Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sam Hunter's exploratory thread regarding the validity of fantastical projections

Senior Member United States Chester's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,591 Times in 1,349 Posts

Sam Hunter's exploratory thread regarding the validity of fantastical projections

Hi, I unfortunately totally derailed a thread and had to start this so that my posts can be moved here.

Apologies... I got excited by posts of others and have some thoughts I wanted to share based on those posts.
    All the above is all and only my opinion. It may contain some sharing of components of my current operating strategy and some foundational components of my current world view - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

It's just a ride

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGD...vgBsCHmlC13jOg

https://www.facebook.com/samhunter57

http://merlynagain.blogspot.com/

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (12th November 2015), Aragorn (11th November 2015), bsbray (12th November 2015), Elen (11th November 2015), Joanna (12th November 2015)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    It was appreciated. Are you still blogging?

If you believe you're Jesus, and you're a narcissist, you won't care about hurting someone vulnerable.

If you do care then you'd probably be very careful who and how you tell.

I've come across a couple instances of someone claiming to be or know the reincarnated messiah. And I'm not even looking.

I believe there is an individuated aspect of you that continues. It makes sense that the all-that-is would want to keep each thread of the tapestry going.
    Last edited by Dreamtimer, 11th November 2015 at 16:28.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (12th November 2015), Aragorn (11th November 2015), Birddog (24th November 2015), bsbray (12th November 2015), Elen (11th November 2015), Joanna (12th November 2015)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    It was appreciated. Are you still blogging?
    Hi - I removed my blog post of the allegorical story in hopes that others involved in what that story was based upon would see I am honoring requests made by a few of them. Sadly, my own request has not been but that doesn't surprise me. Anyways, I will be coming up with a series of blog posts soon as long as I get a green light from one important participant in the story.
    All the above is all and only my opinion. It may contain some sharing of components of my current operating strategy and some foundational components of my current world view - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

It's just a ride

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (12th November 2015), Aragorn (11th November 2015), bsbray (12th November 2015), Dreamtimer (11th November 2015), Elen (11th November 2015), ERK (11th November 2015), Joanna (12th November 2015), lcam88 (11th November 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,244 Times in 922 Posts
    I'll follow Sam. Link?

EDIT

Never-mind, sometimes I am blind.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lcam88 For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (12th November 2015), Aragorn (11th November 2015), bsbray (12th November 2015), Chester (11th November 2015), Joanna (12th November 2015)

Thanks
    lcam88, It's in Sam's signature line. Merlyn again.

Sam, I read the story. Thanks for writing it. Stay up on the high ground. I hope the person gives you the green light.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (12th November 2015), Aragorn (11th November 2015), bsbray (12th November 2015), Chester (11th November 2015), ERK (11th November 2015), Joanna (12th November 2015), lcam88 (11th November 2015)

Thanks
    I was conversing with a friend and we touched on those who appear to believe deeply in their stories -

[1:24:25 PM] Sam Hunter: and understand almost everyone I know from these forums fits somewhere in that place - and the difference NOW between me and them and you and them is... we are aware of the possibility it may really be self-created woo woo.

[1:24:44 PM] Sam Hunter: its not that we haven't had our own share of truly anomalous experiences
    [1:24:58 PM] Sam Hunter: the difference is our interpretations and conclusions

[1:25:01 PM] Anonymous Conversant: yes

[1:25:32 PM] Sam Hunter: especially with regards to suggesting paradigms to be true for a group of others or all others simply based on our own experiences and our interpretations of those experiences
    [1:26:30 PM] Sam Hunter: the leap people seem to take reveals an underlying... view or set of views that are no different than what are found in religions and things like Scientology or "Ascended master" Theosophy and New Age think as examples

[1:26:41 PM] Anonymous Conversant: I believe that life is like a lens - when you focus on something you will draw in that to which you set your focus on - interpretation of that is another story

[1:26:49 PM] Sam Hunter: YES!!
    [1:27:22 PM] Sam Hunter: what we seem to give attention to reacts with the essence of the collective combined with the essence of our own individuated being

