Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Awaken into Oneness - interview

Thanks
    Thanked 35,447 Times in 10,157 Posts
    This as far as meditations go, is viral atm.
    am doing this at least once a day, usually first thing in morn

Last edited by Elen, 2nd November 2017 at 09:22.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (7th November 2017), Elen (2nd November 2017), GraceKB (17th April 2018), modwiz (23rd September 2018), TimeSensitive (2nd November 2017)

Thanks

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (4th February 2018), Elen (4th February 2018), modwiz (23rd September 2018)

Thanks

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (18th April 2018), Elen (11th April 2018), modwiz (23rd September 2018)

Thanks
    This is now in the top 300 tedx vids, she and a crew are travelling I hear, teaching n travelling.

Last edited by Aianawa, 10th May 2018 at 06:13.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (18th April 2018), Elen (17th April 2018), modwiz (23rd September 2018)

Thanks
    Now in the top 165, is very good indeed

Quote Originally posted by Aianawa View Post
    This is now in the top 300 tedx vids, she and a crew are travelling I hear, teaching n travelling.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (10th May 2018), Elen (10th May 2018), modwiz (23rd September 2018)

Thanks
    This from the travelling >

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (6th June 2018), Elen (6th June 2018), modwiz (23rd September 2018)

Thanks

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (23rd September 2018), Elen (23rd September 2018), modwiz (23rd September 2018)

Thanks
    Have heard of this big bad lake episode but not the story and what was behind it, spose knowing the biggest problem to solve in our world allows the fix. >

Ananda Giri The Radical Thinker

Posted on August 31, 2014 | Views: 3608

by Ananda Giri: It is true that we cannot continue with our same old habitual ways of thinking and expect our lives to be very different.

Can we? Is not all our inner suffering, (suffering experienced as fear, hurt, anxiety, disappointment, anger, guilt, etc) a result of our way of thinking? Fear or insecurity is the outcome of a particular way of thinking and so is every other disturbing emotion. If we really cared about changing our life and making a difference to the world we live in, it is essential that we act from a different state of being. A new state of being can only result from a whole new way of thinking. Our consciousness is dependent on our thinking.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that created them.” – Albert Einstein

Now comes the big question, how does one transform one’s thinking?

We know it is possible for us to move into enjoyable states or transcendental experiences through meditation or through other forms of spiritual practice but do transcendental experiences really transform the way we think? As long as we are immersed in that intoxicating state, everything looks just fine and we have nothing to complain about, but eventually that state will be gone. Nothing lasts forever and we know that. Impermanence is the nature of every perceivable object and experience in this known universe and any glorified state of consciousness is no exception to this law. Any experience, whether mundane or transcendental cannot last forever and this is the law of our universe.

When that beautiful experience has finally left us, there is every likelihood that we will return to our old ways of thinking with the same old habitual reactions to life’s challenges. We would be back to where we were; experiencing those inner conflicts and suffering once again. At this point of time we are driven to believe that the only solution to our suffering is to return to that glorified spiritual experience. We then become very obsessed with our newfound spiritual experience. Very little do we realize that through this new obsession, all we did was to add one more suffering to our already existing list of sufferings. Obsession is suffering. Of course, to some of us this new spiritual obsession can become a convenient distraction from other disturbing issues in life.

I know this to be true because i have seen it happen to me and I believe that many spiritual seekers like myself could be experiencing the same. I can say with certainty that trying to hold on to a particular transcendental experience is a futile exercise and will lead you nowhere but to greater suffering. I have had many mystical experiences myself but the one question I had failed to ask in all those previous years of my life was, ‘did all these intoxicating transcendental moments actually transform the foundations of my thinking?’

Am I no longer interested in those higher states of consciousness? Of course, I would love for those beautiful moments to happen again and I feel deeply grateful when they happen. The difference is, I now know that they are only passing moments and will not stay with me forever. It is In a sense liberating to know this; you are no longer obsessed with them. Although I must say that when you have stopped obsessing about them, there is a greater likelihood to connect with those transcendental moments more often.

Everyone has a turning point and mine came in the form of an accidental conversation with a remarkably honest man. I was forced to bring attention to my thinking, which had only changed marginally despite all my years of profound transcendental experiences. It was a disturbing truth but truth nonetheless. I was at the beginning a little reluctant to let go of my attachment to all those spiritual experiences and the self created meanings and purpose I had derived from those transcendental moments. I did not want the conversation to go any deeper but I was already too deep into it for me to pull out now. I had to let go of my guard, give myself an opportunity to be a little vulnerable and it was a new beginning for me.

