Page 12 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2910111213141522 ... LastLast

Thread: When the Atlantis survivors wake up

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,244 Times in 922 Posts
    bsbray:

I agree with everything you have said. Except:

I wouldn't say Sylvie is necessarily trying to appeal to the lowest common denominator, even if occupants of that zone may be found watching.

It appears to me that she is making these videos and investing her time to send a message, not just about just how far off the mark conventional historians really are, but to set a record that examines things differently from the ordinary conventions. That is the positive message that is of actual value.

I certainly hope at least some fringe of academia will take a serious look, nobody really likes being insulted.

Personally, I really liked previous episodes she produced because they did not waste much time on labelling quackery in the conventional story-lines, they focused on examination of what actually mattered and asked insightful questions. Anyone willing to watch can plainly see for themselves how the conventional views are weak.

I did indeed lay my only criticism out there; there is no need to add noise to a perfectly good message. To figure it another way modwiz, metaphorically, my point is only: we prefer our poison 100% pure, no saline or whatever else diluting it! Right?

I wish I could share one more constructive criticism but I find my state of "untalentedness" to be hindering the prospect.
    Last edited by lcam88, 23rd February 2016 at 03:11. Reason: sanitized

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to lcam88 For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (23rd February 2016), Amanda (3rd July 2017), bsbray (23rd February 2016), Elen (23rd February 2016), Frances (25th February 2016), modwiz (23rd February 2016), sandy (23rd February 2016)

(account terminated) United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,648 Times in 2,895 Posts
    I was going back over a pyramid in France shown at the beginning of this video:

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZ3kgJDtz7g

It had coordinates shown so I plugged them in and found this:

It's called "La Pyramide." If it looks like it's very well preserved, it's because it was apparently built in 1976 by Ricardo Bofill, Taller de Architectura, along a highway in France near the Spanish border.

http://misfitsarchitecture.com/tag/le-perthus/

I guess it's possible that it was pre-existing and just reworked, but I get the feeling that it's more likely that Sylvie just overlooked the details of it when she included the image in her video above.

However, I have found some legitimate pre-historical pyramid-shaped structures in France:

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to bsbray For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (25th February 2016), Amanda (3rd July 2017), Elen (25th February 2016), Frances (25th February 2016), lcam88 (25th February 2016), modwiz (27th February 2016), Novusod (27th February 2016)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,661 Times in 1,264 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by bsbray View Post

It's called "La Pyramide." If it looks like it's very well preserved, it's because it was apparently built in 1976 by Ricardo Bofill, Taller de Architectura, along a highway in France near the Spanish border.
    I really appreciate the work that Sylvie has done and what others are doing. The ubiquity of pyramids is fascinating!! The ubiquity of the megaliths is fascinating. The cross cultural patterns are compelling. The science is in its infancy. I have a hard time mentally grasping Fomenko's work.

Much must have happened differently than reported. What of this happened recently or more distantly becomes confusing. There are so many tales that seem mythic of explanation of the source, political coopting of the time lines and the "fight" between Religious Creationists and Darwinists for example that is ideologic. The serious investigation is important because the Ubiquity (I love that word) tells one thing certainly...world wide and globally connected civilization of sophisticated knowledge we can learn from now.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (26th February 2016), Amanda (3rd July 2017), bsbray (25th February 2016), Elen (25th February 2016), Frances (25th February 2016), lcam88 (25th February 2016), modwiz (27th February 2016)

Thanks

Geo-polymers and Softening Stone

I found a thread on Above Top Secret before that brings information about techniques used by the ancients for softening stone.

The plant that softens stone.

The post here 21 Stones Transformed Into Mind-Boggling, Putty-Like Shapes.

is about a current artist who uses stone softening in his sculpture. Amazing IMO.

Jose Manuel Castro Lopez, born 1959, is a Galician sculptor from Vilasuso, a village in northwest Spain. He spent five years studying at the School of Canterios, where he learned the art of stone carving.

The Spanish sculptor has an almost magical way of kneading his quarry into shape, “In his hands, the stone changes, its nature is altered and the hardness of the material becomes malleable, flexible, liquid.”
    Look familiar to the melted stone of megaliths??

I don't find his technique anywhere related. This could be metaphor or fact but he says:

López achieves this magical effort, he says, “with technical, ingenuity and work. Day by day, you’re discovering things and you open possibilities. This happens to all of us in our work. This is carved. I never use glue.” López doesn’t see rocks in the same way that other people do. Inspired by the mythology of his native Galician culture, he believes that stones are spirits of the land and, as an artist, it is his role to to conjure them: “My relationship with the stone is not physical, but magical. It recognizes me, it obeys me… we understand each other. My stones are not lifeless. They manifest themselves.”José Manuel Castro López’s Amazing Malleable Stone Sculptures
    Last edited by Maggie, 27th February 2016 at 18:25.

