Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Sam Hunter's exploratory thread regarding the validity of fantastical projections

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,215 Times in 266 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by ERK View Post
    As a former yoga monk turned skeptic, I confess
    I used to believe in reincarnation– in that past life."url]http://skepticmeditations.com/tag/reincarnation/[/url]
    Love It!

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Greenbarry For This Useful Post:

Birddog (24th November 2015), bsbray (13th November 2015), Chester (13th November 2015), ERK (13th November 2015), lcam88 (13th November 2015)

Senior Member United States Chester's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,591 Times in 1,349 Posts
    I can only respond, Icam88, is that any reader can perceive whatever they desire from my words.

I say this because in one part of your last post (addressing a comment of my own) you seem to have not read what I wrote at all whatsoever as the very point you were making (as if I was missing something) was the very point I made. I find when this happens, there is something deeper in the mix. perhaps in this case there is... or perhaps not.

A reader of my posts can even conclude things that I had not intended. They also can interpret those words in ways that had little or no connection to the communication I meant to convey. Such is the shortcomings of the written word and perhaps even words delivered in any fashion. I hope you enjoy your interpretations, I did.

Now over to "Horus" (a mythical figure).

Let me make this very clear. On or about 2002 I ran across the story of Horus for the first time. I immediately found affinities with the story. I also recognized some uncanny synchronicities. In time I found many more incredibly improbable synchronicities. I also discovered a deep affinity to the underlying archetype(s) I perceived were represented by the story.

In late 2011 I had was in a heightened state of awareness where I concluded I must be the reincarnation of Horus. I was not only completely convinced, I felt that this information was important for National (US) and World security. It was so important that I requested a meeting with a friend of mine so that I could reveal my theory about myself and all the evidences as to why. This friend is a DOD contractor and has been involved in many sensitive areas and of course has friends in all the lovely alphabet agencies. I felt it wise I go to him about this first.

All of the above is 100% true.

Interestingly I soon after experienced a psychosis which landed me in Santo Tomas psychiatric ward (Ciudad de Panama, Panama) on the 8th of January 2012. I was released 8 days later.

Now - not only do I no longer subscribe to this idea, I believe I have discovered the components that made up the idea in the first place and have some interesting theories (related to quantum theory) as to how these components arose in my life. Also through deep introspection I also discovered what I believe now is the "why" these things arose in my life.

My personality makeup also facilitated this experience and I will name a few of these traits.
    I am prone to narcissism.
    I have a savior complex
    I have the makeup of a megalomaniac.

Unlike just about every other poster you will find on these internet forums, on their blogs or on their websites who make extraordinary claims, I have now gone the next step in identifying the likely reasons why I once held these extraordinary views. The reasons I share them is all and only because I believe it might be helpful for others this phenomena be discussed. If someone's interest here is to attack (and some perceive my challenge of others "beliefs" as attacks), then consider my own story above and consider if any reader of this post happens to have similar fantastical thoughts, the reasons for those thoughts may not be based in the truth of them... they may be based on factors they can only discover if they (with courage) explore deep within their own psyche.

For those who have never experienced anomalous events that are so fantastical their rational mind has a hard time believing it... then it is possible the readers mind won't open to any of this much less explore the what and the why.

One difference between my own story and those who simply have their own imagination and perhaps similar "looks" to someone who may have lived before (in the case of identifying "who someone was in a past life), my strange connections were primarily based on facts which aligned all too closely with the key elements of the story of the mythical figure, Horus. I had a doctor of mathematics analyze the odds and though he never believed me, he did state that the odds of the factual matching were quite eyebrow raising.

Fortunately now, I see it all in a different light. And I no longer believe I am the reincarnation of anyone. One reason why is that I still do not have a solid hold on which "I" that I am which in turn might be an "I" that reincarnates fully in tact. My views about all this go deeper than simple individuation. My recommendation to folks (not that it matters) is... consider who "I" is. Consider the possibility of a paradox and even... a triadox (did I make a new word?)
    Last edited by Chester, 13th November 2015 at 05:18.
    All the above is all and only my opinion. It may contain some sharing of components of my current operating strategy and some foundational components of my current world view - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

It's just a ride

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGD...vgBsCHmlC13jOg

https://www.facebook.com/samhunter57

http://merlynagain.blogspot.com/

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Useful Post:

bsbray (13th November 2015), ERK (13th November 2015), lcam88 (13th November 2015), pointessa (13th November 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,244 Times in 922 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Sam Hunter View Post
    I can only respond, Icam88, is that any reader can perceive whatever they desire from my words.

