Page 17 of 62 FirstFirst ... 71415161718192027 ... LastLast

Thread: When the Atlantis survivors wake up

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,318 Times in 5,067 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by bsbray View Post
    Can anyone here help me find a copy of Fomenko's "History: Science or Fiction?" volume 6? This is the one that ties into American history but I can't find volumes 5, 6 or 7 for sale anywhere online. I was thinking of calling the publisher and asking about it if they are really that hard to find.

Edit: Looks like the publisher may be out of business. Interesting huh?
    Me neither, I tried Amazon both US and UK and e-bay. Go figure? Have you tried Fomenko's own website?

This is what the publisher had to say at Amazon US:

From the Publisher
    Dear Reader,

The book `History: Fiction or Science?` is a premeditated crime against the community of historians committed by the prominent Russian mathematician Anatoly T. Fomenko. He shows no respect for the blood, sweat and tears of generations of learned scholars who toiled hard for the last three hundred years to erect a magnificent edifice of the Universal History of Humanity.

This mathematician shamelessly pokes hard astronomical data into the reader’s naked eye, raising the dust of valid statistics that distort the clear lines of history completely. Even the authority of school textbooks does not stop him from uttering blatant heresies: he infects millions of innocent souls with pain of doubt. Science can provide for a dangerous toy in irresponsible hands! This madness must be stopped! We implore historians to deploy all means of valid proof that they have at their disposal to destroy the absurd theory of A.T. Fomenko completely. Professional historians will easily surpass him both in method and logic. We are looking for a ¨Terminator3 historian who will put an end to this fresh scientific heresy.

No, Mr A.T. Fomenko, your theories are manifestly wrong; do not even try to convince us otherwise. The history never was, nor will it ever be a science - it is a proud profession. Our publishing house will gladly pay a premium of 10.000 dollars USA in cash to anyone who will prove with adequate methods and in sufficient detail that the theories of Anatoly T. Fomenko are not only preposterous and dangerous, but utterly and inherently wrong as well.

Thank you for your continued support of the Universal History of Humanity.
    So what else can he say to remain a publisher...
    Last edited by Elen, 4th June 2016 at 17:44. Reason: Added message

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (5th June 2016), Amanda (3rd July 2017), bsbray (5th June 2016), Frances (4th June 2016), modwiz (4th June 2016), Novusod (5th June 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Elen View Post
    Me neither, I tried Amazon both US and UK and e-bay. Go figure? Have you tried Fomenko's own website?

This is what the publisher had to say at Amazon US:

So what else can he say to remain a publisher...
    That is a curiously worded statement from the publisher and it does have a smell of CYA to it. They do not refute his method, just its application and implication. Citing "hard astronomical data" and "raising the dust of valid statistics" as critiques is a strange way to attack someone.
    Last edited by modwiz, 4th June 2016 at 19:33.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (5th June 2016), Amanda (3rd July 2017), bsbray (5th June 2016), Dreamtimer (5th June 2016), Elen (5th June 2016), Frances (4th June 2016), lcam88 (4th June 2016), Novusod (5th June 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,514 Times in 431 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by modwiz View Post
    That is a curiously worded statement from the publisher and it does have a smell of CYA to it. They do not refute his method, just its application and implication. Citing "hard astronomical data" and "raising the dust of valid statistics" as critiques is a strange way to attack someone.
    It is a common disinformation tactic that the guilty use when caught red handed. It is basically an admission of guilt and a badge of honor. The quackademics did the same thing to Zachariah Stichen when he published his books.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Novusod For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (5th June 2016), Amanda (3rd July 2017), Dreamtimer (5th June 2016), Elen (5th June 2016), Frances (20th June 2016), modwiz (5th June 2016)

(account terminated) United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,648 Times in 2,895 Posts
    The message from the publisher is obviously tongue-in-cheek and sarcastic: "he infects millions of innocent souls with pain of doubt." They're saying that thinking is too painful for most people, that people just like to take for granted what textbooks say, and were offering $10k to anyone that could prove him wrong. I have a feeling that his English translator/editor typed all that up because the tone and precise use of unusual words is similar as found in the books themselves. They also notated "10.000" with a period instead of a comma, which is something that the Germans and Russians do but no English-speaking countries.