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (27th February 2016), Amanda (3rd July 2017), bsbray (28th February 2016), Elen (28th February 2016), Frances (27th February 2016), lcam88 (27th February 2016), modwiz (27th February 2016), Novusod (3rd March 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    You just blew my mind, Maggie. It's like stone putty... The sculptures are amazing and a little creepy.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (27th February 2016), Amanda (3rd July 2017), bsbray (28th February 2016), Elen (28th February 2016), Frances (27th February 2016), Maggie (28th February 2016)

Thanks
    I'd love to see somebody show how he did that.

Statues are something else I'd like to learn above, specifically how ancient cultures made metal statues.

This is a bronze statue that was thought to be Etruscan, from around the 4th or 5th century BC, but then dating techniques suggested to be from around the 11th or 12th centuries AD, about 1500 years later (pretty big screw up eh?):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capitoline_Wolf

And then this is still said to be Etruscan from around 400 BC, again in bronze:

I don't know if anyone ever carbon dated the second one, but it would be very interesting to see what the results would be. It's dated to 400 BC because if you look at the front right leg, there is an inscription on it in the Etruscan language, which died out not long after the Romans took over their territory (the Romans were originally under the king of Etruria and claim descent and a lot of cultural influences, like their alphabet and togas, from the Etruscans, who they also say came from Troy after the Trojan War). So if carbon dating showed a significantly different date as it did for the statue above, historians and archaeologists would have some serious problems to work out, but they'd probably just call the dating "erroneous" like they usually do when the data doesn't fit the theories.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to bsbray For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (28th February 2016), Amanda (3rd July 2017), Elen (28th February 2016), Frances (2nd March 2016), Maggie (28th February 2016), modwiz (28th February 2016), sandy (28th February 2016)

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,318 Times in 5,067 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Maggie View Post
    I found a thread on Above Top Secret before that brings information about techniques used by the ancients for softening stone.

The plant that softens stone.

The post here 21 Stones Transformed Into Mind-Boggling, Putty-Like Shapes.

is about a current artist who uses stone softening in his sculpture. Amazing IMO.

Look familiar to the melted stone of megaliths??

I don't find his technique anywhere related. This could be metaphor or fact but he says:
    Yes Maggie, it really does look like the art of softening stone is still around. I really appreciate your find. WHAT A FIND IT IS! Thanks a lot because now we have a great lead on this. Imagine, the birds knew how to do it too...

Elen

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (28th February 2016), Amanda (3rd July 2017), bsbray (28th February 2016), Frances (2nd March 2016), Maggie (2nd March 2016)

Thanks
    Gobekli Tepe, Noah’s Ark & Lost Atlantis
    February 22, 2016 by Graham Hancock.

podcast from the article
    G & Coletti
    Ep.1 Graham Hancock - Magicians of The Gods

https://soundcloud.com/gandcoletti/ghancock1

In this exclusive extract from his new book Magicians of the Gods (the sequel to Fingerprints of the Gods), Graham Hancock investigates.

The Biblical story of the Deluge can be summarised as follows:

A life-destroying global flood, sent by God to punish human wickedness.[i]
    A man (Noah) selected by God and given advance warning of the coming cataclysm so that he can build a survival ship (the Ark).[ii]
    The preservation in the Ark of the seeds, or breeding pairs, of all forms of life, with a particular emphasis on human life (Noah and his wife together with their sons and their wives) and animal life (‘of fowls after their kind and of cattle after their kind, of every creeping thing of the earth after his kind, two of every sort shall come unto thee, to keep them alive’).[iii]
    The Ark rides out the flood until the waters subside.[iv]
    The Ark comes to rest ‘on the mountains of Ararat.’[v]
    When the waters have ‘dried up from the earth’ God instructs Noah to leave the Ark with his family and to ‘bring out every kind of living creature that is with you—the birds, the animals, and all the creatures that move along the ground—so they can multiply on the earth and be fruitful and increase in number on it.’[vi]
    Noah builds an altar on which he sacrifices some of the animals and birds that he has just saved from the flood. The smell of the burnt offerings is pleasing to God.[vii]
    The surviving humans and animals go forth and multiply ‘and fill the earth’ as they have been commanded.[viii]

.................................................. ...................................
    ‘The past is never dead. It’s not even past.’[xix]