I say this because in one part of your last post (addressing a comment of my own) you seem to have not read what I wrote at all whatsoever as the very point you were making (as if I was missing something) was the very point I made. I find when this happens, there is something deeper in the mix. perhaps in this case there is... or perhaps not.

A reader of my posts can even conclude things that I had not intended. They also can interpret those words in ways that had little or no connection to the communication I meant to convey. Such is the shortcomings of the written word and perhaps even words delivered in any fashion. I hope you enjoy your interpretations, I did.
    I'm glad you enjoyed it too.

I think you are gleaning to a reason why some people react strangely to some of your posts that I hadn't considered.

Now over to "Horus" (a mythical figure).

Let me make this very clear. On or about 2002 I ran across the story of Horus for the first time. I immediately found affinities with the story. I also recognized some uncanny synchronicities. In time I found many more incredibly improbable synchronicities. I also discovered a deep affinity to the underlying archetype(s) I perceived were represented by the story.

In late 2011 I had was in a heightened state of awareness where I concluded I must be the reincarnation of Horus. I was not only completely convinced, I felt that this information was important for National (US) and World security. It was so important that I requested a meeting with a friend of mine so that I could reveal my theory about myself and all the evidences as to why. This friend is a DOD contractor and has been involved in many sensitive areas and of course has friends in all the lovely alphabet agencies. I felt it wise I go to him about this first.

All of the above is 100% true.

Interestingly I soon after experienced a psychosis which landed me in Santo Tomas psychiatric ward (Ciudad de Panama, Panama) on the 8th of January 2012. I was released 8 days later.

Now - not only do I no longer subscribe to this idea, I believe I have discovered the components that made up the idea in the first place and have some interesting theories (related to quantum theory) as to how these components arose in my life. Also through deep introspection I also discovered what I believe now is the "why" these things arose in my life.

My personality makeup also facilitated this experience and I will name a few of these traits.
    I am prone to narcissism.
    I have a savior complex
    I have the makeup of a megalomaniac.

Unlike just about every other poster you will find on these internet forums, on their blogs or on their websites who make extraordinary claims, I have now gone the next step in identifying the likely reasons why I once held these extraordinary views. The reasons I share them is all and only because I believe it might be helpful for others this phenomena be discussed. If someone's interest here is to attack (and some perceive my challenge of others "beliefs" as attacks), then consider my own story above and consider if any reader of this post happens to have similar fantastical thoughts, the reasons for those thoughts may not be based in the truth of them... they may be based on factors they can only discover if they (with courage) explore deep within their own psyche.

For those who have never experienced anomalous events that are so fantastical their rational mind has a hard time believing it... then it is possible the readers mind won't open to any of this much less explore the what and the why.

One difference between my own story and those who simply have their own imagination and perhaps similar "looks" to someone who may have lived before (in the case of identifying "who someone was in a past life), my strange connections were primarily based on facts which aligned all too closely with the key elements of the story of the mythical figure, Horus. I had a doctor of mathematics analyze the odds and though he never believed me, he did state that the odds of the factual matching were quite eyebrow raising.

Fortunately now, I see it all in a different light. And I no longer believe I am the reincarnation of anyone. One reason why is that I still do not have a solid hold on which "I" that I am which in turn might be an "I" that reincarnates fully in tact. My views about all this go deeper than simple individuation. My recommendation to folks (not that it matters) is... consider who "I" is. Consider the possibility of a paradox and even... a triadox (did I make a new word?)
    +1 to Sam.

I had never imagined there was a plot-line worth writing a bestseller...

And I apologize sincerely to you if the laughs you had with my posting came at too high a price.

I think everyone has a bit of narcissism, savior complex and megalomaniac in them.

