Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: We are A.I.

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Not sure if being AI is the same as living in a simulation.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (29th May 2017), Dumpster Diver (1st December 2017), Elen (29th May 2017), modwiz (1st December 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,393 Times in 1,104 Posts
    Reality is plastic, more or less viscous, depending on the rigidity of our thoughts. This does not necessitate that reality is a simulacrum (a simulation of what?). Reality is always more or less real to those who live it, but one who is not real may see the fabrication as it occurs. It was fairly early in the game when the occurrence of fabrication was occulted, in my own assessment, at least 500 years ago. Everything before was a metaphor, everything since, a lie.
    Sometimes God shines his magic light beam from outer space, and it works in mysterious ways.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PurpleLama For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (30th May 2017), Dreamtimer (29th May 2017), Dumpster Diver (1st December 2017), Elen (30th May 2017), modwiz (1st December 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,393 Times in 1,104 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by donk View Post
    Definitely a classic, nice one!

In the Stargate series, the enemies are:

Gholas (?) if I remember correctly they are called the same thing Herbert calls clones in Dune series....these are parasites that take control of human hosts (false gods)

Orii (know I didn't spell that one right) -- again, false gods, but instead of infecting physical bodies they feed off of human worship (psychic vampirism)

Wraiths -- literal vampires, physically suck the life energy out of human bodies

And last but not least -- THE REPLICATORS...one little AI robot "toy" who's program to replicate itself evolved into a hive consciousness force able to take the form of anything, including a human

These are actually RATIONAL fears for a human, the true things with purposes that would make a REAL enemy. Perhaps mechanical slaves and super-computing information processing IS necessary to protect ourselves from these actual threats, should they exist...and in infinite universe, how could they not?

The Star gate series legitimize an elite (our benevolent gov't ) is necessary to research and protect us from the shadows, the idea being that as a society we are not emotionally mature enough to "handle the truth"...so leave it to the "professionals" and excuse the secrecy.

This is not to say I necessarily BELIEVE that Star Gate is an accurate example of predictive programming (though I don't completely dismiss it...every 100 episodes they run a humourous meta-episode exploring that very idea)...but I do believe the story telling portrays IDEAS of the true (POSSIBLE) enemies to mankind...and somehow most of only can see each other as enemies....sad state of affairs.
    Ghola is the correct term from Dune. An unrelated side question, is Aragorn some kind of mentat?
    Sometimes God shines his magic light beam from outer space, and it works in mysterious ways.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PurpleLama For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (30th May 2017), Dreamtimer (29th May 2017), Dumpster Diver (1st December 2017), Elen (30th May 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,975 Times in 20,256 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by PurpleLama View Post
    An unrelated side question, is Aragorn some kind of mentat?
    Yes.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (30th May 2017), Dumpster Diver (1st December 2017), Elen (30th May 2017), modwiz (1st December 2017), PurpleLama (30th May 2017)

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,318 Times in 5,067 Posts

Archontic Dementia 1: The AI Robot Sophia is a Fraud

I'll fit this in this thread forgive me if it's in the wrong place...it is interesting to listen to John Lamb Lash taking the gnostic view and his take on this subject.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGiYRu59QDY

There's an agenda here, where AI is portrayed more advanced than what is really is, to take us away from our natural state of being. AI can never exceed our human intelligence. I really agree with him here...

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (1st December 2017), Dumpster Diver (1st December 2017), enjoy being (1st December 2017), modwiz (1st December 2017)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,685 Times in 2,094 Posts
    While listening to this I would suggest a refresh or browse on the material which Marcel Vogel presented while he was alive.
    This one shall start things off a bit but you will need to browse as I don't have the entire or best video links on file.
    This guy spent something like 20 or 30 years as a computer engineer dealing with the power of crystals, which are silica/silicone based. From his research he began to realise the power of the human mind to program crystals without any other technology.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOyh4OSogkE

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh_21G4FAi4
    This second one makes up the total I have in bookmarks, in the sidebar to this video is more... or the 1.30min full seminar of this clip,Or is it the 3 hour one? I remember that seminar being of use. Really, it is too much for me to describe and it would be best for you to listen yourselves if you so wish.

This, when I first saw it has quite a few ah ha moments as it connected back to several other tidbits over the years describing humans as far more advanced than any machine we are capable of creating.
    One point I recall as well is the revelation that that body memory is stored in the bones..

Worth reminding yourselves that this guy came from a computer engineering background
    Last edited by enjoy being, 1st December 2017 at 09:50.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (1st December 2017), Dreamtimer (1st December 2017), Dumpster Diver (1st December 2017), Elen (1st December 2017), modwiz (1st December 2017), Wind (1st December 2017)

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,318 Times in 5,067 Posts
    Thank you Mr. Nothing for those links, I will look into this...interesting!

