Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011

Thread: Using discernment: interesting parallels between David Wilcock, Bill Wood & Corey Goode

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    I really liked the John Trudell video. Right in line with ongoing conversations about belief. I like his distinction between think and believe. I've been thinking about the word 'belief' and its meanings.

To say I believe is often to indicate that I'm expressing something that I think might be true but I can't really or absolutely know.

I often fret over people failing to take time to think due to their beliefs. Weirdly, people often seem afraid to think. Like it's too much responsibility. To me, it's a personal cop-out to just adopt a belief system without real in-depth thought and analysis. This is where faith comes in and thinking ends.

Faith isn't inherently bad. Just potentially limiting, which could be bad.
    ...to the topTop

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Chester (19th July 2015)

Senior Member United States Chester's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,591 Times in 1,349 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    I really liked the John Trudell video. Right in line with ongoing conversations about belief. I like his distinction between think and believe. I've been thinking about the word 'belief' and its meanings.

To say I believe is often to indicate that I'm expressing something that I think might be true but I can't really or absolutely know.

I often fret over people failing to take time to think due to their beliefs. Weirdly, people often seem afraid to think. Like it's too much responsibility. To me, it's a personal cop-out to just adopt a belief system without real in-depth thought and analysis. This is where faith comes in and thinking ends.

Faith isn't inherently bad. Just potentially limiting, which could be bad.
    Perhaps what also might help is the actual experience one might have based upon something they might wish to believe. The results of their experience might assist them in knowing if their belief is true or not.
    All the above is all and only my opinion. It may contain some sharing of components of my current operating strategy and some foundational components of my current world view - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

It's just a ride

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGD...vgBsCHmlC13jOg

https://www.facebook.com/samhunter57

http://merlynagain.blogspot.com/
    ...to the topTop

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Chester For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (19th July 2015)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Sam, that was something I was thinking but didn't say. Sometimes the actual experience may be undesirable or unattainable in which case we have to do the best we can. I may be pretty sure someone's a cheater or user but I'm not required to be cheated or used in order to be sure. I'll just have to use my best judgement.
    ...to the topTop

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Chester (19th July 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,968 Times in 20,254 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by donk View Post
    Quote Originally posted by Outlander View Post
    As if MI5/6 is waiting for Bill Ryan... I mean, honestly, who the f#ck is Bill Ryan?!
    Apparently someone who has threads trying to explain a perspective about him deleted from here. What does that tell you?
    Quote Originally posted by donk View Post
    I don't understand why we can basically mock or crap on people like Corey and DW and Greer and anyone we have a problem with, but Steve posts a well research not attacking private thread about BR and it has be put down the memory hole.

Can someone explain to me what made it more "hearsay" and "responsible to remove" than anything else? Why bill seems to get protection no other alt media celeb seems to get to enjoy?
    Even though Steve has himself already provided for the answer to that question here on this thread, I am all too aware of how (many of) our members tend to miss such things and jump to (the wrong) conclusions, so here it is, officially and for the record:

Steve's thread about Bill Ryan was deleted by myself -- I was the only mod on duty at the time -- as per Steve's own request. The word "hearsay" in his original post was also put there by Steve himself, not by myself or any other staff member.

Now, that all said, as the original poster of this thread here, mojo feels that the thread has wandered too far off from its initial intent, and he has now requested that the staff close it. The thread will however remain visible.

Last edited by Aragorn, 19th July 2015 at 23:00.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =
    ...to the topTop

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (20th July 2015), Lord Sidious (19th July 2015), Steve (20th July 2015)