As last words, if they are worth anything at this point, 4 or 5 years ago I tried hunting deer. They are very delicate, fleeting and graceful animals that are amazingly quick on their feet. Newbies normally acquire a high power rifle and work from there. I when hunting for them with bow and arrow. I had to learn their behaviors and conquer the elements of their habitat before I could even dream of downing one. You must resist the insects and wait in silence for them to come to you, often within 30 yards of distance, to then have a chance with a bow and arrow... Wild cow are much easier. :/

Analogously, I sometimes wonder if lurking in forums is better than posting in them.

Hats off to you Sam.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lcam88 For This Useful Post:

bsbray (13th November 2015), Chester (13th November 2015), donk (13th November 2015), Joanna (18th November 2015), The One (13th November 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,125 Times in 173 Posts
    Sam, I think what you are doing here is very important. How many times do we dismiss someone that makes bizarre claims when it is determined that they are psychologically off balance, or what our culture says is off balance ? It's so easy to say someone is bipolar or schizoid and dismiss their experience. So I find this very interesting that you are looking further.

The truth is, where would we be without the brilliant, off balance discoveries that came from people that have been considered mentally ill to some degree or other? How many artists are considered eccentric or insane? I am also one that has been blessed/cursed with the mind of extremes and mad intensities. It makes it very hard to live in this culture and to walk among those that live in an orderly and confined world of established thinking patterns.

I salute you for what you are doing.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pointessa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (13th November 2015), bsbray (13th November 2015), Chester (13th November 2015), donk (13th November 2015), Dreamtimer (13th November 2015), Joanna (18th November 2015), The One (13th November 2015)

Thanks
    It all started when I was six years old. I posted about this anomalous experience here –

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...ion-experience

Start half way down at – “I had recently turned 6 years old.”

In 2002 I read Secret Teachings of All Ages. It is in this book I finally read about the Osirian myth. Osiris was the father of Horus. Isis was the mother of Horus and the wife of Osiris. When I read about Horus I was “intrigued.” In 1986 I had been in a battle with an archontic force where I ended up losing all sight in my left eye. I thought the similarity between how Horus lost his left eye (in battle with the evil Set) and how I had lost mine as interesting.

As time went on, my savior complex progressed. I also became familiar with the mystical metaphor of the living, dying, resurrecting God-Man and saw this relating closely to my father who had died in 1979 via “suicide” (or so they say). Recall Set was the brother of Osiris and was Horus’ uncle. I had always suspected “Uncle Sam” (the US Gov) may have played a role in my father’s demise and found it interesting that Set was Horus’ uncle.

In time, I learned that Horus as well was one of these special living-dying-resurrecting “god-men” and this will be expanded upon further down in this post.

By the time 2010 had rolled around, I decided to see what else Horus and I might have in common. I looked for the most important things. Did Horus have any children? As it turns out, yes he did… Horus had four sons and no daughters.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_sons_of_Horus

I had also fathered four sons and no daughters.

One day soon after I thought about my mother’s name which was Mary. In fact, my mother was the 12th Mary in an unbroken lineage of Marys (none the Queen of Scotts). Mary again represents the Virgin Mother Mary and of course we know of her connection to another well known living-dying-resurrecting “god-man.” And though I had considered the possibility several times that I was the reincarnation of Jesus, I also knew there were far too many others who thought the same. In fact, I was once in a facility where the unit I was in housed 45 people, three of which thought they were Jesus (and that didn’t include me!)

Then one day I recalled what my mother had been called her whole life which was not Mary. It was Sissy. And all her family and close friends just called her Sis. So one day I thought that if someone asked my mom who she was, she would reply, “I am Sis.” Drop the “am” and we get Isis!

Now back to my father. In the myth, Osisris was known as “the Green Man.”

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osiris

Osiris was known as “the god of the afterlife, the underworld, and the dead, but more appropriately as the god of transition, resurrection, and regeneration.”

Just Now – this is an uncanny insert which explains how incredible my experience is when it comes to synchronicity… seconds after I copied that one quote from the Osiris link, my “work companion” suddenly messaged the following – I literally mean within 20 seconds or less.