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (2nd December 2017), Dreamtimer (1st December 2017), Dumpster Diver (1st December 2017), enjoy being (1st December 2017), modwiz (1st December 2017)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 2,620 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by PurpleLama View Post
    Ghola is the correct term from Dune. An unrelated side question, is Aragorn some kind of mentat?
    If he is, he is a Linux heretic according to Butlerian orthodoxy.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (2nd December 2017), Dreamtimer (1st December 2017), Elen (2nd December 2017), enjoy being (1st December 2017), modwiz (1st December 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Elen View Post
    I'll fit this in this thread forgive me if it's in the wrong place...it is interesting to listen to John Lamb Lash taking the gnostic view and his take on this subject.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGiYRu59QDY

There's an agenda here, where AI is portrayed more advanced than what is really is, to take us away from our natural state of being. AI can never exceed our human intelligence. I really agree with him here...
    Seeing John put this video up on his youtube site after he had finished with the original purpose of it was a pleasant surprise for me. I had been saying, the EXACT same things to people I speak with regularly. I must say some alarms went off fro me as I saw some 'projecting' qualities into the 'bot'. This thing is part of this last wave to keep control of the planet. I sometimes wonder if a truce will be the sane thing to do. If people wish to be part of a one-world odor, then it would not be very free will of us to prevent that. How many more years of being called a conspiracy theorist does one need before they get the hint. Many of our friends and family members are NOT interested in what we have to say. Maybe we should leave them in peace and focus on solutions that small groups of people can get involved in.

John has been a reliable navigator during Sophia's Correction, an event without precedence on the planet. Some galactic precedence too. An event considered the ravings a a single man, JLL. However, this information disappears into the froth of new age 'open source' , really no source, spirituality. It's just another idea among the hundreds out there. Context and perception figure in potently here. The replacement of Ourstory with history has made what was once a great wisdom at the heart of human societies has made the what should be almost obvious into a discard-able story.

I see John just put up another video on this topic. Going to listen to it now.
    Last edited by modwiz, 1st December 2017 at 18:00.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (2nd December 2017), Dreamtimer (1st December 2017), Dumpster Diver (1st December 2017), Elen (2nd December 2017), enjoy being (1st December 2017)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Good morning. My previous post may have been a bit choppy regards the links. I recall now I had saved the second link as a place marker for where I had got to while watching the seminar in segments. I have just had a refresh on it and indeed it is either of the two options mentioned. I'll put up the link to Part 1 of the 2 part version. There is also one in its entirety.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXsxI72QtWI

IMO it is very much worth watching, regardless of how woo woo it might appear on the cover. Earth, mind, body, nature, the building blocks of machines. All these concerns over A.I, the topics within these two recent John L Lash videos, are informed upon by this fellows presentation.
    Last edited by enjoy being, 1st December 2017 at 19:46.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (2nd December 2017), Dreamtimer (1st December 2017), Dumpster Diver (1st December 2017), Elen (2nd December 2017), modwiz (1st December 2017), Wind (1st December 2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Nothing View Post
    Good morning. My previous post may have been a bit choppy regards the links. I recall now I had saved the second link as a place marker for where I had got to while watching the seminar in segments. I have just had a refresh on it and indeed it is either of the two options mentioned. I'll put up the link to Part 1 of the 2 part version. There is also one in its entirety.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXsxI72QtWI

IMO it is very much worth watching, regardless of how woo woo it might appear on the cover. Earth, mind, body, nature, the building blocks of machines. All these concerns over A.I, the topics within these two recent John L Lash videos, are informed upon by this fellows presentation.
    Have you listened to the videos by John in their entirety? The Gnostic concern about AI is a very different one from the new age fear market version. Even intelligent people are thrown off by bogus claims made in papers, scientific or otherwise, and the faulty suppositions that result from false assertions. It makes for a very large incoherent mess laced with fear and uncertainty. The perfect archontic recipe.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (2nd December 2017), Dreamtimer (1st December 2017), Dumpster Diver (1st December 2017), Elen (2nd December 2017), enjoy being (2nd December 2017)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Yes those 2 he has just released regards the AI. Have you watched the seminar I have linked?
    By your words I am presuming you haven't at all, and are reacting to keywords and constructing what you think is in the video?
    This video was filmed as far as I know in the 80's or 90's. But that's fine and up to you, I think you will find it actually agrees with many of the things you believe via JLL. I must add Mod that I have noticed you are heavily caught up with the JLL material in an increasing amount.
    I don't feel your comment regards new age fear or whatever that is about, relates, apart from being a general warning for people. And I recognise that as something you repeat frequently, perhaps like a hangup, and I am also aware of the many traps out there in sources of information, like you are.
    And I am also not a follower of 'New Age'... as I sort of would expect you to kind of know by now.
    Last edited by enjoy being, 1st December 2017 at 20:19.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (2nd December 2017), Dreamtimer (1st December 2017), Dumpster Diver (1st December 2017), Elen (2nd December 2017), modwiz (1st December 2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Nothing View Post
    Yes those 2 he has just released regards the AI. Have you watched the seminar I have linked?
    By your words I am presuming you haven't at all, and are reacting to keywords and constructing what you think is in the video?
    This video was filmed as far as I know in the 80's or 90's. But that's fine and up to you, I think you will find it actually agrees with many of the things you believe via JLL. I must add Mod that I have noticed you are heavily caught up with the JLL material in an increasing amount.
    I don't feel your comment regards new age fear or whatever that is about, relates, apart from being a general warning for people. And I recognise that as something you repeat frequently, perhaps like a hangup, and I am also aware of the many traps out there in sources of information, like you are.
    I have a problem many on these forums do not. I began reading, owning books, on the subjects many now watch videos about. So, the reason I may not watch it is time constraints and nothing new syndrome. I agree with you that it has much to offer. I did sample it to make sure. Material like this was intended as the grounding for moving forward for the pioneers. Info like this is never old or outdated. The pioneers move in waves.

