Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Does the Bock Saga lead on to The Lord Of The Rings?

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Novusod, that was when I was younger and I did revisit it. Thank you for the video. I look forward to watching it.

Joanne, my aforementioned friend would have a field day talking with you about this.

Ironically, my parents both encouraged me to read the Hobbit and the Trilogy. When the movies came out my dad went to see them and didn't like them. He said they were too violent and all everyone did was fight. I said I thought he'd read the books. He said he never had. My parents were both such avid readers, it was kind of weird.
    ...to the topTop

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (24th November 2015), Aragorn (24th November 2015), Elen (23rd November 2015), Joanna (23rd November 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,690 Times in 607 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    Novusod, that was when I was younger and I did revisit it. Thank you for the video. I look forward to watching it.

Joanne, my aforementioned friend would have a field day talking with you about this.

Ironically, my parents both encouraged me to read the Hobbit and the Trilogy. When the movies came out my dad went to see them and didn't like them. He said they were too violent and all everyone did was fight. I said I thought he'd read the books. He said he never had. My parents were both such avid readers, it was kind of weird.
    Haha, well if there'd been LOTR forums back in the late 1970s-80s when I was really into all things Middle Earth, I would have been on them!

The movies were beautiful but heavy on battle-scenes compared to reading the books, imo. I would have preferred to see the Old Forest and the Withywindle in there, Tom Bombadil and Goldberry, the Barrow-downs, Faramir as he was in the book (the one human untempted by the Ring). But they did add some beautiful things into the movies, and it was good to see so much Elvish in there.
    ...to the topTop

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Joanna For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (24th November 2015), Aragorn (24th November 2015), Dreamtimer (23rd November 2015), Elen (23rd November 2015), modwiz (23rd November 2015), reno (24th November 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Very interesting! Though I have to say, I watch the first video of the bock saga and I couldn't get into it... It sounds much like the stories of the aboriginal people in the way it's told. I guess it doesn't sit well with my scientific mind.

My gut tells me those people were possibly closer to the like of the Lemurians, being closer to nature than the atlanteans, if we are to believe what has been written about them.

I'm currently reading a book by Laurence Gardner, called "Realm of the Ring Lords : Beyond the portal of the twilight world"... which goes into much the same information. Interestingly enough, Laurence also places much of Atlantis within the european continent and beyond. Upon doing some research on him, I found out that Laurence was also killed in 2010, quite possibly because of the research he was doing.

I'd have to say I believe we're closer to finding out our true history than we have ever been before, at least in this epoch.
    ...to the topTop

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to jcocks For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (24th November 2015), Aragorn (24th November 2015), Dreamtimer (23rd November 2015), Elen (23rd November 2015), Jengelen (26th November 2015), Joanna (23rd November 2015), Lansing (23rd November 2015), modwiz (23rd November 2015)

Thanks
    Jcocks, I sure hope you're right. More power to the people bringing our origins and history to light!

I've been coming across ring references night and day. Enough for the synchronicity thread.
    ...to the topTop

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (24th November 2015), Aragorn (24th November 2015), Joanna (24th November 2015), modwiz (23rd November 2015)

Thanks
    Modwiz, as Elrond said, "Men are weak."

Let us leave the quest for power behind and embrace each other and the life and light we have in brother/sisterhood and respect.

This is very difficult for some...
    ...to the topTop

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (24th November 2015), Aragorn (24th November 2015), Elen (23rd November 2015), Joanna (24th November 2015), modwiz (23rd November 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    Dreamtimer, For some reason the forum will not let me reply to your post in typical fashion. Not sure why you speak to me thus. My form of respect is to speak to adults as adults and not the emotional children they might be. Men are weak because they seek power over things rather than themselves. When Jesus said to "Judge not, lest ye be judged" he was speaking to the hypocritical Pharisees. I believe in ascertaining where a person stands and do judge them because I invite them to do the same to me. Being real with each other might assist people in growing. Or else, they can go off and sulk.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous
    ...to the topTop

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (24th November 2015), Elen (23rd November 2015), Joanna (26th November 2015)

Thanks
    Modwiz, I wasn't implying that you don't respect people. I was actually referring to your comment about the destruction of Numenor because "men broke agreements and understanding". I failed to quote you, apologies.

I believe Elrond was not making particular reference to gender. In Tolkien's day it was a 'man's world'.

I've read your own definitions of what wisdom is (that you posted) and I've watched how you demonstrate it.
    ...to the topTop

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (24th November 2015), Aragorn (24th November 2015), Elen (24th November 2015), Joanna (24th November 2015), modwiz (23rd November 2015)

Thanks
    Modwiz, I wasn't implying that you don't respect people. I was actually referring to your comment about the destruction of Numenor because "men broke agreements and understanding". I failed to quote you, apologies.

I believe Elrond was not making particular reference to gender. In Tolkien's day it was a 'man's world'.