[9:14:44 AM] Batman: been nice knowing you
    [9:14:47 AM] Batman: Im dead
    [9:14:55 AM] Sam Hunter: what?
    [9:15:20 AM] Batman: Judy [his wife] gets up and comes and says Happy Anniversery
    [9:15:28 AM] Sam Hunter: “the god of the afterlife, the underworld, and the dead, but more appropriately as the god of transition, resurrection, and regeneration.”
    [9:15:29 AM] Batman: I totally forgot
    [9:15:40 AM] Sam Hunter: I just typed that
    [9:15:51 AM] Sam Hunter: seconds before you said "I'm dead"
    [9:16:00 AM] Batman: wow

Why I threw this in is that this is an example of the primary principle I have used to “draw all these conclusions” about why I am Horus. Even now that i view this phenomena in a completely different way (which i will explain in another post), I get Horus synchronicities left and right.

Now back to the reasons. As I mentioned earlier, Osiris was known as The Green Man. Well, when my father was discovered dead I was called to the scene. But I was not allowed to see my father. The police would not let me in his office apartment. As time went on and based on my theory as to my father having led a “double life,” I had not been totally convinced my Dad was actually dead. I thought it was possible he may have faked his death. So years after (sometime in the late 80s), I asked the family attorney who was the man who found my father dead to describe what he saw. He reluctantly complied. He said, “When I found your father, I knew he had been dead for days because he was all green.”

In late 2011 I had ran across information that the archons can take on the shape of amoebas. If you read my experience when I was six years old, this concept suggested to me that what happened to me when six was "archontic." Then I looked up the Archons in Wikipedia. There I found the following in this link -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archon_%28Gnosticism%29

There I saw this -

The Ophites accepted the existence of these seven archons (Origen, Contra Celsum, vi. 31; a nearly identical list is given in On the Origin of the World):
    and the seventh said this -

Horaios

The Moon.
    Feminine name: Wealth.
    Prophets: Michaiah, Nahum.
    From Jaroah? or "light"? or Horus?

There were other less significant synchronicities to the story but when we look at the primary factors of the Horus myth and actual facts of my own life, I make odds high that if anyone on Earth today might be Horus reincarnated, it would likely be me.

Or…. could this all be something else?

I will explore this something else in a future post.
    Last edited by Chester, 17th November 2015 at 15:44.
    All the above is all and only my opinion. It may contain some sharing of components of my current operating strategy and some foundational components of my current world view - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

It's just a ride

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (15th November 2015), Joanna (17th November 2015), lcam88 (16th November 2015), pointessa (16th November 2015)

Thanks
    Ohhh and to add an important part of the story. I did not just fantasize this. I took it seriously. I was so convinced and took it so seriously that in December of 2011 while I was living in Panama City, Panama, I set up an appointment with a good friend who also happens to be a "defense contractor" and I am not talking some low level contractor. I won't elaborate further as to his credentials and responsibilities. I will say that he has direct contacts with folks "on the other side" (as he phrased it) - meaning folks in official capacities with various intelligence agencies.

I met with him and his younger brother (also my friend) and someone he brought to the meeting I had never met before. I shared all the synchronicities as well as shared about the heightened level of psi activity I had been experiencing. The "friend" asked me many questions one of which was, "what do you know about enfolded space-time."

Why I went to my friend and not to anyone else was that I believed this was important for not just US but world security and only should high level officials in governments and intelligence agencies have awareness of who I was and perhaps they might find need to utilize my talents.

I have e-mail documentation about this meeting and I also would pass any polygraph easily as it all actually happened exactly as I stated.

There is only one way I can talk about this now... and that is that I have developed a completely different view as to what was behind all the phenomena. As mentioned above, I will explain this in another post and do so soon.
    Last edited by Chester, 15th November 2015 at 15:43.