[1:27:35 PM] Anonymous Conversant: yes

[1:27:49 PM] Sam Hunter: thus anyone’s interpretations of any of these things must include a degree of subjectivity

[1:28:04 PM] Anonymous Conversant: totally

[1:28:39 PM] Sam Hunter: thus to impose the paradigms the at-least-partially-subjectively derived perceptions may suggest to them is to usurp another's free will and exploration of wonderment.
    [1:29:36 PM] Sam Hunter: so it is so, so, so important as to how we share our experiences and how we then express the conclusions or opinions we draw from them
    [1:29:49 PM] Sam Hunter: the way we word it is usually where the imposition can come in
    [1:30:12 PM] Sam Hunter: words can imply subtly that what we are saying better be accepted by others or these others are dummies. The vulnerable feel that pressure though likely they do not usually recognize this consciously.

[1:30:23 PM] Anonymous Conversant: right

[1:30:53 PM] Sam Hunter: this is what almost everyone does (and I myself have done but now have identified and made a conscious effort to avoid doing this and still I see sometimes I do it!)

[1:31:07 PM] Anonymous Conversant: yes

It's just a ride

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (12th November 2015), Aragorn (11th November 2015), bsbray (12th November 2015), Joanna (12th November 2015), lcam88 (12th November 2015), Omnisense (12th November 2015)

Thanks
    If it is true the observer plays a roll in how the observed manifests, then it is likely (to me at least) that if we have a deep desire to be important, we will manifest the very dreams, visions, synchronicities and eventually simple imaginings which we then may erroneously interpret in ways that feed that need to feel we are important.

This suggests an artificial creation of self importance which likely then suppresses one's real importance which is likely found in the fact that each of us are part of the whole (my own view, my own opinion) and thus inherently important. In addition, each of us appears unique (again my opinion only) and thus if each of us is unique and each of us are intrinsic to the makeup of the whole, how important we are is only a debate held by one's ego and the ego is restricted all and only to the mind of one lifetime or at best one's individuated essence if such a thing continues. If this is the case... then I can definitely agree that there is indeed a purpose to life - that being one and only one thing which applies universally - and that purpose is...

to live!

hahaha see how I ended this with an imposition of my view as an example?

Yet this is my view but I apply this view as true today, true only to myself and maybe I will change my mind tomorrow.

The obvious conundrum is - no one knows! Unless perhaps someone knows this. Didn't Socrates beat me to that one? Is that my ego wondering? yep
    Last edited by Chester, 11th November 2015 at 18:55.

It's just a ride

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (12th November 2015), Aragorn (11th November 2015), bsbray (12th November 2015), Joanna (12th November 2015), lcam88 (12th November 2015)

Thanks
    I find myself living on a planet.

I notice there are over 7 billion folks like me also living here.

I discovered via my experience that many folks effect the reality experience of many other folks and I term this dynamic - entanglement.

We do not just effect each other through what we do, we also effect each other through what we write and speak. Yes, our words effect each other.

In a particular instance of this type of experience one could look at someone's words and make a reasonable case that those words started a problem. It seems my response to a few posts in another thread has either started a problem or at least thrown additional gas on the fire. The honest truth is that I read one post and responded to that post not having read any other post in that thread.

Then I read a few other posts and responded to those as well despite never having read the thread title and thus never even considering that the thread may have a focus which my posts didn't align with. I apologized for that thread derailing and asked posts be moved to this thread. I was informed there would be issues with that action which appeared (to me) would make things worse. It was also pointed out to me that threads naturally drift as conversations develop.

Yet I awake this morning to alerts of controversy and realize I played a role.

So I ask a question now.

Do we, on a planet of 7 billion people, sit back and keep our thoughts to ourselves when we feel the words of others could play into a dynamic many have come to experience and thus determine could be harmful to others? Do we keep our own mouths shut? Or... better asked, am I expected to keep my mouth shut? Or refrain from writing my own words which might make enough sense to others that perhaps one who might fall down the rabbit hole might instead sidestep that rabbit hole?

