Plant Consciousness

It is very important that we re-connect with nature. It is vital for our spiritual evolvement. Plants are sacred. They have intelligence and consciousness. This sounds like something from the film 'Avatar' but it is real too on earth.

A look at the recent conferencet Plant Consciousness: Revolutionizing Our Relationship with Plants.

Inge Kuijper, Guest

When I decided to join the Plant Consciousness event in London, I was still enjoying the traveling life in Peru. As I had slowed down to become more sensitive to the subtle life of nature, I was excited about these topics of consciousness, quantum physics, the amazing intelligence of the plant world and teacher plants such as Iboga and Ayahuasca.

Plant Consciousness, set in the beautiful Regents Park (the University Conference Center to be exact) with over 300 people in attendance, opened my mind. Opened to the wide range of sensing, seeing and hearing that exists in plants and trees, the direct influence plants have via chemical compounds in our brain – and therefore our mood and behaviours – and why and how to start listening to what plants, in essence our elders, have to say to us.

Dennis McKenna

Plant Intelligence

Even though I love being in nature, I was never that excited about the plant world. You see, the behaviour of plants is so subtle, that most people, including myself, failed to notice it for a long time. Or more accurately, we have collectively forgotten to notice it. But in fact, plants have intelligence and consciousness. As ethno-pharmacologist Dennis McKenna reminded us, we think a brain or at least a nervous system is necessary to be intelligent. But it is neural networks that are important. Mycelium root networks can be miles in diameter, and those are thinking neural networks.

Pam Montgomery pointed out that plants have a long view, as they have been around 400 to 450 million years, and in fact multiple scientific studies have proven plants have ability for memory. Let me remind you, the modern form of humans only evolved about 200,000 years ago, so if plants have intelligence and memory, they will hold a lot of knowledge for us.

Plants in Relationship to Human Intelligence

We have co-evolved and live interrelated with the plant world, and plants have a direct influence on our moods and behaviours, through our diets. Through photosynthesis an enormous variety of organic molecules is created, from sunlight, water and carbon dioxide, which is amazing in itself. The molecules in our brain that determine our moods and behaviour, such as dopamine and serotonin, are plant compounds.

Read more: http://www.wakingtimes.com/2015/11/1...consciousness/

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to shamanseeker For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (14th November 2015), Aragorn (13th November 2015), Birddog (24th November 2015), Blacklight43 (15th November 2015), bsbray (13th November 2015), Cearna (13th November 2015), citsym (18th November 2015), donk (13th November 2015), Dreamtimer (13th November 2015), Elen (13th November 2015), ERK (14th November 2015), Juniper (13th November 2015), pointessa (13th November 2015), The One (13th November 2015), Windancer (13th November 2015)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    When I learned that plants communicate chemically my mind was blown. They can signal each other regarding things like parasites and disease. We live in symbiosis with plants.

We can learn to communicate with them.

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (14th November 2015), Aragorn (13th November 2015), bsbray (13th November 2015), Cearna (13th November 2015), Elen (13th November 2015), Juniper (13th November 2015), pointessa (13th November 2015), shamanseeker (14th November 2015), The One (13th November 2015), Windancer (13th November 2015)

Thanks
    They also know who is dangerous and can harm them vs who is kind to them and their friend. They also give off beneficial frequencies and these have been recorded. I love my lil buddies and talk to them all the time (probably so as to not look too bad talkin to myself ..LOL)
    I can tell you that they took a hard hit (chemtrail residuals??) being outside this past summer and look like heck, but are coming back as I play healing music for them...seeming to like this!
    When I look for house sitters when I travel away... plants must be in the persons repertoire. If not...I do not choose them....I am vewyvewy sewective!