It's just a ride

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (15th November 2015), Dreamtimer (15th November 2015), ERK (17th November 2015), Joanna (17th November 2015), lcam88 (16th November 2015), pointessa (2nd December 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,690 Times in 607 Posts
    Sam, there's another aspect to all this, of people identifying themselves with 'gods'. You know I come from the view that they are beings/people/star people (not just 'archetypes', although am also of the view that what we call human psychological archetypes are in some sense formed out of the influence of their energies)...and that those beings are not bound by linear time, and some of them are right here right now, willing to interact with us, when we are in resonance with them, vibrationally speaking - which is what synchronicity is...a vibrational resonance that causes like energies to converge...and resonating with something/someone has a magnetic pull on subtle (and physical) energies. We are all living, breathing magnets, attracting what we focus on when we have an emotional 'charge' connected with it. Some are doing it more consciously and more coherently, some more unconsciously, and in more fragmentary ways....

At the ego level, yes there are folk going through egocentric experiences. That may not all be based in megalomaniac or messianic complexes. I've observed that when people are in the early stages of connecting with higher dimensional beings, and haven't yet developed a 'steady centre' (are still working through ego layers, including the far less obvious ones) that connection can feel overwhelming, an epiphany of higher truth, higher reality. Because those higher/faster frequency beings are more in their truth than beings focused into 3D ego-identification/illusional 'realities'. And at those moments, people can mis-identify themselves as those beings, because unveiled truth, to those fresh from the realm of illusions, feels like coming Home to oneself..and folk get excited, take the ball and run with it...'I feel Home...this is Truth...this is my Truth...I am this being'....and so on.....
    Do you feel what I mean?

The other thing is that the myths are not literal, they are metaphors, so to equate details of your life literally with those mythic details could lead you (or anyone) astray.
    Horus and Set throwing their semen at each other across the Nile, for instance, (that is some mental image, lol) didn't mean they were standing there 'seed slinging'....it's about control of DNA...between those who would free/uplift it, and those who would lock it down and overpower it...
    Set tearing out Horus's left eye: in the myths, Horus's left eye was the Moon and his right eye was the Sun. What is the Eye of the Sun, or the Eye of the Moon, Sam, for beings who travel through the solar and lunar portals, among others? In my view, this was about Set destroying a higher dimensional galactic portal (vortexing through a higher dimension of the Moon, the 'left eye'). You would know, in the stories, Thoth magically 'made Horus a new eye' to replace the lost one...meaning he created a new lunar portal....

Just some thoughts...

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Joanna For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (17th November 2015), Chester (17th November 2015), Dreamtimer (17th November 2015), pointessa (2nd December 2015)

Thanks
    Hi Joanna,

I read the first part of your post carefully and realized I wanted to write my comments that spontaneously arise. The first comment I have is that all you are proposing may very well be based in truth and even be a very detailed set of truths. It was a wonderful post to read. I would like to comment between some sections of your post, but don't have the patience for all those starting and ending quote commands, I will just put my comments in italics and blue -

Joanna wrote -

Sam, there's another aspect to all this, of people identifying themselves with 'gods'. You know I come from the view that they are beings/people/star people (not just 'archetypes', although am also of the view that what we call human psychological archetypes are in some sense formed out of the influence of their energies)...and that those beings are not bound by linear time, and some of them are right here right now, willing to interact with us, when we are in resonance with them, vibrationally speaking - which is what synchronicity is...a vibrational resonance that causes like energies to converge...and resonating with something/someone has a magnetic pull on subtle (and physical) energies.

And I can be quite open that the energetic influences (perhaps "beings"?) I am referring to as "archetypes" may very well be as you described above. I actually would prefer this to be true above just about every other explanation I have considered with regards to all of my anomalous experiences within form.

We are all living, breathing magnets, attracting what we focus on when we have an emotional 'charge' connected with it.

Based on my experiences, what you suggest above seems very likely true. I have discovered to simplify interpretation of my experiences when I look at the experiences I attract and decide if they are fear based or love based. I found that the fear based experiences greatly decrease in direct proportion to my conscious and sub conscious (difficult to know for sure) sense of "who I am" in the most metaphysical sense... where that "who I am" (when I come to really apprehend the answer to this question), I am left with a deep and profound feeling of peaceful security. That feeling, when I am connected to it, attracts experiences that are expressions of love, both in receiving lovingly meaningful moments as well as opportunities arise where I can give love and meaning to others. When I forget who I am I notice I experience things which are unpleasant and generate fear. I sense that comes from being fearful from losing sight as to who I am and thus I am simply attracting the reflections of my own rising fears.