I was forced to question myself, ‘how do I call myself a seeker if all I care is to preserve my own points of view? How do I call myself a seeker if all I do in the name of learning is to reaffirm my own long held perceptions? How do I call myself a seeker if all I do is conveniently interpret the other to validate my own understanding? Why was I so terrified of letting go of the world I knew? I had no right to call myself a seeker in that case. I would then be just another pleasure seeker in search of security, merely interested in preserving the so-called truth that I have become attached to.

Isn’t spiritual wisdom and practice supposed to guide us to freedom?

Shouldn’t a seeker be relentless in one’s quest for freedom?

Shouldn’t a seeker be willing to discard his/her attachment to a particular point of view? If i called myself a seeker, I suppose I had to be willing to do it.

Was I ready to do it? Frankly I wasn’t sure but fortunately I had this man who was relentless in stripping me down all the way to freedom. I very gladly permitted him to do so as I was already beginning to sense something bigger coming my way, much larger than the pleasure experienced in certainty. If we cannot challenge our own points of view, may be we should let someone do it for us.

It was a turning point for certain but still only a turning point and not a point of no return. At least that is what I had understood by the time our conversation had come to a close. I realized the importance of bringing awareness to one’s thinking and the need for a whole new way of thinking if we are to hope for a new transformed world. I felt humbled. I was beginning to learn. Interacting with this man, I realized the utter simplicity of freedom; an experience born in awareness that needs no glorification. Looking at this man you find a new faith in awareness & freedom itself.

This conversation had a profound impact on me and I trust that it will do the same for you if you made yourself a little vulnerable.

I had known this man Krishnaji for more than twenty years at the time of this conversation. I always admired him for his sense of fearlessness & a refusal to project something that he was not. I had as well developed a deep liking for his thought provoking commentaries on life and purpose. He looked at things differently from most others I knew; he was radical in many ways. But the man I met with that evening at Walt Disney’s theme park in Anaheim sounded more radical than anything I could have imagined.

He had taken his daughter Lokaa to Disney Land in California to share with her the celestial experience of the “space mountain”, a popular ride In Disney’s theme park. She raves about the experience till date. I was in Northern California that weekend for a seminar and I was scheduled to return to Los Angeles that Monday to meet with Krishnaji and his family. Even as i turned on my iPhone just moments after my flight had landed in Los Angeles, I saw a text message pop up on my phone. It was from Krishnaji “take a cab and come over to Disney Land. We already have a ticket for you”. I got very excited seeing the message; it was always a delightful experience doing fun stuff together with him. After nearly an hour-long drive, I arrived at the Park and he was there at the security checkpoint to receive me. We ran in a hurry to the “space mountain”. They had already done the ride once that morning and they wanted to do it again with me. All this while, right from the moment I met with him at the security checkpoint, I could not stop noticing his deeply relaxed face. I hadn’t seen a face so relaxed before. It was as if every single muscle on his face had relaxed. His face had acquired the look of a distinctive quietness to it. While i didn’t notice anything different in his speech, his laughter appeared to have become more fuller than ever. I was pretty sure that something incredible must have happened to him during that weekend. I was very anxious to learn about what had happened but I decided to wait until the rides were done for the day. Disney’s gates closed, we walked to the parking lot and got in to our oversized SUV, which had three rows of seating. Lokaa and her friend took the very last row. Her mother Preethaji occupied the middle one. Krishnaji drove the car and I was seated next to him in the front. Lokaa was tired after an exhausting long day and she fell asleep right away.

We had a long drive home to Westwood and so I thought that this might be a good time to learn about what had happened. I asked & he shared and I must say that it was the most eventful drive in my life. I felt a spectrum of emotions race through me; frightened, thrilled, excited, desperate, happy and grateful. I contested his points of view and argued with him even as the much-glorified spiritual world I had known all these years was rapidly disappearing, leaving me with nothing to hold on to. I felt de-structured and it was a new beginning for me. Preethaji kept prompting me every once in a while not to distract him while driving but it was impossible not to continue with the conversation. I had to find out the realization that set him free.

In the year 2009, Krishnaji and Preethaji had accompanied their 5-year-old daughter Lokaa to the Big-Bear Lake near Los Angeles. Lokaa expressed a desire to jet-ski on the lake. And it was the first time they would all be jet-skiing. The jetski instructor at the lake was in a particularly sullen mood that day. Before he handed over the jet ski to them he gave them the option of either wearing the life jackets or not wearing them. After toying with the idea of not wearing the life jacket for a VERY few moments, krishnaji decided against it and he wore and he also made Preethaji and Lokaa wear the jackets. The instructor for whatever reasons told them that if the jet ski toppled by any chance they had to get it back upright within 7 minutes, else it would sink and hurriedly he showed them how to flip it back.