I've read your own definitions of what wisdom is (that you posted) and I've watched how you demonstrate it.
    Ah. Might need a blush smiley.Thank you for the clarification. The mods at ToT are some of the best posters. Glad you lot are here.
    Last edited by modwiz, 23rd November 2015 at 20:40.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

...to the topTop

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (24th November 2015), Aragorn (24th November 2015), Dreamtimer (23rd November 2015), Elen (24th November 2015), Joanna (24th November 2015), Lansing (23rd November 2015)

Thanks
    Thanks. I appreciate that, Modwiz. I'm anxious to get back to a computer so I can post fully. The phone has limits.
    ...to the topTop

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (24th November 2015), Aragorn (24th November 2015), Elen (24th November 2015), Joanna (24th November 2015), modwiz (23rd November 2015)

Thanks
    Thanks. I appreciate that, Modwiz. I'm anxious to get back to a computer so I can post fully. The phone has limits.
    You're welcome, and I say it with all sincerity. You all bring good minds and balanced emotions to the mix. It isn't that we always agree and that works. A healthy dialogue is always had and consistently good content comes from you people. Aragorn has been a great Administrator too. I am very pleased with all of you. For what my opinion is worth.
    Last edited by modwiz, 23rd November 2015 at 20:53.

...to the topTop

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (24th November 2015), Aragorn (24th November 2015), Dreamtimer (24th November 2015), Elen (24th November 2015), Joanna (24th November 2015)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Joanna View Post
    Haha, well if there'd been LOTR forums back in the late 1970s-80s when I was really into all things Middle Earth, I would have been on them!

The movies were beautiful but heavy on battle-scenes compared to reading the books, imo. I would have preferred to see the Old Forest and the Withywindle in there, Tom Bombadil and Goldberry, the Barrow-downs, Faramir as he was in the book (the one human untempted by the Ring). But they did add some beautiful things into the movies, and it was good to see so much Elvish in there.
    I agree about the movies, Joanna, and it is why I enjoyed the extended versions. They had story content and expansion, the kind of things thoughtful people enjoy. As much of a fan of Tolkien's work that Jackson is, he is a movie maker first. I accept that about him and content myself with the vision of Middle Earth he gave us. The actors he chose all gave great performances and his direction was part of that.

...to the topTop

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (24th November 2015), Aragorn (24th November 2015), Elen (24th November 2015), Joanna (24th November 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by modwiz View Post
    I agree about the movies, Joanna, and it is why I enjoyed the extended versions. They had story content and expansion, the kind of things thoughtful people enjoy. As much of a fan of Tolkien's work that Jackson is, he is a movie maker first. I accept that about him and content myself with the vision of Middle Earth he gave us. The actors he chose all gave great performances and his direction was part of that.
    You're right, modwiz, he approached the books as a moviemaker, and the 'adds' not from the books make for filmic/dramatic pace etc. I also enjoyed the extended versions - and was glad to see the additions in the extended Hobbit movies too, such as the symbolic, pivotal moment of the white stag in Mirkwood. The actors were all marvellous, and the designers - much loving attention to detail went into those films. People get so passionate about Middle Earth - it has such a strong 'internal reality' that relies not on the story itself, but on the cultures, landscapes, and underpinning 'mythic history' that seeps through, constantly...
    ...to the topTop

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Joanna For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (24th November 2015), Aragorn (24th November 2015), Elen (24th November 2015), modwiz (24th November 2015), reno (24th November 2015)

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,318 Times in 5,067 Posts
    Yes, LOTR has taken on a life of it’s own. Why it so compelling must be the fact that it’s based on our history, cleverly hidden in “fiction”. It wets our appetite for mystery and a longing for our true nature, which I am convinced, is good.

Thank you modwiz for your kind word about the mod team, it’s all based on respect for each other. Aragorn is the best that could have happened to TOT. Wish him well, as he is ill at the moment.

Elen
    ...to the topTop

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (24th November 2015), Aragorn (24th November 2015), Joanna (24th November 2015), modwiz (24th November 2015), Novusod (24th November 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Elen View Post
    Yes, LOTR has taken on a life of it’s own. Why it so compelling must be the fact that it’s based on our history, cleverly hidden in “fiction”. It wets our appetite for mystery and a longing for our true nature, which I am convinced, is good.

Thank you modwiz for your kind word about the mod team, it’s all based on respect for each other. Aragorn is the best that could have happened to TOT. Wish him well, as he is ill at the moment.

Elen
    I am sure our true nature is good too, Elen, of pure Love.

Sending love to Aragorn now, hope he feels much better soon.

...to the topTop

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Joanna For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (24th November 2015), Aragorn (24th November 2015), bsbray (24th November 2015), Elen (24th November 2015), Maggie (25th November 2015), modwiz (24th November 2015), Novusod (24th November 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,661 Times in 1,264 Posts
    There are other old sources of lore. The Oera Linda Book is one. It is purported to range over 4000 years and explains an ancient matriarchal culture that was decimated. It describes a Fryan/ Frisian history.