Some are doing it more consciously and more coherently, some more unconsciously, and in more fragmentary ways....

I was of the latter group most of my life and am just now starting to bridge that gap to the deeper regions of my subconscious. This has taken a great deal of self honesty to accomplish and I am certain I have much further to go.

At the ego level, yes there are folk going through egocentric experiences. That may not all be based in megalomaniac or messianic complexes.

Yes indeed... and yes also that it may not contain megalomaniacal and/or messianic roots... I had hoped I conveyed that my conclusions were all and only for myself and that these conclusions may change. Thanks for these last few sentences so I can again make this very clear to folks like perhaps DF.

I've observed that when people are in the early stages of connecting with higher dimensional beings, and haven't yet developed a 'steady centre' (are still working through ego layers, including the far less obvious ones) that connection can feel overwhelming, an epiphany of higher truth, higher reality. Because those higher/faster frequency beings are more in their truth than beings focused into 3D ego-identification/illusional 'realities'. And at those moments, people can mis-identify themselves as those beings, because unveiled truth, to those fresh from the realm of illusions, feels like coming Home to oneself..and folk get excited, take the ball and run with it...'I feel Home...this is Truth...this is my Truth...I am this being'....and so on.....

Fascinating. I wish I could know if these experiences were actually co-created by beings as you describe. I am quite open to everything. I also do not have a dark view that any type of "external" influence is automatically evil as some do.

Do you feel what I mean?

Yes indeed.

The other thing is that the myths are not literal, they are metaphors, so to equate details of your life literally with those mythic details could lead you (or anyone) astray.

Ahhh ok, I am glad you pointed this out just in case any reader may have drawn the conclusion I see these metaphors in any way literally. I always look deep within them. As an example - the blinding of the left eye for me is a metaphor of a blocking of the lunar path and the path of the divine feminine principle yet that he retains his right eye suggests a "marriage" of sorts to the solar path of the right hand. This feeds right into the living-dying resurrecting son of the sun god type paradigm.

But when the facts of a myth line up with facts of one's life as had mine in this case... if one takes things as far as I once did, one then might become convinced they are the reincarnation of a famous being that actually lived and they might convince themselves that the myths were based on truths of this being's life and thus they may also be special like this myth being was. That was what happened with me which I now no longer believe. Fortunately for others!

Horus and Set throwing their semen at each other across the Nile, for instance, (that is some mental image, lol) didn't mean they were standing there 'seed slinging'....it's about control of DNA...between those who would free/uplift it, and those who would lock it down and overpower it...

Set tearing out Horus's left eye: in the myths, Horus's left eye was the Moon and his right eye was the Sun. What is the Eye of the Sun, or the Eye of the Moon, Sam, for beings who travel through the solar and lunar portals, among others? In my view, this was about Set destroying a higher dimensional galactic portal (vortexing through a higher dimension of the Moon, the 'left eye'). You would know, in the stories, Thoth magically 'made Horus a new eye' to replace the lost one...meaning he created a new lunar portal....

Fascinating! I got goose bumps. What I had imagined years after losing the sight in my left eye was that I "greatly enhanced the sight of my third eye." Why I concluded that is that only after the left eye went blind did I start to have these amazing synchronicities and begin to experience all sorts of psi talents... specifically bona fide telepathy, precognition and mentalism and an unusual thing I do with a deck of divination cards where I can have a conversation with myself or another, flip cards and the cards reflect the essences of the conversation at the exact point in the conversation when i flip the card. My sons have done this with me so many times they are no longer amazed. It simply seems we create that energy field where everything with shared meaning comes together synchronistically. It is the most wonderful type of experience and I call it "being in the magical state."

Just some thoughts...

Thank You... wonderful thoughts. I am feeling that perhaps I am too hard on myself maybe... concluding megalomania and messianic complex roots. Maybe the reactions I had are natural when one is born into a world where no one they encounter along the way is able to assist with the understanding of these types of experiences. This is why I joined these forums hoping to find folks who might offer potential explanations I have yet to come upon on my own or others from before.
    Last edited by Chester, 17th November 2015 at 16:36.