It’s a huge lake with waves in it and one could not really see the boundaries of it. Wanting to have fun after a few minutes krishnaji who was driving the Jet Ski took a sharp turn with it. And Suddenly, the jet ski toppled and everyone fell into the lake. The initial few moments were utterly chaotic and panic ridden, because Preethaji had inhaled & gulped huge amounts of water was struggling for breath. And after krishnaji and Preethaji bobbed up they saw lokaa too had come up, thanks to the life jackets. Krishnaji reached the jet ski that was now being carried away by the waves and tried to flip it back while it would not. And he recognized that none of their phones were working as they had got wet; so they were stranded in the middle of a lake that was snow fed, and was nearly 70 feet deep with the possibility of their jet ski sinking any moment. There was no one around to even call for help.

Krishnaji said they were the most agonizing moments for him to see Preetha ji struggling for breath and clinging to him and to see the shock registered on his 5 year old daughters face.

In Krishnaji’s own words, “My anger was mounting towards the jet ski instructor for not guiding us properly, for his careless attitude. There was immense fear. All kinds of thoughts were storming in my head: ‘what if something had happened to Preethaji and Lokaa? Is this karma, destiny or some negative energy that is looming over our family? Is this divinely planned to teach me some lesson?’ I was bombarding myself with all sorts of questions. ‘Is this negative karma? Is there a divine plan to all this?’- the only answer that kept coming to me again and again was, ‘I don’t know!’ I asked myself, ‘Is this meant to be?’ and the answer was ‘I am not sure. How do I even know if it is meant to be?’

In that moment while in the water with all these questions raging, he paused and asked himself why was he asking all these questions? Why were these questions not stopping? What was this suffering, this rage, this unbearable discomfort within? Suddenly it hit him – in his words, he said – “This anger was not towards someone else. I WAS ANGRY WITH MYSELF. This ceaseless unease and discomfort was because I was trying to avoid truth – the truth that I had been careless. That I had even for a few moments considered in my thoughts of going into the water without life jackets while Preetha ji and Lokaa did not know swimming and to think of what could have happened to my family. I was furious with myself for even having entertained that idea for a few moments in my head. His suffering had got him centered in himself. When he saw his self-centricity, he came to a place of choice or rather choice lessens. It was freedom

I saw the truth. I had been irresponsible. He said this total uncompromising acceptance of truth set him free. There was immense freedom and a deep stillness.

From that calm there was another question – ‘what am I supposed to learn from this situation? to which, the answer was, ‘You must learn how to drive the jet-ski properly and flip it back to normal in case it toppled!’ During this entire process of inward enquiry he had taken care that Preethaji and Lokaa were safely floating holding on to the Jet Ski. Because he had realized by then that the Jet Ski could not sink.

This inward process of enquiry was happening at an incredible speed and suddenly all he could see there was a confluence of several events. All he could see was that the man did not give us complete instructions and even if he did, in his excitement, he did not probably heed to the instructions to flip over the jet ski and hence they all had toppled. – All he could see time and again was that whatever had happened was a result of a confluence of several other happenings and so was every other experience or happening in life.

‘Is there a force, an intelligence behind all this?’ The answer was ‘How do I know if it is there or not and why does it matter?’ ‘Was it meant to be?’ He could not come to these conclusions any more. It was a very intense awareness inside him that was burning away everything that was baseless. He said, my mind could not take refuge in any idea, any belief, any assumption. It was ceaselessly cutting through every idea I had ever used for psychological comfort, for security. It could no more see meanings that were not obvious. In that relentless enquiry every form of conditioning that would ever hold me prisoner to suffering, to fear, to ignorance was being purged.

Now the journey had moved away from my individual life experience, it was for humanity. He saw in that moment that the more people look for a greater meaning; a spiritual concept to explain what was happening in their lives, suffering would live on in their minds, in their lives. The mind was asking all these questions about karma, destiny, higher intelligence etc. only in a desperate attempt to avoid truth, while truth alone can set anyone free.

Avoiding truth is to perpetuate suffering. And suffering is self centered. He saw the innumerable thinking structures we had created from this self-centricity.