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Windancer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (14th November 2015), Aragorn (13th November 2015), Birddog (24th November 2015), bsbray (14th November 2015), Cearna (13th November 2015), Dreamtimer (16th November 2015), shamanseeker (14th November 2015), The One (13th November 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,583 Times in 325 Posts
    The teacher plants will clearly show one we are all one. I am grateful to work with them, facilitating the experience for others and so on.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ERK For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (14th November 2015), Aragorn (14th November 2015), Binah (16th November 2015), bsbray (14th November 2015), Dreamtimer (16th November 2015), shamanseeker (14th November 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanks! You are all inspiring me to get closer to plants, though I have been talking to trees for a long time

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to shamanseeker For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (14th November 2015), bsbray (14th November 2015), Cearna (14th November 2015), Dreamtimer (16th November 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,042 Times in 1,040 Posts
    I've been having some conversations with the source Gods of the Trees and the soil, and they are saying to clear around your trees in your backyards so their roots can get some real air, and give them some living soil, that can contain the mitachondria which give the plants the right to live freely and with love from you can return it to you as love but also as the oxygen we are all getting desperate for. As you know, I have some Kahuna background in previous lives and what they do is to eventually become the tree or the plants, this is wanted by them as well. I have been using worm compost for years, but this year for the first time, I have been able to get the worm castings from one of my worm farms, and in using it, I am getting flowers on the clematis, I planted this year, but are not supposed to flower for three years, and the oriental poppies have begun exploding out of the ground, huge numbers of flowers on good long stems, flowers the size of a small dinner plate, everything I have put it on is just amazingly better than I have had before, even with my dogs, running madly chasing one another all through the garden and knocking everything to bit, and the weeds are more than I have been able to keep pace with. The video on the greening of the deserts will help. The Gods will talk to you shamanseeker, you know that, these two simply live to love our world, after all they created the soil on it and the first link to what was needed on it, and these plants were the best opening to love we could ever wish for, as many of us say, there is something out there in the world that can be used for whatever our need, if we just let them do their own thing.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cearna For This Useful Post:

Birddog (24th November 2015), bsbray (14th November 2015), Dreamtimer (16th November 2015), shamanseeker (5th December 2015)

Thanks
    That was beautifully expressed Cearna. Good to hear about the worms.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Birddog (24th November 2015), bsbray (16th November 2015), Cearna (16th November 2015), shamanseeker (16th November 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    That was beautifully expressed Cearna. Good to hear about the worms.
    Thanks Dreamtimer, you have no idea how passionate the God of soil becomes to me about the soil in my own back yard. In my astrology, I have a Grand Trine, that is, I have a Trine to my sun, Ascendant and Saturn with Taurus, Virgo and Capricorn the three earth signs, so all my life I have been a gardener, and have this strange love of having my hands in the soil, you won't see me wearing gloves to handle compost or the soil, I just love to feel it, so he is constantly extrapolating to me the virtues of soil love. He gives my soil healing to get it back to rights, and rolls in it often. do you know, the first child ever born on Earth was born the Baby in Arms, a girl, and the God sources all came at different time to give her things they thought she would have joy in. Earth was first of all only rocks, but The source God soil was the first one to give his gift to her of soil over the top of the rocks, but not just any soil, it was different soil types in different areas to match the inherent rocks e.g. the very red iron rich soil of the Kimberlies in Western Australia. He and the Baby in arms spent a lot of their time rolling around in his soil as it gave them joy to do so. Next a sort of two headed dog arrived, so she has some one to run and play with and all three rolled around in the soil and had fun. The next God to arrive to give her a gift of joy was the God of trees and plants, and these just sprang out of the soil, because all living things are created more or less because as they are supposed to be, so they become. There was no Sun here then and no water, none whatsoever on Earth, so the plants are what are supposed to be, no more, no less, but are not to live in the right harmony, unless love exists to be there for them.

I wrote about each of the Tectonic plates once before on TOT, but these stories were lost, when we had to restart once before. the story I was particularly impressed about was the one about the African Tectonic plate - it crated some controversy at the time, because, that plate is about living with your environment, the moral of the story being that the African people are supposed to be the guardians and carers of the animals and plants of their lands. Our lands respond to how we ourselves are inside our own selves. As we feel about ourselves, then the land about us will wither and die, or flourish or whatever depending on how we ourselves feel and think. I think I noted that what a great many in Africa felt when born was a lack of hope, and this often can become translated into the lack of fertility in the soil, and these people, who had so little found that that gradually the trees were disappearing, and the waters were drying up and they had to keep walking further and further to find each of the precious resources of good clean water, and wood for their fires. They did in the past, forget that as we reap, so must we sow, and did not plant trees to replace the ones they kept using, then the elephants had less to feed on and began tearing even more apart. Eventually a huge cycle becomes ever more of a loop and we end up, with dry and useless land till we put our heart into giving it back again.