It's just a ride

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (17th November 2015), Joanna (18th November 2015), pointessa (2nd December 2015)

Thanks
    I wonder sometimes... at the deepest level of one's individuated being... do we at least play the role of co-creator in our experiences?

I have taken this possibility as an operating assumption (for myself at least) and it has benefited me in so doing.

It's just a ride

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Useful Post:

bsbray (18th November 2015), Dreamtimer (17th November 2015), Joanna (18th November 2015), modwiz (17th November 2015), pointessa (2nd December 2015), RealityCreation (4th December 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,583 Times in 325 Posts
    I wonder sometimes... at the deepest level of one's individuated being... do we at least play the role of co-creator in our experiences?

I have taken this possibility as an operating assumption (for myself at least) and it has benefited me in so doing.

Yes, I believe we do. This is what my explorations into consciousness have shown me.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ERK For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (17th November 2015), bsbray (18th November 2015), Chester (17th November 2015), Joanna (18th November 2015), lcam88 (18th November 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts

I understand that we do co-create our reality. There is resistance from people who prefer playing victim. Whatever floats ones boat, I guess. People believe what makes them feel comfortable and/or empowered. Gathering sympathy is a way of life for many.
    Last edited by modwiz, 17th November 2015 at 20:04.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (17th November 2015), Chester (17th November 2015), Elen (17th November 2015), Joanna (18th November 2015), lcam88 (18th November 2015), pointessa (2nd December 2015), sandy (18th November 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,690 Times in 607 Posts
    Sam, I really enjoyed your responses/reflections, thank you. Aaand...now that you're concluding that you're being too hard on yourself, and as doing that can only come from fear not love, what then is the underlying fear that the being 'too hard' comes from?

You wrote: I wish I could know if these experiences were actually co-created by beings as you describe. I am quite open to everything. I also do not have a dark view that any type of "external" influence is automatically evil as some do.

As to co-creating with other beings, I can only speak from my own experience, which is that if we're 'creating' (emitting & magnetizing) from ego which is attached to separation and survival (fears), then we will connect with beings that are within those energies, or which feed upon them. Like attracts like. Those beings/entities can easily pass themselves off as 'light' to people who want them to be light, but who have yet to fully clear their decks subconsciously, or quieten their ego drive...
    But that doesn't mean there aren't true beings of light, of high and pure love in subtler dimensions, journeying around/with us...in silent communion and cooperation....
    How do we expect to ever be able to connect with such beings, or tell the difference between what is of pure intent and what is not, if we've filled our head with stories, 'information' and 'beliefs', and I don't just mean taking mythic metaphors literally, from the ancient world, but 'new myths' poured into the alternate communities, let alone how would we tell if those beings are other incarnations of our own soul?

For me, getting to the point where I was ready to drop everything I thought I knew, just be still, and listen to my soul, to 'higher self', is a bit parallel to you, Sam, in that it was precipitated by the crisis of going blind, very fast and painfully, from an 'inherited genetic condition' 5-6 years ago. I also found that my inner eye, telepathy etc started opening up again much more, but more than that, I began to see through my heart....and everything I saw looked different. In mundane 3D ways, once I could drive again after about 8 months, the things that my 'seeing' was drawn to had changed. I saw grass by the side of the roads, that was like blades of soft shining emeralds, with dandelions in it that looked like the sun was contained in beautiful cups of petals. I drove past caryards, and saw light shining across the bonnets of cars like rainbows. Yeah, okay, this sounds pretty corny...but what had happened was I centered my whole way of seeing and feeling in gratitude, and deep deep joy for just BEing....and the fragmentary way I'd been 'co-creating' became apparent - just an illusion, like a child's game of make believe...but which had built a big clutter of debris. So I focused on releasing all the stuff, healing, and knowing the love in my soul, its purity, and its passion for Life, every living thing.
    Then there was certain moment, when higher frequency beings could fly and step through my 3D perception. I looked up in the sky and saw ships like diamonds and spheres of white and golden light. Then an eagle of pure white light flying around the full moon, changing its form into dove, then ibis...in case a reminder was needed about portals, and love, and truth....
    It happened, and is still happening, because I approached those beings from my heart, met them in my inner heart (so what then, is 'external'?) in the way I would any other relationship or close friendship - without conditions, expectations, wants, needs, fears or glorification, without stories or beliefs, so I could listen inside to my higher self, and remember 'who I am'....and just connect with others in any dimension as being to being, soul to soul, for the sheer beauty of it, just for joy....

