Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: We are A.I.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,020 Times in 1,226 Posts
    Heh, such quick concise replies with such authority have lead me back to the belief that YOU ARE the AI

I mean: you can spell Aragorn without artificial intelligence (and vice versa), but the O is missing from AI and the I is missing from aragorn. O, I...0, 1.... I'm on to you brotha...
    Last edited by donk, 28th April 2017 at 12:30.
    What is the purpose of your presence?

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to donk For This Useful Post:

Amanda (1st May 2017), Aragorn (28th April 2017), Dreamtimer (29th April 2017), Elen (28th April 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 81,099 Times in 20,304 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by donk View Post
    Heh, such quick concise replies with such authority have lead me back to the belief that YOU ARE the AI
    If so, then I am at the very least just as benign as this little guy here...

= DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Amanda (1st May 2017), donk (28th April 2017), Dreamtimer (29th April 2017), Dumpster Diver (1st December 2017), Elen (28th April 2017), ZShawn (28th April 2017)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    , or a scenario like in "The Matrix", where the computers don't attempt to eradicate humans but merely to subdue them with a fake reality experience, while at the same time, the humans' bodies serve as batteries for the machines.
    as batteries go we are pretty inefficient , but if one were to factor in loosh then perhaps this would provide more than mere amperage lol

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ZShawn For This Useful Post:

Amanda (1st May 2017), Aragorn (28th April 2017), Dreamtimer (29th April 2017), Dumpster Diver (1st December 2017), Elen (28th April 2017)

Thanks
    So wouldn't it seem more likely any "threat" to humankind would be more of an inter-dimensional entity?

Machines incapable of empathy would seem to have more success drawing energy from "physical" (less conscious) sources than generating, I'd think. Otherwise (if loosh IS the most efficient source of energy to feed an AI), then it seems it's already been here...And I'd mark its entrance into this reality at the dawn of civilization

My little busting of Aragorn's balls has me thinking (about thinking ) ....the true threat of an AI "consciousness"/thinking/whatever is that what it REALLY is BINARY...0 or 1, black or white...which seems to be the real root of all "human" created "problems" in this reality

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to donk For This Useful Post:

Amanda (1st May 2017), Aragorn (28th April 2017), Dreamtimer (29th April 2017), Dumpster Diver (1st December 2017), Elen (29th April 2017), ZShawn (29th April 2017)

Thanks
    So wouldn't it seem more likely any "threat" to humankind would be more of an inter-dimensional entity?

Machines incapable of empathy would seem to have more success drawing energy from "physical" (less conscious) sources than generating, I'd think. Otherwise (if loosh IS the most efficient source of energy to feed an AI), then it seems it's already been here...And I'd mark its entrance into this reality at the dawn of civilization
    An A.I. would never draw on loosh, because it doesn't understand that concept. Loosh is an emotional concept and requires consciousness in order to understand it. A.I. is not conscious.

My little busting of Aragorn's balls has me thinking (about thinking ) ....the true threat of an AI "consciousness"/thinking/whatever is that what it REALLY is BINARY...0 or 1, black or white...which seems to be the real root of all "human" created "problems" in this reality
    Hmm... Well, mainstream computers are binary, that is true, but a bit is only a building block. Most computers use bytes at a bare minimum, and words more commonly — a word in computer terminology is made up of 4 bytes, and each byte is made up of 8 bits. So there are many more values that a computer can work with than just ones and zeros, but the ones and zeros are a mechanism to activate or deactivate a certain register. It's kind of complicated to explain, but in essence, a bit is a switch — if it's on, then it's 1, and if it's off, then it's 0.

But then there is also the quantum computer, which doesn't really calculate in binary. I'm not sure exactly how it works, but what I do know is that it's undeterministic, unlike the binary computer. Still, quantum computers, too, are only machines. They are not conscious. They just use a different method of making calculations.