A forum seems to me to be a place where we can discuss matters. If someone declares the Earth is flat and I have not just an opinion, but evidence that it is round - just because my view might be perceived by the flat Earthers as some sort of attack... does that make it so? Why can my thoughts (backed by experience which is a form of testimony) be blocked or rejected or attacked and that be right yet what I was perceived to have done is wrong?

Why can it not be seen as possibly a more accurate truth that may lead to the actual truth if only a fair exchange of ideas can be had civilly on a medium which at least in part is meant for this very function?

I just don't get it. I can handle healthy exchange. Come on over to my thread and let's discuss reincarnation. What you might find is that I happen to be wide open to the possibility and actually like the concept and hope that we all may have the opportunities life beyond the death of the body provide no matter how that manifests.

At the same time, just because something like reincarnation may exits does not now solve the mystery of who is the real Mary Queen of Scotts. Yet also I find it difficult to choose who is the real Mary Queen of Scotts as there are thousands of folks who claim to be. What makes far more sense is the possibility that folks have discovered an affinity with the stories and legends surrounding Mary Queen of Scotts which have excited the archetypes that reside in the deeper aspects of their consciousness. Through this dynamic, they create the visions, dreams, synchronicities and imaginings which they then interpret as validations of their theory. This also provides ordinary people (like most of us... certainly like myself) to role play in a way that assist them in feeling important, special, a "world changer" just waiting to be rediscovered and recognized.

I say all the above because this is precisely what I experienced and which fortunately emerged from with the healthier (for all) view I expressed in the last paragraph.
    Last edited by Chester, 12th November 2015 at 14:11.

It's just a ride

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Useful Post:

bsbray (12th November 2015), ERK (12th November 2015), lcam88 (12th November 2015)

Thanks
    Another thought... what if there were challenges to Corey far sooner than the ones he finally received? What if three years ago on Avalon his posts, which hinted at what he would become, were challenged? I could ask this about others too who made their presence known and then later emerged as distractions disguised as alt media stars and who we can look back on in hindsight and see - wow... look at the monster they have become?

Perhaps we may have spent our time focused on folks (and the information they provide) like this excellent interview brought to us by this very forum.

I can speak for myself... there is a part of me (a dark aspect of my being in this one life) that is attracted to calling out what I think is actions which I have come to believe may be harmful to others (as well as the one generating these actions). And this usually flares up drama. Yes... drama.

Yet, it is my understanding that the difference between a child and an adult is measured by how one handles matters such as discussions where two or more folks have divergent views. This is all I hope to achieve here on the forums I read, belong to and post.... healthy discussions that, at the end of the lovely day, help us see better what may be not just our own truth - but THE truth.
    Last edited by Chester, 12th November 2015 at 14:28.

It's just a ride

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Useful Post:

bsbray (12th November 2015), Dreamtimer (12th November 2015), ERK (12th November 2015), lcam88 (12th November 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,244 Times in 922 Posts
    It would seem you are gifted Sam. You polarize people in your "entangling" effect. A term "charisma" is thrown around when such gifted individuals stimulate positive responses.

Indeed there is a very fine balance required; you must send a message that has enough energy to be received, [ir]rationalized and provoke some "meaningful" response.

If you find you are getting negative responses perhaps one option is to ponder whether your message helps build the little fire a group is huddled about, or whether it appears to extinguish those flames, perhaps provoking a response with protective meanings.

People are idiots. Sometimes it is difficult to see or understand new things and so, maybe, its better to just let them keep looking at what they think they see. But, I'm not charismatic, you see.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lcam88 For This Useful Post:

bsbray (12th November 2015), Chester (12th November 2015), Dreamtimer (12th November 2015), ERK (12th November 2015)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by lcam88 View Post
    It would seem you are gifted Sam. You polarize people in your "entangling" effect. A term "charisma" is thrown around when such gifted individuals stimulate positive responses.