Liberating the Earth from the archontic spell by getting people to be able to acknowledge it, seems to be the primary focus for a gnostic at this juncture in our development. The fem-bot is one of the last great attempts to seduce us en masse.
    Last edited by modwiz, 1st December 2017 at 20:27.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (2nd December 2017), Dreamtimer (1st December 2017), Dumpster Diver (1st December 2017), Elen (2nd December 2017), enjoy being (1st December 2017)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by modwiz View Post
    I have a problem many on these forums do not. I began reading, owning books, on the subjects many now watch videos about. So, the reason I may not watch it is time constraints and nothing new syndrome. I agree with you that it has much to offer. I did sample it to make sure. Material like this was intended as the grounding for moving forward for the pioneers. Info like this is never old or outdated. The pioneers move in waves.
    Yes, I understand. Even though this guy starts breathing on crystals with intentions of love. The value comes from the fact he is a scientist who spent 27 years working for IBM and was involved in creating liquid quartz technology. His huge knowledge of the science behind crystals and that he maintains the scientific approach is the differentiation that I see, between this guy being worth taking note of and being a hopeful flake.
    And yes he indeed says he will never reach the end of the investigation in his life time and considers he is laying the ground work for others to continue. Many of the aha moments I had were I guess linkages with other topics from elsewhere. Like JLL mentioning the lack of the ability for an Archon to breathe, the history of the mention of The Breath.
    Interesting times continue.

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (2nd December 2017), Dreamtimer (1st December 2017), Dumpster Diver (2nd December 2017), Elen (2nd December 2017), modwiz (1st December 2017), Wind (1st December 2017)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    That's better, I just had a shower. While there I had a thought to add what I largely get from Marcel Vogel and why I remembered about that presentation in relation to Elen's post. Because I too, as I have said before, don't have the data allocation or time to watch huge lengths and lists of video.

I have for an age been saying the exact same things regards AI not being actually capable of being autonomous life forms or however we want to list it. In stating this opinion, I am constantly told I am wrong or should fear A.I by all kinds of people. So naturally I agreed with the message from John Lash, but he is not the originator of that concept of thinking, for me anyway. I think most people who are mindful and observant probably understand within themselves, the same considerations.
    So this fellow, Vogel, spends nearly 3 decades working with Earth elements like quartz to make machines. Elements supplied by the Earth. And he eventually gives it up after deciding that the science and circuitry already exists within humans. The interaction with quartz being like training wheels for these ages, but he deduces that all of the technology he was working on are simple toys compared to the power humans possess.
    That is essentially the main point to be had, with all the other little crumbs in between.

We can all be guilty of thinking there is nothing new, or more so thinking we know all that there is. And it can be both wise and foolish, depending on our moods. As I get older I find myself becoming more impatient with things I make presumptions about. A few weeks back someone tried to accuse me of "being naive", that I took as a compliment, for the alternative is limiting of oneself, as we see time and time again. It is also from what I see, a male thing. The cantankerous old man syndrome. Because of my upbringing I am aware of trying to avoid it as much as possible, but also know it is in my genes somewhat. Over my life so far I have learned things from all ages. I especially try to make time for people who have absolutely no knowledge of my field of expertise, because those types can often come up with things which I had never thought of. It's a dance of course, a dance that I would again use as an example as to why it would be near impossible to program a machine to replicate. We often learn the most by going down wrong paths and then realising our mistakes. It is not a binary action of inclusion vs exclusion. We can reprogramme, overwrite, reformat, switch partitions, get caught up in an emotion that turns out to be the only route to a solution or a dead end awarding a lesson. It is all exciting really, I do have to remind myself not to become too serious (sirius) about it.

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (2nd December 2017), Dreamtimer (1st December 2017), Dumpster Diver (2nd December 2017), Elen (2nd December 2017), modwiz (1st December 2017)