His awareness was now vast, expansive. It had no limitations. He could see that every happening in the world was dependent on so many other happenings. The entire universe was dependently arising and ceasing and everything is connected to everything else. Life was coming together of innumerable factors. Death was coming together of innumerable factor. Birth was coming together of several factors. There was no death, there was no birth. Nothing arises or ceases by itself – this is all we see in the universe.

He realized that there was nothing like a separate you and me. There are no separate states of mind, no separate beings, no separate things, no separate events, no two separate forces. The entire universe is like one giant organism, one big process where everything is connected to everything else. There is no separate existence. All there is, is one process and in seeing that, I felt a profound sense of sacredness to everything. All he could see was “Brahman” or the indivisible cosmic reality timelessly changing forms. “A great freedom, an incredible sense of fearlessness arose in me. It felt like the deepest meditation – it couldn’t get better that that!”.

This entire journey happened in those 25 minutes, while he was in the lake with his family before help came. This flood of realizations, of ceaseless enquiry continued over the next few months with Preethaji, who not only happens to be his wife but also a great companion on his spiritual explorations. As Preethaji prodded, questioned, discussed and shared her own spiritual experiences and realizations, the core of One World Academy emerged.

What Krishnaji experienced in those few moments, was a timeless experience of freedom, of oneness, of one world, one consciousness. It is a state of being where there exists no division of any kind- physical, emotional, spiritual, religious, cultural or national. His insights and experiences have become paths, which when tread upon in awareness, could help anyone connect to the same timeless experience of One World Consciousness. In One World Consciousness you experience a connection, compassion and oneness with all life- you experience the sacred.

Dear goodness, what a ride that was! It was truly an eventful one.

How did I feel after this long bumpy ride? I felt de-structured. I felt free and the best thing, I didn’t care to preserve this freedom.

What did this brutally honest wise man teach me? HE TAUGHT ME HOW TO THINK. I now see the necessity of right thinking in order to live free

I was fourteen when i was first exposed to the teachings of a man named J.Krishnamurti, who in my opinion is the most radical teacher since the Buddha. I was introduced to his work in the school I studied and I took a deep admiration for his ruthless honesty in the way he lived and taught. I had then thought it would have been a great experience to have met with him in person. Today, I feel I am living with one. I feel very honored to have a friend and a guide like him although I must admit that it is quite challenging to be around him, as he would never allow you to get settled in to any idea.

I had to ask him one last question before we got off the car, “WHAT ABOUT GOD?” and his response was,

“No one can possible deny the presence of an intelligence. It is immanent in all we see. But to say that this intelligence has its own independent existence, I am not sure about that. An intelligence that is outside of and separate from what we see around us, such a God is not evident to me.”

The new Krishnaji I met with in Disney Land found it needless to take comfort in any view that is baseless. He questioned its actual relevance to human life. Freedom could never possibly be the outcome of a glorified idea. What would you call a person that refused to take refuge in any idea that appeared baseless; I would call him “THE RADICAL THINKER”.

Am I idolizing this man? I possibly cannot. He has taught me well.

Thank you!

Ananda Giri Senior Faculty Teacher at One World Academy
    Last edited by Dreamtimer, 27th September 2018 at 23:24.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (15th November 2018), Elen (28th September 2018), Melidae (28th September 2018), modwiz (27th September 2018)

Thanks
    A wise dasa from USA >

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (15th November 2018), Elen (16th November 2018), Emil El Zapato (22nd November 2018)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,661 Times in 1,264 Posts
    Hoorah For You, me, every ONE.....

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeGkkSXehFo

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (16th November 2018), Dreamtimer (16th November 2018), Elen (17th November 2018), Emil El Zapato (22nd November 2018)

Thanks
    Wow so cool, saw your post here and thought it would be a comment, then thought I will put the interview you posted of that dude today which I loved watching n listening n feeling to, only to see it posted by you, beautifullll.

Quote Originally posted by Maggie View Post
    Hoorah For You, me, every ONE.....