I did look on Fomenko's site and even though I couldn't find a website for the publisher I found a listing that indicated that the status of the LLC was either "inactive" or "non-active," something to that effect, which sounds like they're not paying taxes anymore, ie are no longer in business.

If these volumes (5, 6 and 7) ever really came off the press at all, they seem to have disappeared off of the internet by now, and libraries too. Worldcat.org keeps immense records of which libraries keep copies of books. I searched them for Fomenko's books and again only 1-4 appeared, no 5, 6 or 7 listed for any libraries in their system.

The good news is that I found the same subject matter by Fomenko in earlier volumes on Amazon. The bad news is that it's in Russian, and I can't read it (yet!). There is also some limited amount of information available for free online but not in nearly the same detail as it's presented in the books. I really would not be surprised if these books ticked somebody off and were suppressed.

There's a series of 20 ebooks for Kindle as well, including this one: USA has Issues with Maps of 18th century (History: Fiction or Science? Book 12) Kindle Edition

I'm also starting to see where Fomenko and his colleagues can begin to go wrong. They get their statistical data, which is fine and very uncanny and convincing. But all it shows is that the "histories" of many times and places are drawn from common source documents, for example the "history" of the Roman Empire (ancient) and Holy Roman Empire (medieval) are largely drawn from some common source document. When it comes to interpreting what exactly this means, as far as what must have "really happened" despite the obvious forged documents, as sharp of a guy as Fomenko and his colleagues are, it really is going to take more than some mathematicians to figure that out.

As one example, they found evidence that Christopher Columbus' voyage is subject to forgeries (including the name itself, which appears to be a title or nickname and not a real name -- it basically means "Christian Colonizer" in its Latin/Romance forms (yes, "Christopher Columbus" is only the English rendering, not what he would have actually been called)). Fomenko and his team may have found statistical evidence linking this time and place with some other, I don't know (don't have that volume). But they go on to suggest that he was really a colonizer/military leader from the Russian Horde ("Mongols"). In general Fomenko has a tendency to glorify Russia's past, and since he is Russian that may be subject to scrutiny. I am not going to make a prejudgment on Russia's historical role, but someone should have pointed out that even in the conventional histories, Christopher Columbus was a terrible man who raped and murdered many Native Americans and more or less bragged about it. He let his men run around doing the same things. And Native American populations were undoubtedly genocided. So whoever the guy was, he's no one to brag about having on the home team, not to mention he wasn't the first to discover anything anyway. That's just one example of when we need to start separating the raw statistical data from all these suggestive interpretations.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to bsbray For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (5th June 2016), Amanda (3rd July 2017), Dreamtimer (5th June 2016), Elen (5th June 2016), Frances (20th June 2016), Joanna (10th June 2016), modwiz (5th June 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,469 Times in 10,174 Posts
    Was there a 5, 6 and 7 in Russian language and you are looking for it in English and a Beaumont book repeat may have happened, am I up with the play ?.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Amanda (3rd July 2017), bsbray (5th June 2016), Dreamtimer (5th June 2016), Elen (5th June 2016), Frances (20th June 2016)

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    bsbray, it seems like this is a work in progress and that they admit that certain books are not being reprinted. (Don't throw them out the window yet.)

There are many books on New chronology. We underline, that New chronology is not yet a long-standing, but a rapidly developing science and the books appear as far as it develops. That's why the books on New chronology until now can't yet be organized into a single common chain, which would explain everything from A to Z without repeats. Nevertheless the authors make big efforts to do this. As a result a SEVEN-VOLUME BOOK "First canon" [CHRON1]-[CHRON7] was created under the common redaction of А.Т.Fomenko, where everything, what was done in the New Chronology before 2002, is stated.
    The text of the SEVEN-VOLUME BOOK is fully published on this site.
    Moreover, there is search inside it in a window on the top of this page.
    But at the moment the Seven-volume book already doesn't cover everything, what was done in the New chronology.
    If we speak about all the books on New chronology, some of them already went out of date and are not republished any more, some of them repeat the previous ones in a renewed and revised view, some of them present popular or shortened expositions of the other books, some of them are full-color illustrated editions.
    Nevertheless today it is possible to mark the books that can be conventionally called "GOLDEN RANGE". Starting from 2006 they are issued in a golden color covers (with the only exception of "Christianization of Russia", which was issued in a dark cover). These books were written "in the wake of" our studies and contain ONLY NEW developments (except the edition "Russia and Rome", about which will be written below).
    At the same time, "golden" books (except "Russia and Rome") are not written for initial study, as they suppose some knowledge of the reader with the principles of New chronology and with the published earlier "Golden raw" books.
    A full list of the printed books on New chronology – including those which are not re-issued any more – could be seen at the link <<List of books on NCh (including not re-issued) >>.
    Below on this page all the books on New chronology, which are in sale at the moment, are presented. At the top we place announcements about new books when they are issued.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (5th June 2016), Amanda (3rd July 2017), bsbray (5th June 2016), Dreamtimer (5th June 2016), Frances (20th June 2016), modwiz (12th June 2016)