Frisia or Friesland[1] is a coastal region along the southeastern corner of the North Sea in what today is mostly a large part of the Netherlands, including modern Friesland, and smaller parts of Germany. Frisia is the traditional homeland of the Frisians, a Germanic people who speak Frisian, a language group closely related to the English language.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frisia
    Interesting in terms of the Rot language also being "like" our modern English.

A 1941 Dutch film about Immortal Symbols....

Source: https://youtu.be/boeWSFCuY24">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=https://youtu.be/boeWSFCuY24

A few more Oera Linda videos after this one for those interested....

Source: https://youtu.be/SNpWMbOsDwU">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=https://youtu.be/SNpWMbOsDwU

also note the longer video in this post.

Root language and esoteric numerology

There was said to be a Fryan Federation (sounds like the same thing as the Survivors??)

The Oera Linda book comments in youtube led me to a book that looks interesting? IMO the different leads re all pointing to the remnant versions of "Chronicles from pre-Celtic Europe: (Survivors of the Great Tsunami)".

The book examines an ancient manuscript discovered in the Netherlands in 1867. The manuscript was subsequently declared a fraud by Dutch linguists and parroted by historians. By now comparing this manuscript with numerous authors from antiquity, as well as testing the claims made in it against modern sciences such as archaeology, paleoclimatolgy, genetics, linguistics, oceanography and many more, the manuscript was found to be true in every instance. These modern discoveries were yet to be made in the 19th century when the manuscript first came into the public domain. Europe’s "Rosetta Stone" had been found.

The reader is taken on a journey to examine the memoirs and reports of men and women from Western Europe who suffered the biggest catastrophe in the recorded history of mankind; the catastrophe that killed millions and became known as "The Deluge" or "Noah’s Flood" . The manuscript reflects the sagas and adventures of these people as they led other survivors of the disaster from all over the world out of the Stone- and Bronze Ages into the Iron Age.

The pioneers from Europe’s western seaboard founded the ancient civilizations from Greece to Persia. They introduced the world to carbonized steel, chariot warfare, cavalry charges astronomy and mathematics. They gave man the "Greek alphabet", "Indo-Arabian numerals", democracy, free enterprise and monotheism. Four thousand years ago they even tried their hand at arms control and nature conservation.

The author provides maps and satellite images as proof of the existence of this forgotten civilization whose extent was greater than that of the European Union. The reader is also presented with ancient maps and irrefutable photographic evidence of an inhabited land the size of Britain which now lies more than 1000 meters below the cold waters of the North Atlantic.

The startling but well substantiated disclosures in "Survivors of the Great Tsunami" suggest that hereto accepted European, Asian and World history had been severely compromised in the past. For too long have historians, linguists, geneticists and others denied the pivotal role that Western Europe had played in early world history. Their legacy is incalculable. It is time they get their due recognition or, as Homer put it, "their due meed of glory"......

It happened on the night of Wednesday, 21 October 2193 BC. The Burckle asteroid, one of many, struck the Indian Ocean 1500 kilometers south-east of Madagascar with the force of several million nuclear warheads. Planet earth shuddered and tilted on her axis. Tectonic plates shook and rocked violently on the planet’s built-in shock absorber - the underlying magma. Around the globe volcanoes erupted. Tsunamis from the impact and from thousands of earthquakes sped around the earth in a frenzy of destruction as earth adjusted to her new rotation axis. Trillions of tons of sea water and superheated steam were flung into the stratosphere. The wall of water from the impact towered hundreds of meters above the ocean as it raced towards land.

On the East Coast of China it was already mid-morning and in India dawn was breaking. From Europe to the Middle East people were blissfully asleep. First came the violent tremors followed by the air blast and the unimaginable mountains of water. Cities, towns and forests were crushed and swept away in an instant. Obliterated. Millions died. In the darkness they could not see it coming. They never knew what hit them.

In China the Hongsan Culture came to an end. In Egypt the Old Kingdom, the builders of the great pyramids, was destroyed. The Indus Valley Civilization in Pakistan and India was wiped out and in the Middle East the Empire of Akkad ceased to exist. Man came to the brink of extinction. All that remained were the myths, folklore and legends. More than four thousand years later archaeologists would discover their relics in the sand.

On wrangle Island in the Arctic Ocean the last Mammoths died out and in Europe the most advanced civilization on the face of the earth seemingly disappeared without a trace. Seemingly…

This is their story – incredible but true.

"The first law for the historian is that he shall never dare utter an untruth. The second is that he shall suppress nothing that is true. Moreover, there shall be no suspicion of partiality in his writing, or of malice."

Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC) –De Oratore II, 62.
    Last edited by Maggie, 25th November 2015 at 19:39.
    ...to the topTop

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Elen (29th November 2015), Jengelen (26th November 2015), Joanna (26th November 2015), modwiz (25th November 2015), Novusod (25th November 2015)