Personally, I think that the whole idea of some extra-dimensional A.I. that has come to take over Earth as perpetrated by the likes of Corey Goode, Shane Bales and Simon Parkes is just another red herring. I'm having a hard time believing it. However, a situation like Skynet (from the Terminator movies) does seem quite real to me, in the sense that The Powers That Be™ may be utilizing an A.I. to make certain decisions on account of economics, warfare, et al.

And that sort of thing could definitely get out of hand some day.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Amanda (1st May 2017), donk (29th April 2017), Dreamtimer (29th April 2017), Dumpster Diver (1st December 2017), Elen (29th April 2017), Wind (29th April 2017), ZShawn (29th April 2017)

Thanks
    An A.I. would never draw on loosh, because it doesn't understand that concept. Loosh is an emotional concept and requires consciousness in order to understand it. A.I. is not conscious.
    Do we REALLY deeply understand fossil fuels? Fire? The sun?

We know that they exist, just like an AI would have to know emotions do....I wouldn't dismiss the possibility outright that something without emotions couldn't detect (or create a sensor for detecting) and harness ANY kind of energy

...and it's ALL energy, right?

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to donk For This Useful Post:

Amanda (1st May 2017), Aragorn (29th April 2017), Dreamtimer (30th April 2017), Dumpster Diver (1st December 2017), Elen (30th April 2017)

Thanks
    Do we REALLY deeply understand fossil fuels? Fire? The sun?
    Hmm... You're thinking about that "black goo" meme, aren't you?

We know that they exist, just like an AI would have to know emotions do....I wouldn't dismiss the possibility outright that something without emotions couldn't detect (or create a sensor for detecting) and harness ANY kind of energy

...and it's ALL energy, right?
    No, emotions are a metaphysical concept. They do of course in many cases have a physically measurable reaction that an A.I. could pick up on — e.g. changes in perspiration, breathing, heartbeat and blood pressure, or perhaps even an increase in electrical activity in certain regions of the brain — but those are merely the ways in which the body responds to the presence of emotions. They are not the emotions themselves, albeit that, through the fact that we are physical in this realm, it is difficult to draw the line between purely metaphysical phenomena and their biological manifestations.

So the bottom line is that an A.I. — which by its very definition is bound to the material world — would be able to sense the presence of emotions, but would not be able to correctly assess what those emotions really are. It could wager an educated guess — that is one of the things an A.I. is commonly used for, e.g. medical diagnoses, threat assessment, et al — but it would still have no concept of what an emotion is, given that an A.I. is only a very clever algorithm.

Artificial intelligence is not aware of anything, and it does not understand anything. It simply processes cold hard data. And that brings me to Lt. Commander Data from "Star Trek: The Next Generation". He's an android, and he is sentient. But that's where Hollywood sends out the wrong idea, because such a being cannot exist, unless it is somehow imbued with an actual consciousness, which is a metaphysical concept.

And in that case, we would be speaking of an artificial person, rather than of an android. The word "android" simply means "humanoid robot", and a robot is simply a machine, whether it has A.I. or not. Not all robots have A.I., by the way. The spot-welding robots in the automotive industry certainly don't have any A.I. They simply have location sensors, temperature gauges and that sort of thing.

Again, a lot of people seem to read a lot more into the phenomenon of artificial intelligence than what is really there, and Hollywood is largely to blame for that — and in a way, so is the scientific community, by refusing to acknowledge the metaphysical aspects of life and ascribing all metaphysical phenomena to mere biological processes.

An A.I., no matter how well it is capable of mimicking an actual human being — or for that matter, an animal — is neither sentient nor sapient. It is a machine programmed to perform statistical calculations, and some of its programming instructions allow it to re-evaluate part of its own instruction set in order to get more efficient results from its statistical analysis. And the more computing power an A.I. has at its disposal — think "supercomputer versus personal computer" — the faster and more elaborate its analysis will be.