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeGkkSXehFo

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (16th November 2018), Elen (17th November 2018), Emil El Zapato (22nd November 2018), Maggie (16th November 2018)

Thanks
    Wow so cool, saw your post here and thought it would be a comment, then thought I will put the interview you posted of that dude today which I loved watching n listening n feeling to, only to see it posted by you, beautifullll.
    I love Joe Dispenza's help to be supernatural. I liked this article

A fully integrated human is in touch with their wholeness, whether good or bad, light or dark, ugly or beautiful. Balancing these energies can be counterintuitive. Integrating the whole leads to the holistic experience of self-actualization. But it’s not easy to achieve. It does not come naturally. Yet if we can practice such integration, no matter how counterintuitive, it can be the source of tremendous power and self-fulfillment. https://www.wakingtimes.com/2018/11/...volved-humans/
    There is some wonderful synchronicty happening. I have to share a story. April 1st 2017, a woman named Libby was going to stay with me briefly with her 3 cats and 2 dogs. The day she moved in, she went back to the house she was leaving and fell. She broke her femur and immediately was hospitalized, had surgery, went to rehab and then had to move in with her daughter who lives in West Virginia. I kept the animals here in Georgia.

n the next year, I had the dogs and one was a Yorkie(now 14 years old) named Charlie who was very challenging as he runs and escaped more than once. One day in the fall of 2017, I was at work and he escaped from the fence and went down the street where he was found by a shop owner who went with him to the locall gas station where a woman knew who he was and knew to call a woman named Jane who had been his original owner. Jane fetched him and then agreed to keep him. This was a life saver for me. What a chain of help and safety for him! I consider Charlie magical in the way things work for him.

Then a few months ago, I heard Charlie is now with a couple who devote themselves to him and feel he has been a "therapy" dog for them. I have changed jobs and no longer work in the same spa. One of the massage therapists who used to work with me, followed me to a new spa job. I was talking to her yesterday and since she has a Yorkie, I told her about Charlie. She knows about Charlie BECAUSE after I left the spa she was working with a client named Carol WHO ADOPTED HIM. The next interesting synchronicity is that I also know Carol and actually have her phone number.

In the meantime about Libby. She moved in with her daughter's family. Then last June, her daughter was diagnosed with cancer and 4 weeks ago died of the disease. Libby is desolate of course. In all the time since she left Blue Ridge, she never could come get her car. This morning she contaccted me to say her son in alw and grand daughters are going to bring her tomorrow which is Thanksgiving. Then Libby will stay with me briefly.

Because of all the recent synchronicity and the fact that I have Carol's number, I will take Libby to see Charlie on Sunday. This is adding to Libby's well being in a real way as she has had so much grief and seeing Charlie will make her feel better about where he is and that she never said goodbye when she was injured.

To me THESE strangely simple events that add up to GOOD are proof that the Universe is working in our favor OVER TIME. I have tremendous feelings of GRATITDE welling up for Thanksgiving. I always use this holiday to celebrate the reality of Good and my gratitude despite the cultural stuff that is advertised.
    Last edited by Maggie, 22nd November 2018 at 01:28.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd November 2018), Dreamtimer (22nd November 2018), Elen (22nd November 2018), Emil El Zapato (22nd November 2018)

Thanks
    Beautifullll share Maggie, thankyou.

Just out > another tedx from Preethaji > audio not great near end unfortunately

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (23rd November 2018), Elen (23rd November 2018)

Thanks
    Xlent, so enjoying listening atm >

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Elen (28th November 2018)

Thanks
    Xlent, so enjoying listening atm >
    I think we MUST be in the one-ly consciousness as I was just listening to this last night.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xt4SvvxTfZY

It reminded me of one "take" on the story of expulsion from the "Garden". This is MY take. In the "Garden" we were IN consciousness but not self conscious. Then to me the tree suggests a "possibility" of distingusihing between the poles and differentiating "good and evil". the serpent stands for an Invitation to act on the possibility by "eating" the apple. And the result was that the sense of nakedness represents an awareness of self.

But you can't be "there" in the garden with all this self cosnciousness because the garden in undifferentaited one-ness. So one must be expelled and the journey is all about the return to One-ness BUT it will be a whole-ly OTHER kind of consciousness due to all the paths of trial and suffering and redemption and grace experienced along the way. It is to ME really valuable that one has this journey and this IMO expands CONSCIOUSNESS thyself.

I may be mistaken but I do sincerely feel we have the choice NOW to experience walking intentionally on the path back to the garden KNOWING where we are headed. Also we can reconnect with CONSCIOUSNESS while embodied. AND if the garden of EDEN was a paradise, we were unaware of anything else. NOW I think we can be aware of paradise and act like we live in that garden by our own choice. IMO God is in our own core. Anatheism is know thyself.

I think Joni Mitchell was inspired.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aOGnVKWbwc
    Last edited by Maggie, 28th November 2018 at 15:06.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (20th February 2019), Dreamtimer (29th November 2018), Elen (29th November 2018), Emil El Zapato (20th February 2019)