Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: Sam Hunter's exploratory thread regarding the validity of fantastical projections

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,244 Times in 922 Posts
    Nice posting Sam,

A message <deleted/>, a declaration that it appears to say that I don't actually read you postings and a defense of materials you found useful, the Tim Freke vid.

That sums up the ideas posted.

I thought it was pretty clear that my view on Tim was not really a broad "for all" statement (the verbatum was even rather conversational), rather my particular frustrated experience listening to the inarticulate monotone. In fact I can't imagine how someone could suggest that I was commenting on the content being delivered, rather, it seems clear to me I mostly about the delivery method. Maybe there where too many big word. <shrug/>

I will say, perhaps I do have some difficulty understanding some of the things you write. And while that is a possibility, I often find that I'm in general agreement with your views. They are moderate, down to earth, well thought out and for the most part well articulated, although maybe you were tired when you made the previous post.

EDIT

I think I completely misinterpreted the first two paragraphs of you prior posting. Pardon me. Cause for thought. I think I understand your posting better now. I certainly agree with the last part quoted below:

If I write words that are serious and covering perhaps the most important subjects discussed in a publicly accessed forum, perhaps I should put a great deal of care into how I phrase things?
    Maybe it's time to take on a rule or two... :/ I'll sleep on it. Thanks you all for the extra time to come revisit this.
    Last edited by lcam88, 7th December 2015 at 22:10. Reason: oops

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lcam88 For This Useful Post:

bsbray (8th December 2015), Chester (7th December 2015), Joanna (8th December 2015)

Senior Member United States Chester's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,591 Times in 1,349 Posts
    Hi Icam88. I read both the original post and the edit. I appreciated the original as there were honest feelings coming through. The second (the edit) is good too. Perhaps there's no "rightest" view of anything. Perhaps the things I call "lessons learned" and the silly rules I make for myself in relation to my thoughts, words and deeds are silly too. I am just living life like you are.

We are all just sharing opinions, yes?

One good thing about this thread is that I only see one former member in the list of those who have looked at this thread.
    All the above is all and only my opinion. It may contain some sharing of components of my current operating strategy and some foundational components of my current world view - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

It's just a ride

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGD...vgBsCHmlC13jOg

https://www.facebook.com/samhunter57

http://merlynagain.blogspot.com/

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Useful Post:

bsbray (8th December 2015), Joanna (8th December 2015)

(account terminated) United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,648 Times in 2,895 Posts
    I was riding into town tonight and can you guess what they brought up on the radio? That 'profound BS' paper.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bsbray For This Useful Post:

Chester (10th December 2015), Dreamtimer (8th December 2015), Joanna (8th December 2015), lcam88 (8th December 2015)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Bsbray, are you BSing? Unbelievable.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

bsbray (8th December 2015), Chester (10th December 2015), Joanna (8th December 2015)

Thanks
    Nope, not today.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bsbray For This Useful Post:

Chester (10th December 2015), Dreamtimer (8th December 2015), Joanna (8th December 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,244 Times in 922 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Sam Hunter View Post
    Hi Icam88. I read both the original post and the edit. I appreciated the original as there were honest feelings coming through. The second (the edit) is good too. Perhaps there's no "rightest" view of anything. Perhaps the things I call "lessons learned" and the silly rules I make for myself in relation to my thoughts, words and deeds are silly too. I am just living life like you are.

We are all just sharing opinions, yes?

One good thing about this thread is that I only see one former member in the list of those who have looked at this thread.
    Sam:

Thanks for the reply and the complement. Likewise, if I where to find your posts insincere they probably wouldn't be interesting to reply to.

There is that "margin of interpretation" perhaps as part of an introduction of "tone" that mostly absent from written materials. I think I introduced more into it than I later liked.

Rightness views, once you put aside posturing and inflection (like what we've had here with my change of tone) are subjective as in as per each individual, as you say.

Quote Originally posted by Sam Hunter
    Perhaps the things I call "lessons learned" and the silly rules I make for myself in relation to my thoughts, words and deeds are silly too.
    And perhaps not. But is that suggestion you are making?

I will say that when you can find silliness in "handle-less baggage" that we tend to accumulate, we can be sure we have grown.

Only, opinions and views only, indeed.

bsbray:

Where any new idea worth considering brought up listening to that radio presentation? I really liked the way you resumed that issue.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lcam88 For This Useful Post:

bsbray (8th December 2015), Chester (10th December 2015), Joanna (9th December 2015)

Thanks
    No, lcamm. It was one of those short soundbite-type comments made between songs being played, and the guy talking about it seemed to have taken its conclusions for granted already.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bsbray For This Useful Post:

Chester (10th December 2015), Joanna (9th December 2015), lcam88 (9th December 2015)