The farmers in Oz, came to a land they thought to be rich grazing an d farming land, so they set about clearing the land to make it into farming land, not knowing that our land is o old, we have only very small top soil. Next thing our harsh weather took its toll, and the grasses died,with the use of cloven hoofed animals - they even imported camels here to carry the loads over long distances, and the next thing they new the droughts, and the winds began sending our top soil across the Tasman to New Zealand. It is all connected.

After the plants were there, they needed water and air, so the Source God of Water and the Source God of the Atmosphere and the shies above did their thing, and it just went on, source Gods producing Mountains and streams and rivers and Tundras, all originally because of their love for the first ever created baby. Very little of this probably relates to what the scientist tell us happened, but I like this story better and the Aboriginal dreaming has its own variations but just as lovely.

The mountains of Molokaii spoke to me when I was there, since they knew me from my numerous incarnations there, and they spoke in the 1980's of how we were going into a time when it would become warmer, saying that it was being created by incredibly small particles of metals in the air, from the industrial steel works etc, reflecting the suns rays off in many directions, and this would be followed by increasingly colder conditions unless we began planting enormous numbers of trees as soon as possible. They wanted me to go around the world lecturing to children in schools how they should begin to grow trees in their own neighbourhoods, and in places where there was poverty and lack of jobs getting these people as in south Africa for example, planting their tree and being paid to water and bring them up to a good safe growth. In places like where I live, water can often be rationed so many in Australia have learnt to use permaculture and make no dig gardens and use things like shredded paper as mulch. I use, things like worn out cotton, wool or silk clothing, old woollen sox, paper, old bath towels, as well as whatever compost I can make as the much needed, because I'm a pensioner, and my old bones can't bend too well, so I need to do what I can to somehow keep in the moisture and not give me too much work. Now to me such things make life, love the soil, the plants, the world and your heart can overfill with the best of joy, which I hope to find one day, when I eventually get the huge weeds pulled out, and all will be well with my world again.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cearna For This Useful Post:

Birddog (24th November 2015), bsbray (16th November 2015), Dreamtimer (16th November 2015), Elen (18th November 2015), shamanseeker (16th November 2015), Windancer (17th November 2015)

Thanks
    I too get my hands dirty. But when poison ivy is near I wear gloves. Even the roots can cause rashes. Fortunately I'm not very sensitive. Your stories are beautiful. I love trees and it kills me to see clear cutting.

ERK, I'm glad you mentioned Teacher Plants. I had never heard that term until I watched a video about them.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Birddog (24th November 2015), bsbray (16th November 2015), Cearna (16th November 2015), Elen (18th November 2015), shamanseeker (16th November 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thank you so much, Cearna. What you are writing is as said before incredibly beautiful. We need so much to love the land, our planet, our universe. What you wrote to me sent shivers down my spine. I will print it all and read it again and again till it sinks in completely. This thread has taught me much.

I understand you Dreamtimer! When they cut down trees and 'so-call' prune trees in the most savage way here, in one of the most beautiful places you're likely to see, I suffer so much. This is why I started talking to the trees. I love them so much. I tell these people off and they just look at me as if I'm a mad spinster. I am not spinster-like at all, I might add

Thank you all for your very special thoughts.

Take care my friends. Thanks to you all
    Last edited by shamanseeker, 16th November 2015 at 12:21. Reason: grammar error

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to shamanseeker For This Useful Post:

bsbray (16th November 2015), Cearna (16th November 2015), Dreamtimer (16th November 2015), Elen (18th November 2015), Jengelen (17th November 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,342 Times in 313 Posts
    Yes. We must discuss what we intend with the plants! I discussed the situation with the trees concerned just the other day here actually because I always hate the time when I have to trim back branches from the power lines. Each fall just after the leaves fall and also after having discussed with them when still with leaf the situation each year I let them go off to sleep knowing what is needed. They consent and understand and we nurture each other rather than harm each other in this way.