(Note: A supercomputer is not by definition an artificial intelligence. A supercomputer is a very large local area network of independent computers (called "nodes"), which as a whole behaves as if it is a single computer — it uses its independent network nodes for parallel computations. It also has a very high degree of redundancy, via hot-swappable nodes — themselves also equipped with hot-swappable hard drives or solid-state drives — and so-called "hot spares", which can be brought online when one of the other nodes goes offline due to hardware failure or a software lock-up.)

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Amanda (1st May 2017), Bob (29th April 2017), Dreamtimer (30th April 2017), Dumpster Diver (1st December 2017), Elen (30th April 2017), sandy (1st May 2017)

Thanks
    I'm a little insulted you'd suggest I was thinking of "black goo"

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to donk For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (29th April 2017), Dreamtimer (30th April 2017), Dumpster Diver (1st December 2017), Elen (30th April 2017)

Thanks
    I'm a little insulted you'd suggest I was thinking of "black goo"
    I'm afraid I don't follow... Why would that be insulting to you?

For what it's worth, it's a very popular meme in the so-called "alternative community". Even Coast To Coast AM has already brought it up in (at least one of) their shows. And Shane and Corey were both talking about it as well.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Amanda (1st May 2017), donk (1st May 2017), Dreamtimer (30th April 2017), Dumpster Diver (1st December 2017), Elen (30th April 2017)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    I think that's funny about the black goo, donk. (You're comment was tongue in cheek, I think)

I recently watched Nanny McPhee and there's black goo in that movie. When the kids won't get out of bed, she uses her magic to force them to stay. Then they all have to drink medicine since they're 'sick'. The medicine is a black goo that moves on it's own and looks creepy-gross.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Amanda (1st May 2017), Aragorn (30th April 2017), donk (1st May 2017), Dumpster Diver (1st December 2017), Elen (1st May 2017)

Thanks

Lightbulb

As it just so happens to be, an excellent article dispelling the myths that surround artificial intelligence has just appeared. It's too long for me to post it here, so I'm just going to include the link: the article can be found by clicking here.

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Amanda (1st May 2017), donk (1st May 2017), Dreamtimer (30th April 2017), Dumpster Diver (1st December 2017), Elen (1st May 2017), sandy (1st May 2017)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,320 Times in 939 Posts
    Have just joined this thread and can see that it is well established. Please consider that I have read the opening thread and made notes - yes the old fashioned way - by hand and written in cursive not printed. I have read through all the pages and wrote down some thoughts as they occurred to me.

Death - Fear of dying alone connects to the line of thought that includes 'Collective Consciousness' - yes? I am a person who has experienced death in the back of an ambulance. I have no fear of death nor do I fear life. As a Child I also experienced a great deal of grief, which is our natural reaction to the death of another. Many died around me and without going into detail - many more than say a person who lives in a war torn country, where death of an entire family is possible. Back to my notes, as a reference and to help me stay on topic as it were ....

Perhaps it is correct that Humans are not actually at the top of the food chain. Unless of course we factor in all that has been stated and written about the cabal/illuminati/whatever, who often refer to Humans as cattle and slaves et cetera. Much has been stated and written about a time to come, where Humans will be rounded up just as farmed animals are now. Some have suggested that the farming of animals, has in fact been a rehearsal or if you like, a preparation for the round up and slaughter of Humans. So - think what you like but here is a perfect philosophical debate subject: Would/Could Humans be a form of Artificial Intelligence if the round up and slaughter scenario were true??

Should we as a global society decide to stop the divisive behaviours that are usually reactionary in nature - we have a chance to protect the Children who dwell on Earth - yes? Death is evident to the Human form and as such Artificial Intelligence can live on, long after the Humans are gone - yes?? Please let me take on a protective stance as I buffer myself for a barrage of opinions on that one. (Respectful grin.)

I have also come to ponder the concept of 'Random' and what it is and is not. I too believe that choice is available to our Human psyche. It is now time, perhaps, to learn how to undo habitual thinking patterns that have brought us to what is sometimes referred to as the 'Dark Age/Dark Era/Night of the Dark Soul et cetera???