....... there are many ways in which the story of Noah’s Ark bearing the survivors of a terrible global flood – and of a world made anew after a cataclysm – is still a living force in the region of Gobekli Tepe where the great stone circles began to be put in place in 9600 BC. This date, scientists agree, marks the end of the Ice Age. As Professor Klaus Schmidt, the discoverer of Gobekli Tepe, asked me rhetorically when I interviewed him at the site in 2013:

How likely is it to be an accident that the monumental phase at Gobekli Tepe starts in exactly 9600 BC when the climate of the whole world has taken a sudden turn for the better and there’s an explosion in nature and in possibilities?
    There’s something else about that date too. A global flood, nominated by geologists as “Meltwater Pulse 1 B,” occurred around 9600 BC as the remnant ice caps in North America and northern Europe collapsed simultaneously amidst worldwide global warming. Cesare Emiliani, Professor in the Department of Geological Sciences at the University of Miami, carried out isotopic analysis of deep-sea sediments[xx] that produced striking evidence of cataclysmic global flooding ‘between 12,000 and 11,000 years ago.’[xxi]

So although the floods at the end of the Ice Age could never have carried Noah and his Ark thousands of feet above present sea level to the slopes of Mount Ararat, they were indeed global in their extent and would have had devastating consequences for humans living at that time. Mountainous regions such as the Ararat range would have been natural places of refuge – natural places to bring ‘the seeds of all life’ and to start again. Therefore while the Noah story cannot be literally true in every detail we must consider the possibility that it is true in its essence, i.e. that it does record the construction of an ‘Ark,’ in which seeds of useful plants and breeding pairs of animals were perhaps preserved by people who already knew agriculture and who possessed architectural skills, who survived the terminal Ice Age floods, who migrated to the lands between Mount Ararat and Gobekli Tepe and who subsequently disseminated agricultural and architectural knowledge to the indigenous hunter-gatherers of that region.

The sudden and indeed completely unprecedented appearance of giant stone circles at Gobekli Tepe, which surely could only have been conceived and implemented by people with extensive prior experience of megalithic architecture, and the simultaneous ‘invention’ of agriculture in the exact same locale, are, in my view, highly suggestive of this possibility. Then, too, there is the haunting sense that Gobekli Tepe itself constitutes a kind of ‘Ark’ frozen and memorialized in stone, for the iconography of its reliefs and sculptures is not only all about animals but also – in a number of intriguing images that show women with exposed genitalia[xxii] and males with erect penises[xxiii] – about human fertility. Imagery of the latter sort, including a figure that Karl Luckert, Professor of the History of Religions at Missouri State University, interprets as a classic ‘Earth Mother,’[xxiv] call to mind God’s command to Moses and his family to ‘be fruitful and multiply and replenish the earth.’[xxv] Meanwhile, where else but in Noah’s Ark can we find a menagerie as eclectic as the one portrayed on the megaliths of Gobekli Tepe – a menagerie that includes spiders, scorpions and snakes (‘every creeping thing of the earth’), birds and cattle (‘fowls after their kind, and cattle after their kind’), and foxes, felines, goats, sheep, gazelles, boars, bears, etc, etc (in short – as Genesis 6: 20 has it, ‘every kind of animal and every kind of creature’)? Likewise we read in the Bible that Noah sacrificed some of the animals and birds that he had just saved from the flood as an offering to God. At Gobekli Tepe archaeologists have found the butchered bones of many of the animal species depicted on the megalithic pillars.[xxvi]

A final touch. With the date of its foundation set at 9600 BC (‘exactly 9600 BC as Klaus Schmidt was at pains to point out to me), Gobekli Tepe also invites us to reopen the cold case of Atlantis which archaeologists have long ridiculed, pouring scorn and derision on anyone daring to utter the much reviled ‘A’ word. It is a fact, however, that the Greek philosopher Plato, whose dialogues Timaeus and Critias contain the earliest surviving mention of the fabled sunken kingdom, gives us a very definite date for the the deluge that submerged Atlantis. Plato’s source for the story was an oral tradition that had been passed down in his family line from his ancestor, the Greek lawmaker Solon (638 BC to 558 BC). Solon visited Egypt around the year 600 BC where priests at the Temple of Neith at Sais in the Delta told him the story of Atlantis, and informed him that its destruction had occurred “nine thousand years ago.”[xxvii]

Needless to say, nine thousand years before 600 BC is “exactly 9600 BC”!