Indeed there is a very fine balance required; you must send a message that has enough energy to be received, [ir]rationalized and provoke some "meaningful" response.

If you find you are getting negative responses perhaps one option is to ponder whether your message helps build the little fire a group is huddled about, or whether it appears to extinguish those flames, perhaps provoking a response with protective meanings.

People are idiots. Sometimes it is difficult to see or understand new things and so, maybe, its better to just let them keep looking at what they think they see. But, I'm not charismatic, you see.
    I received both responses. Behind the scenes my posts were appreciated. I just happen to have motivations and abilities to post what sometimes might be taken controversially by a single individual and/or a small group.

I ask this - is it the one who might polarize the one who claims the Earth is indeed actually flat and makes videos about this and writes blogs and sells books all about this or is it the ones who challenge these claims? Or... is it both?

Should we all stop "talking"? (posting?) If you do, guess what then you are labeled as - "passive aggressive."

See how it goes? This is life. People speak and then people respond. Even ignoring the conversation is a statement.
    Last edited by Chester, 12th November 2015 at 14:37.

It's just a ride

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Useful Post:

bsbray (12th November 2015), Dreamtimer (12th November 2015), lcam88 (12th November 2015)

Thanks
    lcam88, you may not be charismatic but you are funny. People could be smarter if they were raised better.

Sometimes I do just let people see what they want. And then I watch circumstances teach them a lesson (or try).

When they refuse to learn then they really are stupid.

Emotions can also make people stupid. Egos are easily bruised and people don't want to be wrong.

The ego is part of survival and motivation. We need to be raised so that we control it rather than the reverse.

Part of our general stupidity is our emotional immaturity. We can't listen and work together because we need to be 'right'.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

bsbray (12th November 2015), Chester (12th November 2015), ERK (12th November 2015)

Thanks
    Let's go further Icam88...

Let's discuss the possibility I raised regarding the feeding of the archetypes and how the waking state individuated egoic mind interacts with the dynamic of the whole being to bring forth via interactive relationship the "individuated being" seems to have with what appears to the waking state individuated egoic mind to be an external reality whereby that reality is excited and thus returns reflections that so many folks interpret these reflections as validations of the theory of their individuated egoic mind.

Its my opinion that if folks can recognize this dynamic and this reaction, some who are so emotionally attached to their theories may instead become less attached and that would result in a better understanding of how the reality works and a better understanding of who and what we actually are and what we can actually do at the level of the individuated being.

I will again speak from experience - I can now talk freely and without polarity to others who believe they are the reincarnation of Horus as I now have a deeper understanding (of course this is all and only my theory though Jung and others who have garnered respect from an informed community) of how another can actually come to that belief. Yet simultaneously I can also be prepared to take a different route if that individual goes to the next level where followers become enchanted and then the next thing you know, there's a major distraction machine... call it ScamTV selling false hope.

It's just a ride

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Useful Post:

bsbray (12th November 2015), Dreamtimer (12th November 2015), ERK (12th November 2015), lcam88 (12th November 2015)

Thanks
    Snake oil salesmen would always find someone willing to buy their wares. Towns and folk would warn each other and maybe he wouldn't be allowed in town to take advantage of people. They weren't stupid. Just lacking in experience and knowledge. A good salesman can close the deal. The buyer may never be able to know all the facts.

Communities would have wise men/women and leaders to help protect them.

I'm the modern world we have to be our own wise ones, our own keepers. And we can help each other with relationships of trust. The ego is always there ready to take attention and call the shots.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

bsbray (12th November 2015), Chester (12th November 2015), Elen (12th November 2015), ERK (12th November 2015), lcam88 (12th November 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,583 Times in 325 Posts
    My ego gets caught up engaging in the tales~ period. I have gone against my personal word of not feeding the monster. Ok, time to take my own advice. It's all ego.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ERK For This Useful Post:

bsbray (12th November 2015), Chester (12th November 2015), Dreamtimer (12th November 2015), lcam88 (12th November 2015)