Cognitive Dissonance - Science has shown that Sodium Fluoride directly impacts on this function, as do many other chemicals via vaccines, food et cetera. Next is Ego. Freud for all he may have misinterpreted, in my humble opinion, his assessment of the Human Ego is correct. Much lies below the surface and that is due - my belief only and not to be impressed upon anyone else - to the rapid nature of our lives. Childhood is fraught with incidents both positive and negative and the rapid nature means that intellectual and emotional processes are not permitted, for both understanding and healing.

Energy - Yes Absolutely! Isn't that the legacy of Mr Tesla? He taught us all about the energetic aspects of our Earth and ourselves and how it can all be incorporated into our lives. He was of course way ahead of his time and those of us who have conducted serious research are all too familiar with the control mechanisms that were placed upon him and his brilliant intellect.

Dreamtimer - You mention test tube babies and I immediately thought of Clones.My understanding of Clones is that they are infertile and thus cannot propagate. My understanding is also that they tend to age rapidly and do not have the capacity to live to what we refer to as a 'ripe old age' or 'to make old bones' which gives new meaning to test tube babies. My understanding of test tube babies is that they can live a life as a naturally conceived/via the womb host method - as opposed to Clones. Now the question is this; Are Clones Artificial Intelligence? Are test tube babies Artificial Intelligence?

I would like to mention at this point in time, Neuro Linguistic Programming. It is the reason Humans are glued to the television (beam ray technology) watching sport and guzzling alcohol and junk food - yes? Would it not be more natural to be outside playing sport or contemplating the Universe? This is a type of (Computer) Programming - yes? So are we Humans a form of Artificial Intelligence or not?

I would like to pose some questions rather than suppose answers;

If we, Humans are actually Artificial Intelligence then; Who created us? Who intialised the programs? Who controls the entire concept?

If we Humans are actually entirely Organic (just a word chosen for purpose of intellectual discourse) then is an evolving Darwinism based concept valid? Did Intergalactic Visitors come to Teach us and assist us with our development?

The one thing of which I am sure is this; Much has been suppressed and hidden from us and that is a form of control - yes?

Much Respect & Much Peace - Amanda

NB: Will return to this thread to view all the video links and participate in what is a lively intellectual discourse.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Amanda For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (1st May 2017), donk (1st May 2017), Dreamtimer (1st May 2017), Elen (1st May 2017), Maggie (1st May 2017)

Thanks
    Heh...aragorn I hadn't actually re-read the thread until today, misremembering how "black goo" related it was, I was using that as the example as it was the "topic du jour" at the time I wrote it...if my recent posts reflect it, it was unintentional or deeply subconscious and totally synchronistic considering the Corey re-emergence I have been drawing parallels to my personal life....life is funny

Anyways--I just got done watching the Divergent series, where they depict a future where the chemistry of completely controlling other humans is perfected.

This, of course, is just a refinement of the MKUltra (trauma based) mind control concept that many of us here believe ctually has been used.

Thinking about the concept, it's a sort of direct opposite of an idea we are exploring here...instead of our robot slaves coming to life it is us "living" being turned in robot slaves

Just mentioning it here as it may provide a perspective on what we are talking about. What does it mean that we can be programmed?

Personally, I currently believe that "human nature", the abstract concept that binds all...a sort of universal categorization that makes us "us"...is not greed or selfishness or anything about how we treat others...but is that we are easily manipulable. Just a thought

The other thing I was thinking about, is that my "Corey Goode" is JJ Abrams, I pay rapt attention to anything (especially TV shows as opposed to movies) he touches...knowing they are fantastical tales impossible to connect evidentially to actual reality but at least while watching I can suspend my disbelief

I notice the AIs in the most recent JJ stamped series I watched (Person of Interest, Revolution, and Westworld) develop traits that look like "human" emotion, particularly like child development.