Of course, to someone else's view all of this could just seem like fantastical claims, delusions, and photos that have been photoshopped....

So that brings me to, we're all learning, growing, making wise or less wise decisions along the way, learning from those decisions at our own pace: the Being you are right here and now, the core that you intuit, whether you call it heart, soul or essence, enjoy feeling it in peace, trust and happiness, give yourself that gift....and if anything you form an attachment to along the way, if you find that energy is taking you out of your core you, where the 'magic happens', just bless it and let it go....and compassion yourself too, right?

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Joanna For This Useful Post:

bsbray (18th November 2015), Chester (5th December 2015), Dreamtimer (18th November 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    An article I came across reminded me of Sam mostly because it has become apparent to me that he is on a quest to shine his light what is non-sense and what is not.

People find meaning in many things, synchronicities, coincidences and perhaps merely because someone credible says so; I'm no exception of course.

There is an article in the The Washington Post about people to accept nonsense as deep.

The thesis boils down to the following quote:

Quote Originally posted by WashingtonPost_Article
    The precise reasons that people see profundity in vague buzzwords or syntactic but completely random sentences are unknown. Some people might not realize the reason they don't understand something is simply because there is nothing to understand. Or they might just approach things they hear and read less skeptically.

There are also a few characteristics that seem to correlate with those who are more prone to pseudo-profound language. Specifically, the researchers tested willingness to accept pseudo profound statements along with a host of other personality characteristics. As they describe:

"Those more receptive to bull**** are less reflective, lower in cognitive ability (i.e., verbal and fluid intelligence, numeracy), are more prone to ontological confusions [beliefs in things for which there is no empirical evidence (i.e. that prayers have the ability to heal)] and conspiratorial ideation, are more likely to hold religious and paranormal beliefs, and are more likely to endorse complementary and alternative medicine."

"I would say that a lot of people are just far too open to everything," said Pennycook. "They aren't skeptical or critical enough of what they hear and read."
    Is the quest for spirituality, as one understands it as becoming the nature of harmonious flow, transcending the ego, or overcoming day to day materialistic views partially responsible for being more accepting of non-sense?

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lcam88 For This Useful Post:

Chester (5th December 2015), Joanna (3rd December 2015)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Peoples' experiences are real. They just can't be proven. On C2C Michio Kaki was confirming that science can 'prove' lucid dreaming. Now that it's measurable by science, it's considered 'real' and 'proven'.

It's really not a good idea to dismiss things as nonsense just because we haven't learned to make scientific sense of it.

People have known lucid dreaming is real for millennia.

Critical thinking goes beyond science and empirical evidence. Experience matters. We need to be able to talk about the reality of things beyond the bounds of science and religion.

IMO

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Dreamtimer:

Your position seems to be that as long as meaning can be found at an individual level then there is real meaning, regardless of the origin of a possibly meaningless message. Does that mean that a charitable act made by an individual motivated by selfishness is indeed charitable? Is that an unfair analogy? Is there a better analogy?

Having the benefit of some metric by which measurements of meaningfulness found by individuals can take any number of forms, scientific, religious or perhaps even parts of both, for example, a metric could be the number of prayers made per hour in reference to certain uttered phrases... <shrug/>

The article I quote above measures response by asking participants in the study to indicate a number 1 to 5 regarding how meaningful texts they are presented with happens to be [to them].

My question I'm posing above has more to do with identifying possible common factors that cause otherwise intelligent individuals to accept noise (nonsense) as something meaningful.

The reason this topic is of enough interest to me to post is simply because accepting nonsense as having meaning, even if such meaning is ambiguous or confusing, is the equivalent of accepting cognitive dissonance, into ones mind, especially when they deny their authority to specifically decide for themselves (even erroneously) in regards to aspects of the topic(s).

Sam?

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lcam88 For This Useful Post: