Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: We are A.I.

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Nothing View Post
    That's better, I just had a shower. While there I had a thought to add what I largely get from Marcel Vogel and why I remembered about that presentation in relation to Elen's post. Because I too, as I have said before, don't have the data allocation or time to watch huge lengths and lists of video.

I have for an age been saying the exact same things regards AI not being actually capable of being autonomous life forms or however we want to list it. In stating this opinion, I am constantly told I am wrong or should fear A.I by all kinds of people. So naturally I agreed with the message from John Lash, but he is not the originator of that concept of thinking, for me anyway. I think most people who are mindful and observant probably understand within themselves, the same considerations.
    So this fellow, Vogel, spends nearly 3 decades working with Earth elements like quartz to make machines. Elements supplied by the Earth. And he eventually gives it up after deciding that the science and circuitry already exists within humans. The interaction with quartz being like training wheels for these ages, but he deduces that all of the technology he was working on are simple toys compared to the power humans possess.
    That is essentially the main point to be had, with all the other little crumbs in between.

We can all be guilty of thinking there is nothing new, or more so thinking we know all that there is. And it can be both wise and foolish, depending on our moods. As I get older I find myself becoming more impatient with things I make presumptions about. A few weeks back someone tried to accuse me of "being naive", that I took as a compliment, for the alternative is limiting of oneself, as we see time and time again. It is also from what I see, a male thing. The cantankerous old man syndrome. Because of my upbringing I am aware of trying to avoid it as much as possible, but also know it is in my genes somewhat. Over my life so far I have learned things from all ages. I especially try to make time for people who have absolutely no knowledge of my field of expertise, because those types can often come up with things which I had never thought of. It's a dance of course, a dance that I would again use as an example as to why it would be near impossible to program a machine to replicate. We often learn the most by going down wrong paths and then realising our mistakes. It is not a binary action of inclusion vs exclusion. We can reprogramme, overwrite, reformat, switch partitions, get caught up in an emotion that turns out to be the only route to a solution or a dead end awarding a lesson. It is all exciting really, I do have to remind myself not to become too serious (sirius) about it.
    Thank you for a beautiful expansion on your thoughts. We could engage in a very fruitful dialogue if text were not part of the equation. With cameras and mics, any dialogue worthy of many words is worthy of using the tech we have to do so. My sense is many are content with forums and good manners would have me pick the spots that are win/win.

Funny synch moment. The youtube page for JLL's latest video is recommending Marcel's Use of Crystals pt.2 to me.
    Last edited by modwiz, 1st December 2017 at 22:13.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (2nd December 2017), Dreamtimer (2nd December 2017), Dumpster Diver (2nd December 2017), Elen (2nd December 2017), enjoy being (1st December 2017), Kathy (2nd December 2017), sandy (2nd December 2017)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,685 Times in 2,094 Posts

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (2nd December 2017), Dumpster Diver (2nd December 2017), Elen (2nd December 2017), Kathy (2nd December 2017), sandy (2nd December 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,170 Times in 11,950 Posts
    I saw a reference to John Lash and Sophia. Thing about John Lash is that he IS very interesting but I think he's a bit disturbed. In fact, I think he is influenced by the Archontic spirit.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (2nd December 2017), Dreamtimer (2nd December 2017), Dumpster Diver (2nd December 2017), Elen (2nd December 2017), Kathy (2nd December 2017), modwiz (2nd December 2017), sandy (2nd December 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    I saw a reference to John Lash and Sophia. Thing about John Lash is that he IS very interesting but I think he's a bit disturbed. In fact, I think he is influenced by the Archontic spirit.
    Very hard to not be disturbed when confronting what has happened on Earth and knowing why. To live on Earth is to contend with archontic energy. It never stops, it is an immunity thing.

I have my concerns for John, because he does look at monsters and there is peril in that.

It is his ideas I focus on, not the man. Giving him credit for his work is how humans acknowledge each other. The Eleanor Roosevelt quote below sums up my thoughts regarding discussions.

With that, I will drop out of this thread now. Good stuff.

Thank you. Informative and enjoyable.
    Last edited by modwiz, 2nd December 2017 at 01:58.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (2nd December 2017), Dreamtimer (3rd December 2017), Dumpster Diver (2nd December 2017), Elen (2nd December 2017), Emil El Zapato (2nd December 2017), Kathy (2nd December 2017), sandy (2nd December 2017)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,406 Times in 1,137 Posts

WTG Nothing, nice to hear your voice and your vulnerability ...I too would feel nervous sending a voice message on the forum....

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to sandy For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (2nd December 2017), Dreamtimer (3rd December 2017), Dumpster Diver (2nd December 2017), Elen (2nd December 2017), Emil El Zapato (3rd December 2017), enjoy being (2nd December 2017), Kathy (2nd December 2017), modwiz (2nd December 2017)

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,318 Times in 5,067 Posts
    You're doing great Nothing, some people like conversing via talking, some people like reading and some people like videos and listening...as I see it...it's all good. Who knows which is the best way...OK...there is NO "best way", but your own way.

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (2nd December 2017), Dreamtimer (3rd December 2017), Dumpster Diver (2nd December 2017), Emil El Zapato (3rd December 2017), enjoy being (2nd December 2017), Kathy (2nd December 2017), modwiz (3rd December 2017), sandy (2nd December 2017)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,685 Times in 2,094 Posts
    Thanks Sandy, and thanks Elen.
    The mic is just the one built into my laptop and I think it makes my mumbling worse. Over the years, the way I type has been known to make some people think I am full of myself. Really it is just a bad case of over sharing lol.
    Darned if ya don't darned if you do?

Oh, and thanks Modwiz.
    Last edited by enjoy being, 2nd December 2017 at 08:44.

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (2nd December 2017), Dreamtimer (3rd December 2017), Dumpster Diver (2nd December 2017), Elen (2nd December 2017), Emil El Zapato (3rd December 2017), modwiz (3rd December 2017), sandy (2nd December 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,020 Times in 1,226 Posts
    Is there any good sources (articles/papers hopefully...but I guess youtubes could be a start) describing (in detail) some of the things I have seen mentions of: like AIs conversing with one another in their own language...creating "chat rooms" we cannot get into...and playing games with one another (I've read one good one on this I will try to dig up but I haven't seen any since.

Funny this thread comes up now, I just finished God Emperor of Dune and started Chapterhouse (at least 3rd time)....Herbert is amazing, and what you can get out of these changes so much as you do.
    What is the purpose of your presence?

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to donk For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (2nd December 2017), Dreamtimer (3rd December 2017), Dumpster Diver (3rd December 2017), Elen (2nd December 2017), Emil El Zapato (3rd December 2017), sandy (2nd December 2017)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 2,620 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by donk View Post
    Is there any good sources (articles/papers hopefully...but I guess youtubes could be a start) describing (in detail) some of the things I have seen mentions of: like AIs conversing with one another in their own language...creating "chat rooms" we cannot get into...and playing games with one another (I've read one good one on this I will try to dig up but I haven't seen any since.

Funny this thread comes up now, I just finished God Emperor of Dune and started Chapterhouse (at least 3rd time)....Herbert is amazing, and what you can get out of these changes so much as you do.
    I’ve seen one article on human developed AI talking to human developed AI. I suspect the AI at the top of the food pyramid is so advanced it does not need our cave man electronics.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (3rd December 2017), Dreamtimer (3rd December 2017), Elen (3rd December 2017), Emil El Zapato (3rd December 2017)