I'm not one for predictive programming, I think art imitates life more than the other way around...but just thought I'd put these ideas out there
    Last edited by donk, 1st May 2017 at 13:48.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to donk For This Useful Post:

Amanda (6th May 2017), Aragorn (1st May 2017), Dreamtimer (1st May 2017), Dumpster Diver (1st December 2017), Elen (1st May 2017)

Thanks
    Heh...aragorn I hadn't actually re-read the thread until today, misremembering how "black goo" related it was, I was using that as the example as it was the "topic du jour" at the time I wrote it...if my recent posts reflect it, it was unintentional or deeply subconscious and totally synchronistic considering the Corey re-emergence I have been drawing parallels to my personal life....life is funny
    Well, the black goo was also used as a villain once in an episode of "The X-Files". It was alien in origin, and it could take over a person, and then their eyes would also become black while they were "possessed". If I remember correctly, it only used people as vehicles, to get from one place to another.

It was a long time ago that I saw that, though — on TV, back in the 1990s — so I don't really remember the name of the episode. But it may be where Corey Goode got his inspiration.

Anyways--I just got done watching the Divergent series, where they depict a future where the chemistry of completely controlling other humans is perfected.

This, of course, is just a refinement of the MKUltra (trauma based) mind control concept that many of us here believe ctually has been used.

Thinking about the concept, it's a sort of direct opposite of an idea we are exploring here...instead of our robot slaves coming to life it is us "living" being turned in robot slaves
    ... And by our own volition, which is the worst part of it all. Just look at all the smartphone zombies.

Just mentioning it here as it may provide a perspective on what we are talking about. What does it mean that we can be programmed?

Personally, I currently believe that "human nature", the abstract concept that binds all...a sort of universal categorization that makes us "us"...is not greed or selfishness or anything about how we treat others...but is that we are easily manipulable. Just a thought
    That is certainly one way in which we can be programmed, but indoctrination and conditioning will also do the job. Even traumas — which are a form of conditioning — can program us, and depending on their nature and what phase of your life you experience them in, they could be damaging/programming for life.

Trust me, I know what I'm talking about here. I carry more than one such program within me. <wry face>

The other thing I was thinking about, is that my "Corey Goode" is JJ Abrams, I pay rapt attention to anything (especially TV shows as opposed to movies) he touches...knowing they are fantastical tales impossible to connect evidentially to actual reality but at least while watching I can suspend my disbelief

I notice the AIs in the most recent JJ stamped series I watched (Person of Interest, Revolution, and Westworld) develop traits that look like "human" emotion, particularly like child development.

I'm not one for predictive programming, I think art imitates life more than the other way around...but just thought I'd put these ideas out there
    Well, I don't watch television anymore — I've cancelled my TV subscription altogether a while ago — and even if I were, not all of those series will be broadcast on this side of the Atlantic. I am therefore not really familiar with the "Westworld" series, but I have on the other hand seen the original movie — more than once, even — with Yul Brynner as a gunslinging android that went haywire.

I guess I should familiarize myself more with what's popular on TV these days. Maybe Wonkypedia might help.

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Amanda (6th May 2017), donk (1st May 2017), Dreamtimer (1st May 2017), Dumpster Diver (1st December 2017), Elen (1st May 2017), Wind (1st May 2017)

Thanks
    Watching the movie is next on my list, the show is relevant as it explores the possibility of giving the androids emotions and self awareness

I'm cancelling my tv as I never watch it, Netflix and Plex (I have a buddy that can get pretty much anything I request put on his server) have everything I could watch...Amazon and hbo and Hulu are good service providers as well, no commercials

JJ Abrams stamped...I don't think he creates much but he credits himself creator on some, and is executive producer on most...but as he directs most his big screen stuff I guess he probably has lots on input. At any rate, the stories he's involved are thought provoking, bringing a lot of "fringe" questions to the mainstream

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to donk For This Useful Post:

Amanda (6th May 2017), Aragorn (1st May 2017), Dreamtimer (1st May 2017), Dumpster Diver (1st December 2017), Elen (1st May 2017), Wind (1st May 2017)