I have a bamboo plant that my wife planted. It grew quite a bit and was growing out even into the parking space of my trailer and even wiped paint off from the wind moving the branches but eventually we had a heart to heart. I asked first if when the season was over if I could pull some of her up to not hurt but redistribute the parts I take to other parts of the yard.

It was more than willing and I kid you not each piece came up so easy it was beyond belief! The plant heard and helped! Its that simple. It even stopped growing out the way it was once we spoke. I won't have to do that again this year. I has not gone back to the same area again but went the other way. These things happen, not just with plants but with animals too.

When we were living in Fort Defiance I was out at a ranch with a dear friend and the horse in the fence area spooked. They began running wildly in a circle and the circle kept growing out bigger and bigger until those on the outside were forced and then partly dragged through the barbed wire upper portion of the fencing.

As a result one of the unfortunate horses was a beautiful paint/pinto young one. It was not fully mature yet I remember that. Pancho Wrangler was his name. It was a large flap of skin right under its head between the two front legs there you know in the chest area really! We were way out and no vet was ever going to find us, and no one there knew anything but they had kits and I grabbed one.

I stood there and spoke quietly to Pancho informing him both mentally and visually as I spoke of what was needed and that I needed to help him. He heard me, understood and I sewed up that horse out there in the middle of no where with no anesthetic and it stood there like a true gentleman for all three of us. Ownie, the owner of the horse was about to faint several times but he managed and we persisted. After some time it became obvious it was healing fine. I put a drain in and the sutures were quite neat if I do say so myself.

It was nice to suture outside the mouth as I was used to much tighter spaces to work in. Years later when we moved away from there, like then years later I went back to the Navajo and my friends and stayed there again. While there they took me out one day to the same ranch and I was out there and I must confess we were smoking some peace pipe, (ha) but as we were out there enjoying the view of the eagles or vultures we debated which were seeing, that same horse, Pancho came up behind me and nudged me in the back. I turned around and at the same time Ownie said hey, he recognizes you! I saw the scar and tears swelled. It was one of those special and perfect moments in time for me. I never forgot it and it was one of many gifts I was blessed to take with me after having lived among the Navajo and Zuni peoples for a brief moment in time.

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jengelen For This Useful Post:

Birddog (24th November 2015), bsbray (17th November 2015), Cearna (17th November 2015), Dreamtimer (17th November 2015), Elen (18th November 2015), shamanseeker (20th November 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    I can't resist telling this story, that I heard yesterday. The lady who takes me shopping each week has a 90+ year old mother living in what we would call the middle of nowhere, in a man-made plantation of conifers, for future needs of trees. I had a huge clump of agapanthas whose roots were beginning to knock over a very old cement fence between the two properties here, so my neighbour and I began to pull it all out (not an easy task) and my friend took a huge supply of bulbs, to hand around the family, mainly because some of her family live on farms, which have visiting rabbits and 'roos, and they will not eat agapanthas nor Iris. so her mother was given quite a lot of these and she had them planted. Some of her children came to install a watering system in the ground so she would not have to drag around a heavy hose. They wanted to know, why they were putting it in an empty garden, so she said to water these agapanthas, which were no longer there. The question, was what would pull up and eat agapanths, when nothing they knew of would touch them. The answer was a wombat which has been visiting her yard for a few years, because she has no fences, and it becomes a bit of a pest at times, but it's been digging down to get the bulbs and all it left was a row of holes where the plants have been. We have roos and rabbits, visit to eat my front garden plants as well, but they are mainly Iris, so they manage to survive. so ...... you never know what creatures are loving our plants as well. Mind you our back yard has a number of the little people, who live with me, mainly gnomes, elves etc. who mind my back yard for me, against small demon life. They came with us, when we moved. They multiply pretty well, so goodness know how many are there now.

Loved your story Jengelen

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cearna For This Useful Post:

Birddog (24th November 2015), bsbray (18th November 2015), Elen (18th November 2015), Jengelen (18th November 2015), shamanseeker (20th November 2015)