The Greeks could not have known of Gobekli Tepe (let alone that it was mysteriously founded at the very moment Atlantis was said to have died). Moreover they had no access to the Greenland ice cores dating the end of the Ice Age to 9620 BC, just twenty years before the foundation of Gobekli Tepe, nor to modern scientific knowledge about the rapidly rising sea levels that occurred in this period, notably Meltwater Pulse 1 B. With all this in mind, therefore, the date Plato gives can no longer be dismissed as just something he “made up” (as archaeologists like to claim) but deserves to be considered seriously as a truthful report that has the power to sweep back the veils that hide our past.
    Last edited by Maggie, 2nd March 2016 at 04:12.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (2nd March 2016), Amanda (3rd July 2017), bsbray (2nd March 2016), Dreamtimer (2nd March 2016), Elen (2nd March 2016), Frances (2nd March 2016), modwiz (2nd March 2016)

(account terminated)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,074 Times in 359 Posts
    This stone carving give me the same kick as seeing an Ufo
    (which until now not occured.)

Looks like YouTube at 1.April.

seeing is one thing but touching is better.
    Is it painted (Stone) like a painted skirt on a top Modell ?
    Last edited by scibuster, 2nd March 2016 at 10:25.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to scibuster For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (4th March 2016), Amanda (3rd July 2017), bsbray (2nd March 2016), Frances (3rd March 2016)

Thanks
    I visited the two links. The one about the plant that softens stone takes you to an ATS posting which references Col. Fawcett and his Journey to the Lost City of Z. The book can be found on Amazon. If the citations are accurate then this man relates some experiences with stone softening and metal erosion due this plant.

Western society in general is not big on recognizing the power of plants unless it can be capitalized on.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (2nd March 2016), Amanda (3rd July 2017), bsbray (2nd March 2016), Elen (3rd March 2016), Frances (2nd March 2016), Maggie (2nd March 2016)

Thanks
    I followed some links. The artist, Lopez, did a show in October of 2014. There are some art blogs with pictures of his work. He's quoted, "It is not the sculptor who acts, but the wizard, the druid." He also has his own blog.

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (2nd March 2016), Amanda (3rd July 2017), bsbray (2nd March 2016), Elen (3rd March 2016), Frances (3rd March 2016), Maggie (2nd March 2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    I followed some links. The artist, Lopez, did a show in October of 2014. There are some art blogs with pictures of his work. He's quoted, "It is not the sculptor who acts, but the wizard, the druid." He also has his own blog.
    This guy seems pretty enigmatic. If no one has caught on to how he does it yet, then someone will as soon as he starts getting more attention.

This story of the plant that softens stone has been around for at least a few decades, if not since the time of the Spanish invasion of South America, but trying to get anywhere with it is frustrating. In Robert Charroux's book Le livre du mystérieux inconnu he mentions that there are three different plants that may do this, and that initiates into Middle or South American native religions know these plants and how to use them but protect the knowledge. Whether that's true or not is something that frustrates me to even wonder about. On the one hand, these native people do keep a lot of secrets for obvious reasons. Too many things they hold sacred have been taken from them or exploited by European descendants. Their use of magic mushrooms goes back hundreds, if not thousands of years, but wasn't noticed by Americans until around the 1900's. But on the other hand, this could all just be made up.

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bsbray For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (2nd March 2016), Amanda (3rd July 2017), Elen (3rd March 2016), Frances (3rd March 2016), Maggie (2nd March 2016), Novusod (3rd March 2016)

Thanks
    Lopez went to art school in Spain for five years according to his resume. It's possible someone brought this knowledge back with them from the New World and it is either being used by someone in the art school, or who was in it, or who knew Lopez and connected with him. If someone had carefully held knowledge like this and didn't want it exploited, giving it to an artist is a good choice. Artists' methods are 'proprietary'.

Now, whether any one of us could find out any details without actually going there and meeting people is doubtful it seems.

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (4th March 2016), Amanda (3rd July 2017), bsbray (3rd March 2016), Elen (3rd March 2016), Frances (3rd March 2016), Maggie (3rd March 2016), Novusod (3rd March 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,514 Times in 431 Posts
    This artist Jose Manuel Castro Lopez seems to be 100% legitimate.

http://www.ignant.de/2015/12/01/soft...-castro-lopez/

His simplest works to me are actually the most incredible. There is no technology in existence that can replicate this. A rock folded in half:

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Novusod For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (4th March 2016), Amanda (3rd July 2017), Aragorn (3rd March 2016), bsbray (3rd March 2016), Elen (3rd March 2016), Frances (3rd March 2016), Maggie (3rd March 2016)

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,318 Times in 5,067 Posts

New site at Paracas, Peru points towards casting of the polygonal megaliths

The Russian researcher called Andrey Zukow takes a look at not often seen sites in Peru. One is said to be a portal to other dimensions or other planes of existence. People have disappeared and never been found.

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (7th March 2016), Amanda (3rd July 2017), Dreamtimer (7th March 2016), Frances (7th March 2016), Maggie (7th March 2016)