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks

Trailer of the "Extremely Ancient Cities of Spain" Series of Documentaries

This is a new series of documentaries about ancient cities and cave dwellings in Spain. I will not make a new thread for it, but blend it in with all New Earth's Atlantis videos, keeping everything together.

I don't know how they are panning out at the moment as there seems to be a new set of rules with publishing. Will keep you posted...

Last edited by Elen, 8th June 2016 at 10:41. Reason: change text

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (8th June 2016), Amanda (3rd July 2017), bsbray (8th June 2016), Dreamtimer (8th June 2016), Frances (20th June 2016), Joanna (10th June 2016), modwiz (18th June 2016), Novusod (10th June 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    This is a new series of documentaries about ancient cities and cave dwellings in Spain. I will not make a new thread for it, but blend it in with all New Earth's Atlantis videos, keeping everything together.

I don't know how they are panning out at the moment as there seems to be a new set of rules with publishing. Will keep you posted...

Elen
    Some of the ancient Spanish cities are at least partially recognized as official history.

I stumbled upon this Wikipedia article a few years ago. The site is called Los Millares. (City of Millers)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Los_Millares

It is 1000 years older than the Pyramids and Stonehenge:
    Interesting Model the site:

Detailed close view of one of the round buildings"

Lower level interior:

Yet another round building:

The articles I have seen on this leave a lot of unanswered questions such what civilization built Los Millares. It is a city without a civilization attached to it. Very bizarre. I am glad Sylvie is looking into this more.
    Last edited by Novusod, 10th June 2016 at 05:54.

16. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Novusod For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (10th June 2016), Amanda (3rd July 2017), bsbray (10th June 2016), Dreamtimer (11th June 2016), Elen (10th June 2016), Frances (20th June 2016), Joanna (10th June 2016), Maggie (11th June 2016), modwiz (18th June 2016), sandy (12th June 2016)

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    The articles I have seen on this leave a lot of unanswered questions such what civilization built Los Millares. It is a city without a civilization attached to it. Very bizarre. I am glad Sylvie is looking into this more.
    Thanks for posting, I'm sure Spain has a lot of information to offer.

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (10th June 2016), Amanda (3rd July 2017), bsbray (10th June 2016), Dreamtimer (11th June 2016), Frances (20th June 2016), Joanna (10th June 2016), modwiz (18th June 2016), Novusod (10th June 2016)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,661 Times in 1,264 Posts
    Graham back at TedX.
    18 minutes.
    Must have been very hard distilling his message to a few minutes....

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=/ZyfE3IvDWR8

20. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (11th June 2016), Amanda (3rd July 2017), bsbray (10th June 2016), Dreamtimer (11th June 2016), Elen (10th June 2016), Frances (20th June 2016), JRS (12th June 2016), modwiz (18th June 2016), Novusod (10th June 2016), sandy (12th June 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,469 Times in 10,174 Posts
    Nice to see how relaxed he is in vid, nice to see more unknown past in the vid before TedX vid also, feel we are about to get more huge history truth info/data as our exciting times continue.

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Amanda (3rd July 2017), bsbray (20th June 2016), Dreamtimer (11th June 2016), Elen (13th June 2016), Frances (20th June 2016), modwiz (18th June 2016)

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks

Spain - Ancient Vehicle Tracks, but What Kind of Vehicles? - part 1 of the Spanish expedition series

I am trying to embed this video from Sylvie, if it doesn't work immediately try click on "Watch on Youtube" and see if it works that way.

