Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mr. Robot

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,746 Times in 571 Posts
    Hey, take a look at this...could be we're headed for bigger things in the future and all these exercises are merely practice runs.

US Agency in Charge of Power Grid and Nukes Keeps Getting Breached
    http://www.infowars.com/us-agency-in...ting-breached/

"The US Department of Energy (DOE), which oversees the US power grid, nuclear arsenal and national science labs, is a prime target for cyberattackers who want to harm the United States.

Now we are beginning to glimpse the extent of the threat, thanks to unclassified records obtained through a Freedom of Information Act request by USA Today.

The government records show cyberattackers successfully compromised the DOE 159 times between October 2010 and October 2014, and attacked the agency a total of 1131 times during that period.

USA Today reports that 53 of the successful attacks were root compromises, meaning the attackers had administrator privileges on compromised DOE computer systems."

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Divine Feminine For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (18th September 2015), bsbray (16th September 2015), Dreamtimer (14th September 2015), JByas (14th September 2015)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Seems they are more vulnerable than they want everyone to know
    Its really funny with ALL the alphabet agencies and surveillance put into place that the back door keeps getting kicked in

"See look , you claim to be protecting America and it's infrastructure... but you cant even protect yourself"

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JByas For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (18th September 2015), bsbray (16th September 2015), Divine Feminine (14th September 2015), Dreamtimer (14th September 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    I was thinking that too Jbyas....which to me makes everything else seem even more scripted. Like we're suppose to believe all that's going on is by accident?

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Divine Feminine For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (18th September 2015), bsbray (16th September 2015), JByas (14th September 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,020 Times in 1,226 Posts
    SPOILER ALERT

The thing that bothers me about Mr. Robot is that the goal of fsociety is to destroy all debt, it’s basically preparing us for “jubilee”, a reset of the system….it used to be what I hoped for most, but I’ve come to think is the worst possible outcome: same sh!t, different toilet. I dunno…it brings a lot of great ideas into the collective consciousness, but is still locked into civilization’s religion of money being god…unimaginable to arrange our lives without. Maybe it is….ugh.

What I was really thinking about is this though….the movie Chappie has my babe wanting a pet AI. Which made me think about Extant, where the first AI introduced is the designer’s “son”…supposedly loved and capable of loving. Not sure how I feel about that, especially as the other two AI types we meet in the show is the soldier (humanity’s only hope against the alien threat) and the supercomputer, that went from being in charge of homeland security advisement to going rogue, becoming the super villain.

The ETs in the show are “spores”, with mind control and telepathic ability, who at first killed the human hosts to spawn hybrids so that their race may continue. Since they are so advanced they are of course peaceful at heart (except for a rogue faction of them) they manage to find a way to not kill their hosts, and ultimately gain sympathy of some humans.

Of course the highest level of government/homeland security as human survival in mind, so the seemingly ruthless tactics are of course the necessary evil of human benevolence. Oh the memes……..what’s to come?
    What is the purpose of your presence?

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to donk For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (18th September 2015), bsbray (16th September 2015), Divine Feminine (18th September 2015), JByas (16th September 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    A cooperative, peaceful system would be made of local nodes with little overarching authority.

Authority is our problem. I recently heard someone say that power doesn't corrupt, it's the corrupt who seek power. There seems to be a great truth there.

So, don't give corruption the architecture to seize power.

Like giving up money, giving up a structure with authority is a huge reach for most of us.

It means we have to rely on ourselves and trust each other.

If our systems do fail the last thing we want is a 'reset'. That's the setup.

I guess what we want is a boot up of a new system.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (18th September 2015), bsbray (16th September 2015), Divine Feminine (18th September 2015), donk (15th September 2015), JByas (16th September 2015)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    A cooperative, peaceful system would be made of local nodes with little overarching authority.

Authority is our problem. I recently heard someone say that power doesn't corrupt, it's the corrupt who seek power. There seems to be a great truth there.

So, don't give corruption the architecture to seize power.

Like giving up money, giving up a structure with authority is a huge reach for most of us.

It means we have to rely on ourselves and trust each other.

If our systems do fail the last thing we want is a 'reset'. That's the setup.

I guess what we want is a boot up of a new system.

Any ideas on a incorruptible system?

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JByas For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (18th September 2015), bsbray (16th September 2015), Divine Feminine (18th September 2015), Dreamtimer (17th September 2015)

(account terminated) United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,648 Times in 2,895 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    Yes, I like this variation on the old saying too. Some of the most fair and capable Roman empires in history did not forcibly seize the throne or inherit it from family members, but were appointed meritocratically by the out-going emperor, simply because they were felt to be mature and level-headed enough to make good use of the office. Marcus Aurelius was one of these emperors and he's probably known better today for his philosophical writing than his role as emperor.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bsbray For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (18th September 2015), Divine Feminine (18th September 2015), JByas (17th September 2015)

Thanks
    JByas, I can only look to some of the American Indian cultures, in particular the Six Nations. They had a very long (longer than our historians give them credit for) history of peace. Not only were there six nations joined together, all the smaller nations surrounding them were allied. It was a huge confederation. And it was peaceful.

One of the keys to that was the inclusion of women in warmaking. They made the ultimate decision because it was their sons going to war. Also, the people respected their elders and the wisdom they held. They passed on leadership as bsbray described, to those felt to be level-headed, mature, experienced, etc.

As I'm sure you know, our constitution was inspired by and modeled on their own.

We do have the truth and answers in our own backyard.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (18th September 2015), Divine Feminine (18th September 2015), JByas (17th September 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    I don't know if this is the place to post, but it is tied into the timing of Mr. Robot's theme.......could this be possible? Is this part of the game? Will we really see anything happen? This is the first article I've seen that shows any movement or possible enforcement on the horizon......

"I can say with some degree of certainty now that a very large number of academics, law enforcement agencies, and financial compliance consultants are now joined, as one, in their total condemnation of significant elements of the global banking sector for their organized criminal activities.

Many banks are widely identified now as nothing more than enterprise criminal organizations, who engage in widespread criminal practice and dishonest conduct as a matter of course and deliberate commercial policy."

Bankers Will Be Jailed In The Next Financial Crisis
    Lots and lots of bankers

http://www.infowars.com/bankers-will...ancial-crisis/

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Divine Feminine For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (18th September 2015), Dreamtimer (18th September 2015), JByas (18th September 2015)

Thanks
    Keep your third eye open,We shall see...

20. The Following User Says Thank You to JByas For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (18th September 2015)

Retired Member Netherlands
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,496 Times in 1,190 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by JByas View Post
    Keep your third eye open,We shall see...
    In the land of the blind, the three eyed man is king!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Outlander For This Useful Post:

JByas (19th September 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    I just watched the entire first season of this after seeing it recommend on here. I'm shocked at how great it was. One of the best shows I've seen in awhile. Thanks for the suggestion!

24. The Following User Says Thank You to bstuart For This Useful Post:

JByas (20th September 2015)

Thanks
    Glad to hear it bstuart, I'm shocked to see that type of narrative presented to mass consciousness in primetime tv

Thanks
    I finally had the chance to watch the first episode of this show and really liked it. I may get to see more in a of couple days.

Miss you, JByas. Come by and visit...

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (15th April 2016), RikkiTikkiTavi (16th April 2016)