This is the 1st part of the documentary from Spain. Hope it works for you:

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Amanda (3rd July 2017), Aragorn (18th June 2016), bsbray (20th June 2016), Frances (20th June 2016), modwiz (18th June 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    I am trying to embed this video from Sylvie, if it doesn't work immediately try click on "Watch on Youtube" and see if it works that way.

This is the 1st part of the documentary from Spain. Hope it works for you:

The video is flagged private so it will never play unless Sylvie gives us a formal invite to watch it. Not sure why she is going this route. It doesn't make sense to make a documentary and then only let a handful of her closest friends watch it.

If you give a synopsis maybe we can continue the conversation about the ancient civilizations of Spain.

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Novusod For This Useful Post:

Amanda (3rd July 2017), Aragorn (18th June 2016), bsbray (20th June 2016), Elen (19th June 2016), Frances (20th June 2016), modwiz (18th June 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Novusod View Post
    The video is flagged private so it will never play unless Sylvie gives us a formal invite to watch it. Not sure why she is going this route. It doesn't make sense to make a documentary and then only let a handful of her closest friends watch it.

If you give a synopsis maybe we can continue the conversation about the ancient civilizations of Spain.
    It is simple for her. She needs to chage the status of the video from private to unlisted and then links here to it will work. However, outsiders can then grab the link and post it once they have the link.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Amanda (3rd July 2017), Aragorn (18th June 2016), bsbray (20th June 2016), Dreamtimer (18th June 2016), Elen (19th June 2016), Frances (20th June 2016), Novusod (19th June 2016)

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    Sorry about making the boo boo there...I hadn't finished watching the video so I didn't see the warning about not sharing the video with anybody. I have made a synopsis of the video and hope this will make up for my blunder.

In May 2016 Sylvie was on an expedition with Alexander Koltypin to Spain. Where they discovered signs of ancient history. Out of all it was the ancient vehicle tracks that posed the most interesting questions and she started with Bocairent where the road was, in places cut out of solid bedrock, and in other places paved with large blocks of stones. It gave the appearance of being in the middle of nowhere, but interestingly turned out to that the road was not built like we are used to, as they were built with steps in the older parts. So either it was a pedestrian road or with vehicles that would seem strange to us. In places the steps were eroded away.

Along the road there were many signs of cuts and openings that showed intelligent activity. On cliffs in the distant were rectangular openings to be seen. There were also many vehicle tracks, but outside the road.

The next site was called Los Molinos where there were definite signs of vehicle tracks made when the stones were soft, some of them dug in 3m deep into the bedrock, with squares dug in the middle, like steps and always the same distance from side to side. Officially these are called animal tracks which would be impossible, unless the animals had square feet and the size of an elephant. And there were ruins of buildings that was called "The Castle of Mecca". This went on for kilometres. On the sides of the road there were holes regularly spaced on both sides and many signs of buildings not far away from the road. If indeed they were tyre marks they would range from 10 to 19cm wide in size. There has been suggestions that this would be a channel for water, but Sylvie quickly states that that would be impossible as the tracks were going up and down and therefore not suitable for channelling water. Another significant factor on the road was a great step made with a megalithic stone which would make it unsuitable for vehicles or animals to step up or down on it. Primitive stonework was clearly visible in places, showing that the road has been in use by different cultures throughout the ages. The vehicle tracks are very similar to the ones found on the Phrygian Valley tracks in Turkey as they seem to match perfectly on both locations, and they date at the same time. They are never found on geological layers that date differently, so most probably they belong to the same civilisation. The local Turkish historians and geologists that have been working on the network of underground cities, like Cappadocia, say that they have found clues to a connection with these underground cities and the vehicle tracks. This will also be evident in Spain, which will be shown in the next episodes. Maybe in those days it would be unsafe to be outside without a vehicle.
    Here is a video that I put on another thread about Cappadocia in Turkey, it will tie in with what was said on the video.

30. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (21st June 2016), Amanda (3rd July 2017), bsbray (20th June 2016), Dreamtimer (19th June 2016), Frances (20th June 2016), modwiz (20th June 2016), sandy (20th June 2016)